#1 25 Jul 06 :: 12:54

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Your Chrissues of the Day

We need a post for this. A "Chrissue" is a Chris-issue, for those who don't know that word yet.

What's my Chrissue of the Day?

That I have too little time next to work and my private life outside of the internet (that I do have--against common belief) to work on this webpage and the fan fiction stuff. I'd like to have two weeks off work right now to take care of the site and set everything up properly, but as things are, I have to do everything after work and on the weekends (which are often busy with other stuff). But we'll get there. This is a start and I don't think it's gonna be that long before we can launch the site officially.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 25 Jul 06 :: 13:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Your Chrissues of the Day

My Chrissue of the day is ... "Must Love Dogs"! I just finished watching this movie (bought the DVD on amazon) and I LOVE it!
Hey guys, if they will do a remake in 20 years or something, they HAVE to cast Chris for the role of Jake Anderson. LOL I know we had this idea that he looks like a young John Cusack and this movie just one more proof! Funny thing is, I had this idea already when I rewatched "Serendipity" the other day. Love that movie too. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 25 Jul 06 :: 16:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My Chrissue of the day is I want to write fic and I'm having a hard time picking one from the various ideas we've got worked up for our epic.  And I watched The Gift last night so my brain is filled with the lovely moments from the hotel scene.  Sigh.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#4 10 Aug 06 :: 18:57

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day was that at work I quality checked one of our Trial Master File folders from the UK and there was a doctor there whose CV said:
Electives: Pasqua Hospital, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

What does that remind us of? Probably had a Ken doll moment too if he was there in the winter. ("Huh! Where did they go?!")  wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#5 15 Aug 06 :: 14:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

My Chrissue of the day is being home again. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#6 26 Aug 06 :: 22:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day is that I really wanna go to a convention where Chris will be promoting Fanboys. Gee, wish that would happen. Both that he's gonna be at a con and that I could go. The latter will probably not happen, the first one might.

-TeeJay

#7 03 Sep 06 :: 01:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day is that I just confessed my Chris-infatuation to my friends Matt and Steff. (Well, Steff knew about it before.) I did show them our preliminary site too. And explained about the eyebrows. And Matt said: Whoa, those eyebrows go pretty far around the eyes at the corners there. And I went: Yeah, that's what I love about them! smile

And I showed Matt the "friggin' cold" clip because he lives in Canada and he's the kind of guy who would get a smirk out of that. And he did. He said he hasn't had a Ken doll moment, though.

Off to bed now.

-TeeJay

#8 03 Sep 06 :: 04:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My Chrissue of the day would be the long conversation I just had with Steph over dinner about how you and I tried the other day to figure out what to show her of Chris's work.  I was telling her about the JOA eps I was considering and why and she thought QOTZ sounded hilarious.  But then she said, why don't you show me the one that made you fall in love with him?  Ooops, that was T&E.  So I had to explain why that might not be such a good idea and I explained about the brilliant acting and the craptastc writing.  By the time this discussion was over, she said maybe Jump would be the best place to start.  So we're about to play a little bit of you show me yours and I'll show you mine.  NO!  Not like that.  We'll watch some Chris and then she'll show me this dude she's obsessed with.  Should be fun.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#9 03 Sep 06 :: 08:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

So we watched Jump and she loved Chris's voice and his nose. I told her to wait till she hears deep, bassy S2 vioce on my POS's speakers.  We're doing that tomorrow.  She says he looks British to her.  She liked the ep, said it was much better than she thought and really funny.  We're watching Vanity now because it occured to me that it's funny as hell and had some great A/J moments.  We're laughing our butts off.  This is the most fun I've ever had watching this ep.  She's also really into make-up, but funny and snarky about it and I knew she'd love Shelly Long and Goth God.  This is awesome.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 03 Sep 06 :: 10:54

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm glad Steph liked Jump and Chris. He looks British? Hm.... I don't agree. If anything, I think he looks.... South European. Italian maybe. Or Greek. But let's not categorize him. He looks like Chris. And we love that, right? smile

So, has she shown you any of "her" dude yet? What's he like?

-TeeJay

#11 03 Sep 06 :: 18:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Just rejoined the land of the living after another very late night.  Yeah, we've watched a little of this show she loves, with this guys she loves.  He's pretty cool.  Older guy, kinda dark and swarthy.  She likes that.

I don't think Chris looks British either.  I've always thought --- and I used this in Butterflies someplace, speaking about Adam --- that he looks like a youth from a Renaissance painting.  Might be fun to see him in a period piece someday.

Anyway, we're still having a blast.  We'll be hanging out today, probably watching more stuff.  And then tonight, we're going to my friend Kim's house for a small birthday gathering.  I'll drop by and say hi when I can.  Hope everyone's having at least half as much fun this weekend as I am.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#12 03 Sep 06 :: 18:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Chris looks British? LOL No way! lol
Then again I told Matt I watch everything with Chris in English and he asked me if it's his own voice, so maybe Matt thought he's German or something like that. LOL But no worries, I told him that it is his own voice ... at least I hope it is. big_smile

Oh, and my Chrissue for today is being home again after a very busy weekend in Mainz.

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 04 Sep 06 :: 09:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

We watched The Gift tonight because Steph was tolerating the weepy stuff pretty well so far.  And when I told her about it, she decided it sounded good.  She laughed at all the funny stuff, said she liked Grace a lot.  Knew she would.  But she called Adam a girl.  After he yelled at Joan for trying to give him money, she said, "Don't be such a girl!"  I told her it was a sore spot with him, hating to feel pittied.  But, of course, he is kind of a girl and we see a lot of that in this ep.  But that's part of why we love him, because he's gentle and sweet and mellow.

Tomorrow, we're going to do Queen Of The Zombies and I am seriously considering showing her T&E because she asked to see the one that made me fall in love with Chris.  I'm also going to show her the Adam & Grace scene.  And I want to show her some James.  And at least a couple of pics of Linus, just so she can see the whole evolution we've witnessed.

Deb

PS: TeeJay, she sends her compliments on the Dorquette Drool Towel.  She was very impressed that you did it by hand with fabric paint.  She says it looks like it was printed someplace professionally.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#14 04 Sep 06 :: 20:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sounds like Steph is getting a good share of Chris. You'll make her a Dorquette yet. smile Glad she liked everything so far. Yeah, he is a girly guy. He plays a girly sport, remember? wink We didn't pick badminton for no reason, right? And, yes, that's what we love about him. Deb, if I may quote you: There's nothing more sexy than a man who can cry shamelessly. The Dorquettes dig the tear ducts. Maybe that should become our motto. You know, besides [...]NEEDSAHUG!

Thank you for the praise on the Drool Towel. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of them too. They turned out very nice. I can't wait to get the other Dorquette shirts done. Those should be fairly easy, now I just need to find the time to make them. And I need your shirts, obviously.

Deb, I wrote to work today, because somehow I'm not sure if you told me you weren't working today and I forgot or if you didn't. But it was just one e-mail and I don't think there was anything in it that's not safe. Does someone else read your stuff when you're away? Are you back at work tomorrow?

-TeeJay

#15 04 Sep 06 :: 20:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

We're al off today.  It's a national holiday called Labor Day.  No one will read it but I won't see it till tomorrow, so if there's anything you need for me to know today, can you forward it to home?

We have a couple of things to do, but I'm hoping we get back to our marathon soon.  smile

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#16 04 Sep 06 :: 21:33

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Tina, I'll send you the shirt and my drool towel and your other stuff as soon as possible. I still could not find the right packing ... roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#17 04 Sep 06 :: 21:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

We're al off today.  It's a national holiday called Labor Day.  No one will read it but I won't see it till tomorrow, so if there's anything you need for me to know today, can you forward it to home?

Oh, right, it's Labor Day. Why did I not think of that when I got an out of office reply from one of our US colleagues today? Guess my brain was kinda slow. No, Deb, wasn't anything important I sent. It can wait till you're back at work tomorrow. You'll have something to answer when you get there. Wasn't a very long e-mail, though.

I'm all relaxed and exhausted now (Lars gave me another awesome massage). I went to sports today and it was a different trainer than on Wednesdays. Tall, lean (kinda skinny-like, just the way I like it), short dark hair, sideburns, cute too. Only a little too young, maybe. And he drove a hard bargain, I was really close to my muscles giving way when we were done after an hour of physical workout.

And FYI: I posted Butterflies today. Yay! smile

-TeeJay

#18 04 Sep 06 :: 22:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I've been trying to check FFN all day.  It just finally let me in.  They're doing maintenance or something and I kept getting heavy traffic messages and blank screens.  But it's all good now.  Glad you had a decent night and a good massage.  We just got back from a little shopping.  Dave's gonna come over soon to eat with us so we might not get back to our marathin for a while, maybe not at all because the day got away from us.  sad

More when there's more to report...

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#19 08 Sep 06 :: 14:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

My Chrissue for today is my TTC recap. I hope I can bring it to paper today.

I hugged the Seeker!

#20 12 Sep 06 :: 21:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's my (positive) Chrissue of the day. I'm seriously cleaning up my desk tonight (it really was a mess before) and suddenly--PLING!--there's this little piece of white cardboard I find. I turn it around and what is it? It's Adam guckt so! (Okay, for the unknowing, it's a screencap of Adam from Book of Questions where he looks absolutely adorable with his toque and inquisitive look in his eye.) It's a really small print-out I had stuck to my TFT screen for the longest time but took off when I moved to the new apartment. And now I stuck it back on there. Now, that was a small but pleasant surprise. smile

-TeeJay

#21 12 Sep 06 :: 22:37

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, it's the little things that make life worth living.  smile

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#22 12 Sep 06 :: 22:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Here's my (positive) Chrissue of the day. I'm seriously cleaning up my desk tonight (it really was a mess before) and suddenly--PLING!--there's this little piece of white cardboard I find. I turn it around and what is it? It's Adam guckt so! (Okay, for the unknowing, it's a screencap of Adam from Book of Questions where he looks absolutely adorable with his toque and inquisitive look in his eye.) It's a really small print-out I had stuck to my TFT screen for the longest time but took off when I moved to the new apartment. And now I stuck it back on there. Now, that was a small but pleasant surprise. smile

This is the cap Tina's talking about:

934710.jpg big_smile
MY Version of that cap, to be exact. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#23 12 Sep 06 :: 22:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep, that's the one, Anne. smile  Don't you just love it?

And you know what? I'm beginning to like cleaning up. Because..... I just found 50 EUR!!! big_smile I had this box with little birthday presents that my parents gave me for my 30th birthday (back in January, obviously) and there was a pair of socks with money inside in there. I knew there were coins in it, but I didn't realize my parents also put in 5 EUR bills in there. Amounted to 50 EUR. Wow! Deb, Anne, I think we need to blow this unexpected infusion of doe on something we can share. Any ideas?

-TeeJay

#24 12 Sep 06 :: 22:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Of course I love it! Otherwise I would not have put it into my time clock! big_smile

TeeJay wrote:

Deb, Anne, I think we need to blow this unexpected infusion of doe on something we can share. Any ideas?

You're not serious, are you? I'd know a thousand things to buy if I had 50 EUR ... roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#25 12 Sep 06 :: 22:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I don't believe this! I found more envelopes in that birthday box. And you wouldn't believe the amount of money that was in there. Man.... I totally forgot about all of that. Let's just say the sum has three digits and the first number is not a 1. :-O We really need to blow this on something. Deb, I'm gonna invite you big time when I come over. And Anne, the next we meet, I'm gonna invite you too. Maybe I should just buy you all the stuff you wanted me to bring from the US and you don't have to pay me back. Really, I really wanna share my lucky treasure finding with you two, seeing how I'm actually the one of us three to need it the least.

-TeeJay

Board footer