#26 12 Sep 06 :: 23:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Your Chrissues of the Day

Samsy-Marie wrote:

You're not serious, are you? I'd know a thousand things to buy if I had 50 EUR ... roll

Of course I'm serious! I so totally didn't count on that money. I won't say I can't use it myself, but I could just as well live without it. Which I've done for the last eight months, as it seems.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#27 12 Sep 06 :: 23:05

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh Tina, I don't know what to say ... yikes

BTW, here is something funny:
Hey, did you receive that polish "loveletter" from our info-email-adress too? I don't speak any polish, so I don't know what they wrote, but I know that "cocham cie (spelling?) means "I love you". Obviously Chris has fans in Poland too. But maybe they misunderstood the "We're not official" part of the website. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#28 12 Sep 06 :: 23:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That is astounding!  I'd be crying right now if that was me.  I could get my crushed sunglasses fixed!  Why do things like that never happen to me?  sad

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#29 12 Sep 06 :: 23:26

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

BTW, hee is something funny:
Hey, did you receive that polish "loveletter" from our info-email-adress too? I don't speak any polish, so I don't know what they wrote, but I know that "cocham cie (spelling?) means "I love you". Obviously Chris has fans in Poland too. But maybe they misunderstood the "We're not official" part of the website. LOL

We got a love letter for Chris in Polish? Gee, I must have tagged it as spam and thrown it away unread. Bad me. Let me have a look, I think it's still on our server. You sure it wasn't spam?

Hm, okay, so this is the message:
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to moj nr gg:9427885 and my sister number gg 3688209 !!!!!! speak my ! Adam w filmie a w zyciu misiu Chris kocham Cie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does seem like it's something that relates to Chris and is not spam. Yeah, sure, like he's gonna call anyone giving him his number, even if it was his official site! Sheesh, how dumb are these people. We're not gonna reply to this one, are we?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#30 12 Sep 06 :: 23:28

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, when I saw it in my inbox for the first time I thought it is spam, but then I saw that they mentioned Adam, so I guess it's supposed to be fanmail. Not sure, though. I already deleted it from my mailbox.
And no, I think we should not reply to this mail. Maybe they really think we are Chris. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#31 12 Sep 06 :: 23:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, and Anne? They must have found this on the coming soon page. It doesn't say anything about us not being official there. So I don't blame them for thinking this might be his official site.

-TeeJay

#32 12 Sep 06 :: 23:32

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Oh, and Anne? They must have found this on the coming soon page. It doesn't say anything about us not being official there. So I don't blame them for thinking this might be his official site.

-TeeJay

Could be, yeah. Maybe you should have put an announcement on the coming soon page that we aren't official.
But hey, they're dumb anyway. What are they thinking? He'll call them in POLAND??? Hello? roll
Okay, maybe it's not a phone number. Could be an icq number or something like that. But still ... do they really think he would have the time to chat with them? And not to mention the time difference ... roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#33 16 Sep 06 :: 18:54

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay. I just got the second love letter and it's again in Polish or another eastern-european language.
Tina, nothing against the countdown page but we really should make a comment there that we are not official. The first time it was funny but the second time it gets annoying, sorry.

I hugged the Seeker!

#34 16 Sep 06 :: 21:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I sent her an e-mail in reply (and CC'ed you), hopefully this person will understand what I'm trying to say. I tried to keep my English smiple, seeing how this annoying but obviously very enthusiastic person doesn't speak a lot of it. If she dosen't stop writing, we can put a message on the coming soon page that we're not his official site. But it's only two more weeks until launch, I think at this point we can just leave it, can't we?

-TeeJay

#35 16 Sep 06 :: 22:32

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Just read the mail. I hope it helps.
I mean, it's cool to know that there are some other fans out there but does it have to be an "I love you" message? Hello people, wake up! roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#36 17 Sep 06 :: 01:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

She's probably 16.  Give her a break.  Hoefully, she'll understand enough English to get the "we're not official" and "we don't know Chris" parts of the email.  I know it's annoying in a way, but it could be worse.  It could be an "I wanna beat him up" troll.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#37 17 Sep 06 :: 13:01

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, well, I find it both a little annoying and a little amusing. But most of all, I find it embarrassing. Not for us, but mostly because this girl, however old she is (probably not even 16) just presumes that Chris can speak Polish and will call her and her sister/friend on the phone. But we know these people exist and it probably won't be the first e-mail like that we get. Look at Melissa's guestbook, it's riddled with entries like that.

And I agree, this is better than trolls that diss him or want to beat him up.

-TeeJay

#38 17 Sep 06 :: 13:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, well, I find it both a little annoying and a little amusing. But most of all, I find it embarrassing. Not for us, but mostly because this girl, however old she is (probably not even 16)

My words. Maybe that girl came over this post on imdb which said that Chris was of Polish decent. Which is, of course, a lie. But maybe she assumed he can speak Polish because of that. We should put a "We`re not official" note on the countdown page to avoid more mails like this.
Of course this is better than that trolls that diss him but we don`t know how much truth is in these mails.

I hugged the Seeker!

#39 17 Sep 06 :: 15:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Maybe that girl came over this post on imdb which said that Chris was of Polish decent. Which is, of course, a lie.

How can you be sure? Maybe his mom or his mom's family is from Poland. That's not completely unlikely. His father is most definitely *not* of Polish descent, that we know now.

And I just added "a Chris Marquette fanpage" below the www.chris-marquette.com writing on the coming soon announcement frontpage. Hope that makes it clear that we're not his official site for as long as the page isn't completely online.

-TeeJay

#40 17 Sep 06 :: 17:27

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Looks cool! And I just realized that it it only 16 days to his birthday ... yikes
Okay, his mom might be of polish decent, you're right, we don't know it. But I never read that anyehere, so it could also be NOT true. At least we know now that his dad is really hispanic. If we can trust wikipedia. But I don`t believe anything that is posted on an imdb board, sorry. Too many jerks there.

I hugged the Seeker!

#41 17 Sep 06 :: 20:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

How can you not be of Hispanic descent with a name like Rodriguez? I think it's pretty safe to assume that this whole name change thing is actually true. But of course we'll never know unless we ask the one person who can tell us. Yeah, like that's gonna happen....

-TeeJay

#42 17 Sep 06 :: 20:53

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, everything is possible. There are people who have bought their last names. LOL Ok, I don't assume that the Rodriguezes/Marquettes did this.
Or maybe they have people from Spain in their heritage.
Maybe the name Rodriguez is located somewhere else too. I don't know, I'm not a name expert, but I've already heard a few strange stories about last names and where they come from.

I hugged the Seeker!

#43 18 Sep 06 :: 02:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's possible to not be Hispanic and be named Rodriguez.  But it's highly unlikely to be named Jorge Luiz Rodriguez and NOT be.  I still say I bet papa's Cuban because of the Stuart, Florida connection.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#44 19 Sep 06 :: 03:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My Chrissue today was that I'm sick and I couldn't go to work and had to go to a doctor and wait in a noisy store for prescriptions and I was in pain so I couldn't think about Chris all day.  sad

I feel better now, so he's creeping back into my thoughts. wink

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#45 19 Sep 06 :: 21:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue is similar to yours, Deb. Though for a much more pleasant reason. We had a team building seminar all day, and I just came home from dinner afterwards. It was pretty cool, but this is the first time today that I'm online. And I didn't have the opportunity to think about Chris much today either.

Although I did at least once. We were supossed to introduce ourselves to the group of people and name one thing that's special about us. I thought about saying something about our website, but then I didn't think that was that special. A lot of people have websites. So I picked my being a total anglophile to the point of talking in English with Germans who also love speaking English. That's probably a little more unique. But I think that was pretty much the only time Chris entered my thoughts before tonight. I was way too busy the rest of the time.

Fact of the day: My new Jack Wolfskin jacket really is waterproof. There was a shower when we were building an 8 m high tower in the parking lot, so I got to test it. All clothes underneath stayed dry. Nice. smile

-TeeJay

#46 20 Sep 06 :: 13:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I think telling them that you're very anglophil was the better solution than telling them you're ... how can I say that ... chrissifected? LOL big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#47 20 Sep 06 :: 22:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day is that I'm totally out of the (Chris) loop these days. I'm just waaaay too busy with real life stuff, and I wish it were different somehow. I mean, real life is good, but too much real life and too little obsession can't be good either, right? I wish I could just sit back and delve into Chris land for a while, but it ain't happening before middle of next week. See a very jet-laggy me and a bladder infection aftermath-riddled Deb going crazy in Atlanta. tongue

Boy, I came home from work at 10:15 (PM!) today. Emptied the dishwasher and have to fold up some clothes now. And then I'm gonna drop dead on the couch before crashing. I wish I had some brand new unwatched Chris material here to binge on, but I guess I'll have to stick to CSI:NY, like I have these past few weeks. Thank God, Mac finally fired Aiden. Never liked the fat-lipped chick.

And I like the word "chrissifected". I think the Chrissifection is slowly being flushed out of my system. I need to catch the bug again and hope it'll last for a long time. And dare I say that I don't ever want them to develop a cure for Chrissifection?

Another Chrissue: Road Trip has been posted since last Friday and no one's left a review yet. NO ONE! Not even the trusty reviewers. I don't know if that means no one really liked it? I mean, I totally did. You too, Anne, right? I can't believe they didn't like the chapter. It was so good! I hope we're gonna get some reviews in soon. Maybe when we post the next chapter, we need to add a little comment in the author's note about there being no reviews for RT and what's up with that...

-TeeJay

#48 20 Sep 06 :: 23:49

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, you'll have the AG DVD to watch next week.  The picture and sound quality will stun you.  So you can look forward to that.

As for no RT reviews.  Weren't we just saying this at about this time last week for Exposed and then they all came in sort of at the same time?  It seems to me that most people do their reading in the middle of the week when life is at it's most boring.  Have faith.  The reviews will come.  If nothing else, I'm sure we will shock a few people with what we've done to A/J.  I mean, we didn't really foreshadow it very much at all.  I think they're going to be pleasantly surprised.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#49 21 Sep 06 :: 08:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Ah, yes, American Gun. That's great, I can make some really great screencaps for the site. Looking forward to that. smile

Guess we'll have to be a little more patient with the reviews. I'm sure at least the three or four regulars will leave a review eventually. The surprise will probably be first shocking and then pleasant.

Oh, and just for the record: I want Chris in a recurring role on a TV show for more than three episodes. I wouldn't mind something on the side where he'll only appear every third or fourth episode. At leat that would give us some more frequent exposure than just the occasional movie or DVD to come out. Chris, please, listen to us! Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase! Please, Chris, please!! Do it for us, for US!

-TeeJay

#50 21 Sep 06 :: 15:29

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

My Chrissue of the day is that I'm totally out of the (Chris) loop these days. I'm just waaaay too busy with real life stuff, and I wish it were different somehow. I mean, real life is good, but too much real life and too little obsession can't be good either, right? I wish I could just sit back and delve into Chris land for a while, but it ain't happening before middle of next week. See a very jet-laggy me and a bladder infection aftermath-riddled Deb going crazy in Atlanta. tongue

I think this is the first time that I am happy that I can't come with you. LOL Otherwise I would have had to play your nurse. Oh my god. big_smile
But then again, I am very jealous because you'll be the first who can watch American Gun in good quality ... and I have to wait until Tina has sent me my copy ... yikes

TeeJay wrote:

And I like the word "chrissifected". I think the Chrissifection is slowly being flushed out of my system. I need to catch the bug again and hope it'll last for a long time. And dare I say that I don't ever want them to develop a cure for Chrissifection?

Another Chrissue: Road Trip has been posted since last Friday and no one's left a review yet. NO ONE! Not even the trusty reviewers. I don't know if that means no one really liked it? I mean, I totally did. You too, Anne, right? I can't believe they didn't like the chapter. It was so good! I hope we're gonna get some reviews in soon. Maybe when we post the next chapter, we need to add a little comment in the author's note about there being no reviews for RT and what's up with that...

Oh God, that just made me laugh. Thanks for this, I needed it so much today. LOL

And for the record: I also want Chris in a recurring role on a TV show for more than three episode. He doesn't have to be in every episode, yeah, I could live with that. I would love something like Denny from GA. But he's not supposed to die of course. LOL
Yeah, Chris, please do that for us. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer