#51 26 Mar 08 :: 19:36

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Re: Happy Easter, folks!

TeeJay's right about American chocolate, Anne.  We'd rather it look good than actually BE good.  They add waxes and stabilizers to it so it'll stay shiny and uniform.  You go along thinking it's pretty good until you get some Swiss or Belgian chocolate, and then you realize what you've been missing

And I could STILL eat my weight in Reese's cups!:);):D

Last edited by justme (26 Mar 08 :: 20:06)

#52 26 Mar 08 :: 19:53

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

German chocolate ain't half bad either.  I know, I have a source.  tongue

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#53 26 Mar 08 :: 19:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I love Swiss chocolate, there is a special one, called Toblerone, I could DIE for it. I bought some last week. I think I might eat a piece now. hmm

I hugged the Seeker!

#54 26 Mar 08 :: 20:04

justme
Supreme Dorquette

We've got a version of Toblerone here, too.  I'm not sure it's the real thing, though.  Maybe they license the use of the brand name, but produce a US domestic version.  It's not bad, but I don't know if it's as good as the stuff you get is.  The triangular stuff, right?

Last edited by justme (26 Mar 08 :: 20:05)

#55 26 Mar 08 :: 20:08

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It might not be the same.  I just learned recently that the recipe for Nutella varies by region of the world.  How weird is that?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#56 26 Mar 08 :: 20:14

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Yeah, it's weird.  But I can imagine them thinking, "Why make them expensive chocolate when they'll eat paraffin?"

Last edited by justme (26 Mar 08 :: 20:14)

#57 26 Mar 08 :: 20:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LOL! The Swiss version of Toblerone is awesome, love it too. (Yes, it's the triangular stuff.) Not sure if the American version is similar. I don't dare try it, actually. It's so weird, I bought Snickers at Deb's place last year, and even though ours looks and sounds the same, it just tastes WAY better. Because we don't use paraffin to cover the gooey stuff. wink

But still, the Swiss make yet better chocolate than Germans. And I'm allowed to say that. It's hard to beat Lindt. And, hey, Deb? You still have some of the German version of Nutella, right?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#58 26 Mar 08 :: 23:09

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Samsy-Marie wrote:

I love Swiss chocolate, there is a special one, called Toblerone, I could DIE for it. I bought some last week. I think I might eat a piece now. hmm

Your making me jealous, Anne. I want that chocolate soo bad now! I don't even like chocolate that much but you make that chocolate sound amazing!

#59 27 Mar 08 :: 04:25

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I love toblerone. It's the best chocolate. My dad got me a big box of mini sized toblerones from some airport shop once. So good. And they were varied too, dark, milk, white. mmmmm.

tesig1.jpg

#60 27 Mar 08 :: 09:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, they also now have a variety where there's milk chocolate outside and white, more creamy stuff inside.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#61 27 Mar 08 :: 18:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I love all the variations. LOL Some days ago I bought a limited edition. Mmmmh! I can't stop eating it! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#62 27 Mar 08 :: 21:13

Donna

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Oh, I think we all need to go to Donna's for Easter next year!

Anytime!!!!

#63 27 Mar 08 :: 21:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

You may regret that.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#64 28 Mar 08 :: 09:07

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

My spring break started Thursday. Now I have the opportunity to sleep in late every morning until I start school again.  = )

Board footer