#26 24 Aug 13 :: 19:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: TV Discussion Thread

I meant to check out that show anyway. Just remembered that. Thanks for the reminder!

I hugged the Seeker!

#27 26 Aug 13 :: 01:35

EOcean214
Dorquette

Good to know its still on air, did it take a break last year?

I've been watching Teen Wolf on netflix.  It's pretty good actually!

Lindsey

#28 26 Aug 13 :: 04:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

America Horror Story?  No, it generally runs this time of year.  There was a marathon of last season's Asylum over the weekend.  You saw season two, right?  It was phenomenal.  They got a ton of Emmy nominations.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#29 26 Aug 13 :: 05:04

pegghead
Unchallenged

I haven't watched any of the American Horror Story seasons. They both kind of creeped me out too much. I want to watch Game Of Thrones but don't know if I will have time with everything this fall.

#30 23 Sep 13 :: 04:29

EOcean214
Dorquette

American Horror Story creeped me out too, but it was too good not to watch.  I usually followed it with a comedy!  tongue

I'm so excited for the new season to start!  I haven't heard the best reviews on sleepy hollow or dads but I hear brooklyn nine-nine is hilarious!  Can't wait to watch.

Castle, Revenge and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are all new this week!  smile

When am I going to have time for all this?

Lindsey

#31 23 Sep 13 :: 05:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Dads is terrible.  I'm embarrassed for those guys.

American Horror Story was robbed at the Emmys!  Only James Cromwell won.  Jessica Lange was so freakin' amazing.  And so was Sarah Paulson.  I thought for sure they were a lock.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#32 27 Sep 13 :: 05:36

EOcean214
Dorquette

Interesting, wonder how that happened!

Good to know abt Dads, I won't bother watching it.

I loooved Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D  big_smile

Lindsey

#33 28 Sep 13 :: 00:48

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I watched a lot of new and returning sitcoms this week.

HIMYM was back with a double episode: it was OK but I think this show has been slowly dying for years and only the awesomeness of Neil Patrick Harris has kept it afloat.

The Big bang theory was back with double episodes: it was pure awesomeness. been a while since that show managed to make me laugh so much big_smile

Dads is a good new show. Then again, I love everything with Seth Green big_smile

Brooklyn nine-nine was pretty good but I think it still has some room and potential to get really good. First time I watched something wholesome with Andy Samberg in it. he was ok.

Back in the game was one of the shows I watched today. It's was OK, has room to grow. I think it has great child actors. it will be fun to watch them outshine the boring adults with all too familiar issues.

The crazy ones has stars like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robin Williams, two of my all time favorite actors. they play very well together big_smile

The Michael J Fox Show was a good watch. I love that guy. always did. smile I'm interested to see how they'll continue this show.

Shows I'm yet to check out but I'm going to: Hostages, Mom, Sleepy hollow, Trophy wife, Lucky7, The middle, Atlantis, Masters of sex, Hello ladies, Originals, Sean saves the world... and what else... Im sure the'll be plenty. I'm also so far behind of Chicago fire, Person of interest and Revolution, I'm going to have to start those from the beginning when I have time and inspiration.

I so can't wait to have have back Supernatural, The Vampire diaries and Teen wolf big_smile now I'm going to watch the new episode of NCIS. smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#34 28 Sep 13 :: 01:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Stunningly, Amber on Two & A Half Men is not bad at all.  With all he horrible people gone, the new core cast is pretty damn good together.  And they have got her all tarted up, with her boobs popping out of her top.  So I ain't complainin'.   tongue

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#35 28 Sep 13 :: 10:36

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

breaking bad, believe criss angel, ahs, walking dead, are all shows i love

#36 02 Oct 13 :: 16:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Stunningly, Amber on Two & A Half Men is not bad at all.  With all he horrible people gone, the new core cast is pretty damn good together.  And they have got her all tarted up, with her boobs popping out of her top.  So I ain't complainin'.   tongue

I'll give it another chance, then.

I hugged the Seeker!

#37 02 Oct 13 :: 23:37

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Amber is a regular on it now. I guess they realized she was the one that could safe the show big_smile

ps. oh my god! the latest episode of NCIS!!!! big_smile <3 why doesn't anyone else watch it??!! I hate that I have nobody to talk about it with.

joa219crysig.jpg

#38 03 Oct 13 :: 00:38

EOcean214
Dorquette

I watch it every now and then. My parents loove it.  I'm waiting for new episodes of supernatural, vampire diaries, originals and the tomorrow people.

Lindsey

#39 04 Oct 13 :: 00:12

pegghead
Unchallenged

CappuGirl I watch NCIS!! The second episode was soooo sad. Feel free to chat with me about it :-) Lovin all my shows so far, majority are doing really good episodes. TBBT is of course hilarious as usual and I can't wait for tonight's scavenger hunt episode!!

#40 04 Oct 13 :: 05:46

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

who watches breaking bad

#41 06 Oct 13 :: 14:53

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

oh yay, NCIS people! big_smile I know the episode was sad but they finally...!!!!! big_smile <3 I love those two together!

I've been catching up with Bates motel this weekend. So creepy to see my lovely August Rush as Norman Bates. I just want to hug that kid and tell him to pick up a guitar or something. heh.

New Hawaii 5-0 episodes have been great! big_smile I like Kono almost more than McGarrett. I love how kick ass she's being in the latest episodes big_smile

New haven episodes are somewhat good but somehow leave a bad taste. I like that The Eureka dude is in it now and that Duke is connecting with somebody so well. smile

New Vampire diaries episodes have been great but there's still a bit of that annoying beginning-of-the-season-mystery that just comes off as confusion. lol.

I can't WAIT for my beloved Supernatural to return!!! <3 <3 <3 best show ever. even beats Buffy and that's saying something. wink

joa219crysig.jpg

#42 06 Oct 13 :: 19:39

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I loved the first season of Bates Motel.  It's brilliant.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#43 08 Oct 13 :: 01:17

EOcean214
Dorquette

I'll check into the Bates Motel!  What channel does it come on?  I've only seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad on Netflix.  I love it but its too serious for me to watch during the school year.  I usually catch up on it during winter! That and homeland... 

Cappu, I've been behind on new shows because I've been watching episodes of Haven on netflix!  I love it!  The characters are so great.  I'm looking forward to supernatural too.  I loved the season finale.  I'm glad your still here to talk about it!  I seem to be the only one in age group that still watches it!

I really enjoyed Sleepy Hollow and loved Brooklyn nine-nine, I laughed and laughed.

Looking forward to The Tomorrow People and The Originals.  I'm also excited about Grimm comming back at the end of the month.  Why so late!

Lindsey

#44 08 Oct 13 :: 03:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Bates Motel is an A&E summer show.  It might be on Netflix by now.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#45 08 Oct 13 :: 13:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

We're already seeing the first early casualties of bad ratings. ABC pulled "Lucky 7" off the air after just two episodes. What a shame, I really liked it. I didn't even really want to watch it, but then I saw that "Bomb Girls" actors Anastasia Phillips and Gabe Grey would be in it (the latter of whom I actually met in person in Toronto last month). The show positively surprised me. I hope they at least burn off the episodes already produced in a stupid Saturday time slot, like they did with "Do No Harm".

"The Glades" was also cancelled after season... uh... 4? I'm not too miffed, I was getting a little bored with that one. Except it kinda sucked that they ended on a huge cliffhanger.

I watched the first two episodes of "Hostages" and was too bored to want to continue watching it. I liked S.H.I.E.L.D., but I'm not crazy about it. Had to show my loyalty to Back Alley Productions and watch the new, Canadian "Played", which I liked enough to want to keep watching. I think that's all the new shows I've checked out so far. I will be watching "The Tomorrow People" as well, I think they start this or next week.

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#46 17 Oct 13 :: 19:21

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

EOcean214 wrote:

Cappu, I've been behind on new shows because I've been watching episodes of Haven on netflix!  I love it!  The characters are so great.  I'm looking forward to supernatural too.  I loved the season finale.  I'm glad your still here to talk about it!  I seem to be the only one in age group that still watches it!

I really enjoyed Sleepy Hollow and loved Brooklyn nine-nine, I laughed and laughed.

Looking forward to The Tomorrow People and The Originals.  I'm also excited about Grimm coming back at the end of the month.  Why so late!

I love Supernatural! I've watched every episode at least five times. nuts big_smile a store on the Swedish side of this border sells american stuff isn't sold here widely. I so wanted to get bed jerky to taste while watching SPN. hehe. I made apple pie in honor of the new season tongue

So far I've liked The Tomorrow people even if it does annoy me sometimes with some obvious stuff. Also, I think maybe the main guy is a bad actor or just comes off as such.

The Originals episodes are getting better. There was one week when I thought the Originals episode was better than the Vampire diaries episode. big_smile

Can't wait for Grimm! big_smile I still haven't checked Sleepy hollow. I'm not really familiar with that mythology. I'm waiting for few episodes to come out and marathon it smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#47 18 Oct 13 :: 02:43

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Here's what I'm thinking so far this year...

BEST NEW SHOW: ... ... ... not sure yet.

BEST RETURNING SHOW: Stunningly, I am going to have to say that Two & A Half Men is so much fun with the Duckie/Kelso/SluttyGayJoan combo.  They promoted Amber from special guest star to regular after only 2 of her originally scheduled 11 eps were aired for a reason.  Or two.  Yeah, point a little lower sweetie.

two_and_a_half_men_59583.jpg

STILL LOVING THE CRAP OUT OF: Nashville - soapier and mopier, but still classy and emotional, and the music is still phenomenal.  God, I love Lennon & Maisy Stella.

http://abc.go.com/shows/nashville/video … 0_mmi4oxdc

Sons of Anarchy - painfully morbid at first, but finding the fun again.  Just seeing Jax hug Bobby again, and Venus confide in Gemma were reward enough for slogging through the premier, which was designed to capsize all boats.

American Horror Story - still batty, funny, disturbing as hell and oddly moving.  The dynamic duo of Taissa Famiga & Evan Peters is back!

OLD FAVES I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING BACK INTO: Homeland, Elementary - this is possibly because I've been distracted by the fatal illness of by beautiful amazing Potcake, Polly.  I get sad, my mind drifts at the most inopportune times.  Looks like specifically on Sunday and Thursday nights.

WANT IT TO BE BETTER. STICKING WITH IT: The Crazy Ones.  I like the Mork & Buffy Show.  I wanted to love it.  The cast is game, but the scripts have to get better.

HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M WATCHING: The Trophy Wife.  It's cute and endearing.  Helps that I like the adult actors and that the kids are not annoying.

PLEASE GIVE THIS SHOW A CHANCE: The Goldbergs.  Did you love Breaking In?  Fanboys writer, Adam F. Goldberg is back with another weird-ass sitcom --- this one, totally autobiographical.  I love his freaky mind.  Imagine The Wonder Years, set in the nerdilicious 80's, with kind of a John Hughes meets Matt Groening vibe.  And plenty of Star Wars references, of course.  It's brash, but sweet.  And a lot of fun.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#48 24 Oct 13 :: 04:29

EOcean214
Dorquette

Deb  good to hear about Crazy Ones.  I'll check it out.  Glad Amber is doing a comedy!

Anyone checked out Tomorrow People, Vampire Diaries or the Originals?  All started strong!  Tomorrow People layed it on a bit thick but I'm going to give it a try.  Arrow had a good season premiere too (I'm 31 and still watch the CW! tongue  ). 

Revenge is getting off to a slow but steady start.  Betrayal too, I'll most likely drop it if it.

Lindsey

#49 24 Oct 13 :: 15:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I watched the first two episodes of The Tomorrow People, and I quite liked them, but I'm not crazy about the show. In fact, I don't really have any show I'm crazy about this fall. There are certain ones I look more forward to than others (i.e. the Canadian "Played"), but there's nothing where I need to rush home to watch it. Somehow both Nashville and Chicago Fire have lost their touch. Not too impressed with SHIELD, but I will probably keep watching. (And as for The Tomorrow People, I keep seeing Stephen Amell when I look at Robbie, which just confuses my brain.)

Funnily enough, I was really bored with Revolution last season, but am very happy with season 2 so far. Despite the criticism, I think Homeland has come back strong, and the last episode had a nice twist that I did not see coming.

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#50 25 Oct 13 :: 00:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

For the record, I do intend to catch up with Homeland.  I am just so not in the mood right now.

Sons of Anarchy was AWESOME this week.  I'm totally shipping Tiggy & Venus now.  It feels great to look forward to my obsession show again with great eagerness, after a very rough first few eps of this new season.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer