#5451 06 Aug 11 :: 22:59

Editsound
Dorque

Re: Randomness

Jeez, Kate.  what a month. Chicken pox is scary when you are grownup.  Glad to hear to are better (please stay that way) and remember you will never have to go through that again.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#5452 07 Aug 11 :: 06:00

Warbee
Unchallenged

Haha yeah it has been an epic month, but i figure bad things are supposed to come in threes right....fingers crossed I will start building that all important teacher immunity soon. Otherwise may need to look at a different career just for my health!

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#5453 07 Aug 11 :: 11:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Aw, Kate, sorry to hear you've been so miserable! Incidentally, we've had three cases of shingles in our department in the office recently, so I've been looking up the chicken pox virus online a lot. (We basically wanted to know if shingles was contagious, since three cases in just as many weeks seemed too much of a coincidence.) And then I had an idea for fan fiction, which made me look it up even more. Let's just say, I've seen and heard enough about it now for me to realize just how bad it must have been for you. Adult chicken pox is nasty, and that's an understatement. I'm kinda glad I had it as a kid. (Still have a copule of scars to show for it.)

Hope you'll be all better now! This bad streak has got end. Bad things come in threes, right? So it should be over now. Fingers crossed.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#5454 07 Aug 11 :: 20:54

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow, Kate, chicken pox, that must SUCK!!! I'm kinda happy I already had them when I was three and hardly remember it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5455 07 Aug 11 :: 22:47

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

so sorry for you Kate. I hope you get well and strong soon! sending good thoughts and vibes etc your way. smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#5456 08 Aug 11 :: 04:42

Warbee
Unchallenged

Thanks everyone! On the mend now, just gotta wait it out and check ups on the way. But I would not wish that on anyone. Hahaha when you walk into emergency and they move out of your way so you are at the head of the line to check in, you know there must be SOMETHING obviously wrong with you.

-- Kate

KissChasy

#5457 08 Aug 11 :: 06:44

Editsound
Dorque

When my son got Chicken Pox at 18(last year), the doctors from the office all came in to look.  I guess it had been so long since they had seen a case of it, they were all amazed.  So, you are just "lucky" I guess.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#5458 08 Aug 11 :: 08:09

Warbee
Unchallenged

Hahaha yup at 25 I had all sorts coming in to inspect me every now and then seemingly out of curiosity. I didnt mind. Actually started to find it amusing. Well it was something like only 1 in 10 adults say they havent had chicken pox before and only 1 in 10 of those ACTUALLY havent. Most just have such a mild dose they never realise but then have the antibody to prove it. So yes.... I was one of the "lucky" ones. They also didnt know where to put me in the hospital. I came in emergency, was in the childrens ward for abit but then was moved to cardiac of all places and then moved to upper GI ward before leaving... But hey fingers crossed my blood test from today comes back ok (they were concerned my liver function was deteriorating and couldnt work out if it was all the medication I had been on, plus the surviving on a drip or whether the pox themselves had attacked me) anyway fingers crossed my test results come back ok and everyone leaves me alone for awhile.

-- Kate

KissChasy

#5459 08 Aug 11 :: 21:36

Marvalus
Unchallenged

Good thoughts and well wishes to you, Kate!

#5460 09 Aug 11 :: 21:52

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

In case you missed me in the last two days, I was very busy with doctor's and treatment appointments and spent most of the past two days on trains going from somewhere to somewhere else ... there was totally no time to come online.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5461 09 Aug 11 :: 22:52

Marvalus
Unchallenged

domesticelefant wrote:

In case you missed me in the last two days, I was very busy with doctor's and treatment appointments and spent most of the past two days on trains going from somewhere to somewhere else ... there was totally no time to come online.

Hope you are doing well.  It sounds like you need to get some rest now.

Last edited by Marvalus (09 Aug 11 :: 22:58)

#5462 12 Aug 11 :: 03:47

EOcean214
Dorquette

I hope everyone is feeling better around here!

Was it just me, or was this week a really strange week?  I can't point to any one thing that made it horrible. Just not great.

Lindsey

#5463 12 Aug 11 :: 05:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I can point in one general direction for the horribleness.  My boss.  And also, friggin' Mercury is retrograde again, which makes mechanical things fail, people get clumsy, logistics go awry, communications grow difficult and frustration run rampant.  All of which has happened to me this week.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5464 13 Aug 11 :: 00:29

EOcean214
Dorquette

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

And also, friggin' Mercury is retrograde again, which makes mechanical things fail, people get clumsy, logistics go awry, communications grow difficult and frustration run rampant.

Pretty much describes my past week too!

Lindsey

#5465 13 Aug 11 :: 23:09

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Ah, damn that Mercury!

Nothing new here. Or did I mention new kitten already? playful little thing. will be having one of her siblings too in a week. don't want her to be lonely when everyone is at school. I'll be hearing in a couple of weeks if I get to go study Design assistant degree this year.

joa219crysig.jpg

#5466 14 Aug 11 :: 02:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm gonna flip your awwwww switch...

292969_1998438366673_1414920080_32087318_3829656_n.jpg

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5467 14 Aug 11 :: 04:29

Marvalus
Unchallenged

Well, you succeeded!  Double Awwwwwww.  Are they yours?

#5468 14 Aug 11 :: 05:11

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nah, I wish! They're obviously soulmates.  On Facebook, I'm a member of the Potcake Place group because my goddoggie, Bodhi is a Potcake.  One of the members posted her pups tonight and I just melted and had to share. The smaller one is Avalon, the Potcake.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#5469 15 Aug 11 :: 00:37

EOcean214
Dorquette

Cute Puppies!!!

I am sooooo tired today.  Can't believe the weekend is over. Went by fast.  Been watching CSI most of the day.  Exciting life I lead.

Lindsey

#5470 15 Aug 11 :: 04:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I feel you on that, Lindsey.  I had a really nice weekend, but it went by way too fast for me as well.

If anyone's curious about Potcakes, this is a cool little song they made for awareness that could be a commercial for the dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OSdDM2qZdc

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#5471 15 Aug 11 :: 16:39

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

awwwwwww! so cute! almost as cute as my kitten. heh

joa219crysig.jpg

#5472 15 Aug 11 :: 17:34

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

So, for now I've given up my plans of getting a dog of my own when I have a new job. It just depends if I can afford having a part-time-job. Because with a full-time-job keeping a dog can be complicated. So it's either a full-time-job and a cat or a part-time-job and a dog.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5473 16 Aug 11 :: 00:46

EOcean214
Dorquette

domesticelefant wrote:

So, for now I've given up my plans of getting a dog of my own when I have a new job. It just depends if I can afford having a part-time-job. Because with a full-time-job keeping a dog can be complicated. So it's either a full-time-job and a cat or a part-time-job and a dog.

I would recommend a cat (even though dogs are my favorite).  Although they need as much loving as a dog, they are much more independent and can be left at home for longer periods of time if you do get a full time job.

Still so tired.  All I want to do is sleep this afternoon.  Definitely missed yoga.  This was the last way I wanted to start the school year.  Every evening I would come home and just crash last year, kind of depressing.  Was hoping not to do that this year.  Just hard to get that much energy at the end of a long day.  It has to be right from work, if I go home, I'm finished.  All I want to do is rest.

Last edited by EOcean214 (16 Aug 11 :: 02:52)

Lindsey

#5474 17 Aug 11 :: 05:43

EOcean214
Dorquette

Better day today.  Just taking it one day at a time....

Interesting conversation happened at lunch when I brought up shark week with a student and we talked about Shark attack 3D and then he went into how he saw a woman on the news to swim across from Florida to Cuba!  The conversation got deep from there.  I love fifth graders!

http://youtu.be/h2GEwRR9w4I

Lindsey

#5475 17 Aug 11 :: 09:06

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I'm so ready to go hibernate  for the winter. cold weather just goes into my bones and tires me inside out. I can very well relate to you, Lindsay.

joa219crysig.jpg

Board footer