#51 21 Sep 06 :: 18:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Your Chrissues of the Day

Samsy-Marie wrote:

And for the record: I also want Chris in a recurring role on a TV show for more than three episode. He doesn't have to be in every episode, yeah, I could live with that. I would love something like Denny from GA. But he's not supposed to die of course. LOL

Chris as Danny?? OMG, then I would have wanted to hug him all the time! Hm.... not that that's a bad thing, right? DANNYNEEDSAHUG! Well, okay, not anymore. Isn't the new ep of GA on tonight?? Hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow night, then. <bounce bounce bounce>

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#52 21 Sep 06 :: 21:43

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

No, of course not as Denny. I just took Denny as an example. But now that you said it ... that is a pretty good idea! big_smile
But well, Denny's dead now. sad But I still think Chris would be a VERY NICE patient on GA. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#53 22 Sep 06 :: 02:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, the first GA is tonight.  And Anne was right, his name was Denny.  But I can't see Chris as that character.  If I he me druthers, I'd prefer him in another romantic lead role on a TV show.  Otherwise, we're never gonna have another character to fall for so hard as we did with Adam.  And that's a damn shame.  I'd trade James and Marc and Mason --- all of his recurring roles combined --- for just one more Adam-like regular role.

It's not out of the question that he might do it again someday.  Many shows would love to have him I'll bet.  Someday something interesting that a friend is producing or directing will come up.  Or maybe he'll get offered a part on some really huge or really special show, and the time will be right.  Maybe when he marries and/or has kids.  He'd probably want to be home as much as possible instead of traveling all the time.  He might take another show then.  Doesn't help us right now, I know.

What I'd like to see him do in lieu of a regular role, is take every cool, quirky guest role on TV that he can get, like he did as a kid, and like Sean's doing now.  Michael Welch does so many guest roles, he's becoming a HITG (hey, it's THAT guy!).  Doing that sort of thing would allow Chris to shoot closer to home and it would still be different all the time and he'd be meeting new people the way he loves to.

Hell, these days, you see more interesting writing on TV than you do in film.  Especially on cable shows like Huff.  He could be on Weeds, The Brotherhood, The L Word, The Wire, any of these edgy shows.  He'd get tons of exposure.  People would really start to take note of him.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#54 22 Sep 06 :: 21:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I have a new Chrissue of th day. It's one of my weird thoughts, but this time I'll not talk about it in public. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#55 18 Oct 06 :: 16:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's my Chrissue of the day. I have already discussed this with Deb by e-mail, but I feel the need to express this publicly again. When we talked to Chris and he gave us that interview, he talked about how he liked to be in movies rather than being a regular on a TV show because he felt he could do so much more in movies, play so many more different roles in a shorter time and explore his range and improve his skills through that. He said he'd love to play more darker roles in the future, to explore his anger and the darker aspects of his psyche. He also said that he would probably not sign up for a six-year TV role in the near future, because he felt that he was going to be stuck with the same character for too long a time, that it wouldn't be challenging enough anymore after a few years. He basically said that all he wants to do is improve his skills and see what he's capable of as a person and actor through as many different roles as he can play.

And he is barely 22 years of age. I find that remarkable. In my early twenties, that was the farthest from my mind. I wasn't halfway as mature then. Working with a pharmaceutical company in a job as something of a project manager, which does require a certain sense of responsibilty on my part and also constant pressure to work on the aspects of my personality where I'm lacking skill, I can now totally see where he's coming from. But it took me almost nine more years than him to get to the point where I start to wonder where my life is going and what I want to do with it and how I can improve as a person. Wow.

Of course for people like Chris, this comes with the job. Look at how young he started in the business, look at how many projects he's already worked on. No wonder that he's got a myriad of experiences under his belt that many of us can only raise their eyebrows at. But I'm glad he seems to have taken them all in stride and used them the best he could and made something positive come out of them. I admire that a lot. And I felt the need to express that.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#56 18 Oct 06 :: 17:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well said.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#57 18 Oct 06 :: 18:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Well said.

I second that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#58 18 Oct 06 :: 22:02

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I finally have an own Chrissue of the day ... or maybe for the last two hours, because in Germany it's almost 10pm already.
My mom made me watch this thriller movie with her, "Sea of Love" with Al Pacino. I didn't like the movie that much but the funny thing was, it had John Goodman in it, and I've seen him in some other movies and quite a few times on "Roxanne" on TV. And then we had a little discussion about John Goodman being one of the bad guys from "The Big Easy", my mom's alltime favorite movie. I didn't know that he was in it, so I went to imdb and checked his credits. And there I saw, yes he was in The Big Easy and then I discovered that ... <drumroll> ... he was also in the 1984 original of ROTN! What a coincidence! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#59 18 Oct 06 :: 22:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's Roseanne, for the record.  One of my all-time favorite shows.  I love Goodman.  He's the main reason I still watch Roseanne repeats on TV whenever I can.  Here's another coincidence for you:  Not only was Goodman in both The Big Easy and Sea Of Love.  Ellen Barkin played the love interest in each of those films.  Pretty weird.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#60 18 Oct 06 :: 22:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

That's Roseanne, for the record.

Oops. Sorry, that was a typing mistake. LOL It's late already. Of course I meant to write Roseanne, not Roxanne. wink
And yeah ... that Ellen Barkin thing is indeed a little weird.

I hugged the Seeker!

#61 19 Oct 06 :: 11:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Guys, I have a new Chrissue again, and this time it's really funny.
I was burning some stuff for Tina and it took such a looong time that I went into the livingroom to see what my mom watches on TV. It was about midnight and she was sleeping already on the couch, but the TV was still on. I was a little confused because they were talking English and there were subtitles, so I looked at the TV text what it  was. It was a documentary called "Behind the couches - Casting in Hollywood" and I thought, wow, that sounds interesting (and it explains why they are showing this in English with subtitles), maybe they show something of UTA or so (which they didn't, they showed another Casting Agency). Unfortunately I had missed the first 25 minutes but it was still interesting. They showed how a casting in Hollywood works and they didn't do it only from the Casting Director's sight, they also showed how it is for the actors, so it was really like a look "behind the couches" as the title said. And the funny thing was, they interviewed a lot of Casting Directors, for example the woman who casted the Harry Potter Cast and - now it's going to be funny - the Casting Director of "The Notebook". And I thought, oh cool, The Notebook. Maybe that guy has done more castings for Nick Cassavetes. So I checked imdb after the documentary was over and I found out that he was also the Casting Director of Alpha Dog and Freddie vs. Jason! So here's the Chris connection. I have a lot of funny coincidences on TV lately, huh? big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#62 19 Oct 06 :: 15:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, you see, work your way up with the TV coincidences until they become reality coincidences. And then, one day, you'll be hit with a real life Chris coincidence like we were when I was in Atlanta. big_smile

My Chrissue of the day is that real life is such a bore and I wish I was back on the set of ROTN, watching Chris being goofy. And somehow, while we just had a power outage here at work for about half an hour and I was "unstapling" documents (yeah, I know, so very exciting!), I thought about how much more fun it would be if I could be either a professional website designer or a person working in advertising movies, making movie posters and such. But I guess you gotta go with what you know, so I'm stuck being a Senior Clinical Research Associate... Because for some reason I just have this really simple Fanboys design stuck in my head that I think would work very well on a t-shirt. And I really wanna do something with it. But, I mean... How many more Chris-related t-shirts do I need? (Though wouldn't it be cool if the movie started over here and I would go see it in the theater with a big FANBOYS logo plastered all over my chest?)

-TeeJay

#63 19 Oct 06 :: 16:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My Chrissues are only party Chris-related.  Last night, the website wouldn't work for me and that was really frustrating, but I was working on a fic and that was cool.  But because of that, I was up way too late - 2 am.  This morning, it took me an hour and twenty minues to do my 45-minute commute, meaning I was 40 minutes late.  And now, our system here has somehow knocked itself out of whack so that Microsoft Office Apps won't work at all.  We're waiting for the IT cavalry right now.  So I can't email TeeJay.  And I don't have the fic I emailed to myself here.  And even if I did, I couldn't work on it anyway because Word won't function.

Aaaaaaaargggghh!

And I bet Kyle's getting pissed over this weather we're having --- 4th day in a row of rain and fog and clouds.  I hope they're at least getting their indoor shots done.

Deb

PS: TeeJay, if you have anything you want me to see right away, forward it to my yahoo address.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#64 19 Oct 06 :: 16:28

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Aw Deb, that sucks. sad

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, you see, work your way up with the TV coincidences until they become reality coincidences. And then, one day, you'll be hit with a real life Chris coincidence like we were when I was in Atlanta. big_smile

Yeah, this is something I could look forward to. Wait, one day I'll watch TV and then suddenly there`s Chris on screen, waving at me and saying "Hi Anne." LOL
(Sorry, I'm currently in a silly mood. wink)

TeeJay wrote:

I thought about how much more fun it would be if I could be either a professional website designer or a person working in advertising movies, making movie posters and such. But I guess you gotta go with what you know, so I'm stuck being a Senior Clinical Research Associate... Because for some reason I just have this really simple Fanboys design stuck in my head that I think would work very well on a t-shirt. And I really wanna do something with it. But, I mean... How many more Chris-related t-shirts do I need? (Though wouldn't it be cool if the movie started over here and I would go see it in the theater with a big FANBOYS logo plastered all over my chest?)

You know what? With me being a (print) media designer we could open our own business on designing websites and movie posters ... LOL
You also could send that Fanboys T-Shirt Design to me via email, so I could print in out and iron it on a new T-Shirt. I'll just to to the next KIK store and buy a cheap one in a light color. Some light yellow or something. And then I'll find out where they'll show the movie undubbed near here and I'd go see it with that T-Shirt, too. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#65 22 Oct 06 :: 14:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay, here is the next funny coincidence. At the moment I am trying to read the Anne Of Green Gables Books in English, which is very difficult. Yesterday I found a website where you can download MP3 Audio Books for free and I was happy to find a version of Anne Of Green Gables, so I downloaded it and started  listening to it. It is recorded by different people, which is really good because I can hear different people reading it and it shows me how to pronounce the English words right. So I was listening to it yesterday while I was downloading some pictures from Melissa's gallery. And at the beginning of every chapter the people who are reading it, say who they are and where they live and I was listening and suddenly a woman said "Recorded by XYZ, Marquette, Michigan."
And I was like, "What did she just say? Marquette? There's a town called Marquette in Michigan???" yikes So, this is my new Chrissue. And you must think right now that I'm crazy. LOL big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#66 22 Oct 06 :: 15:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

There's also a Marquette University. Can't remember where it is, though. Wouldn't it be cool to have a t-shirt from that uni? wink

-TeeJay

#67 04 Nov 06 :: 15:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day is that I don't really have one. I have a Firefox issue, though. I upgraded to v2.0 and the theme that I love and always use (Maczilla) isn't supported by version 2.0 anymore. Grrrr! So I've switched to a similar one, but that one has (Chr)issues. hmm

I'm waiting for Lars to pick me up right now. As usual, he's fashionably late. He wanted to be here at 2. It's now past 2:30. Trying hard not to be annoyed, but he is always late, so why am I surprised?

Can we get some good news surrounding one of Chris's movies soon, please? I've surfed the IMDb boards this morning, and there is nothing but shit there. People dissing other people, people badmouthing ROTN and Alpha Dog, teenagers wanting to know if Chris is single or not. But, hey, this is IMDb. Again, why am I surprised?

Hope you folks are having a more pleasant day than me. It's not that my day's been horrible so far, but it's just sort of a bla day. Hope it gets better, once Lars and I get to Anja's place. We might watch some The 4400 together later today. Let's see. More when I return, possibly tomorrow if it gets too late today.

-TeeJay

#68 04 Nov 06 :: 16:55

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I'm at Anja's now, copying some music for her. smile And waiting for her to finish (a late) lunch. I'm hungrrrry! LOL

Will probably tell her and Lars the ROTN story along with showing them the Atlanta pictures later. That should be fun.

-TeeJay

#69 05 Nov 06 :: 01:20

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I think my chrissue of the day is the third Sisterhood book, which Tina brought for me from America. I'm currently reading it and I'm already half through it. I would have finished the book during one day, but I had to look for a few words I didn't know. So I learned a lot of new words today. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#70 05 Nov 06 :: 01:24

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My Chrissue of the day is how much it sucks to have to defend him on the AD boards now that the troll is spreading lies about him too.

But I'm gonna go soak in a nice hot bubble bath and forget about that.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#71 05 Nov 06 :: 10:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Chrissue of the day is that Anja, Lars and I watched Grey's Anatomy last night, and in episode 3x05 "Oh, The Guilt", there were two people in it that Chris has met/worked with before.

No. 1: Faith Prince. She was Kelly on Huff (although Chris didn't have any scenes with her):

GA_3x05_Faith.jpg

No. 2: Margo Harshman. We all know her connection to Chris:

GA_3x05_Margo.jpg

Took me two viewings of that episode to realize who she was, though. I missed her name popping up in the opening credits when I watched it the first time, and I didn't recoginze her face. But I read her name the second time, and I was like, "Oh? Margo Harshman is in this one? Gotta have to look for her." I quite liked Margo's performance, even though she only had two or three very brief scenes. She played the daughter of the woman who was played by Faith. So maybe Chris came up in conversation when they were on set together, who knows? wink  And just for the record: Whoever (on IMDb or elsewhere) says Margo is an ugly bitch can't be more wrong. She is a beautiful young lady.

Oh, and something completely unrelated. Do you guys remember how we made up a definition for "Chrissue Disorder" on Melissa's board? This is what I wrote originally:

Chrissue Disorder: see obsession, obsessive disorder

obsessive-compulsive disorder (Engl.): action-related and/or imaginative compulsive phenomena in which the patient tries to ignore compulsive thoughts or neutralize them through rituals (e.g. drooling over photos, writing of fan fictions); compulsive actions are experienced as self-alienated and unpleasant; when trying to avoid or eliminate them usually fear or disgust sets in (okay, this maybe not so much). These compulsions frequently include cleaning, controlling, aggression. It is typical for these compulsions to be very time-consuming (at least 2 hours a day).
Forms: 1. compulsive actions: repeated and purposeful actions that abide by fixed rules (e.g. posting on message boards), usually with the intention of preventing catastrophes or inconveniences (e.g. washing hands to not get cancer; so-called positive thoughts to keep the husband from crashing the car, painting strange faces or symbols onto t-shirts and wearing them to gain recognition); 2. obsession: compulsive thoughts that result in massive fear or discomfort (e.g. dreading of actors to play roles in which the character might die); 3. compulsion: behavior (also mentally) that reduces or prevents fear or discomfort (e.g. repeated pointing out of aesthetic body parts).
Diagnosis and differential diagnosis: Although adequate contact with reality and lack of realization of irrationality of compulsive phenomena constantly merge into each other, it is especially important to make a differentiation from psychosis.
Therapy: confrontation with avoidance of reaction as behavioral therapeutic measure.

Well, now here's something from a Panic! At The Disco song, called Camisado:

No it's not so pleasant, and it's not so conventional.
It sure as hell ain't normal, But we deal, we deal.

Sit back just sit back,
Just sit back and relax,
Just sit back just sit back,
Just sit back and relapse again.

I'm relaxing and relapsing. And I'm dealing. smile Sorry, I suddenly feel quite silly. But what's wrong with that every once in a while?

-TeeJay

#72 05 Nov 06 :: 14:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

And just for the record: Whoever (on IMDb or elsewhere) says Margo is an ugly bitch can't be more wrong. She is a beautiful young lady.

Oh yes, she certainly is. And everybody who says she's not, is an idiot. But we know already very well that the IMDb boards are a gathering place for idiots.

LOL@ the Chrissue Disorder definition. Sounds like we found our "Dorquette Song". lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#73 05 Nov 06 :: 20:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I doubt Chris came up because Faith probably never met him and even if she did, how would she know about him and Margo?  But it's cool that Margo did some great work in the ep.  Man, I must've really NOT paid attention to it.  Was that this week's ep?  I was writing so I lost track of it several times.  Damn!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#74 05 Nov 06 :: 20:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

No, this was the ep before this week. This week was 3x06. The ep with Faith and Margo was 3x05. I recognized Faith right away, but not Margo. Which I'm not ashamed of because I've only seen her on a handful of photos before.

-TeeJay

#75 05 Nov 06 :: 20:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, I watched that one, but now I don't remember it at all.  Oh well.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer