#1 27 Jul 06 :: 03:04

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

The Education Of Charlie Banks

There are lots of onset reports popping up on IMDb.  Here's one:

i saw chris marquette!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783515/boa … d/46648236

Anne, if this is true, he took the train to work in Providence.  Is that a regular guy, or what?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#2 27 Jul 06 :: 08:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: The Education Of Charlie Banks

Actually, I think I saw that before. Or Anne told me about it, I don't remember. But I'll check it out again when I get home. Yep, regular dude if he took the train. Not that we're really surprised, are we? Martin Lindow also sometimes takes the train, he told me. He's just a regular dude too.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#3 27 Jul 06 :: 15:02

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

You saw it the other week and posted it on the old board, but I saw this already months ago, but I forgot to tell you.
And don't pick on me because of the regular dude thing! I took the train myself for almost four years and he is still NOT a regular dude for me. Can't change this, sorry. It annoys me too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 27 Jul 06 :: 17:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, let me just say that a young man with money taking the train in America shows much more regular dudeness than you non-car-obsessed Europeans taking a train.  Trust me.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5 27 Jul 06 :: 18:24

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I am not a non-car-obsessed European! I like driving my mom's car! I just can`t afford an own car! Hey, maybe he took the train because it's more     environment-friendly than a plane! wink Or maybe he couldn't get a flight ticket anymore. We don't know.

I hugged the Seeker!

#6 28 Jul 06 :: 19:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

More news:

Bizkit singer Durst takes act behind camera

05:53 PM PDT on Friday, June 23, 2006

By MICHAEL JANUSONIS
The Providence Journal

Fred Durst, former lead singer of rock band Limp Bizkit and now a movie director, was ecstatic as he came downstairs in the ornate To Kalon Club on Main Street at the edge of Route 95 in Pawtucket, R.I.

He'd just shot his first scene for the independent film "The Education of Charlie Banks" in a tiny room on the third floor, which was doubling as a college dorm room, and it had gone very well.

"We've got unbelievable footage already," he said.

Marisa Polvino, who is producing the film with partner Michael Corrente from an original screenplay by Peter Elkoff, said she and Durst have been preparing for this day for four weeks. This is the first feature film for Durst, who previously shot the short film "The Truth With Evan Jealous," a movie he wrote, directed and starred in, although "no one has ever seen it," he said, "except for Marisa and Michael."

But the public has seen his music videos, which he has been making for a decade, including "all of Limp Bizkit's videos, a couple for Staind, Puddle of Mudd's first videos, video for Korn and one with Elisha Blue."

Durst, 35, whose arms and upper back are covered with elaborate tattoos, is clearly branching out. In the meantime, he said, "Limp Bizkit is on hiatus. I like to keep it mysterious about whether it's finished or not. It's more fun not to be limited."

"The Education of Charlie Banks" is a coming-of-age story about the young man of the title who goes off to college believing he has left his past -- and a violent bully who he witnessed almost kill two teens -- far behind, only to discover the threatening Mick Leary has turned up on campus, on the lam and needing a place to hide out.

The scenes shot the day before are set in Charlie's dorm room, where he finds Mick. Jesse Eisenberg, who was the older boy in the film "The Squid and the Whale," is Charlie; Jason Ritter, son of the late actor John Ritter, is Mick, and Chris Marquette, seated on a chair with 2-inch-tall blocks under each leg to better bring him into the scene, is Charlie's longtime best friend and college roommate. (Ed: EXCUSE ME??? He's not *that* short, is he?)

Elkoff, who is also the film's executive producer, has been working closely with Polvino and Corrente since they optioned his script six years ago. "Sometimes it becomes 'the director's vision,' " he said, "so I feel incredibly fortunate that I'm here and it's the same movie."

It may be Durst's first feature, but he said confidently, "I'm feeling extremely prepared." He had four weeks of preparation and several hours of rehearsal time with his cast, which includes Eva Amurri, a Brown University student who is Susan Sarandon's daughter. "In music videos, I don't remember ever having more than two days of preparation."

Because the film is being independently financed, Polvino said, "We had the luxury to cast every actor who was perfect for the role, not just a marquee name."

Source

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#7 28 Jul 06 :: 19:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Anne, they're talking about a commuter train around town, not a long distance train like AmTrak.  He would take the train instead of a car, not instead of a plane.

And TeeJay, they didn't necessarily have him on blocks because he's so terrbliy short (5'7" or 8" is not that short).  They said it was to bring him into the shot.  It probably just had something to do with the way they had to frame it in-camera in such a tiny room.  I've seen this done, and the guy was not short at all.  It was just a perspective problem.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#8 28 Jul 06 :: 19:26

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

The scenes shot the day before are set in Charlie's dorm room, where he finds Mick. Jesse Eisenberg, who was the older boy in the film "The Squid and the Whale," is Charlie; Jason Ritter, son of the late actor John Ritter, is Mick, and Chris Marquette, seated on a chair with 2-inch-tall blocks under each leg to better bring him into the scene, is Charlie's longtime best friend and college roommate. (Ed: EXCUSE ME??? He's not *that* short, is he?)

Huuuuuh??? HELLO??? Are they kidding?
But at least it sounds like a bigger part as I expected, which is really great actually. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#9 28 Jul 06 :: 19:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Anne, they're talking about a commuter train around town, not a long distance train like AmTrak.  He would take the train instead of a car, not instead of a plane.

I thought they were talking about a long distance train because the person posted something called "amtrak". You see, my English is not that good, so I misunderstood that.
Besides, I don't care how he travels, I just want him to have a safe trip. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#10 28 Jul 06 :: 19:38

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

And now imagine getting on a tram or train, minding your own business, grumpy as usual because you're on the way to work, you mutter, "Is this seat still vacant?" without paying attention. You sit down and bury your head in your book. And then, just by chance, you look up and sitting opposite you is..... CHRIS! OMG, I think I'd drop my book and turn tomato red. LOL

Yeah, well, it's cool that he takes the train. Regular dude, just like we always said. He'll probably stop doing that when every second person asks him, "Oh, uhm, you're Chris Marquette, aren't you?" So, three big cheers for regular-dude Chris. Man, I wanna know if the towel made its way to its intended destination!

Sisterdebmac wrote:

And TeeJay, they didn't necessarily have him on blocks because he's so terrbliy short (5'7" or 8" is not that short).  They said it was to bring him into the shot.  It probably just had something to do with the way they had to frame it in-camera in such a tiny room.  I've seen this done, and the guy was not short at all.  It was just a perspective problem.

Yeah, see? I know nothing about shooting movies. smile I still think it'll look gigantically stupid to have two-inch blocks under your feet. LOL

Because the film is being independently financed, Polvino said, "We had the luxury to cast every actor who was perfect for the role, not just a marquee name."

So that means they really wanted Chris for the role, huh? That sounds good. Maybe this movie is growing on me. If he's the dude's best friend, I think he'll have at least a fair amount of screentime. Wow, so many new movies. I'm really excited. 2007 is gonna be a big Chris year, I hope.

-TeeJay

#11 28 Jul 06 :: 19:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

And now imagine getting on a tram or train, minding your own business, grumpy as usual because you're on the way to work, you mutter, "Is this seat still vacant?" without paying attention. You sit down and bury your head in your book. And then, just by chance, you look up and sitting opposite you is..... CHRIS! OMG, I think I'd drop my book and turn tomato red. LOL

LOL, me too!

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, well, it's cool that he takes the train. Regular dude, just like we always said. He'll probably stop doing that when every second person asks him, "Oh, uhm, you're Chris Marquette, aren't you?" So, three big cheers for regular-dude Chris. Man, I wanna know if the towel made its way to its intended destination!

Ok, ok, I got it. I have to work on the regular-dude thing. wink

TeeJay wrote:
Sisterdebmac wrote:

Yeah, see? I know nothing about shooting movies. smile I still think it'll look gigantically stupid to have two-inch blocks under your feet. LOL

Me neither. And I think so too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#12 28 Jul 06 :: 21:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I had a feeling this was going to be a juicy role.  Remember back when we first learned of it and you guys were talking about how low down on the list his name appeared in the IMDb credits?  And I said don't worry about that, it's still alphabetical right now, like Fanboys was at first?  When they adjust it ro reflect billing, I bet his name is listed 3rd or 4th.

Speaking of IMDb, have you been there today?  They did another update.  There are now gallery thumbnails on the main actor page.  It's so cool!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#13 15 Aug 06 :: 13:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hey Tina, did you change my signature?
It's F*CKING hilarious!!! Thank you! *LOL*

lol:lol::lol:

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 22 Aug 06 :: 22:09

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

http://location-pics.smugmug.com/

Here is the location pics link. I thought we should have this here, too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#15 26 Aug 06 :: 16:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just finished watching "The Emporer's Club". And why am I posting that here?
Because it has at least three guys in it who filmed already a movie with Chris. It has Emile Hirsch AND Paul Dano (yes, from GND) and Jesse Eisenberg from EOCB. And the best was: There was Patrick Dempsey from Greys's Anatomy and he played the older version of Jesse's character. That was funny. I didn't see any resemblance before. big_smile
Oh, and by the way, Rob Morrow from Numb3rs was also in the movie. Just wanted to mention that. So I had two characters of two of my favorite TV shows in one movie. Great. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 07 Sep 06 :: 23:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Anne wrote to me at work today, having this really weird (and slightly frightening) thought. We thought this movie was supposed to play in the 80's. Someone on IMDb said it was supposed to play in the 70's. If that's true, man, are we gonna see Chris in those awful bell-bottom 70's pants??? Dude, so not cool! But he's probably already sporting the kinda ugly Caesar cut, what more damage can those pants do? wink

But still, I think it would weird me out, seeing him in true 70's clothes. Maybe also one of those hideous shirts with the huuuuge collars and wild and big patterns. <shudders> Boy.... and we thought he'd look crappy in Alpha Dog. LOL So Fanboys is really gonna be some eye-candy, despite the face fuzz. Wonder what's to come next.

-TeeJay

#17 08 Sep 06 :: 01:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Seventies clothes are not that bad when they're authentic.  It's when people make modern mock-ups of them that they really suck.  Also, bell bottoms are kind of back in style with the kiddies these days.  And anything's better than that stupid ass-exposing hip-hop look so many dudes (Adam included) seem to favor these days.  But yeah, I much prefer Linus's rather tight, straight-legged pants.  tongue

And don't worry, you can still count on the baseball uni in Calvin to provide some nice eye-candy.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#18 08 Sep 06 :: 14:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Seventies clothes are not that bad when they're authentic.  It's when people make modern mock-ups of them that they really suck.  Also, bell bottoms are kind of back in style with the kiddies these days.  And anything's better than that stupid ass-exposing hip-hop look so many dudes (Adam included) seem to favor these days.  But yeah, I much prefer Linus's rather tight, straight-legged pants.  tongue

I agree here.

And I am DYING to see him as Calvin!!! Bring that movie out the the theaters soon, please!!!! yikes

I hugged the Seeker!

#19 27 Jan 07 :: 00:06

peek-a-boo

haha 70s clothes are cool cool
I mean i wouldn't be the one wearing them but they can be cool ya know
About that train thing i live like 15 minutes away from stanford that coulda been me ( although why i would be on a train i have no idea)

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#20 29 Jan 07 :: 06:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

OK, scoop on TECB.  Straight from Chris's mouth, it will be making its debut in competition at the Tribeca Film Festival - running this year from April 25 thru May 6.  Stay tuned here for scheduling updates.  We hope all you CM fans in New York City will have a chance to go out and support the movie and this great festival!

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#21 01 Feb 07 :: 17:08

CordyJay

I actually may be able to go to this.  We were planning on going to the Television Without Pity Amazing Race Convention, which will be in NY and should be around that same time.  I'll keep you guys posted.

#22 01 Feb 07 :: 17:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That would be fantastic!  Thanks!  big_smile

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#23 01 Feb 07 :: 21:35

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow yeah, that would be great!

I hugged the Seeker!

#24 09 Feb 07 :: 22:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Found this in the January IFC blog:

Limp Bizkit Fred Durst has recently wrapped shooting of his directorial debut "The Education of Charlie Banks." His lead, Chris Marquette, has only high praise for Durst's skillz as an auteur:

Marquette credits Durst's laid-back style with helping him develop as an actor. "The best advice he gave me was like this," Marquette said. "I was like [raising his voice and jumping up and down], 'OK, Fred, how was that?' [In a calm voice, mimicking Durst] 'Very good.' His confidence was incredible." [Via MTV.]

LOL! Okay, Chris, you're officially a goofball sometimes. smile

And, wait a minute.... LEAD???

Hey, MTV has even more of Chris on their page. Check this out:

Fred Durst An 'Insanely Calm' Director, Says Star Of His Film Debut

Chris Marquette recalls 'great music, great stories' on set of 'The Education of Charlie Banks.'

By Shawn Adler

Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is best known for his powerful musical arrangements and angry persona. But it seems he's taking a different approach to becoming a director.

According to Chris Marquette ("The Girl Next Door") — star of Durst's debut film, "The Education of Charlie Banks" — the controversial rocker was downright mellow behind the camera.

"He was really personable and insanely calm," the 22-year-old actor recalled. "We did all our prep work, and when we got to the set he just let it go. It was cool."

Marquette credits Durst's laid-back style with helping him develop as an actor. "The best advice he gave me was like this," Marquette said. "I was like [raising his voice and jumping up and down], 'OK, Fred, how was that?' [In a calm voice, mimicking Durst] 'Very good.' His confidence was incredible."

"The Education of Charlie Banks" follows three New Yorkers, played by Marquette, Jason Ritter and Jesse Eisenberg, who reunite at Vassar College after a turbulent youth.

"I play Danny, this street-talking wise guy who grew up below 14th Street in New York," Marquette said. "He grew up with the harder kids, but his parents were really rich, so he's trying to put on this whole facade. It's bullsh--, to be honest."

Durst's jump behind the camera for a theatrical release has long been rumored (see "Fred Durst: The Next Martin Scorsese?"). The director of many of his band's most famous videos, Durst has been attached to a number of movie projects. He was offered the chance to helm "Lords of Dogtown," for example — but turned it down.

The wait was worth it, argues Marquette, who says Durst's life experiences helped foster a rollicking work environment. "It was a ball, a madhouse. Really great music, great stories," Marquette said. "That guy's got more unbelievable stories than anyone I've ever met."

Just not stories the actor can share.

"He doesn't have any PG stories, not at all," Marquette laughed, adding, "It's Fred Durst!"

"The Education of Charlie Banks" does not yet have a release date.

Wow! This is more about the movie and Chris's role in it than we've ever heard before, right? Awesome!

-TeeJay

#25 09 Feb 07 :: 23:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yep, that's fantastic!  You should copy it over to the TECB IMDb board.  I wonder when they interviewed Chris about the movie. Sounds like recently.  Maybe it was during the Alpha Dog promo stuff.  Wow.

Just the fact that it's going to be in competition at Tribeca makes me feel much more confident about its chances of being a really good movie.  Man, what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall at that festival!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer