#176 05 Nov 06 :: 20:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Kyle Newman's Revenge of the Nerds (Remake) - CANCELED

Wow, if that were true, that would be so awesome! But let's not count on IMDb rumors. If the event with Nick would work out, man, that would be even "awesomer". Crossing fingers and appendages again. Let's hope they get this on the road again soon, no matter where.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#177 05 Nov 06 :: 21:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I read that rumor earlier today. I thought about posting it here, but I didn't because we don't know how much of that is true.

I hugged the Seeker!

#178 05 Nov 06 :: 21:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'd hate to think that someone would lie about Efren saying this.  Seems a little weird.  Here's hoping it bears out.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#179 05 Nov 06 :: 21:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Did it say where Efren was? In LA? Or still in Georgia?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#180 05 Nov 06 :: 21:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

This is what it says:

Hey, i'm a University of Georgia student and i work in the Best Buy in Athens. Efren Ramirez came into the store tonight and apparently they might try and restart filming here? Who knows, he seemed like he thought he would be in town for a bit.

FYI, Athens is like two hours from Atlanta, so i'm not sure why he'd be in Athens if it wasn't film-related.

I hugged the Seeker!

#181 05 Nov 06 :: 21:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That doesn't say Efren said they might be filming there. That sounds like this person was drawing the conclusion that they might because he/she saw Efren there... I'm just leery of things said on IMDb, no offense. Maybe Efren has relatives or friends out there and thought it was a good opportunity to see them before he left Georgia? But I sure hope they'll keep filming there. Would be cool.

-TeeJay

#182 05 Nov 06 :: 21:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, me too. But that was the reason why I didn't post it earlier. I didn't want to put up wrong hopes.

I hugged the Seeker!

#183 05 Nov 06 :: 21:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I hope that person posts again if there's anymore news.  They said at ASC that the school sent emails to everyone notifying them of filming.  Maybe they'll do this at UGA too.  I wonder if we should PM Nick and ask if he ever called Chris and if Chris knows anything about possible filming at UGA?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#184 12 Nov 06 :: 23:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just found this:
http://www.agnesscott.edu/about/p_newsa … asp?id=374

Also, check out the Fanboys thread for a link to a video interview that Kyle gave earlier that might mention the movie. I haven't watched it yet, it's quite long and appears to be mostly about Fanboys.

-TeeJay

#185 12 Nov 06 :: 23:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Do my speakers have problems or is it the video that makes Kyle speaking low and the guy who asks the questions loud? This is so weird. Either it's too loud or too quiet. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#186 13 Nov 06 :: 00:02

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay, I finished watching. The sound problem didn't go away, but I was at least able to understand it. In the third video he says something about Chris at the end. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#187 13 Nov 06 :: 00:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I noticed the sound problem too. Probably had the mic too close to the interviewer and to far away from Kyle. He says something about Chris? Cool! I don't think I can watch it tonight, but I'll try to go for it tomorrow. I've asked Frosty, the collider.com guy who posted the inteview, if we can use snippets of it for the site, so I'm reluctant to type up all the pertinent parts before we get permission. We totally need to post the part about Chris. Unless it's not worth it.

-TeeJay

#188 13 Nov 06 :: 00:16

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh, it is definitely worth it! Watch it, I'm sure you'll like it. big_smile
Actually I tried to type it but I got confused and there's a part where I couldn't understand half of the sentence, so I gave up. And I just realized that there are still three more parts of the video. Why didn't I see that link before???

I hugged the Seeker!

#189 13 Nov 06 :: 00:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Frosty gave us permission to post parts of the interview (awesome, thanks!!), he just doesn't want the whole interview to appear somewhere else. And we need to link collider.com and the source URL. Peachy, no problem. Let me listen to it tomorrow and then type the highlights up. I might need Deb's help myself if I don't understand everything. Let's see. I seriously need to go bed now, though. <yawn>

-TeeJay

#190 13 Nov 06 :: 13:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Cool! smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#191 15 Nov 06 :: 01:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Awesome! Andrew (Mr. DVD Specials Guy) just e-mailed, asking where he should send the interview we did with Kyle. Hopefully, either me or Deb will soon have it. And then you can read/listen to/watch what Kyle had to say about the things we quizzed him on. Hopefully, Andrew will also volunteer some more info about the production halt on ROTN, but he didn't seem like the talkative guy. I can't believe this is all happening at once. While Deb is hopefully watching Alpha Dog at UGA as we speak, I'm being contacted by Andrew. And I'm not even wearing my Fanboys t-shirt!! smile

I need to go to bed. It's almost 1 AM. Argh!!! WAY too late for a weekday. I'm gonna be dead at work tomorrow. And it's all Andrew's fault!

-TeeJay

#192 15 Nov 06 :: 09:37

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Dude, it's 2:33 here and I'm wired.  Trying to wind down though.  Need to crash but will probably dream about AD.  I can't believe Andrew emailed on this specific night either. Wow!  So Kyle got the email from Frosty and told Andrew to buzz us up?  Awesome!  Can't wait to see what we get.  TeeJay, did you notice if Andrew shot Chris interrupting us?  Because I'd love to see that on camera.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#193 15 Nov 06 :: 09:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

No, Deb, I don't know if Andrew shot that. Wasn't that before we started the interview, and not when we had already gotten started? I also have no idea what Andrew is gonna put on our DVD, if it's just the ready-cut interview or the raw version or also some other material. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. What I kinda realized yesterday is that Andrew has a mac.com e-mail address. That would probably mean he's got a Mac, which would make sense because a lot of people in image/video editing do (apparently they're better for that kind of thing than PCs). I just hope Andrew gives us a video DVD and not a Mac-burned data DVD. Because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to play it on any of my comps without installing some sort of Mac-to-PC conversion software. We used to have Macs at uni and my PC couldn't read any Mac-burned CD without extra software.

But if that's the case, then I'll find a way. Soya has an iBook, she could probably convert it somehow. My colleague Jörg also has a Mac. There's gotta be a way. For now let's just see what Andrew sends.

Yeah, I guess Kyle got the e-mail from Frosty and then asked Andrew to get in touch with us. Otherwise he wouldn't have written to my e-mail address, we only gave him the info@c-m.com one when we were on set. Wish Kyle had written back himself, but I'll take Andrew any day. I watched parts 1 to the middle of 4 of the Kyle interview about Fanboys from the collider.com/iesb.net sites last night. Kyle is such a geek, but a loveable one. He is, like, THE biggest Star Wars fan. He's got all the action figures and replicas and everything. He is all the Fanboys in the movie combined. And I love that. I'm sure he had a blast with the Mos Alba guys. And even though I'm not that passionate about SW, I totally get it.

More news when we have any.

-TeeJay

#194 22 Nov 06 :: 08:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but this is a sad day, folks. This is from IMDb:

From TheHollywoodReporter.com:

School's out as Fox Atomic flunks 'Nerds'

Nov 22, 2006

Fox Atomic has officially shut down its first production effort, the remake of the 1984 cult classic "Revenge of the Nerds," after the studio's production was halted this month when Emory University in Atlanta, where the film was shooting, balked at the raunchy nature of the project.

"Everybody has worked really hard on 'Revenge of the Nerds,' and we're all disappointed that we can't move forward," Fox Atomic president Peter Rice said.

Studio spokeswoman Isabel White said Atomic toppers John Hegeman and Rice remain believers in the project but that no adequate solution to restart production had presented itself.

"The whole production was standing by, and it was unlikely we were going to be able to get anything going until after the holidays," White said. "Given the pressures surrounding the film, it felt like we were trying to put a square peg in a round hole."

The $12.5 million film, from fledgling director Kyle Newman, had only been shooting for two weeks, and while Atomic still is assessing the losses on the project, the studio indicated that all members of the production team had been paid to date for their time.

Actor Adam Brody and director McG were producing "Nerds." Both declined comment.

Once the production was kicked off Emory's campus, "Nerds" moved to neighboring school Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Ga., but the smaller college lacked the large-scale campus feel that the movie's producers felt it called for. Once production was halted, it became a challenge for the studio to find another location acceptable for shooting, while continuing to pay an entire production crew for their time.

The studio has released all parties from the project.

"There is little chance that this incarnation of 'Nerds' will come to be," White said.

Here's the actual link for whoever wants to read the article themselves:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … 68e30ff788

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS ASS BIG TIME! sad sad sad I mean, I can understand that they don't wanna pay a whole film crew for weeks, but just to kick a movie that has come this far is something I don't really get. If it's just the location, how hard can it be to find a university that's suitable that would accomodate them?

Now we will never see the scenes we saw being filmed. That's so sad. But I'm still glad we got to meet Chris on set, even though the circumstances seem kinda irrelevant now. And... KYLENEEDSAHUG! I'm so sorry for him and everyone who put a lot of heart into the project. I hope he's gonna get to shoot something else soon. Preferably with Chris in it. wink

One good thing about it, though: At least Chris has some much needed time off now. Maybe until Calvin. He deserves it, but somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see a new project popping up before long. Hope he gets to spend a relaxing pre-Holidays time with friends and family.

-TeeJay

#195 22 Nov 06 :: 09:43

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Geez am I sad to hear that. sad

Hate to think of the great Chris scenes we'll never get to see...

If Chris has some time off, maybe he'll have time to come check us out. smile

Last edited by Susanna (22 Nov 06 :: 09:46)

tesig1.jpg

#196 22 Nov 06 :: 11:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Susanna wrote:

If Chris has some time off, maybe he'll have time to come check us out. smile

Yeah, one can only hope... smile

-TeeJay

#197 22 Nov 06 :: 12:57

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's another blip from iesb.net:

Nerds Won't Get Their Revenge
Written by Robert Sanchez   
Wednesday, 22 November 2006

Variety is reporting that Fox Atomic has officially ceased production on its remake of "Revenge of the Nerds," which the division had hoped to release next summer.

Project was put on hold earlier this month after two weeks of filming when Emory U. in Atlanta, where the pic was skedded to shoot, decided not to participate in the film.

People close to the film say another issue was that Fox Atomic topper Peter Rice was not completely satisfied with the dailies and that the film felt smaller than the kind of pic he's aiming to release from Atomic, the teen-oriented label launched last year.

Rice addressed the issue by saying, "Everybody worked very hard on 'Revenge of the Nerds,' and we're all extremely disappointed that we can't move forward."

A Fox Atomic rep said that all participants in the film have been compensated for their work.

Pic, which was being directed by tyro Kyle Newman, was a remake of the 1984 comedy. Cast included Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan and Dan Byrd.

Source: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=co … &Itemid=99

So Fox also wasn't happy with what Kyle and the team had come up with so far, huh? Makes a little more sense to cancel the movie also because of that on top of the location problems. Still sucks. I hope they won't be discouraged by that. Must be so disappointing. Man, I believed in this movie. I hate to see it let go. And it stinks that Chris isn't mentioned in the cast list. He was supposed to play the lead nerd, for God's sake!! Why would they mention Dan but not Chris (not that Dan doesn't deserve a mention)?

Oh, and Kyle? Can I have one of the orange Lambda Lambda Lambda t-shirts, now that you won't need them anymore? wink

-TeeJay

#198 22 Nov 06 :: 16:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Remember those names, folks, Peter Rice and Fox Atomic.  They go on our wall of shame along with Les Moonves.

Maybe Chris will snag a long-overdue TV guest role now that he'll have a little time off.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#199 22 Nov 06 :: 16:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Remember those names, folks, Peter Rice and Fox Atomic.  They go on our wall of shame along with Les Moonves.

I'll put Rice on the dartboard, right next to Moonves. And get out the extra heavy darts.

TV guest role, yes, PLEASE! Preferably a show I watch and love anyway. Can you say Grey's Anatomy?

-TeeJay

#200 22 Nov 06 :: 18:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Grey's would be good, but only as long as he's not a patient with some gross disease.  Man, now I REALLY wish he'd been able to do that ER ep!

Maybe he can pick up a dark role on on a cop show or something.  But it would have to be one of the Law & Orders because those are the only ones I watch.

Ooooh, I know --- Medium!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer