Supreme Dorquette
Website

Re: Randomness

cool. being online school you never have cancelled school days

#6402 10 Dec 13 :: 02:32

EOcean214
Dorquette

we were closed today. Very surprised.  I'm ready to go back although I caught a cold with the snow.

Lindsey

#6403 11 Dec 13 :: 02:48

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I'm staying at home second week in a row. I'm not really expected to show up there but I should go take in some papers, visit the office and finish my drawings, but I kind of want to finish the written part of my thesis at home first. it just so happens I suck at getting school stuff done at home. I'm lost in TV land and messed up my day rhythm. I've been going to bed at 4 am past two nights and tonight seems the same. I'm kind of feeling like I'm already on the Christmas holiday. loving it. but so dreading the day I go to school and the ogre male teacher looks at me like I'm being a disappointment.

I need a kick in the butt. My mom tried doing it by the phone last night. I was shocked that she actually knows how I work. she did this whole speech about how I'm kind of a Bohemian person. Sometimes I need these periods of time when I just need to get my space and think about stuff or load my batteries. Then when I get myself going I can get more done in ten minutes than some people in ten hours. and it went on and on and I was just so shocked that she actually knew me like that since for my whole life I've listened to her drunken speeches about how I am and she got it all wrong. she was a bit drunk now too but I might forgive her this one time. I don't usually talk with her if I notice she'd drunk. when she's sober we can sometimes have really good chats. which was also a surprise for me. I guess family works like that big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6404 13 Dec 13 :: 01:27

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Should we rethink this whole "dorquette" label? wink

the secret origins of nerd dork and other things

Last edited by CappuGirl (13 Dec 13 :: 01:28)

joa219crysig.jpg

#6405 14 Dec 13 :: 08:20

EOcean214
Dorquette

Don't be too hard on yourself cappu.  We all get this way around this time of year.  Good luck with your mom.

Definately has been a Friday the 13th!  You have no idea!  I crashed from 7:15-11:15 after such a chaotic day!

This left me laughing yesterday! 

Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, and Conan Share A Lyft Car:
http://teamcoco.com/video/ice-cube-kevi … share-lyft

Last edited by EOcean214 (14 Dec 13 :: 08:21)

Lindsey

#6406 14 Dec 13 :: 12:22

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I did the same thing.  I crashed at 7:30, but didn't fall asleep till 9:30 and woke up at 12:52.  Trying to make myself go back to bed now.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6407 16 Dec 13 :: 13:31

EOcean214
Dorquette

Sorry Deb! I did eventually go back to bed, I was so tired from the week it didn't take that long!

Aw man, As soon as I get my sinuses and allergies under control I get a stomach bug.  I told my director if my stomach settles before 12:00 I'll come in.  Just don't want to risk it now.  Been up all night!  I hate doing this so close to Christmas break.  Trying to make it these past few months with no days off!

Lindsey

#6408 20 Dec 13 :: 07:36

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

hope you are ok now happy holidays everyone!!  big_smile

#6409 21 Dec 13 :: 21:01

EOcean214
Dorquette

Thanks Mel, feeling better.  It's finally Christmas Break! Wahoo!

Lindsey

#6410 25 Dec 13 :: 04:02

EOcean214
Dorquette

Elinor and I are watching our traditional Christmas movie, Lord of the Rings smile  Happy Holidays!

Lindsey

#6411 25 Dec 13 :: 17:03

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

<3 Merry Christmas everyone! big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6412 31 Dec 13 :: 22:38

EOcean214
Dorquette

Happy New Years Everyone!

Lindsey

#6413 01 Jan 14 :: 02:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6414 02 Jan 14 :: 03:16

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Happy new year everyone! big_smile

Congratulations to our lovely Kate and her Johnny for getting engaged on Times square! big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6415 02 Jan 14 :: 22:38

EOcean214
Dorquette

aww, that's sweet smile

Lindsey

#6416 12 Jan 14 :: 08:29

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

happy holidays

#6417 13 Jan 14 :: 00:05

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

the holidays came and went already big_smile it's really hard to get out of the holiday feeling this year. so hard to get a hold of reality again. lol. apparently I'm not the only one big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6418 23 Jan 14 :: 06:39

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

and only weeks until spring break.

#6419 21 Mar 14 :: 04:40

pegghead
Unchallenged

Hey everybody!! Haven't been on here in awhile, life gets busy. I wanted to share something that's really important to me with all my non Facebook friends (you'll have seen me talk about it already). I'm a huge fan of Zachary Levi & all the amazing work he does both on and off screen. A lot of you know about San Diego Comic Con that happens every July but you might not know about an off site event that has been happening for 3 years called NerdHQ. It is a completely free event that is kind of a mini con but all the proceeds for any celebrity event they have, 100% of the proceeds go to Operation Smile to help kids in developing countries have corrective surgery for cleft lip & pallets. Please go to this link iwantmynerdhq.com and check it out. They are crowdfunding the event this year because last year Zac lost a lot of money when sponsors pulled out, he would pay back what he put in once the sponsors paid back. Even if your not doing SDCC please consider donating, all they ask for is 5$, and they live stream all of the celebrity panels for FREE and you should check them out on TheNerdMachine Chanel on YouTube. Sorry for the ramble but it is really important to me and it is overall for a great cause. Thanks a lot and hopefully I can be more vocal on here again soon (got a 2nd job now :-S).

If you go to the site and watch the video Zac made he explains it all a lot better than I just did. Thanks guys :-)

Last edited by pegghead (21 Mar 14 :: 04:42)

#6420 23 Mar 14 :: 17:14

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I LOVE NerdHQ!!! big_smile I've been a fan of it since I first found the amazing quality (duh, HQ!) videos on youtube about two years back. I loved watching it stream straight last summer. it was as close to as I can ever get to being at any kind of con. big_smile I wish all big Cons were filmed like that. stars are so lovely and friendly at cons big_smile I'm going to donate some as soon as I get some money on my paypal account smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6421 31 Mar 14 :: 05:12

EOcean214
Dorquette

I caught onto NerdHQ this year!  Love it!  Such a great idea!

Sorry to be M.I.A.  Super busy!  I'm officially an aunt!  The first nephew, grandson of our family was born last weekend!  big_smile

Lindsey

#6422 21 Apr 14 :: 05:20

EOcean214
Dorquette

Aww man why do so many good conventions have to be coming in town.  It would be awesome to see Chris at the Horror Fest, awesome to see Nathan Fillion & Summer Glau at Dallas Comic Con for firefly panel, awesome to see Roswell Anniversary Panel in Austin.  Too much to choose from but alas I have no money and not enough nerdy friends to take with me.  lol.

Lindsey

#6423 03 May 14 :: 04:04

EOcean214
Dorquette

Just thought I'd let you guys know it will be my last year working in a public charter school.  I have been here 5 years (that's a long time in my district; high turn over) - I got a job teaching 2nd grade at a private christian school in the area.  I am super excited about it although I will miss my lovely students.

Lindsey

#6424 24 May 14 :: 00:40

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I mentioned this here so here's an update: I got my thesis drawings ready, presented and turned in and did one more surprise test but I have graduated now! even got some praises big_smile still waiting for my papers to come via mail but I'm done with this degree. ready for work, but unlikely to get one right away. spring is the season to get  new job on this profession but maybe there'll be a miracle in the fall. tongue

joa219crysig.jpg

#6425 02 Jun 14 :: 04:54

EOcean214
Dorquette

good luck!  I've got 16 little ESL incoming kinder students to teach tomorrow for summer school.  Do not feel as prepared as I thought I was! big_smile I have a feeling i'm going to be improvising a lot tomorrow!  It's okay though as long as we all get to know each other by name and get home safely I'll be happy!

Lindsey

Board footer