#1 30 May 13 :: 20:06

EOcean214
Dorquette

TV Discussion Thread

Some Old shows returning: click here to read.

New TV shows : click here to read.

I'm excited about several CW shows: The Originals, The Tomorrow People, Reign, S.H.I.E.L.D. , Sleepy Hollow, Dads, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, I'm interested in Dracula, Believe... So many shows to look into.  I've really enjoyed Hannible too....

Last edited by EOcean214 (24 Oct 13 :: 04:25)

Lindsey

#2 30 May 13 :: 21:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: TV Discussion Thread

The new shows I put on my short-list to check out are Hostages, Believe, Chicago PD, Night Shift, Lucky 7, S.H.I.E.L.D., Resurrection, Almost Human, The Tomorrow People, The 100 and Bitten.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#3 30 May 13 :: 23:28

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

interesting looking series. some are so tired as ideas. not sure which ones will work but I'll be sure to check some of them out if I can. big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#4 09 Jun 13 :: 22:41

EOcean214
Dorquette

Cappu - I agree about some being tired ideas... how many shows can be based of legends and mysteries?  Sherlock (which I love) as well as Elementary ended up being great.  But now there is Dracula, Sleepy Hallow, Hannibal.... I tried to get into Hannibal and although I think the characters are fascinating I don't think the show is for me.

Lindsey

#5 10 Jun 13 :: 04:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I missed most of Hannibal, but I plan to catch up with it.  I love Hugh Dancy and Dan Fogler.  What I saw of it was beautifully done.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6 24 Jun 13 :: 19:04

EOcean214
Dorquette

It is Deb but I missed the first two or three episodes and felt a bit confused.  Definitely one you need to watch from the beginning.

So wish I could go to comic con!  One of these days!  Here is this years panel!

THURSDAY, JULY 18
6:45pm]Hannibal (NBC) | Executive producers Bryan Fuller, David Slade and Martha De Laurentiis join star Hugh Dancy.
Black Sails (Starz) | TBA
MAD (Cartoon Network) | Producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek
Murder Police (Fox) | David Goodman, Jason Ruiz, Will Sasso, Chi McBride, Peter Atencio and Justina Machado preview the new animated comedy.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
8 pm Husbands | TBA
The 100 (The CW) | Series stars Eliza Taylor, Thomas McDonell, Marie Avgeropoulos and Henry Ian Cusick join executive producers Matthew Miller and Jason Rothenberg.
Almost Human (Fox) | Series stars Karl Urban and Michael Ealy with executive producer J.H. Wyman.
Banshee (Cinemax) | TBA
The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Executive producers Steven Molaro and Bill Prady and the writers of The Big Bang Theory.
Bob’s Burgers (Fox) | Executive producers Loren Bouchard and Jim Dauterive join cast members H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal and Larry Murphy.
Bones (Fox) | Executive producers Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan and star David Boreanaz will screen a reel of never-before-seen footage from the upcoming season.
Brickleberry (Comedy Central) | Creators and executive producers Waco O’Guin and Roger Black, executive producer Zac Moncrief, along with David Herman, Tom Kenny, Jerry Minor and Natasha Leggero.
Childrens Hospital (Adult Swim) | Creator/star Rob Corddry and executive producers David Wain and Jonathan Stern join cast members Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Ken Marino and Rob Huebel.
The Following (Fox) | Stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore and Valorie Curry join executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) | Executive producer Joss Whedon and Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb preview the hotly anticipated new series.
Nikita (The CW) | Stars Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa and Noah Bean join executive producer Craig Silverstein for the show’s farewell panel.
The Paranormal and Extraterrestrial Squad (CWTV.com) | Producers Milo Ventimiglia & Russ Cundiff and creators/stars John Dale & Michael Hobert.
Sleepy Hollow (Fox) | Executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Len Wiseman join stars Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
American Dad (Fox) | Wendy Schaal, Rachael MacFarlane, Scott Grimes, Dee Bradley Baker and more will be on hand for a Q&A.
Arrow (The CW) | Stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards and Colton Haynes join executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.
Family Guy (Fox) | Voice cast Seth Green and Alex Borstein join executive producer Rich Appel and surprise guests.
Futurama (Comedy Central) | Voice cast Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, David Herman, Phil LaMarr and Lauren Tom join executive producer David X. Cohen and creator Matt Groening to celebrate the show’s final season.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Executive producers Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Pamela Fryman joins stars Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Jason Sagal and Alyson Hannigan for the show’s first Comic-Con panel.
Once Upon a Time (ABC) | TBA
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC) | TBA
The Originals (The CW) | Stars Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis join executive producer Julie Plec.
Person of Interest (CBS) | Executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman join members of the cast.
Revolution (NBC) | Series stars and creator/executive producer Eric Kripke.
The Simpsons (Fox) | Creator Matt Groening, executive producer Al Jean, supervising director Mike Anderson and consulting producer David Silverman celebrate the show’s 25th anniversary with never-before seen footage from guest director Guillermo del Toro and musical guests “We Put The Spring In Springfield”!
The Tomorrow People (The CW) | Stars Robbie Amell, Mark Pellegrino and Peyton List with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Phil Klemmer and Danny Cannon.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham and Candice Accola join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.
SUNDAY, JULY 21
Beware the Batman (Cartoon Network) | Producers Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson.
Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Creator Kurt Sutter joins stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and Jimmy Smits.
Supernatural (The CW) | Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard with executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer. (Hall H)
Teen Titans Go! (Cartoon Network) | Producer Aaron Horvath joins members of the voice cast, including Greg Cipes and Scott Menville.

Source:  tvline.com

Lindsey

#7 25 Jun 13 :: 01:48

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Wish I could go to the Sons of Anarchy panel.  I got to meet Tommy Flanagan recently.  He's a sweetie...

580504_10201181088117314_721701623_n.jpg

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#8 01 Jul 13 :: 00:40

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

thats so great what has he been in?

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#9 02 Jul 13 :: 00:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

He plays Chibs on Sons of Anarchy.  He was in Braveheart, among many films.  He's been around a long time.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 02 Jul 13 :: 08:39

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Unrelated to Tommy Flanagan, but what I find really sad is that NBC would cancel Awake last year, and this year make a show that's basically the same, just with other actors and a few changes in setting (i.e. Do No Harm). I mean, I get it that concepts get recycled if they're successful, but it's baffling that obviously this one wasn't, and yet they do it again. And I must say, I liked Awake a lot better. I'm getting so fed up with imagination-less TV reboots. Which is why gems such as Bomb Girls or Orphan Black stand out.

But, hey, at least Unforgettable was uncancelled and is getting another season this year.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#11 02 Jul 13 :: 17:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

For anyone who was a fan of Life Unexpected and Britt Robertson, she's in the new show, Under The Dome.  So far, I HATE her character's storyline.  But that's not her fault.

Another new show I'm enjoying is Twisted, on ABC Family.  The lead actor, Avan Jogia, is amazing.  And cute.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#12 03 Jul 13 :: 19:31

EOcean214
Dorquette

Teejay:  crazy. They also renewed 24 to help improve fox's raitings.  I liked one or two seasons of 24 but felt it was pretty much the same all the way through.

Deb:  Recording Under the Dome, hope its good.  Twisted looks good.

Lindsey

#13 16 Jul 13 :: 04:37

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

awww lucky you i never got to actually meet an actor

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#14 16 Jul 13 :: 17:46

EOcean214
Dorquette

I've been enjoying ABC's new show Motive.  It's actually already been on for a season in Canada and it did so well ABC brought it to America.  I like the lead actors a lot.  Its a different twist to a crime show.

Lindsey

#15 03 Aug 13 :: 03:10

EOcean214
Dorquette

So sad that Time Warner no long carries CBS sad  I hope its still On Demand, I guess I can watch CBS shows on the internet sad

Lindsey

#16 03 Aug 13 :: 06:18

pegghead
Unchallenged

What does that mean for all the CBS shows like NCIS and whatnot?

#17 03 Aug 13 :: 22:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

They dropped Showtime too.  They're going to feel the repercussions of this really quickly.  Those channels are hugely popular.  This stupid decision will be reversed shortly, I bet.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#18 04 Aug 13 :: 20:57

EOcean214
Dorquette

CBS is apparently charging an exorbitant amount to be aired and thinks it will be turned around quickly.  The new tv season doesn't really start until the end of september so there is still a few months to make a compromise.

Lindsey

#19 05 Aug 13 :: 08:37

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

This has nothing to do with cable channels, but can I just pitch "Orange Is The New Black"? It's a Netflix show, based on a real story (from a book) of a woman who spent 15 months in a women's prison for a one-time drug money smuggling offense ten years ago that went bad. I was hooked after the first episode. (The only actors I knew were Kate Mulgrew and the spiritual guy from A Gifted Man, but the whole cast is really great.)

Here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryWkAaWjKg

#20 05 Aug 13 :: 18:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'd like to see that, but I don't have a streaming account with Netflix.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#21 05 Aug 13 :: 19:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm sure they'll put it on DVD before long. I think it's become quite the success. A lot of my Twitter folks have been raving about it.

#22 18 Aug 13 :: 23:55

EOcean214
Dorquette

^ Teejay, since its streaming on demand through netflix I'm not sure if it will go to dvd... Netflix's goal is to get more subscribers through these new tv series they are producing.  Fingers crossed though!

I'm looking forward to Grimm... I just saw a trailer for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, of course I'm excited about is as Joss Whedon participates in it! smile

Lindsey

#23 22 Aug 13 :: 22:27

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I loved Orange is the new black. Laura Prepon was great in it and I just loved Samira Wiley. Crazy eyes scared me a bit. heh.

joa219crysig.jpg

#24 23 Aug 13 :: 20:48

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I haven't checked out any new TV shows, as I can hardly keep up with my old ones. Well, except Game Of Thrones, which has totally taken over my life. Any tips what I could like?

I hugged the Seeker!

#25 24 Aug 13 :: 01:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

There's a new season of American Horror Story starting soon.  This season is about witches and it's set in New Orleans.  I'm so geeked up I can hardly stand it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer