#26 19 Jan 07 :: 15:37

R2Roswell

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Anyone watch GA last night?

It was good and everything but man I am getting tired of George's sissy routine of being mad at everyone.  The guy has no backbone (he's been mad at Alex, he's been mad at Meridith, he's been mad at Christina, at Callie, and now Baley and the Chief).

#27 19 Jan 07 :: 16:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I will still need to download it, hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what I thought about the episode when I've seen it.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#28 19 Jan 07 :: 17:01

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't know when I'll get to see this episode, it'll probably be too late to post about it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#29 21 Jan 07 :: 15:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!

Before I watched this episode, I was fairly sure George's dad was gonna die. Turned out to be right. Lots of drama in this one, which I personally loved. It's that substitute agony we've been talking about in other threads. When they switched off the life support, that was a powerful scene. Made me cry too. Also, the scene where George yelled at Bailey and the chief, that was some great writing and acting. For a George- and drama-liking person, this was a great episode.

Still not sure what to think about Alex and Addison. I'm so glad she decided that Marc wouldn't have been a good father, although I wouldn't have liked to see her with Derek either. The snoring thing between Meredith and Derek was kinda cute, but I think I would have thought of earplugs myself a little earlier if I was Derek...

Is it just me, or was what Thatcher told Meredith not much of an explanation? It's not like she's really heard his side yet. I'm curious if they'll get to the point where they tell his "new" daughter that Meredith's her half sister.

Christina and Burke... what a strange tug of war they've got going. "You're together, but you're not talking to each other?" Yeah, what a strange construct is that? Guess it's because they're both so stubborn and headstrong.

And you know what I realized? Not only have Christina and I part of our name in common, I am her. She's also what you would call a "driver". Someone who doesn't emote and likes to control. I find a lot of myself in her, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. wink

Oh, and R2? You think George has no backbone? I don't agree. He wouldn't have yelled at the chief and Bailey if he didn't have a backbone. Sure, he was mad at them. And IMHO he had every right to be. Put yourself in his shoes. Imagine you had found out that you could have had weeks to spend with your father instead of seeing the life drain out of him without him regaining consciousness. Man, what a tough thing.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#30 24 Jan 07 :: 18:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Can you just call me GA-Addict? My mom and I just watched SEVEN EPISODES IN A ROW!!! yikes
But I was dying to know how it would go with Burke and Cristina.
The snoring thing was funny. LOL But I have to agree with Tina, I would have thought earlier about earplugs, too.
Alex and Addison... that's too weird for me right now. LOL
The thing with George's Dad was soooo sad! sad But I could understand why he was so angry at Bailey and Webber.

What I didn't get about Bailey is, why was she so hard with Izzy because she donated the money for this girl's spine operation? I mean, doctor's are also human und as a human you can't stay out of some cases. Sometimes you can't help it, you are personally involved. Even as a doctor.

And now my eyes need some time to recover. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#31 27 Jan 07 :: 00:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Grey's Anatomy - 3x13 Great Expectations

Definitely the episode of season three that has made me cry the most so far. Multiple times. I love this show so much, love the characters, love the storylines, as crazy as they are sometimes. And while I lay there on my couch after it ended, tears still on my cheeks, I kept thinking: "Man, how much do I wish for Chris to be in something like this, for him to make me cry again like I cried when I watched Joan of Arcadia!"

How often do we have to plead that he'll take on another TV guest role? Please? Pretty please?? With cream and sprinkles on top?

The ending was just... weird. Burke? George? Hello?? What answers are you expecting? (Okay, that was rhetorical.) I can't really see Kally saying yes, but I can kinda see Christina doing it. What do you guys think? (And, Anne, I can tell you what I'm talking about if you like, but I'd rather not spoil you.)

What got me most in this episode was the Amish girl (and how strange is it that we only talked about Amish people in the office at work today?), George and Izzy and the last few scenes where everything fell into place (or was left hanging for some).

When can I see the next episode?

-TeeJay

#32 27 Jan 07 :: 11:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

And, Anne, I can tell you what I'm talking about if you like, but I'd rather not spoil you.

Ah well, I look forward to see this ep as soon as your next package arrived. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#33 09 Feb 07 :: 05:02

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

OK, fair warning, tonight's excellent Grey's ends on a cliffhanger.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#34 09 Feb 07 :: 07:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I don't think that's gonna stop me from watching it. I just crave the show too much. Plus it's not like I'll have to wait a whole summer hiatus for the continuation. Thanks for the warning, though. If it was any other show, I might just have waited a week with watching it.

-TeeJay

#35 09 Feb 07 :: 12:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I look forward to see this. Thank God I'll not have to wait, I can watch all the episodes in a row. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#36 10 Feb 07 :: 00:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Cliffhanger indeed!! Holy shit. But, I mean, yeah, like she's gonna die or anything! We all know she isn't. I just hope the little girl will be clever and get help.

Other than that, intense stuff! Love that Alex seems to be growing a heart. Next thing we know, we're gonna see tear duct action on him. Gee, wouldn't that be something? And I'm still giggling over Kally O'Malley. smile

-TeeJay

#37 10 Feb 07 :: 00:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

There's something wrong with that little girl.  I don't think it's just that she's in shock.  I think maybe she's autistic. She just doesn't have normal human responses.  So she might not be capable of going to get help.  My guess is that Meredith isn't knocked out or anything and will surface on her own.

Wicked banner, Anne!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#38 10 Feb 07 :: 01:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I need to see this, it sounds very interesting! <longs for new episodes>

Thanks for the comment on the banner, Deb. I still think it sucks, but I couldn't come up with something better today. I'll try again tomorrow. I need a better pic of Amber where you can see the blue highlights in her hair. But the thing is, I need a pic where you can see the prize sticker on her forehead. That's the joke about the banner! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#39 10 Feb 07 :: 02:04

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, OK, so it's a great banner IDEA then!  You can always tweak it till you're happy with it.  smile

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#40 10 Feb 07 :: 08:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I love the banner, too. Anne, can't you make a cap off your DVD yourself where you can see Amber better? And, no offense, but Chris looks so weird when he's flipped. I much prefer him the "right way round". But I do love the idea as well. Keep at it, let me know if I can help you tweak it.

-TeeJay

#41 10 Feb 07 :: 11:18

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ah well, I can play a little with it now. I said, I wanted to make a better one, I just couldn't do it yesterday because it was late and I was tired.
I'll try to find a better Amber pic but I don't think there's a better Chris pic yet. I need the prize sticker visible! And I had to flip Chris because I didn't want him to stare in the wrong direction. That's something I learned at school, but I can't explain it in English. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#42 10 Feb 07 :: 11:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

That's something I learned at school, but I can't explain it in English. roll

What is there to explain better?

I know it can look weird if people look in the wrong direction, but if you flip him the piercings are all wrong. That's something I would like to avoid, personally. But whatever works for you will be just fine. Maybe you can make a better Amber cap where she looks in the "right" direction, so that you don't have to flip Chris/Carl.

-TeeJay

#43 10 Feb 07 :: 11:34

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Maybe you can make a better Amber cap where she looks in the "right" direction, so that you don't have to flip Chris/Carl.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Let me have a look, I'll make a new avatar later. I have to prepare Chibi's stuff now.

I hugged the Seeker!

#44 16 Feb 07 :: 06:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

If you thought last week's cliffhanger was a doozy, wait till you see tonight's.  With important guest stars. Wow.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#45 16 Feb 07 :: 13:42

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Nooooooo! I don't want a new cliffhanger! Now I need to wait another week, great! roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#46 16 Feb 07 :: 13:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

See, Anne, I warned you. Told you it was a three-parter that's airing right now. I don't really know if I'm gonna watch last night's episode before next week. All my shows are airing again, maybe I can hang on another week and still have my hands full with all the other shows I watch. And since I started with Numb3rs again, I still have half of s2 and the already aired stuff from s3 to catch up on. That should keep me busy until next Friday. Let's see how badly I crave GA over the weekend.

Oh, and btw, Deb... Freddy Koehler was on the Numb3rs ep I watched last night. But his role was tiny, he only appeared once. I still recognized him right away, of course.

-TeeJay

#47 16 Feb 07 :: 13:54

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

But I want to watch this in a row, otherwise I'm gonna die. So please wait another week, okay? That means more stuff to watch for every of my shows. That's great, so I'll have enough time to come up to date with Numb3rs. GA and Numb3rs are the shows I need to stay upo to date with, but of course I love the other shows, too.

TeeJay wrote:

Oh, and btw, Deb... Freddy Koehler was on the Numb3rs ep I watched last night. But his role was tiny, he only appeared once. I still recognized him right away, of course.

Yeah, I remember that episode. He's also one of those actors who pop into a show once and then never again. LOL He was also on Miracles once and I did recognize him too. Oh, and I've seen him on CSI:NY loooong time ago. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#48 16 Feb 07 :: 23:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Great, I just read a spoiler acccidently. Noooo!!! roll Now I wanna see everything! TeeJay, how long do I have to wait until the cliffhanger is over? I NEED to see this!

I hugged the Seeker!

#49 17 Feb 07 :: 02:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The episode next week will be the last in the series of cliffhangery ones, right? So if things go well, I'll have the episode downloaded by Friday evening or Saturday morning. Meaning you might have it at the beginning of the week after next.

-TeeJay

#50 17 Feb 07 :: 02:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Whatever you do, stay unspoiled about the guest stars because it's super cool.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer