#1 16 Jan 07 :: 17:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Grey's Anatomy

We don't have a GA thread here yet? I remember us talking about the show once.
Ah well, I decided to open a thread because the show has won a Golden Globe for Best Drama Television Series. Deserved, like I find.

And now we can go on with talking about the show.

I hugged the Seeker!

#2 17 Jan 07 :: 00:24

irina

Re: Grey's Anatomy

love grey's anatomy. it's silly but somehow it just works. i think it must be all the hot men.:D which one do you like???? as for the girls , i love kristina.

#3 17 Jan 07 :: 00:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't think it's silly. I love the show! Well, I have to admit, I have a thing for hospital shows. And I don't even know why. LOL

Yeah, Cristina's cool. I like Meredith, actually. As for the boys, I like George (of course!) and ... Derek. tongue
How far are you with the show?

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 17 Jan 07 :: 02:52

R2Roswell

Definately a show that rocks!!!  My favorite person is Izzy.  And for the guys, I have to go with McSteamy.  So much hotter than McDreamy!:cool:

#5 17 Jan 07 :: 07:51

London
Website

I watch this show religiously.. enough said. tongue

#6 17 Jan 07 :: 08:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, then we'll have lots to talks about.  big_smile

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#7 17 Jan 07 :: 08:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My favorite character is George. I could just hug him all day. LOL But he's not the kind of guy I would say I find "hot". I just like him. There's no one on GA that I would really find "hot", to be honest. But I love all the characters just the same. And I love the show. Just the other day, I told Deb that it's the one show I'm watching right now where I look forward to new episodes most of everything I watch. Can't wait for this week's!!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#8 17 Jan 07 :: 09:17

London
Website

George is fun:] haha.  My mouth dropped when he kissed Callie at the end of last week's episode.  I was like uhohhh. lol.

McDreamy is gorgeous. tongue

Last edited by London (17 Jan 07 :: 09:21)

#9 17 Jan 07 :: 10:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Bah, McSteamy. Don't like him very much. I mean I love the whole show and the cast, but at least there are two characters I don't like. But otherwise it would be boring, huh? I also have to admit, I didn't like Alex that much when I started watching, but I guess I began to like him somewhere in Season 2 or so. Can't remember right now.
Yeah, George isn't that "hot", but he's extremely adorable. LOL I second what TeeJay said, I wanna hug him all day too. I think my favorite George moment is when he delivered Bailey's Baby. I love that scene!

I hugged the Seeker!

#10 17 Jan 07 :: 11:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh yeah, the Bailey baby delivery was great. Anne, (spoilers coming up!!) there's lots of more emotional George stuff coming up in the middle of season three. Loved the scenes with him and Meredith and him and Izzie at the end of the last episode. Poor guy, I hope his dad is gonna make it.

Just for the record: I don't like McSteamy either. Nor do I think he's remotely hot. But then, we are all entitled to different tastes. You can all have McSteamy for yourselves. smile Alex was such a jerk in the beginning, but he's really beginning to soften. Wonder what's going on with Addison and him... How weird would that be?? Not sure I like them together. Him and Izzie were a way better match, although I think she's too good for him. He's such a screw-up.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#11 17 Jan 07 :: 12:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Tina, I am longing for the new episodes already! You know, GA is the show I watch immediately after you next package arrived. LOL You made me obessed with that show! big_smile
And I agree, Izzie is too good for Alex. But I never considered Alex and Addison together! yikes That would be weird! Looking forward to the new episodes. I need to know what happened to Cristina and Burke ...

I hugged the Seeker!

#12 17 Jan 07 :: 13:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Anne, don't worry, I'll try to put the stuff together for you soon. Doesn't help that I'll be away all weekend, but I'll give my best. Waiting for new GA is cruel, I know from experience.

-TeeJay

#13 17 Jan 07 :: 14:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ah well, take your time. I still can rewatch some Season 3 episodes with my mom, she's stuck on Episode 5 or so. This is going to be a nice large package for my birthday. LOL I like that. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 18 Jan 07 :: 01:11

irina

i am at part one of " six degrees " ( can't wait for part two). it's fun how we all like the show but for different reasons, i guess that's why it's a good one. the reason i think it's silly it's the medical stuff. the medical stuff, starting from how they put on the gloves, it's unbeliveble and unreal. but i try not to focus on that, and to think it's a show, made for entertainment.
mcsteamy is defenitly hotter then mcdreamy but only if he shuts up and always gets out of the shower.:P
i don't like george much, because i am also always undecided so me and him toghether will never get anything done. i think i would need a burke to kick me in the ass from time to time.
but still, beeing " dark and twisty " tongue i like alex. and also addison!!!!!!!!
and also i liked danny a lot. i love men with a sense of houmor.

#15 18 Jan 07 :: 01:13

irina

oh, and i forgot to say i love bailey too!!! and callie!!!

#16 18 Jan 07 :: 07:04

London
Website

Aw, I loved Denny.  I got all teary eyed at the end of Season Two. sad

#17 18 Jan 07 :: 08:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

irina wrote:

i don't like george much, because i am also always undecided so me and him toghether will never get anything done. i think i would need a burke to kick me in the ass from time to time.

Oh, I'd probably be the one to kick George in the ass ALL the time. LOL

And you're right, this show is so not medically correct, even a non-doctor can tell. But the show is not so much about the medicine. Not like ER or anything. I love it for the dramatic parts and not the medicine, although they do have some freaky cases sometimes. Well, for me it's probably the mixture of everything. And the characters that I just all love--some more, some less.

-TeeJay

#18 18 Jan 07 :: 09:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't care about medically correctness, there are other reasons to watch the show. LOL wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#19 18 Jan 07 :: 18:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Actually, I hate medical stuff.  Which makes it really strange that I love ER and GA.  I just have to look away during the bloody parts.  Can't take it.  Why do these shows always have some of the best characters on TV?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#20 18 Jan 07 :: 18:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

I just have to look away during the bloody parts.

Hey, my mom has the same problem. She likes Grey's Anatomy, but she hates when they show the details of the operations. I don't mind that, though. I know it's not real, so it's okay for me. And I don't have a problem with that scenes on CSI either. But she has. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#21 18 Jan 07 :: 19:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm the one who studied biology and who actually once accompanied a med student to a disection course done on humans once. It was weird at first to realize these guys were cutting up a human body, but also very interesting. Didn't find it sickening at all. It was a little morbid, too, at times. So I'm actually interested in the medical stuff. If studying medicine wasn't so bloody hard, I might have gone into medicine. I did actually consider it for, like, half a second. It's also reflected by the fact that I'm now working in clinical research, even though I don't actually do any research anymore. But it's about finding new medicines that cure or help symptoms. And I find that very interesting indeed, even though there's some stuff going on in the pharma industry that I don't quite find so hot.

-TeeJay

#22 19 Jan 07 :: 02:35

R2Roswell

Going to a high school that focuses on medical careers, I have no trouble watching the show surgeries because in the end those ones are fake and I've been lucky enough to see real ones!

#23 19 Jan 07 :: 03:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's not that the gore gets to me.  It's the fact that from 1999 to 2003, I was in the hospital SO MUCH with my mom and stepdad and all their awful illnesses, that I just can't take it on an emotional level.  My stepdad and my real dad both died in 2000, 41 days apart.  And my mom died in 2003.  Consequently, I friggin' hate hospitals and mortuaries and cemeteries.  Period.  I couldn't watch Six Feet Under because of that.  I can't really stand forensic shows either.  Unless Dexter counts, and once again it's about the characters, not the cases.  And I can't help how much I love ER and GA. The characters are so much fun.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#24 19 Jan 07 :: 12:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, luckily I haven't had to spend a lot of time in hospitals, neither as patient nor visitor. (Knock on wood.) I'd probably feel different about them if I had been through what you went through, Deb. Life indeed sucks.

-TeeJay

#25 19 Jan 07 :: 13:32

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, me neither. Last time I was in hospital I was, like, nine years old. But I don't like going there as a visitor either. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer