#1 13 Jan 07 :: 15:26

R2Roswell

What if?

Thought this would be fun to start.  Since we never got the season 3 that we so desperately wanted (:(), I thought we could discuss season 3 in the forms of what if questions and then we take turns answering them.  You know, because I'm sure we've all thought about questions pertaining to season 3 so go ahead and post those questions and see what others would say.

(example:
post 1:What if there was a season 3?
post 2: we would be much happier
etc.)

So here is the first question:

What if Joan had told Helen about seeing God?

#2 13 Jan 07 :: 19:40

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: What if?

Wow.  Great idea.  But I'll have to think about that question for a while...

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 13 Jan 07 :: 19:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Interesting question, have to think about it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 15 Jan 07 :: 16:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Let me come back to this idea. Hm... what if Joan had told Helen about talking to God? I personally would like the first person to confide in for Joan to be Adam, but after T&E that's obviously not on the agenda any time soon. So Helen would probably be the next logical choice. She also saw CuteBoy-God in her dream in Something Wicked This Way Comes. I have several scenarios I can imagine how Helen would react. I think she would be skeptic at first. Maybe Joan would mention CBG to her at some point, and then Helen would remember her dream. This might have gone on over the course of two or three or four episodes. But eventually Helen would believe her.

I can't really see God starting to talk to Helen, but maybe she can be a confidant for Joan to come to when she's running into problems with her assignments. Of course this would also generate a very interesting conflict when it comes to Ryan. So let me ask the next question:

After Joan told Helen about talking to God, what if Joan told Helen about Ryan's true nature (or at least her perception of it)?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#5 30 Dec 11 :: 08:51

Moonlight

This game obviously didn't take...but four years later its still a fun idea.  I'm new here so I'm going to resurrect it....I need to back up though.  Adam was the first person Joan told.  He didn't believe her at first but after a summer of research he did.  He backed off because she wanted him to but I think once he came to believe her about it, he stayed commited.  He just didn't bring it up anymore because she asked him not to. 

In answer to the above question, I actually think its more likely that Grace would have been the next one she confided in.   But lets say it was Helen, I think that her interest in faith would have helped her see the truth of it.  As far as Ryan goes, he was getting a stranglehold on every aspect of Arcadia life.  The school board, the police department, the newspaper.  He had everyone fooled...everyone that is but Joan.   I think it would have been as difficult for Helen to believe it as it was for Will to believe it when Joan made an attempt to warn him.  Helen was very perceptive though.  If she now has the knowledge that Joan is talking to God and that Joan doesn't trust Ryan, I think she would have taken her seriously.

So, lets say Helen now believes that Ryan is evil.  What will she do about it?  Will she try to convince Will of this truth?  And if so, how will she convince Will.  He doesn't believe in God.  To ask him to believe that Joan is talking to God would be very difficult.  So the questions remains, how do we convince Will?

Board footer