#1 26 Jul 06 :: 23:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Alpha Dog (STRONG LANGUAGE & ADULT CONTENT)

I thought we might want to start a thread about Alpha Dog over here too. Here's some stuff we already discussed on Melissa's message board:

From Deb:

Went to the site (the old New Line one), looked at the clips. The movie seems like it might be pretty good. Much better than I dared hope. I think I might be able to get past the hair, if the character is interesting.

The clips were pretty intense. The movie reminds me a little of the vibe of "Mean Creek" or "The United States Of Lelend", both of which I liked very much. Especially "Mean Creek".

And I didn't notice before now that Anton Yelchin is in it. Love him! So not only has Chris now worked with Jason Ritter and Emile Hirsch twice, he has worked with Anton twice. I am SO looking forward to Chris's upcoming appearances in "Huff", Anton's Showtime series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From TeeJay:

I don't think I've ever seen Anton Yelchin. If you think the clips are intense, you should look at that trailer that we talked about, Deb. (I still haven't checked if I have enough space on my server to upload it for you.) That's even more intense. I also like the movie more and more, the more I hear about/see of it. I really wish I will get the chance to watch it in English, because I sure won't watch it dubbed, Chris on the big screen or no. Any chance it'll be in the cinemas at the end of May? wink

Anne, I just found this online: Timberlake spielt bereits eine Hauptrolle in Nick Cassavetes' "Alpha Dog", der noch in diesem Jahr in die deutschen Kinos kommen soll. (It says: Timberlake already plays the lead role in Nick Cassvetes' "Alpha Dog", which is supposed to hit the German cinemas this year.) So, this year, huh? I read somewhere that it will come to US cinemas in April. Is there hope for me that it will still be on in May when I'm in Atlanta??? Oh, how I would LOVE to see Chris on the big screen speaking in his original voice! Even *if* he looks like crap.

On amtam.com I said that he's a real chameleon. Soft-spoken Adam, quirky Eli, tortured Travis and now the evil stoner kid from Alpha Dog... And I mean it. (That's supposed to be a huge compliment for an actor.)

-TeeJay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From TeeJay:

I just found a few articles about the movie online. The reviwers all don't share much love for the movie. Don't think it'll be a hit in the cinemas. I'm still interested in watching it, but I don't expect a masterpiece. I'm guessing the style will be something similar to "8 Mile", or at least that's what I'm expecting. I've seen the unofficial trailer and the clips, I think I have a pretty good grasp of what the movie's gonna be like.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/01/27/s … alpha-dog/

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout … 1117929381

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/aw … 1001843059

Anne told me someone on imdb.com (who was at the Sundance Festival) posted on the message board that the release date is gonna be March 17th. Of course this is unofficial. If that's right, then I'm not getting my hopes up of being able to catch it in the cinemas at the end of May. Ah well, I'll get to see the movie *somehow*, I'm sure of that.

What about "American Gun", though? Would be nice if they'd show that one in May! I mean.... this is my big chance to see Chris on the big screen with his original voice. Come on, folks, do me a favor and release your Chris movies so I can watch them undubbed! Please? wink

-TeeJay

From Deb:

OK, maybe it's just me but those reviews seem awfully overanalytical. That happens a lot with reviews of films at Sundance. These writers seem to be trying a little too hard to sound brilliant. Whatever. I'll make up my own mind about the film when I see it, thank you very much.

From Deb:

Alpha Dog - "You don't watch this film, you endure it."

Gee, that sounds like fun. NOT...

Timberlake, Cassavetes And 'Alpha Dog' Crew Close Out Sundance In Style

Hard-edged gangster flick is hottest ticket in town during the film festival's final weekend.

by Larry Carroll, with additional reporting by SuChin Pak

PARK CITY, Utah — The 2006 Sundance Film Festival was packed with memorable moments and happenings, including a slew of overachieving underdog films, the crush of hard-partying Hollywood stars and the emergence of new names and faces who might just shape the movie business for years to come.       

But during the festival's final weekend, everything began and ended with "Alpha Dog."

"That's pretty good," Justin Timberlake said, moments before the film's world premiere, when a reporter suggested that he'd walk into the theater a singer and would walk out an actor. Grinning, he added: "I've been acting like I could sing for years."

The media avidly pursued Timberlake around Park City for days as he kicked off his acting career in style — and he obliged, doing interviews, attending screenings, dancing at the film's afterparty and taking some time to hit the couldn't-be-fresher powder on the local slopes. "I went snowboarding," he said, assuring his fans that he can handle himself. "I'm good."

During his introductory remarks at the "Alpha Dog" screening, director Nick Cassavetes ("The Notebook") pulled no punches as he prepared the audience for a hard-drinking, bong-toting, trigger-happy Timberlake unlike anything they'd come to expect from the 'NSYNC star.

"You don't watch this film," Cassavetes said, half-jokingly. "You endure it."

Earlier, Timberlake had joined his "Alpha" co-stars to discuss the brutal, emotionally powerful film based on the true story of a drug-dealing thug (played by Emile Hirsch, "Lords of Dogtown") and a group of young wannabe gangsters in way over their heads.

"I met the guy that my character is based on, and it was a trippy experience," Timberlake revealed. "I spent about three hours in an upstate California prison, and I took a lot away from it."

"It's inspired by true events, by the Jesse James Hollywood case," said Hirsch, whose character in the film is named Johnny Truelove. "It's about this teenaged drug kingpin in the valley, and all of his friends, and how one of the conflicts [he's involved with] gets him and all of his friends in trouble.

"Queenpin," corrected Timberlake, busting his friend's chops in a manner reminiscent of how the characters in the film treat each other. After the gang cracked up, they all insisted that such brotherly humor was the result of unusual Cassavetes acting and directing techniques that had them simultaneously pumping iron and dissing each other.

"We were working out in the valley, outside, in August," remembered Ben Foster ("Hostage"). "So we've got the heat, and we're lifting hot heavy things for hours and hours. And the genius of Nick Cassavetes' direction is creating an environment that allows us to explore our own relationships."

"I'm a sponge," joked Timberlake, looking at his co-stars. "I was a clown in the movie, actually."

The actors then started clamoring over one another to build on the joke, before Timberlake self-deprecatingly repeated the assertion: "I'm, literally, a clown in the movie."

"He's got a lot of makeup on, and the nose," added Foster. "It squeaks when you squeeze it."

"Justin was just downplaying it about being lighthearted," Foster continued, settling down from the roughhousing. "Justin also has an amazing emotional depth and availability, which is unusual. He's one of those rare talents who can access depth and a sense of charisma, and the idea that you can be his friend. It's not a presentation; it's who you are."

Blushing, Timberlake deflected the compliment by screaming, "So hire me!" at any Hollywood execs who might be within earshot.

Growing serious for a moment, the "Alpha Dog" stars insisted that there are some thought-provoking messages behind all the teasing.

"There's sort of this anarchist theme throughout the film," Timberlake observed. "In our culture today — I mean, God knows, they tried to blame Columbine on Marilyn Manson. They tried so hard. And it turns out the kids were just crazy."

"Or just damaged people who didn't have a way to communicate with either their parents or their friends," Foster added. "It's about being isolated, and I think this film also expresses that — although we have a group of friends and people hanging out, there isn't a whole lot of true communication between each other."

"It's fun and games; it's how kids are to kids," Timberlake observed. "When you're young and you're figuring out who you are in the world, you're very insecure and very ignorant. I remember the one day that I had when I was a young teenager, and I was like, 'Oh wait, I'm not gonna live forever,' [just realizing] that life is precious. And you watch these young people throughout this movie and that thought never crosses their minds until they're in [a serious] predicament."

Instead, the characters waste their days hanging around and knocking each other down, both verbally and physically. "That's why the film is called 'Alpha Dog,' " Timberlake said, referring to the term used to describe the strongest animal in a pack. "You could watch it on the Discovery Channel; you see two male animals in the same vicinity and they just fight [to see] who's bigger, better, faster, cooler."

This past weekend, there was little doubt that Timberlake, Foster, Hirsch and their fellow collaborators were the alpha dogs at Sundance. As the closing film of the festival, "Alpha" occupied a position of honor that was not lost on the stars.

"It's great," beamed Anton Yelchin, who plays an impressionable, kidnapped youngster in the flick. "It's very prestigious. I guess it's an important enough film to close off this festival, and people have [been waiting], I've heard, to see it. It's packed inside the theater, which is great. It makes me feel good."

"Alpha Dog" did, indeed, fill Park City theaters all weekend, through the premiere and into several secondary screenings, and the buzz only grew stronger as scores of moviegoers were turned away for lack of space. Now, the stars are looking forward to the film's April release.

"I don't think that we've actually seen the range and depth yet of Justin's musical style, or Justin's acting abilities," said Foster. "He brings in an amazing performance in 'Alpha Dog.' He is a movie star. I'm a huge fan now. I was not expecting a pop star to come in and give such a heartfelt performance. Justin is going to be around for a very long time, and I look forward to seeing his movies."

This report is from MTV News.

From TeeJay:

The official trailer looks very interesting to me. I'd sure love to see the movie. I think I'd be interested in it even if Chris weren't in it. And I also don't like the poster. I already saw it a couple of days ago and thought: What a cheap joke!

From Deb:

Last night, the news magazine show, Dateline devoted an entire hour to the story of Jesse James Hollywood. He's the drug dealer at the center of the gang depicted in Alpha Dog. In the movie, all the names have been changed, but according to this report the movie is very close to what happened in the real life case.

So close in fact, that the upcoming trial of JJH may be compromised by it. Apparently, the prosecutor in the case cooperated with the filmmakers, gave them details that might cause problems at trial. This prosecutor has been asked to recuse himself. The family of the boy the gang killed is asking that he be removed if he refuses to step down on his own.

The trial starts "next month" and that's when they say the movie opens too. That means May, TeeJay. They said that the first question every potential juror will be asked is if they have seen the movie. And they will be excused if they have.

Weird, huh?

During the report, they showed clips from the film and interviewed Sharon Stone. In the clips, I caught two fleeting glimpses of Chris, but one of them was from the back.

And as for our earlier speculation as to why Chris looks stoned in all the clips and pics we've seen, well all of these boys were pot dealers and heavy users. Some of them smoked up so much of their product that they became indentured servants to JJH. To work off their drug debts, he forced them to wash his cars and clean up after his dogs, any kind of humiliating tasks he could think of. The fact that Ben Markowitz owed him so much money he'd never be able to repay it that way was what started the whole kidnapping plot that ended in the death of Markowitz' 15-year-old brother.

This is another very, very sad story, folks.

Read more about it here:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12207033/#060412a

Deb

From Deb:

I finally watched the trailer and clips on the official site today, too. Couldn't get them to play on my computer before it was fixed. I think it looks absolutely great!

Let me put it this way, production value-wise, it looks very high-quality. Wait till you see American Gun, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Nick Cassavetes has been around a very long time, both as an actor and a director. He's got major chops. He's the son of the late, great director, John Cassavetes and the briliant actress, Gena Rowlands. He's got movies in his blood and you can see it on the screen in the Alpha Dog clips. The movie has a really cool "look" to it. Very sun-drenched, and colorful and decadent.

Honestly, I'm getting more excited about it every day.

Judging by the treatment Dateline gave it last night, it's not going to just slink into a few theatres and then disappear onto the shevles of the video store. It looks like it's going to be a major release with a lot of buzz.

I'm not saying it'll open on 3 screens in every multiplex, but it does look like New Line Cinema (my favorite film studio on the planet) has the marketing savvy to release it to all the major markets to coincide with the start of the Jesse Jame Hollywood trial. What better way to bring people into the theatre than to have a movie out at the same time the big player in the story is front page news?

Hold on to your hats, ladies, I think the saga of Alpha Dog is about to get a lot more interesting...

Deb

PS: I noticed in that clip with JT and Chris --- the one where he looks so magnificently stoned --- our boy is holding onto a quarter bag of weed like it's a precious jewel. And his rings are on the wrong hands. Man, I watch these things too closely! LOL!

So, does he seem reluctant to participate in what they're doing with the kid because he has a conscience, or because he's too stoned or lazy? Then, notice in the trailer, that when the girl says the kid has been kidnapped, Chris yells, "No, he hasn't!" Is he in denial about what's going on? He's there when they kill the kid, but he looks like he's going to cry. What's going on with this guy?

From Deb:

Really Good Review That Finally Mentions Chris  Has praise for Emile and Anton, too:

SCREENED AT THE 2006 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL: "Alpha Dog" is in some ways a revelatory film. It was written and directed by Nick Cassavetes, whose previous output ("John Q" and "The Notebook," particularly) has been proficient but strictly by-the-numbers. Furthermore, it features Justin Timberlake in a leading dramatic role. This thing has "mediocrity" written all over it.

Yet here it is, a gritty urban crime drama involving teenagers, guns, drugs and sex, all sharply acted, well-directed and astutely put together, with Timberlake's performance as one of its greatest attributes. What happened to Cassavetes and Timberlake to make them go this direction, I don't know, but I'm glad they did. (All due respect to fans of "The Notebook.")

The film is a fictionalized account of a true story, set in Claremont, Calif., in 1999. The characters are kids with no ethics, no roots and no direction. To the extent that they have parents, the parents are ineffectual. And so their leader is another kid, a teenage drug lord -- he can't be more than 17 -- named Johnny Truelove (Emile Hirsch). Johnny has a "Scarface" poster on his wall, and he emulates that character in his business decisions.

His fellow teens, meanwhile, emulate the gangsters they see in rap videos. They're abusive, sexist kids who cruise from one drug-fueled party to another, always ready to follow orders from Johnny. One boy (Shawn Hatosy) is cleaning Johnny's garage just because he was told to.

Meanwhile, we meet Jake Mazursky (Ben Foster), a profoundly unstable meth-head who owes Johnny a chunk of cash that he can't seem to come up with at the moment. His father (David Thornton) and spiteful stepmother (Sharon Stone) won't give it to him, and his 15-year-old half-brother Zack (Anton Yelchin) -- who looks up to Jake like a demigod -- doesn't have it. This debt infuriates Johnny, and a feud ensues. Unable to find Jake, Johnny's guys, led by a thug named Frankie (Timberlake), do the next best thing: They snatch young Zack up off the street and more or less hold him prisoner.

It's an odd sort of kidnapping, though. They have no reason to hurt him, just hang onto him until Jake comes through with the money. Problem is, Jake is MIA, leaving Frankie with this hostage he doesn't really want. Johnny doesn't want him either, so Frankie is stuck with him.

Zack, for his part, a naive and inexperienced lad, is having a great time going from party to party, being hit on by girls and offered drinks. He becomes friends with Frankie and with Frankie's associate Keith (Chris Marquette). Frankie takes care of him, brings him along to his dad's house in Palm Springs, where there's a swimming pool and a place to sleep. There's a certain tenderness in the almost brotherly bond that develops between them. But Zack eventually becomes a liability rather than an asset as the spur-of-the-moment kidnapping drags on for days with no resolution in sight.

Timberlake's performance as Frankie is a standout, emotionally complex and believably street-tough. Anton Yelchin, who starred in David Duchovny's little-seen "House of D," is given plenty to chew on as Zack, too, and his laudable performance suggests he may be one to watch.

It's good to see two other interesting young actors here, too: Emile Hirsch and Ben Foster as the feuding juvenile delinquents. Hirsch ("The Girl Next Door," "Lords of Dogtown"), whose baby face suggests vulnerability even when Johnny claims to be capable of handling every situation, is the opposite of Foster (TV's "Six Feet Under"), who plays Jake as a larger-than-life lunatic. When Jake takes a dump on Johnny's living room carpet as an act of defiance, I have no problem believing it's something he would do.

Southern California is depicted not as a glamorous wonderland but as a barren wasteland, a desert of stucco-coated houses and ugly chain-link fences. (That's more or less accurate, by the way.) Cassavetes shoots most of it with hand-held cameras in a documentary style, even framing the story with realistic-looking interviews with some of the figures (including Bruce Willis as Johnny's uncooperative father). It's a nightmare of a place, this SoCal, populated by vulgar kids who have seen plenty of crimes committed in movies but have no idea how to perpetrate one themselves.

To some extent, that may be true of Cassavetes, too. His depiction of all this squalor and depravity is vivid, but it doesn't offer much insight into WHY the kids do what they do, and he drags the resolution out way too long. Still, the fact that the director of "The Notebook" had something this jarringly stone-faced and unflinching inside of him is intriguing. It's a solid, tragic film about a group of kids whose fate was sealed long before we ever met them.

Source: efilmcritic.com/review.php?movie=13572

Ain't It Cool News has come barely literate fanboy's review of Alpha Dog here:

www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22487

It's kind of interesting.

Deb

From TeeJay:

What the hell is up with New Line? They took the official Alpha Dog site off the 'net. Now we are directed to New Line's official site (which says Release Date: Spring 2006--ha ha!). Why??? Are they chickening out? Good thing I already downloaded the trailer and the Chris clip...

-TeeJay

From Deb:

OK, they've completely caved to the pressure, it seems. I'll check tonight and see if any of the movie buffs on the AD board at IMDb know what's going on. I'll also check the 'net for any news on the Jesse James Hollywood trial and see if I can find any clues as to exactly what's going on. This is just infuriating!

Deb

From Deb:

This was posted by Larry on the IMDb AD board. He seems like an insider. He deifintely has knowledge of how Hollywood works...

"New Line has nothing to do with the film anymore. It has been picked up by Universal Pictures, who plan to release it in the first quarter of 2007 with a possible limited release in December to qualify for Oscar contention."

Ok, so now I guess we can start calling Universal a bunch of pussies. But at least this explains why New Line took down the official site. Universal will probably put up a brand new one once we get closer to release.

Deb

From Deb:

Filmmakers See Jesse James Hollwood Files
Friday July 14 10:43 AM ET

Defense lawyers for a man accused of murder argued the Santa Barbara County district attorney's office should be removed from the case after a prosecutor shared confidential files with the producers of an upcoming movie.

The unusual hearing Thursday before the 2nd District Court of Appeal in Ventura was unanimously ordered by the state Supreme Court in April.

The central issue was the decision of Santa Barbara County Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen to turn over probation reports, police files and other materials to the producers of "Alpha Dog," a film based on the notorious kidnapping and slaying of a 15-year-old San Fernando Valley, California, boy.

Zonen said in court documents he thought the movie might help him find Jesse James Hollywood, the alleged mastermind behind a plot to kidnap Nicholas Markowitz, who was shot and buried in a remote Santa Barbara County, California, camping area in 2000.

Four men have been convicted in the slaying, but Hollywood fled after being charged with murder in 2003. He was arrested in Brazil last year.

On Thursday, Deputy Attorney General David Glassman defended Zonen before the three-judge panel, contending cooperation was "an innocent effort to increase publicity in order to affect the apprehension of a fugitive who had been at large for years."

Whether the appellate justices will order Zonen and perhaps the entire district attorney's office off the case will not be known until they issue their opinion in a few months.

Still, justices signaled displeasure with Zonen's actions.

Framing a hypothetical question, Justice Arthur Gilbert asked: "If his motive is 'I want to be a star,' then it's bad, but if it's 'I want to do justice,' then it's OK?"

Zonen accepted no payment for acting as a consultant to producer Nick Cassavetes, Glassman said. He acknowledged the prosecutor had contemplated one day writing a book about the case but said that did not affect his ability to be fair in his job.

No matter how benign Zonen's motivation may have been, his decision to share ordinarily closed files was grounds for recusal, said Armand Arabian, a former state Supreme Court justice who is representing Hollywood in the matter.

"Justice stands here insulted, her blindfold askew, her scales unbalanced," he told the appeals court.

Deb just e-mailed me this:

From the Alpha Dog IMDb message board:

The entire young cast except titty-twister Justin had to do full frontal nudity. Also the movie has pervasive drug use and coarse language throughout its 117-minute running length. In its current form, it is what we in the industry call a "hard R" rating. The movie is definitely not for children under 17-years of age. National theater chains will be strictly enforcing admittance on this "R" rated feature! That means, if you are under 17-years old, your mommy will have to go with you to the movie.

FULL FRONTAL NUDITY???? Wow...... Not sure what think about that, except: Interesting!   cool  LOL

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 26 Jul 06 :: 23:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Alpha Dog (STRONG LANGUAGE & ADULT CONTENT)

Indeed, VERY interesting. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 26 Jul 06 :: 23:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, apparently it might not be what we think it is. Read this from Deb:

I have asked for clarification from this guy because some other people who've seen the movie say it's just the girls and they only get topless.  So it could be a big fat lie.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 29 Jul 06 :: 00:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I was just re-reading this interview from 2005 with Chris (you might have read it the other day too, Deb) and there he said this, which I totally didn't recall:

Digest: Wow, that is really weird — talk about perfect timing. Who's playing Jesse?
Marquette: Emile Hirsch, who I worked with in Girl Next Door. His dad is [played by] Bruce Willis. Sharon Stone is in it, too, as well as Ben Foster, a friend of mine who's going to be one of the greatest actors in the world one day.

Ben Foster, huh? Wait a minute. He's the guy who plays the "Wing Boy" in X-Men 3? Cool! Anja really liked him. She used to keep saying: That's the man with the nicest pair of wings that I've ever seen. wink So, yeah, go Ben! And make sure Chris is the other greatest actor in the world next to you.

Just thought I'd post this little interesting snippet again.

-TeeJay

#5 29 Jul 06 :: 01:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I did read that interview.  It's probably my favorite one ever because he talks about a lot of stuff I would ask him about if I interviewed him.  I think Ben Foster's character in X-Men is called Angel.  I could look it up but I'm too lazy.  I should be napping right now.  Ben's pretty cool, been around for quite a while.

Chris isn't gonna be one of the greatest actors in the world one day.  He already is.  He may be one of the very best of his generation.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6 29 Jul 06 :: 18:02

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The greatest actor in the world? I think to determine that, I'd have to see a few more actors in action. Plus I haven't really seen all that Chris has done so far. Yes, he is a very fine actor. Great actor, even. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the greatest actor in the world. The very best of his generation, yes, may be. But then, I don't think I know that many actors of his generation. I had never even heard of, for instance, Nikki Reed before AG. And only then did I realize she was on The O.C.

But I have to give him that he has certainly impressed me like no other actor has so far. And he rocks in whatever he does. And that's saying a lot. Of course it helps that he's so very handsome. The eyebrows notwithstanding. smile You see, I used to say I wouldn't watch a movie that doesn't really interest me only because there's an actor in it that I like. Chris has changed my mind. I watched JF, didn't I? I watched Freddy vs. Jason, and that was CRAP on a stick! So that means he's got me spellbound, he certainly has.

I could yammer on and praise this guy for pages and pages. Get my drool towel, someone!! smile

-TeeJay

#7 29 Jul 06 :: 20:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I did say ONE of the greatest.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#8 29 Jul 06 :: 23:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, okay, maybe I was a bit too tired and too stupid when I read your post. I'm so weird today. Better not say anything much, it'll only be verbal diarrhea anyway.

-TeeJay

#9 15 Aug 06 :: 13:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Do we have a link to this interview anywhere?

I hugged the Seeker!

#10 15 Aug 06 :: 14:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yes, it's on our test page in the interviews section (About Chris) somewhere. You even have a link to it on your page as well, I believe. Can't check which one it is right now. I'm sure you'll find it.

-TeeJay

#11 07 Oct 06 :: 00:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just found out that they set up a new website for the movie. There's a new trailer too, but I can't watch it because it's Quicktime and my Quicktime sucks as always. There are also some new pictures, but unfortunately no new ones of Chris. Wait, did I say unfortunately? I meant fortunantely, LOL. wink

Here's the link: http://www.alphadogmovie.com

PS: They also set up a new release date: January 12, 2007. Looks like an early birthday present for us, Tina. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#12 07 Oct 06 :: 17:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks for posting that, Deb and I already put it on the website. Looked at the trailer, it's different from the ones we've seen previously. I made caps off the few moments where we catch a glimpse of Chris, look in the gallery.

January 12, huh? So the US people get to see Chris on the big screen twice in one month. That's cool. Maybe I should finagle a business trip to our US office in late January. smile

-TeeJay

#13 07 Oct 06 :: 17:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Cool caps! (Okay, except the hair of course.) Hey, there are some new scenes! Maaaan, I wanna SEE this damn trailer!!! **** Quicktime!!! mad
WHY is Quicktime NEVER working when I NEED it??? mad:mad::mad: (Tina, do you have a solution coincidentally?)

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 08 Oct 06 :: 06:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

(Tina, do you have a solution coincidentally?)

What exactly is your problem with QT? I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it, but I would know more details about how it's not working for you.

-TeeJay

#15 08 Oct 06 :: 14:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't know what the problem is. It says it's the newest version but it doesn't start playing the trailer. It only suggests to install Quicktime Pro, whatever this is.

EDIT: I installed the new free version of Quicktime and now IT WORKS!!! Yay! Cool trailer! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 22 Oct 06 :: 01:19

shrams

I just saw the trailer in the theater today, before "The Prestige" (EXCELLENT movie, btw).  I think I'm going to find "Alpha Dog" extremely disturbing.  I only saw Chris briefly in two scenes.  This was much longer than the first trailer I saw.  I'm not sure if it's the one you're all talking about, but I'll try to watch it soon.  I just got home from the movie, and I'm on my way out again.  I've watched all kinds of horror movies, and I frequently watch rather violent TV shows, but this...is something entirely different.

#17 22 Oct 06 :: 02:03

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Wow, there's an AD trailer on The Prestige?  I kind of expected one for The Invisible since they're distributed by the same company.  But I'll take the AD trailer, too.  Yeah, it does look like a very disturbing movie, mainly because you know that it's mostly a true story.  And poor Chris with that awful wig, all stoned and dirty ain't exactly gonna be eye candy.  But it looks very intense and intersting and Chris is so proud of the movie.  I'm really anxious to see it.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#18 24 Oct 06 :: 23:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Deb just sent me this. It's a German review of Alpha Dog:

http://www.cinefacts.de/kino/review/ans … p?reid=761

Maybe I'll try to translate it later for you, guys. It sounds quite interesting, but I only skimmed over it so far because I need to go to bed. (Thanks for sending the link, Deb!)

-TeeJay

#19 25 Oct 06 :: 17:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sounds good.

I hugged the Seeker!

#20 27 Oct 06 :: 20:04

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

This is cool.  Nick Cassavetes is touring with the movie & doing Q&As on college campuses...

Hey all,

It begins.

Among other press, I am scheduled to do a college junket.

11/12 - Boston University
11/13 - University of Philadelphia
11/14 - University of Georgia (Athens)
11/15 - University of Michigan
11/16 - Northwestern University
11/19 - Cal Berkely
11/27 - University of Minnesota
11/28 - University of Texas
11/29 - University of Colorado
11/30 - University of Washington

Come catch me if you can,
Nick

Source: IMDb Alpha Dog Message Board

I'm gonna try to find a way to get to the event at University Of Georgia.  Won't knoow if I can go till I know what time of day or night is it.  If it's at night, I can probably make it.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#21 27 Oct 06 :: 20:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

So we need to start compiling questions for Nick, huh? (Make sure to tell him Chris told us he adores him. LOL)

-TeeJay

#22 27 Oct 06 :: 20:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

If I get to talk to him, I will definitely tell him what Chris said about him.  Yeah, get some questions together!  I wonder what he'd say if I asked him how HE felt about Chris saying The Notebook is sooooo gay in Just Friends.  LOL!

Oh, and BTW, I am once again being accused of being someone I'm not on the IMDb boards.  Now, I'm Larry411, this guy who saw an early cut of the film and has been singing it's praises over there ever since.  I've invited Larry to come here and post his review of the movie because someone keeps having the link deleted on IMDb.  I'd like to read it because Nick read it and he was very impressed with what Larry had to say.

So, let's see... I'm a shill for Showtime and/or Huff, and I am now a shill for the publicists of Alpha Dog.  Oh, and I only do what I do on this website to get in Chris's pants. 

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#23 27 Oct 06 :: 20:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Don't forget about the fact that we're supposed to be the same person, Deb.

Yeah, ask Nick about The Notebook's soooo gay. LOL That should get a good laugh out of him! Man, it would be awesome if you could meet up with Nick, even for a short exchange of words. I hope it happens! Man, if Chris knew how we're busting our asses over here to get scraps of info, he'd make us official in a heartbeat. Chris, you hear that??? tongue

-TeeJay

#24 27 Oct 06 :: 22:33

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hey, cool news.
The imdb story gets more hilarious every day, huh? LOL lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#25 27 Oct 06 :: 23:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nick is posting a lot over there today.  I think he's getting pretty fed up with the trolls.  He even responded to one of my posts.  I asked him to post the times of his college lectures when he knows them so I can see if going up to UGA in Athens will be feasible for me.  He said he'd post when he knew more.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer