#101 03 Dec 06 :: 13:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Your Chrissues of the Day

Chrissue of the day has to be Tisha Marquette, Chris's mom.

Okay, guys, here's what happened. I was on the road all day yesterday. I literally did not have even a minute to sit down and go online all day. From the computer service center to the shopping center to a dear friend's birthday party. I finally came home at 1:30 AM last night to find a message on my cell phone from Anne (thanks!), telling me that Chris's mom had gotten in touch with us and that it was apparently not a hoax (you can never be careful enough). I couldn't believe it. I didn't log on that night, though. I was really tired, it was way late and I knew that if I did, I would never get to bed at a halfway decent time (seeing how I needed to get up early-ish today too). (Deb would now say I'm the absolute pleasure-delayer.)

When I checked my e-mail, I indeed found two e-mails from Tisha in my mailbox, one of them an answer to Deb's first reply to her. She's so nice and really very proud of her son and what he's accomplished. She said she would share a few stories with us. That would be awesome. We wanna know all the embarrassing things Chris did as a kid!! wink She also sent in a few photos of her and Eric, Sean and Chris. Too cute, but I don't wanna post them until she gives her okay.

So, thank you, Tisha, for making my weekend. Our weekend.

And I still can't believe our luck. When I look back on all the amazing things that happened this year, I'm still in disbelief. We get all this wonderful Fanboys material that we would never have dreamed about (thank you, Sean!!), we receive a bit of really encouraging feedback on the website, we e-mail with Gary Lundgren, we get to meet Chris and Kyle Newman in person (including interviews), Deb gets to see Alpha Dog early and talks to Nick Cassavetes, and now we hear from his mom. Wow. We must be doing something right... smile

So, thank you, everyone, who's uttered kind words about what we're trying to accomplish here and for those of you who stick around to see what Chris and we are up to. And Deb and Anne, eternal thanks for putting up with my occasional crabbiness, fits and German bluntness. This site would not be up if it weren't for you guys, no matter how much of the technical stuff was set up by me.

Guys, I need to get back to my x-mas cookie dough. We'll keep you up to date with new info as it comes in, as always.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#102 03 Dec 06 :: 14:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

My words. Maybe that girl came over this post on imdb which said that Chris was of Polish decent. Which is, of course, a lie.

Actually no. Not a lie. Chris's mom is of German, French and Polish heritage. At least that's what she told me in the e-mail she sent only to me. I'll share it with you later, Deb and Anne.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#103 03 Dec 06 :: 14:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, I'm not omniscient. And just because someone writes something on imdb that doesn't mean that I just believe it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#104 03 Dec 06 :: 15:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

There's still a difference between saying you don't believe it and saying it's a lie. But, geez, don't take everything personally. I was just setting things straight. I don't believe everything on IMDb either, and I'm not the authority on everything that surrounds Chris (how could I be?), but since we've now got the information from the source, I thought it was worth correcting this.

-TeeJay

#105 03 Dec 06 :: 16:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, you know, my English is still not perfect. I still make mistakes sometimes.

I hugged the Seeker!

#106 05 Dec 06 :: 03:07

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

That rocks. Just shows what you can achieve if you put in the effort. [ends cheesiness]

smile

tesig1.jpg

#107 05 Dec 06 :: 09:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Couldn't agree more, Susanna. And I'm still amazed all this is happening. <bounces up and down some>

-TeeJay

#108 07 Jan 07 :: 22:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I have a bit of an amusing Chrissue today. I started reading the new Star Trek - New Frontier novel ("Missing in Action" - God, I love that series!) and then I ran across this:

MIA_snippet.jpg

Who Soleta (or rather Peter David) is describing here is a Romulan. Don't know about a triangular face, but somehow I'd like to imagine Chris playing that guy. Can you imagine him with pointed ears? LOL

-TeeJay

#109 07 Jan 07 :: 23:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I bet that would be funny! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#110 08 Jan 07 :: 00:50

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, we kind of talked about this before.  That it would be cool to imgaine him as Young Spock in the next Star Trek movie, which is about Kirk & Spock's Academy years.

I can totally see it.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#111 08 Jan 07 :: 00:52

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh yeah, Young Spock, now I remember.

I hugged the Seeker!

#112 08 Jan 07 :: 09:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, though as a Vulcan he would have to have straight eyebrows. I'd prefer the arched ones. smile Though I still think it would be great to see him as young Spock. Can you imagine a Vulcan hairstyle on him? And talk about pointed (elfin) ears. Eeeeek! LOL

-TeeJay

#113 08 Jan 07 :: 10:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Can you imagine a Vulcan hairstyle on him?

Uhm. Rather not. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#114 08 Jan 07 :: 22:37

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Okay, this is just wrong in so many ways, but I just laughed my ass off making this. Hilarious!!! big_smile

May I present..... Mr. Sporquette

ChrisSpock.jpg

TeeJay: Can you imagine a Vulcan hairstyle on him?
Samsy-Marie: Uhm. Rather not. LOL

Too late!!!

-TeeJay big_smile

#115 08 Jan 07 :: 22:48

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That is so hilarious!!!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#116 08 Jan 07 :: 22:52

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Okay, this is just wrong in so many ways, but I just laughed my ass off making this. Hilarious!!! big_smile

May I present..... Mr. Sporquette

http://www.chris-marquette.com/graphics … sSpock.jpg

LMAO
Tina, that was definitely the funniest transformation you ever did! HAHAHAHAHA!!! lol:lol::lol:

And I LOVE the name "Sporquette"! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#117 08 Jan 07 :: 23:20

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I wish there was a way Chris could see it.  He might get a big kick out of it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#118 08 Jan 07 :: 23:20

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh, hey, so would the Fanboys gang.  Talk about fraternizing with the enemy.  He has BECOME the enemy.  LOL!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#119 08 Jan 07 :: 23:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I think he'd get a giggle out of it. Wanna send it to Tisha? "Hey, Tisha, imagine they'd cast Chris as Young Spock in the new Trek movie. You can't? Well, have a look at this." smile We can put it in the Chris Digest if you want.

-TeeJay

#120 08 Jan 07 :: 23:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Okay, let me post the pic in the Fanboys thread too.

-TeeJay

#121 08 Jan 07 :: 23:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, I think he'd get a giggle out of it. Wanna send it to Tisha? "Hey, Tisha, imagine they'd cast Chris as Young Spock in the new Trek movie. You can't? Well, have a look at this." smile

I guess she would have a good laugh about that. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#122 09 Jan 07 :: 04:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I don't think we should show off your ability to photo-manipulate her son to Tisha.  She might find it creepy.  But yes on the digest and the Fanboys thread.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#123 09 Jan 07 :: 09:54

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

I don't think we should show off your ability to photo-manipulate her son to Tisha.  She might find it creepy.

Actually, I think he would find it creepy too, once he gets past the giggles. The thought might cross his mind that if we can do this, we can do more harmful things too. Not that we're gonna! God forbid! However, they must know that we're at least capable of photo manipulation. Couldn't have designed the website without that.

-TeeJay

#124 09 Jan 07 :: 12:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Actually, I think he would find it creepy too, once he gets past the giggles. The thought might cross his mind that if we can do this, we can do more harmful things too. Not that we're gonna! God forbid! However, they must know that we're at least capable of photo manipulation. Couldn't have designed

I think so too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#125 09 Jan 07 :: 22:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

OK, my Chrissue of the day just became a very good one.  I checked and the money has posted to my account and is ready to be spent.  Woohoo!  So when I get home tonight, I will book the plane tickets, hotel & rental car.

It's all gonna work out.  Everybody take a deeeeeep breath, OK?

Now smile!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer