#126 02 Nov 06 :: 09:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Kyle Newman's Revenge of the Nerds (Remake) - CANCELED

Okay, two different sources, so there must be something to it. Wish it weren't, though. Man, that SUCKS big time. Wonder what happened. I wish we had an inside source for this. As for the ROTN board being full of negativity, well, what else is new? I've kinda given up on going there. If it was really cancelled, then I guess we need to prepare for tons of posts that say "told you so" or "finally they realized this should never have been made".

That'd be Chris's second lead role movie to fall through. Geez, that sucks, man! I hope it doesn't mean it's not meant to be. But we can still hope for Calvin next year. There is one good thing that might come out of this if production did get cancelled: Chris would finally have some much needed time off.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#127 02 Nov 06 :: 10:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, guys, looks like it's real. Found two more posts that say the same thing:

100% CANCELLED 
by irishkid23     2 hours ago (Wed Nov 1 2006 22:24:26)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My sister is one of the Assistant Directors on this film. This movie was black for a week before it got cancelled. It was having sooooooooo many problems.... Thats the buisness... My sister is already on her way back to cali..

Re: Any filming today?   
by rcpiercy     2 hours ago (Wed Nov 1 2006 22:40:45 )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This production is "postponed indefinitely." I was an extra and called to see when they were filming next and they basically said this movie is toast.

Guess that seals it. DAMN!!!! Okay, so let's shrug our shoulders and move on. Chris will get lots of other opportunities to do lead roles. He's just too good for it to not happen. I'm sure he's not gonna be happy about it, but it didn't sound like he was in this movie with all his heart. He basically said: It's gonna be a lot of fun, I can hang out with friends and get paid for that. Still a damn shame.

So Chris might also be back in LA now. Hope he does get some well deserved time off. Go and relax, Chris. You'll get your chance to play a lead role in a feature film yet. Let's hope for Calvin Marshall next year.

Shall we post a blurb on the front page about this? Or shall we wait until there's something more "official" out there?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#128 02 Nov 06 :: 11:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

WTF??? yikes
Oh noooo! That SUCKS!!!
Great, and I don't even know what else I could say. Hmpf. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#129 02 Nov 06 :: 12:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

What else is there to say? It does suck. I mean, it's not the end of the world, but it certainly ruined my day. I might be less bummed out if I hadn't been to the set. That kinda made the movie special for me, so now that it's being stomped into the ground, I feel like I'm affected a little more on a personal level, feeling sorry for everyone we met and saw who was involved in it.

-TeeJay

#130 02 Nov 06 :: 12:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, my day is ruined now too. sad
But yeah, you're right, it's not the end of the world. I just wish Chris a good time off. He certainly deserves that. And now let's concentrate our hopes on Calvin Marshall.

I hugged the Seeker!

#131 02 Nov 06 :: 18:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm not at all worried about Chris.  I feel bad for Kyle and Adam.  Man, I wish we knew the real poop.  But I bet it ends up being about money and/or poor management at fledgling Fox Atomic.  Another project just fell through for them big time and probably really upset the applecart --- the $150 million adaptation of the ultra-popular video game, Halo.

Guess we'll learn the truth soon enough.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#132 02 Nov 06 :: 18:29

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh yeah, it's also bad for them, of course. It sucks when you see all the work you put your heart into going down the drain.

I hugged the Seeker!

#133 02 Nov 06 :: 19:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, might be the money, and maybe also bad luck in terms of weather and them falling behind schedule with filming (which has been suggested on IMDb, I think). Probably a lot of factors coming together to end up in a cluster f*** that added up to what we're hearing now. And I feel bad for Kyle and Adam too. Would it be possible for them to go looking for a new production company to buy the movie and then continue shooting it at a later time? But of course there will be things like actor/staff availability and all that, but maybe it could happen. Someone obviously believed in this movie being worth a shot (literally), so maybe someone else can be found who also does.

Let's all cross our fingers that it won't die indefinitely. Long live the nerds!

-TeeJay

#134 02 Nov 06 :: 19:39

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nah, Kyle and Adam can't shop the movie because it was probably a studio assignment.  Meaning they didn't bring it to the studio, the studio chose to bring it to them.  They're just hired hands, like Chris.  If the studio itself wants to sell it to another company, that's possible, but not likely.  If McG, who's exec producing has any controlling interest in the film, he can certainly shop it to another studio, or finish it himself.  Hopefully, we'll know more soon.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#135 02 Nov 06 :: 21:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

This afternoon's mood:

"WHY?!?!?!?!"

-TeeJay

#136 02 Nov 06 :: 21:54

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

What a coincidence, this is what I sent Tina via Email:

AmericanGun_037.jpg
"Dude, WHYYYY did they cancel ROTN????"

Well, I find it somehow funny that we kinda had the same idea. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#137 02 Nov 06 :: 22:13

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

fbsig.jpg

#138 02 Nov 06 :: 22:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Nerds Remake Production Shut Down
Source: Variety
November 2, 2006

Production on one of Fox Atomic's Revenge of the Nerds has been shut down after Emory University in Atlanta, where more than a third of the film was to be shot, backed out of its agreement to allow Fox to film on campus. Variety says it's believed that Emory officials ultimately balked at the raunchy nature of the project.

Fox was alerted to the issue four days before the shoot was planned to start on Oct. 9. After attempting to shoot at other colleges in Atlanta, the decision was made to call it quits and figure out a new plan.

Production is now officially on hiatus, with the clock ticking, considering that winter (and snow) is approaching, and much of the film is set outdoors in autumn, back-to-school weather.

A Fox Atomic rep said that Fox was still hoping to release the film in August and that all of the cast and crew -- presently being flown back from Atlanta -- remain intact.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17334

Thanks so much, Sean. Finally we have some more official news and not just IMDb rumors. Well, this still sucks, but it doesn't sound like the project is completely ruined. I hope they can continue shooting some time later this year or early next year. I just hope Calvin and ROTN don't collide then. That would not be good. hmm

Let's cross our fingers for Kyle and the crew that they can figure out a plan how to make this work. I'd hate for them to have put all this energy into the project and then see it being flushed down the drain halfway through.

-TeeJay

#139 02 Nov 06 :: 22:26

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Yea, this is crazy.
But I gathered the same thing as you did Tina from this ....it's only a temporary setback. Let's hope this remains the case and begins filming very soon.

Last edited by Chnyst (02 Nov 06 :: 22:26)

fbsig.jpg

#140 02 Nov 06 :: 22:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Let me quickly post this on IMDb. I'm still waiting for the first people to pop up there and say "told you so".

-TeeJay

#141 02 Nov 06 :: 22:28

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, thanks. Now there is still a little hope, huh? I'll definitely cross my fingers for them!

BTW Sean, I tried to add you on myspace but somehow I can't find you when I'm logged in.

I hugged the Seeker!

#142 02 Nov 06 :: 22:49

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Samsy-Marie wrote:

BTW Sean, I tried to add you on myspace but somehow I can't find you when I'm logged in.

You're not one of those webcam chicks are ya?? tongue

Did you try my url: www.myspace.com/chnyst   ?

fbsig.jpg

#143 02 Nov 06 :: 22:54

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Tonight's mood: Hopeful.

"If anyone can pull this off, Kyle can."

-TeeJay

#144 02 Nov 06 :: 22:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Chnyst wrote:

You're not one of those webcam chicks are ya?? tongue

Huh??? No, I'm not. I don't even have a webcam.
Well, now it obviously worked. I just don't know why it didn't work earlier. But my computer behaves weird sometimes. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#145 02 Nov 06 :: 22:57

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Huh??? No, I'm not. I don't even have a webcam.

Don't believe her, Sean. Her videos are all over youtube.com. tongue (Just kidding.)

-TeeJay

#146 02 Nov 06 :: 23:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I hope Fox Atomic sues Emory University for breach of contract.  Bunch of jerks.  Now where are they gonna find another college with a primate center where the weather is OK this time of year?  Guess they'll have to stay in California and hire some stunt monkeys.  That'll mean the budget goes through the roof.  Lawsuit!  Lawsuit!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#147 02 Nov 06 :: 23:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

What is their problem anyway? God, the Americans can be so prudish! Anne suggested they should come to Germany and shoot here, we're not that prudish. LOL (Although I don't know any university that's actually nice and has a primate center. Düsseldorf and Bochum sure don't qualify, they're both ugly.)

-TeeJay

#148 02 Nov 06 :: 23:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Emory is somehow affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church so I guess that's why the prudishness.  But, geez, didn't anyone on their staff know what ROTN was before they agreed to host the film?  Hadn't anyone seen the original?  It amazes me that they could get away with breaking the agreement, just like that.  I hope they face serious consequences for that.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#149 02 Nov 06 :: 23:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

The Stuttgart University is ugly too. In fact, the whole city is ugly. LOL
But yeah, they knew what the movie was going to be like and they have nothing better to do as cancel it FOUR days before shooting starts? Hello? Couldn't they say that EARLIER??? yikes

I hugged the Seeker!

#150 03 Nov 06 :: 00:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Emory is somehow affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church so I guess that's why the prudishness.  But, geez, didn't anyone on their staff know what ROTN was before they agreed to host the film?  Hadn't anyone seen the original?

They probably just saw the money and went for it without checking it out. Clever move. Not. Yeah, Fox, sue them!

-TeeJay

Board footer