#26 23 Feb 10 :: 23:37

EOcean214
Dorquette

Re: FlashForward

CappuGirl wrote:

I watched the first three eps last fall online, but then forgot about it. Now it's been on Finnish TV for about 4-5 episodes and I've been watching every episode. it's ok, but I could live without. I read somewhere it's based on a book. So if it fails to air in complete, we can always read the book to find out the end.

True story but I'm with you TeeJay, I wouldn't mind it to continue on for a little while. I love all the actors and think with a little more time they could dig deeper into their characters.  I need to catch up online. I think ABC still has all their episodes online.

Lindsey

#27 03 Mar 10 :: 21:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Flash Forward premiered in Germany on Monday. I didn't "really" watch it (that means the TV was running but I wasn't looking at it) because the dubbing (as always) sucked, but I just heard from a friend of mine that there were more scenes than in the American Original. This is kind of strange, I think. Why would they air something here that didn't air in America? That's cheating!

I hugged the Seeker!

#28 03 Mar 10 :: 22:25

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Could have to do with censoring. Maybe those scenes were more violent or explicit than allowed to air in the US.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#29 15 Mar 10 :: 20:20

EOcean214
Dorquette

Flash Forward comes back on the air tomorrow, March 16th.  They released the first 10 episodes early on dvd that I thought was interesting.  But you can still see them for free on ABC.  http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward

Lindsey

#30 21 Mar 10 :: 00:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

HOLY MOLY! yikes

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#31 23 May 10 :: 17:54

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I'm more into this series now. Been watching it as it comes on Finn TV. I think we're somewhere in the end of season 1 now. hubs is watching the newer eps online.

joa219crysig.jpg

#32 23 May 10 :: 19:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Did you read that the show's been cancelled? And apparently it's also gonna end with a cliffhanger, which is going to be majorly annoying! :fedup:

-TeeJay

#33 23 May 10 :: 23:34

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I see, this is going to suck. I wasn't that much into the show, but I hate when shows end with huge cliffhangers ...

I hugged the Seeker!

#34 24 May 10 :: 21:45

Editsound
Dorque

It is amazing how many shows do the cliffhanger ending when they are in danger of being cancelled (remember JOA did it too).  I guess they hope the network will want to find out what happens.  I can't think of a single time it worked, but they keep trying (for example Mercy this year)

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#35 24 May 10 :: 21:47

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's true.  Medium did it too when they were on the chopping block at NBC.  Thankfully, CBS was there to catch them.  I was afraid they were going to try something like that again this year.  Thank heavens most of what happened in last week's ep was a dream.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#36 29 May 10 :: 11:50

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I just finished watching the series last night. I ordered the Rob J Sawyer book that its based on. I know its not the same but could get some hint. he has a nice website and all his books seem interesting. I think I'll check them out. Haven't read scifi in a while. smile

Oh. Someone just told me yesterday that FF was axed because the studio had to choose between V and FF, because both had big budgets.

Last edited by CappuGirl (29 May 10 :: 11:51)

joa219crysig.jpg

Board footer