#1 06 Mar 12 :: 23:44

wel.hume

Mary Steenburgen Tweeted Me!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to share my fantastic news, as little as it may be. I tweeted Mary asking her to retweet my message about the drum contest I'm competing in- and she retweeted it! As if that wasn't kind enough, we I tweeted her a 'thank you' for her time, she replied with "xoxox". This woman has always been one of my all time favorite actresses, but she just gained an enormous amount of respect from me! She is soo sweet!!!

Anywho, just wanted to share this with people who enjoy Mary as much as I do. I feel like this is a little JoA community within a Chris community.

Here is Mary's Twitter where you can see her two tweets to me, joanna_batteur

https://twitter.com/#!/MSteenburgen

She is such a thoughtful lady!

-J

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

#2 07 Mar 12 :: 02:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Mary Steenburgen Tweeted Me!!!

That's awesome!  It's my goal to one day interview Mary too. I've loved her since 1980.  I have not bothered with Twitter since I have enough Internet addictions already, but it looks like I might have to break down and just do it one day.  wink

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 07 Mar 12 :: 04:11

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Thanks I will follow her I love Twitter!

#4 07 Mar 12 :: 19:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I didn't get the appeal of Twitter for a long time either, but if you know how to use it right, it's a great tool to a) stay up to date with the latest news of your favorite TV shows/bands/actors and b) to even converse with them (granted, only in 140 character increments, which can be frustrating). I've gotten replies from a couple of actors/TV show writers there, and I even won a contest and my idea will now be featured in a Canadian radio drama episode where they said they'll credit me on air. \o/ smile Btw, Sam Huntington's tweets are hilarious. He's probably my favorite person on Twitter.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#5 08 Mar 12 :: 05:07

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

And celebs you really like are more likely to respond and even follow you back if you make a fansite for the celeb! smile

#6 08 Mar 12 :: 22:41

wel.hume

I love twitter because you don't get spammed with "friends of friends" vactation photos, status updates etc. I enjoy the JoA cast on twitter more than anyone else, Jason Ritter's puns are hilarious, he tweets a few a week, and they make twitter worth it for me.

Also, in the earlier days of twitter, I was able to follow bands on twitter and when I went to see them live, they'd post invites to hang out with them around the venue they were playing. That fan/star intimacy got me hooked.

My biggest complaint about twitter is the "twitter promoted" ads they tweet. I only get a few a day, but it's kind of annoying to have in your news feed.

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

#7 09 Mar 12 :: 04:39

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Its easier to follow and quicker to see when bands you like will have a concert near you on Twitter too and easier to remember to check on instead of going to the bands actual websites often.

#8 10 Mar 12 :: 07:28

wel.hume

Yup, soo true. Not to mention people are more likely to tweet a pic of what's going on, than post one on facebook. I'm in love with twitter!! smile

#9 11 Mar 12 :: 04:01

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I like mobile notifications from Twitter to my phone. It gives me something fun to do when I'm not texting or calling anyone.

#10 11 Mar 12 :: 22:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I haven't been to Twitter in ages, but I remember getting exited when Diane Farr tweeted me once. I mentioned I recently watched her Desperate Housewives episode. It was great. No other celebrites tweeted me, though.

I hugged the Seeker!

#11 12 Mar 12 :: 02:47

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

It's great to get your tweets retweeted by celebs you admire too! smile

Board footer