#1 25 Oct 06 :: 14:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Bogus Chris blog on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/chris_marquette

This was not written by Chris himself. I'm quite sure of that. Even though it claims it is. The text is almost the same as his bio on Melissa's website plus info from wikipedia, only with the "he" substituted for "I". Plus there is no information on that page that's not in wikipedia or on Melissa's site. And there's also only photos there that you get off the web. Plus I can't see Chris doing a myspace page for himself, especially not with a last login date of Sep. 28, 06. How sick is it that people are out there, getting a kick out of imitating him? And look at all those comments of people who believe it's him. I might just want to post a comment there, saying that you should be careful about what to believe.

And wouldn't he have mentioned that to us when we met him and talked about the website? Like, "Hey, guys, you know, I have a blog on myspace." I wish we could verify some way that it's not him. And then get that page kicked off myspace.

I wonder... should we post something in the Chris Digest? You know, asking him: Dude, this is not you, is it?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 25 Oct 06 :: 15:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Bogus Chris blog on myspace

No, in fact, you can delete this thread.  It ain't him.  No way.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 25 Oct 06 :: 17:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh nooo, there's actually somebody who pretends to be Chris? Oh God. roll
I heard so much about people pretending to be celebrities on the amtam board. There were several people on myspace who pretended to be Amber and I was hoping that this will never happen to Chris. Apparently, I was wrong. sad

People, this is not funny. Get an own life.

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 25 Oct 06 :: 18:21

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, there's someone pretending they're him. How sad. And it's much sadder that there's people there who actually believe it's him. One person who left a comment sounds like they were at his birthday party or something. Or just another pretender, maybe.

I mean, a Chris blog would be fantastic, but he'd choose another place than myspace, I'm quite sure of that.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#5 25 Oct 06 :: 18:28

shrams

That sort of thing also happens on LiveJournal.  I suspect that most celebrities have better things to do with their time than write a blog of any sort, especially under their own name.  Chris seems way too busy to take what little free time he has and spend it on a computer writing stuff about himself.

#6 25 Oct 06 :: 18:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

I mean, a Chris blog would be fantastic, but he'd choose another place than myspace, I'm quite sure of that.

Yeah, me too.
I saw that "he" has also Jason Ritter and a person called Margo on "his" friendslist. I'm pretty sure that they're fake too. I mean, when I want to find information about an actor online then I'd try to make sure that it's their official internet presence. Like Amber's website. I'd never trust a myspace account, except when I read on the official website about it.
I remember reading something about a fake Michael Welsh account on his official website recently. This is so sad. Why can't people not just get an own life, why do they have to pretend to be celebrities? roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 25 Oct 06 :: 19:16

shrams

Why can't people not just get an own life, why do they have to pretend to be celebrities?

I suspect they're desperate for attention, but don't know how to get it as themselves.  They could try doing something interesting or useful, but I guess it's easier to pretend to be someone who's popular.  You're right, it's very sad.

Last edited by shrams (25 Oct 06 :: 19:17)

#8 27 Oct 06 :: 20:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey, check it out guys.  There's a fake Emile Hirsch My Space blog too:

* A My-Space run by one of his Fans -- No, Emile does NOT have his own My-Space, currently, although he DID have one, last year, which he deleted.
Anyway, here is The Fan-run My-Space page in case anyone's interested in browsing it or "adding" ...

http://www.myspace.com/emilehirsch

Source: IMDb Alpha Dog Message Board

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#9 27 Oct 06 :: 22:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Poor Emile and poor Emile fans who think this is real. I know I am repeating myself but I just don't understand the people who are pretending to be someone else. What's so difficult to be oneself? And how can they be proud of pretending to be someone else? This is nothing to be proud of. They should be proud to be theirselves but apparently they have too little self confidence. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#10 27 Oct 06 :: 22:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well said, Anne. But these are probably just kids who don't know much about life yet. I suddenly feel so old and wise. LOL

-TeeJay

#11 27 Oct 06 :: 23:17

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I think it's more cynical than that.  I think these little fangirls find it absolutely hilarious to pretend to be the celebrities they like, just to see how many people they can fool.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#12 27 Oct 06 :: 23:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Then it's not only mean from that little fangirls (people who are doing things like that aren't fans in my opinion), it is also very embarrasing for the fooled people.

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 28 Oct 06 :: 01:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, it's embarrassing all right.  They're not fans like we are.  They're not the hardcore faithful.  What they're doing is also very disresepctful, which is something we try to combat here and as best we can on the stupid IMDb boards.  I guess I should say they're "fans".  You now the type.  They splatter their silliness all over the Internet and then disappear when they find something else to move on to.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#14 28 Oct 06 :: 03:31

shrams

Yes, I think that's a fair assessment, that they think they're being clever by seeing how many people they can fool.  I got into a huge fight on a mailing list when someone pretended to be the actor we were talking about, like he came in to join our little chat.  It looked like his e-mail address originated in England, so some of us thought there might be a slim possibility he was for real, thought it just didn't seem right to me.  Anyway, turns out it was a big "experiment" to see how gullible people are.  I said I thought it was a really cruel joke, and not the slightest bit amusing.  Some people thought it was funny as hell, and weren't mad at all.  I was tempted to contact the president of his fan club and let her know about it, because I was thinking he might possibly want to take legal action.  But I chickened out, because almost everyone thought I was taking it way too seriously.  In these days of identity theft, I don't find that stuff amusing at all.  It's never been funny, but it's more potentially dangerous now.  I totally agree this is not someone who "loves" the celebrity, and they certainly show no respect.

#15 28 Oct 06 :: 03:43

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I just don't get why they don't just make a myspace group like Chris Marquette fans or something.

Well fine, I do "get it", but I don't agree with it.

tesig1.jpg

#16 28 Oct 06 :: 12:53

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, if there are fans who blindly trust those people, it's their own fault. I personally wouldn't trust a myspace account until I have the proof that it's real from an official source.

I hugged the Seeker!

#17 27 Dec 06 :: 19:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I couldn't restrain myself. I just sent this person claiming he's Chris a myspace message:

Subject line: Can you say "bogus"?

Text:
You claim to be Chris Marquette? Hm... Somehow I don't think so. Nice try, though. Might not have been that obvious if you didn't only copy his biography info from christopher-marquette.com and wikipedia word for word. Seriously, how sad is it that people claim to be celebrities when they're not? Even sadder that other people buy it.

Why don't you put your energy into building a real website with info about him instead of just pretending you're him? No wonder the real celebrities out there are leery of people on the internet. That's so sad. Get a life, dude.

A Chris Marquette fan

I know it will not make a difference to him/her, but at least I've said my share. Makes me feel better at least.

-TeeJay

#18 27 Dec 06 :: 20:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, I once thought about writing something (since I have a myspace account myself, but still could not figure out the sense of it ...) but then I saw that whoever made up this account wasn't online since September, so I guessed he, she or it has lost interest in claiming to be Chris by now.

I hugged the Seeker!

#19 27 Dec 06 :: 22:06

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Apparently, this happens A LOT.  Several people have complained about it too, but there's not much anyone can do.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#20 29 Dec 06 :: 01:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, here's the not so bogus myspace blog of Chris's younger brother Sean:

http://www.myspace.com/smarquette

And, man, with those photos on there, it can only be real. Sean, you are freaky!

-TeeJay

#21 29 Dec 06 :: 10:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Especially that one pic where he looks a lot like his brother.

I hugged the Seeker!

#22 07 Jan 07 :: 01:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sean's myspace page is gone now, btw:
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.

-TeeJay

#23 07 Jan 07 :: 01:26

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hmmmm ...

I hugged the Seeker!

#24 22 May 07 :: 23:06

NicoleMcIntyre

You should ask the person who has the fake Chris page a question that Chris would only know the answer to...

-Nicole-

#25 22 May 07 :: 23:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Nah, we're not gonna bother. It's such an obvious fake that it's not worth it. Welcome to the boards, though.

-TeeJay

Board footer