#451 23 Jul 08 :: 21:06

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Road Trippin'

Tina sent me a short message yesterday. She arrived safely in Scotland and is having a good time. She said I have to say Hi to you from her.

I hugged the Seeker!

#452 24 Jul 08 :: 07:56

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's awesome! I hope she has an amazing trip!!!

#453 28 Jul 08 :: 18:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks, guys! I did indeed have an amazing trip. Have to sort through all the pictures before I can post them, there's a LOT of them. My head's still filled with all the great images of luscious green scenery and rocky cliffs, I think I'm still on overdrive. I'm trying to catch up what's been going on since I was away, so bear with me for the next few days.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#454 29 Jul 08 :: 21:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Didn't you get my SMS????

I hugged the Seeker!

#455 29 Jul 08 :: 21:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yes, of course I got your SMS. I was gonna talk to you about it. Just give me a few days to get back in the game. I got home very late on Sunday and went to work straight away on Monday. It's just been a little hectic.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#456 30 Jul 08 :: 23:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I finally managed to upload my Scotland photos. Be warned, there's a LOT. smile Here you go:
http://www.chris-marquette.com/stuff/Sc … thumb.html

-TeeJay

#457 31 Jul 08 :: 04:38

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

You took a lot of beautiful pictures, TJ. There's soo many to look at. You should be a photographer.  = ]

#458 31 Jul 08 :: 08:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks. smile And I already cut them down from almost 600 to just over 300, there are a few that Constanze and Anja took in there as well, mainly those that I am on. I'm thinking about buying an SLR camera, these were all taken with my Canon Powershot (which I still really like). But you can do so much more with an SLR camera. However, there's two disadvantages: 1) It's really expensive to buy and 2) it's quite bulky to carry around. Let's see. Maybe next year after I get my yearly bonus payment...

-TeeJay

#459 08 Aug 08 :: 20:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I just finished with my Scotland photobook. I put together a book that I'm going to have printed of what I think are the best photos from my Scotland trip. If you wanna take a look, this is where you can find screencaps:

http://www.chris-marquette.com/stuff/Sc … thumb.html

The text will probably be too small to read, but I didn't want to make the pictures too large because otherwise you won't be able to see them on a small resolution screen. If anyone is really interested, I can upload the larger pics somewhere too. Let me know.

-TeeJay

#460 08 Aug 08 :: 21:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow, this is awesome. Great work, Tina!
I wanna do that with my next trip too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#461 09 Aug 08 :: 18:17

Donna

Beautiful shots TJ!

#462 22 Aug 08 :: 21:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

My passport is ready, now we really have to go to LA!

I hugged the Seeker!

#463 22 Aug 08 :: 23:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Sssssssshhhhhhh!  Let's not jinx it until we've ironed everything out, OK?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#464 20 Sep 08 :: 11:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's some pics from my short business trip to Vienna last Sunday and Monday. These pics were taken on Sunday evening, the weather wasn't great and it was getting dark, so they're not great. But I think they show how beautiful a city Vienna is. I wish I could have seen more of it and in more detail.

IMG_3475_resize.jpg

IMG_3478_resize.jpg

IMG_3479_resize.jpg

IMG_3480_resize.jpg

IMG_3481_resize.jpg

IMG_3482_resize.jpg

IMG_3483_resize.jpg

IMG_3485_resize.jpg

IMG_3487_resize.jpg

IMG_3488_resize.jpg

IMG_3489_resize.jpg

IMG_3490_resize.jpg

IMG_3491_resize.jpg

IMG_3492_resize.jpg

IMG_3493_resize.jpg

IMG_3494_resize.jpg

IMG_3495_resize.jpg

IMG_3496_resize.jpg

IMG_3497_resize.jpg

IMG_3498_resize.jpg

IMG_3500_resize.jpg

IMG_3501_resize.jpg

-TeeJay

#465 20 Sep 08 :: 12:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Beautiful pictures, Tina.
I always wanted to go to Vienna, maybe we can make a trip together sometime.

I hugged the Seeker!

#466 20 Sep 08 :: 19:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I've never seen so much beautiful statuary in one place in my life.  Love the Mozart statue.  big_smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#467 20 Sep 08 :: 20:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Vienna is packed with beautiful buildings. It's unbelievable. This was only a fraction of what I saw. I'm sure it'll be even more memorable when you go there and actually know what you're looking at. Like, know the history of the buildings. You should have seen the Peterskirche from the inside. The ceiling is completely painted. It was the most impressing thing I've seen inside a church. Although I'm sure there's churches with even more impressive artwork out there. This is what I'm talking about (photo not by me):

f_kuppelfresko.jpg

-TeeJay

#468 20 Sep 08 :: 20:56

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Very cool.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#469 20 Sep 08 :: 21:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow, this looks great. It's almost better than the Sistine Chapel.

I hugged the Seeker!

#470 21 Sep 08 :: 08:40

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Fantastic pictures! Vienna looks beautiful!!!

#471 22 Sep 08 :: 00:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Almost forgot to mention this. I'm off to Canada tomorrow. I'll be in Toronto from Mon to Wed and in Kingston from Wed to Thu. Flying back on Thu, so I'll be home on Fri. It's another business trip, so it won't all be fun. And the timing's a little off, seeing how I'm flying back to the States five days later. Oh well, I'll just try to go to bed late to try to avoid too much of a jet lag body time mess-up after I get back to Germany. Photos to follow (of the sights, not of my body).

I'm taking the work laptop, so there's a good chance I'll drop in on you every now and then. Be warned! tongue

-TeeJay

#472 22 Sep 08 :: 00:53

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

(of the sights, not of my body)

:rofl:

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#473 22 Sep 08 :: 05:37

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Have an awesome time, TJ!  big_smile

#474 22 Sep 08 :: 22:29

irina

tee jay your schedule sounds very tiresome. i hope you can manage to get some rest.

i like the pictures of viena very much. i only spent 2 days in viena and they were not even consecutive sad  and i one of them rained like crazy. still it left me with the impression the it is a city worth visiting.
here is a silly pic of me in my very cold and rainy day in viena big_smile
img1059cf0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Last edited by irina (22 Sep 08 :: 22:29)

#475 23 Sep 08 :: 00:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Have arrived safely in Toronto. Unfortunately, the hotel isn't in such a nice location. I'll make sure to make a trip downtown on Wednesday morning when I have some more time. Right now I'm just tired and looking forward to watching Prison Break on TV later tonight.

Here's the quite unspectacular view from my hotel room:

Toronto_01.jpg

Toronto_02.jpg

What's kinda cool, though, is that there's a huge AMC outside my hotel (other than the IKEA). And they're showing the second Sisterhood movie, so I'm gonna try and watch it tomorrow night.

-TeeJay

Board footer