#751 28 Jun 11 :: 15:43

AnonymousDorquette15

Re: Our little questionnaire ::: Come on in and answer it

Sorry to hear that Deb sad  Some people are just jerks.

Warning:  I may contain materials hazardous to your sanity.  And peanuts.

#752 29 Jun 11 :: 03:30

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

People who use other people especially for money suck!

#753 04 Aug 11 :: 04:50

wel.hume

Alright, this looks like a really fun board, I think I'll jump in!

What's the first thing your ever saw Chris in?
Up, Up, and Away. Although I did see him in Noah when it came out, but I had to watch it again a few years ago to remember that I'd seen it.
What's your favorite thing he's done so far?
Joan of Arcadia. Ahh. By soo much. I miss that show to death.

What's your favorite scene in that movie/show?
Either the end of POV, or Adam's conversation with Helen is Shadows and Light

Who's your favorite Chris character and why?
Adam Rove, that boy stole my heart years ago. But Carl in Graduation is a close second. He's such an interesting guy and I love his high energy quirkiness. Some of his facial expressions are so powerful, and electric especially between him and Suzie.
Do you remember the first time you Googled Chris?  What site did you land on?
Nope, but it must have been shortly after I saw Death Be Not Whatever air for the first time. I remember going to IMDB, Mysterious Messages and eventually the Unchallenged fanlisting.

What were you looking for when you found our website or how else did you stumble across it?
Chris Marquette media. smile

What role in what movie --- any movie --- past, present or potential would you love to see Chris play?
I'd love to see him play the leading man in any major 'Ryan Renolds' type film. Seeing Dear Roommate made me wish I could see him play that role for an entire 2 and a half hours.

Seen any Chris movies in a theatre?
No! So bummed. I definitely need to. I would have at least gone and seen Race To Witch Mountain had I realized that he was in it at the time.

Own any Chris movies?
JoA, Graduation, Just Friends American Gun, The Invisible and The Education of Charlie Banks which is permanently stored on my Tivo. smile

Have anything special recorded off TV?
Not really. sad

What do you like most about Chris?
Insanely unique voice. The way he speaks in such a moving, captivating, emotional way. No matter what emotion he's getting across, he always speaks with such depth and richness. When he talks in that soft-Adam-y way when he's hurt, he has the incredible ability to make me just melt. And his crying skills are unreal-seriously I watch those Adam meltdown scenes over and over and they are just as powerful every time.

Oh, and his good looks are always a tie for first. wink

If you could ask Chris one question, what would you ask?
How he mentally prepares for a role, if it's a very elaborate process of research and communication/rehearing with others, or if it's a very internal process. And how he prepares to go on set and perform, any pre-shooting processes.
Do you have any of Chris's lines that you can quote off the top of your head?
This is going to sound so lame...pretty much any scene of any JoA episode. No joke. Like, literally ANY scene. And a few lines from Graduation.

Have you met Chris in person? If so, tell us about it.
No. I wish!! It's on the bucket list though.
If you could have him autograph one item or photo, what would you pick and why?
This photo. -> http://www.chris-marquette.com/gallery/ … play_media

It's how I always remember him. smile When I first saw that promo pic, it was my wallpaper for months.

What would you want to see Chris doing next out of these?
a) a very dark and suspenseful thriller
b) a sitcom
c) a quirky and/or romantic comedy
d) a horror movie
e) a drama TV show
f) an action movie
g) a dramatic movie
h) a medical or cop show
i) a theater play
j) something else entirely (if so, what?)

Hmm perhaps a sitcom, he's got such a hilarious sense of comedic timing. And I'd be on cloud nine if he became a series regular again. But since I recently read the fanfiction story "Why?" I've had Chris stuck in my head in the 'fatherly' role. Which is adorable. I can't wait until he's 'old enough' to really pull off that role.

--That's all I got. Super fun survey! Got me in the mood to watch some of those Chris movies!

-Joanna

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

#754 04 Aug 11 :: 05:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

God, are you for real, girl?  It's like we were separated at birth or something. I've found my twin, kids!  Honestly, your answers are just wonderful and I think you are going to be such a fun addition to the old MB!

I have a real soft spot for Shadows & Light.  It was the last we saw of "our Adam" really.  That scene in the hall with Joan when he comforts her...

JoA_2x17_141.jpg

Just, wow.

And I love his voice too.  "Richness", you nailed it.  And holy freak, it's so deep it makes my belly rumble.  Rrrrrr...  But, seriously, it's fascinating to watch him speak.  He can get so quiet you have to lean in to hear him, and yet he can be so boisterous you wonder where he gets the energy.  And when he talks to you, the eye contact is just mesmerizing.  He listens, he focuses.  He's in the moment.  Genuine.

Is it Charlie Banks you're saying is permanently in you TiVO?  I'm really stuck on that film too.  It's on cable a lot and every time I watch it I discover more layers.  I adore Chris's performance in it, but I love the movie too.  Ritter totally swiped it.

Don't even get me started on Graduation.  I love Carl so much I almost want a "CJ" prison tat on my inner forearm.  Oh, and BTW, if you're interested, I wrote some Carl/Suzie smut too.  It's in the Fan Fic section here.  tongue

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#755 04 Aug 11 :: 17:57

justme
Supreme Dorquette

wel.hume wrote:

What would you want to see Chris doing next out of these?
a) a very dark and suspenseful thriller
b) a sitcom
c) a quirky and/or romantic comedy
d) a horror movie
e) a drama TV show
f) an action movie
g) a dramatic movie
h) a medical or cop show
i) a theater play
j) something else entirely (if so, what?)

Hmm perhaps a sitcom, he's got such a hilarious sense of comedic timing. And I'd be on cloud nine if he became a series regular again. But since I recently read the fanfiction story "Why?" I've had Chris stuck in my head in the 'fatherly' role. Which is adorable. I can't wait until he's 'old enough' to really pull off that role.

--That's all I got. Super fun survey! Got me in the mood to watch some of those Chris movies!

-Joanna

Welcome, Joanna!  You seem like you'll be a great addition to the board.  You certainly have amazing taste!

TeeJay, is "Why" one of yours?

#756 04 Aug 11 :: 17:59

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, it's one of hers.  It's that one where they have a daughter, but Joan has been away from them for years.  Very sad stuff.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#757 04 Aug 11 :: 19:53

justme
Supreme Dorquette

I remember it now!  The daughter's name was/is Elya.  She got nominated for some kind of fanfic sci-fi award I think I remember.

#758 04 Aug 11 :: 21:01

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep, that's the one. And it's also one of the JoA stories I have fond memories about, even though the subject matter wasn't all that cheerful.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#759 05 Aug 11 :: 00:05

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Yeah, I remember it very well.  It was so sad!  Joan had been gone from everyone for years, Will and Helen were both gone.  I remember the scene between Elya and Kevin really well.  Though it was sad, there were parts of it that were hopeful.

#760 06 Aug 11 :: 05:23

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Do you like The Girl Next Door or Alpha Dog, Joanne?

#761 06 Aug 11 :: 07:20

wel.hume

Is it Charlie Banks you're saying is permanently in you TiVO?  I'm really stuck on that film too.  It's on cable a lot and every time I watch it I discover more layers.  I adore Chris's performance in it, but I love the movie too.  Ritter totally swiped it.

Don't even get me started on Graduation.  I love Carl so much I almost want a "CJ" prison tat on my inner forearm.  Oh, and BTW, if you're interested, I wrote some Carl/Suzie smut too.  It's in the Fan Fic section here.

Yep, Charlie Banks on my Tivo, I haven't seen it in a little while. Chris played such an interesting tough guy, I loved him in that role!

Ah gosh, haha I'd be so down for a CJ tattoo. Lol. Or an Iggy one.

And my goodness did that story hit me. "Why" made me surprise myself of how emotionally drained I could get over ff. Especially when I read that Will and Helen were gone. So painful!

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

Board footer