#76 09 Mar 07 :: 22:39

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy" stars get pay rises By Nellie Andreeva
Fri Mar 9, 2:21 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Grey's Anatomy" star        Ellen Pompeo has closed a new deal for her services on the hit ABC medical drama.

Original cast members James T. Pickens Jr. and Chandra Wilson also have agreed to new contracts, with        Justin Chambers and T.R. Knight close to new pacts to continue on the Golden Globe-winning series.

Under the new deals, all actors will receive salary bumps. Pompeo now will be at nearly $200,000 per episode, while Pickens, Wilson, Chambers and Knight will be paid about $125,000 per episode, sources said. (A season consists of about two-dozen episodes.)

It is understood that the new terms are retroactive, going back to the first episode of this season.

The contract status for "Gray" co-star Isaiah Washington was not clear. It has been rumored that he might continue on the show without a raise in light of the recent controversy surrounding his use of a homophobic slur, but his communication with the show's producer, ABC TV Studio, has been kept under wraps.

Representatives for the studio and for the actors declined comment Thursday.

Yet to close new deals are        Patrick Dempsey,        Sandra Oh and        Katherine Heigl. Details on Heigl's stalled contract renegotiations were leaked to the media late last month, which triggered a statement on the matter from ABC TV Studio.

"Fortunately, we have a long-term contract to ensure she'll be with the show for several years to come," the statement said. "In recognition of her tremendous talent and value to the show, we recently approached Katherine with an offer to raise her compensation significantly above the terms of her current contract."

All cast members on "Grey's Anatomy" are under long-term (reportedly seven-year) deals with the studio. It has become customary for the original casts of hit shows to renegotiate their contracts and receive raises after two seasons. Since "Grey's" debuted as a midseason replacement in March 2005, the renegotiations were held now when the show marks two full seasons on the air as opposed to the more common between-seasons period in the summer and fall.

Sources said some of the supporting players headed into the renegotiation process as a group that quickly dissolved, leading to individual contract talks between each cast member and the studio.

Meanwhile, Kate Walsh, who joined the cast at the end of Season 1, also has a new deal as part of her central role in the potential spin-off from the hit series, now in the works.

The cast of "Grey's" recently won a SAG Award for best drama series ensemble, with Wilson winning the individual statuette for best drama series actress.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#77 10 Mar 07 :: 03:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh, hey, TeeJay, I'm watching a repeat of Grey's and I saw someone I need to mention to you.  Remember when we were watching Jericho and you kept saying you knew you'd seen the guy with the beard who plays Skeet's brother on the show before, but you couldn't figure out where?  He's in this Grey's ep.  It's called Break On Through.  He and his new wife had an accident on their honeymoon.  Leisha Hailey plays the wife.  She's Alice on The L Word.  Love her!  I wish I'd been paying more attention when they were onscreen.  Now, I'm waiting for their part of the story to come back around.  His name is Kenneth Mitchell, BTW and he's in the upcoming high school basketball movie, Home Of The Giants, with Haley Osment, which also stars the magnificent Ryan Merriman.  big_smile

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#78 22 Mar 07 :: 22:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Aaaah, Tina, how does it look with the next data package, I need my Derek/Meredith fix. (And my Charlie/Amita Fix too, of course.) wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#79 23 Mar 07 :: 05:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Guys, tonight's ep is a wowzer.  All the fallout from last week's incident with George and Izzy is understated and tight and incredibly intense.  It has real weight and I like that.  There's this amazing, wordless scene in a supply closet...

Download it, watch it and get it to Anne ASAP.

And could it be that yet another formerly callous doc is trying to grow a heart?  Mark might surprise you, the way he treats Meredith.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#80 23 Mar 07 :: 09:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Okay, will download the ep as soon as I get home tonight. Anne, maybe you should send me another list and I'll see if I can put another DVD together for you. March was very quiet where new episodes of pretty much any show were concerned. And I finally need to get that DVD burned for Irina. I should have some time over the weekend for all of that.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#81 23 Mar 07 :: 10:02

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, how long is it until the shows come to their finals? Is it worth sending a new data package?

I hugged the Seeker!

#82 23 Mar 07 :: 10:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I think season finales are around April/May. Your call if you wanna wait that long. I can put together another DVD for you this weekend, absolutely no trouble.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#83 23 Mar 07 :: 10:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Nah, I don't wanna wait that long. As I wrote in my other post, I need my Meredith/Derek Fix! LOL
I'll put the next list together and send it to you later.

I hugged the Seeker!

#84 25 Mar 07 :: 12:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

You know what? The next regular episode will air on April 26. If that doesn't suck, then I don't know what does.

-TeeJay

#85 25 Mar 07 :: 13:05

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

APRIL 26??? yikes That DOES suck. mad:mad::mad:

I hugged the Seeker!

#86 25 Mar 07 :: 13:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, at least The Invisible will be released the next day.

-TeeJay

#87 25 Mar 07 :: 13:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, but it still sucks.

I hugged the Seeker!

#88 29 Mar 07 :: 19:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just had my next Grey's Anatomy fix.

Well. To be honest, it wasn't exactly the fix I expected ... GEORGE AND IZZIE???? yikes No waaay!!! This is totally wrong!!! I don't like that! Nonononono. I don't like that!!!

I hugged the Seeker!

#89 29 Mar 07 :: 20:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

GEORGE AND IZZIE???? yikes No waaay!!! This is totally wrong!!!

It is. And somehow I wish they won't do anything with it. Truth be told, I don't see the chemistry between them. Izzy and Alex, yes! Izzy and George. No no.

-TeeJay

#90 29 Mar 07 :: 20:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Same here. I kind of hoped that they would only think they did it because they were too drunk to remember. But obviously I was wrong ... hmm
I really hope that it won't go further with them. I can only repeat it: Izzie and George? Totally W R O N G!!!

I hugged the Seeker!

#91 03 Apr 07 :: 23:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Woohoo. Tonight the third season started here and I have now another proof that I am really getting better with my English, I could remember so much from watching the original version. I was just a little disappointed because they obviously didn't get the sense of "dark and twisty" because they had some weird translation for that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#92 18 Apr 07 :: 15:09

R2Roswell

Has anyone seen previews for tomorrow night's episode?  All I can say that it is going to be a very sweet epi!  (and when I say sweet, I mean cool.)  I am dying to see it.  Been watching the previews nonstop. big_smile:D:D

#93 18 Apr 07 :: 17:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Since I don't have US TV, I haven't seen any previews. Sorry. I hate the previews too. I prefer to go into my shows and movies completely blind. Not always an easy task, especially when Chris himself spoils the ending of The Invisible for you during your interview. smile

-TeeJay

#94 18 Apr 07 :: 17:19

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

LOL TeeJay and the spoilers ...

I just hope they haven't planned George and Izzie as a real couple ... that's just WRONG!!! :angry:

I hugged the Seeker!

#95 18 Apr 07 :: 18:29

R2Roswell

You think so?  I've always loved the concept of George & Izzie (better her than Callie.)  And hey, since it's tv I have nothing against what happens.  If it happened in the RW then I'd have a problem with it but it's tv so it's not damaging in my case.

As for spoilers: I only stay away from particular ones.  Spoilers for Grey's Anatomy I am all over them.  Plus they are fun in that you can create your own episodes in your head using what you've been given (such as that with the episode for tomorrow night.)

Last edited by R2Roswell (18 Apr 07 :: 18:30)

#96 18 Apr 07 :: 18:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Of course I think so! For me, they're meant to be best friends, but not a couple. I mean, I don't like Callie that much either,  but she was kinda okay. But Izzie and George as a couple? Nah, not really. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#97 18 Apr 07 :: 19:15

R2Roswell

LOL!  To each is own.  And I respect that.

I've always seen George & Izzie as a couple once we started seeing their friendship blossom.  It just makes sense (on some level) that the best friends become something more.   They seem like the kind that can really keep things going.

#98 18 Apr 07 :: 19:48

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

R2Roswell wrote:

It just makes sense (on some level) that the best friends become something more.

Well, to me it does not make sense. Not at all. I like them being best friends. But they wouldn't convince me as a couple.
But I also respect if someone differs about that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#99 19 Apr 07 :: 00:38

R2Roswell

It's always interesting to listen to different views.  I find it very fascinating.

#100 19 Apr 07 :: 08:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I actually agree with Anne here because I also can't see Izzy and George as a couple. They're wonderful best friends, and that's how it should stay, IMHO. I can totally see Izzy with Alex, though. Not sure he's good for her, but they have tons of chemistry. As for George and Kally, geez, I don't know. They're such an odd couple, but somehow they work too. The whole marriage eloping thing was absolutely weird, but also kinda sweet.

-TeeJay

Board footer