#51 31 Jan 07 :: 22:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Chris at the FX Show in Orlando, FL

I guess I caught most of it. There was some disturbing noise though and I didn't understand everything.

I hugged the Seeker!

#52 31 Jan 07 :: 22:34

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Hey guys, where is the clip at?

Like a typical guy, I tried looking around for a few minutes...then I finally decided to stop and ask for directions!

fbsig.jpg

#53 31 Jan 07 :: 22:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Check your emails, Sean, TeeJay sent you the link.

I hugged the Seeker!

#54 31 Jan 07 :: 22:42

TK166

Hi, All!

Wow, that sounded like fun getting to see everyone, and the reel !

Yeah, that Ewok is still dear to me, even after all the naughty things he did to Hutch.

Here are my pix of the Ewok in action
http://www.bladeseller.com/fanboys/behi … /index.htm
He is in so much action that it is blurry

I loved the scenes in the park where Sean and I were Trekkies fighting the fanboys... Seth Rogen was hilarious... that's probably my favorite part of the movie... and when Sean has to run after the van... he is so fast   !  He's a big guy, weightlifter, but he is like The Flash!

Ken

#55 31 Jan 07 :: 22:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

LOL!  Thanks for sharing that Ken.  Yes, the Fanboys panel was awesome!  Deinfitely worth the trip down there.  Well, that and half an hour in a quiet room with Chris.  big_smile

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#56 31 Jan 07 :: 22:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I look forward to see this! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#57 31 Jan 07 :: 22:51

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Check your emails, Sean, TeeJay sent you the link.

Cool, I got it Thanks!!!

fbsig.jpg

#58 31 Jan 07 :: 22:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hi Ken, fancy seeing you here again. smile I talked to Kyle on the phone for a minute or two at the con, he said he would try to find a way to get the 10-minute preview of the movie to us for the website. Not sure he's really gonna do it, but I'll let you guys know the second we have it in our hands. Can't wait to see Sean "The Flash" East chasing Bucephalus! big_smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#59 31 Jan 07 :: 23:02

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Hey Ken!!
The Trekkie-Fanboys showdown was my favorite part as well. We definitely got a good workout that day as they made us chase after the van take after take after take....
We all got some wicked sunburns too! big_smile
The SW group here in Albuquerque can't wait to see Ken and his "Infamous Karate Chop" on the Fanboys van.

kenchop.gif

fbsig.jpg

#60 31 Jan 07 :: 23:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

LOL, that's funny! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#61 31 Jan 07 :: 23:08

TK166

Hi, TJ and Deb!

I pop in every now and then and I stay up to date on the IMDB Fanboys thread, but I never seem to post anything! But those boards are crazy over there, all the bickering!

Sean, thanks for that image! After several takes I started chopping that van as hard as I could... it was audible! But it is challenging to chop while maintaining the protective "forearm across the stomach" defense pose.

I'll ask Kyle about that clip too, for my Fanboys site, and maybe between both of us we can get a copy! I'll be sure to let you all know... and thanks for letting me know, if you get it!

Yeah, Sean, remember the real Shappy Seasholtz was so sunburned he looked like a lobster... poor guy! Those were a fun couple of days.

Last edited by TK166 (31 Jan 07 :: 23:16)

#62 31 Jan 07 :: 23:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Great idea, Ken.  Let's double-team Kyle!!!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#63 31 Jan 07 :: 23:29

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

yikes

fbsig.jpg

#64 31 Jan 07 :: 23:30

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, we don't have Kyle's contact info, he only has ours, so all we can do, really, is sit back and wait if he contacts us. If you can ask him about the clip, go ahead. Would be great if we could get it. I kinda hope he's gonna suggest sending it by mail on DVD, that would be my ideal scenario. But I'll take anything I can get at this point.

The karate pic is hilarious! Man, I can't wait to actually see more than just the short IESB trailer!!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#65 31 Jan 07 :: 23:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I knew you'd like that, Sean.  wink

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#66 01 Feb 07 :: 01:07

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

BTW, there was a great little Heroes/Fanboys mini-moment when Hayden Panettiere got up from her place at the autograph table during a lull and went over and wrapped herself around Chris from behind, hugging on him like she just adored him.  It was so cute!  I tried to get a pic, but didn't manage.

hehe, that's cute. Heroes is my favourite tv show right about now.

tesig1.jpg

#67 01 Feb 07 :: 01:55

CordyJay

Hey guys!  Thanks for all the great comments and reactions!  You guys are just too great.

And, Deb, that was a great rundown of your day.  I was the one who was really nervous, but you made me feel better when you told us how down to earth Chris was and that he'd be really nice.  You were right! 

I was also wondering if you guys knew whether Chris would be doing any more events or appearances for the movie?  If possible, we'd love to see him again.

And thanks for being so welcoming!

#68 01 Feb 07 :: 03:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yep Cordy, Chris told me they would be doing a "bunch more" cons this summer, but he doesn't know the schedule yet.  We will certainly post it up here if we can find out which ones.  If he comes anywhere near Atlanta again, I might be able to go.  We'll have to wait and see.

He also told me that one of his upcoming films, The Education Of Charlie Banks will be debuting in competition at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City.  Hopefully, he'll be able to attend that as well.  If you know anyone in NYC who can put you up, start making plans.  LOL!  The details are in the Charlie Banks thread on the Chris On Screen board.

I'm so glad you did go up and talk to him.  Didn't the nervousness just melt away pretty much instantly?  That's what happened with me when we first met him back in October of last year. He's such a sweetie!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#69 01 Feb 07 :: 09:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

So they are definitely doing more cons over the summer? That's so cool. I hope there's something close enough to go, Deb. If not, I'll be your Sugar Mama again. Maybe. <grin> Keep practising with the camera, so we get less blurry photos next time. tongue

And I get why you were nervous, Cordy. But, just like Deb said, once you talk to him, it all goes away pretty quickly. He is such a gentleman and he makes it really easy to act natural around him. No reason to be nervous at all. I wouldn't be if I met him again.

I really hope all you guys can meet him again. And I dearly hope the Fanboys guys make an appearance somewhere in Europe to promote the movie. I guess first we need a release date over here, but we'll keep an eye out. Kyle, come visit your friends in Düsseldorf, maybe we can meet up for another interview, I live just 20 minutes away. smile

Oh, and just for clarification, we won't put up the whole audio clip of the Fanboys panel. It's just too much hissing and noise and mumbling. But we will go through it again and pick a few highlights that we'll put up as sound clips on the site. Stay tuned.

-TeeJay

#70 01 Feb 07 :: 23:21

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh wow, I just finished listening to the interview that Deb did with Chris. It's awesome! All our questions were answered and if I didn't already have a lot of respect for Chris, I sure would have now! He's such a smart and sweet guy. You guys just wait until we finish transcribing the interview and upload the sound clips. This weekend if you're lucky. We're giving our best, next to working real life jobs during the day.

Deb, thank you so much for flying out there and doing this. It's awesome and you did a really great job as interviewer. You'll be our official Website Ambassador. smile

-TeeJay

#71 01 Feb 07 :: 23:43

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Deb, thank you so much for flying out there and doing this. It's awesome and you did a really great job as interviewer. You'll be our official Website Ambassador. smile

Dito, dito, dito!!! smile
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! big_smile (I love the part with the greeting! LOL)

I hugged the Seeker!

#72 01 Feb 07 :: 23:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

And because we're nice, here's a little teaser tidbit for you, something about Fanboys:

Deb: There was an interview that Kyle [Newman] did for Collider online and he said that you approached him during the Fanboys shoot and you said you didn't have enough comic business to do.

Chris: <chuckles> Hm.

Deb: It looks to me from the highlight reel that you have a lot of comedy.

Chris: Well, there was certain times that I felt like I didn't, cause, you know, the biggest part of my job in that movie was to, like, keep things grounded. I had to play the aspect of being the real character and propelling the story in a way. I'm not the only one, but that was the majority of my job, and so there were times when I was just kinda like, Give me a joke, man! Like everybody's really funny in the scenes and I'm feeling like I'm not being funny. So, yeah, I did maybe once or twice go to him with that.

Deb: And he did let you improv, so that's great.

Chris: Yeah, they let us. I mean, every take was completely different and not one was the same, so...

-TeeJay

#73 02 Feb 07 :: 00:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey, wait a minute, you're seriously thanking me for going to Florida to spend time with Chris?!?  OMG!!! It was soooooooooo hard, such a difficult, horrible task!!!  Woe is me!!! I deserve sooooo much credit.

NOT!  tongue

Here's the way the thanks should go:

THANK YOU TeeJay for bankrolling the trip and the new equipment!

And THANK YOU Chris for being such a nice, thoughtful guy and giving us more of your time!

I don't deserve any thanks.  I had the best part of the whole job.  I got to sit in a quiet room and look at those baby browns for 40 minutes!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#74 02 Feb 07 :: 00:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Great, now you made me jealous. Thanks.

No, wait ... I'm not giving you thanks for making me jealous. tongue

I hugged the Seeker!

#75 02 Feb 07 :: 00:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No, wait ... I'm not giving you thanks for making me jealous.

LOL!!!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer