#626 28 Feb 10 :: 01:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Road Trippin'

I'm gonna be road trippin' in a whole new ride from today onwards. Guys, meet Jake:

Jake.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#627 28 Feb 10 :: 08:33

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I like your new car, TJ. Very nice.  wink

#628 28 Feb 10 :: 09:03

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

What is it?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#629 28 Feb 10 :: 10:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

A Mazda 3. I've been talking about wanting one for about two years now. big_smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#630 28 Feb 10 :: 20:32

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, they're very cute.  I like them.  For some reason last night, I just couldn't recall what the logo on the front was.  Doh!  My lease is up this year and I am DONE with Honda.  I'm looking for a hatchback this time too.  But then, I also like the Ford Fusion.   Unfortunately, with the bankruptcy, it might be hard to find a good deal.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#631 28 Feb 10 :: 21:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I've driven a Ford Fusion a few times when I still worked for my old company. And to be honest, I hated it. As did most of my colleagues. Whenever we had the Fusion as a rental car, everyone kept hoping they wouldn't get it. The newer models may be different (and better), this was, after all, five or six years ago. It was mainly that it felt so cheap. The interior seemed very low-budget and it was very sluggish when driving it. And whenever you went over a 160 kph, the head wind would make it whistle. It was such an annoying car, and not at all fun to drive. Of course we had high standards then too. We usually drove Audi A3, which are excellent. (And way expensive.)

But... isn't the Fusion a hatchback? Hm, I'm looking at the US Ford site, and the Fusion they have is totally different from the Fusion I drove. So maybe we're talking about different cars here... This is the one I mean:

01262-gross.jpg

Mazda also has a smaller model, the Mazda 2. It's also really cute, but I wanted something a little bigger than Jane.

-TeeJay

#632 28 Feb 10 :: 21:48

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No, that's not the Fusion over here.  That thing looks like a piece of crap.

The Fusion as it is here, now is a 2010 car of the year winner.  It's a small coupe and it's very, very nice:

2010-Ford-Fusion-Sport.jpg

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#633 28 Feb 10 :: 21:50

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep, it looks way nicer than the one I'm talking about. And it looks fun to drive. Apparently the Mazda 2 will only be sold in the US from summer 2010 onwards. Figures. Why would anyone in your country want anything smaller than the Mazda 3? wink

That thing looks like a piece of crap.

That's because it is.

-TeeJay

#634 01 Mar 10 :: 20:50

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Great new ride, TeeJay!  I love it!  Aren't you excited?  Gotta love that new car smell.  I'm sure you & Jake will have a lot of great adventures together.

#635 01 Mar 10 :: 22:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep, I'm excited, now that I have him! It's not a new-new car, it's a year old, but it only has a mileage of 3000 km (~1900 miles). It still smells new. Somehow I can't believe that it's really my car now. smile I registered my license plates today (it only had temporary ones before), so now it's really mine. I kept my old license ID, which is ME - TJ 2401 (ME is the region I live in, stands for Mettmann -- the TJ 2401 part is personalized).

-TeeJay

#636 02 Mar 10 :: 10:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

No more Jane? yikes

I hugged the Seeker!

#637 02 Mar 10 :: 15:37

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Nope. Jane will have to find a new owner now...

-TeeJay

#638 02 Mar 10 :: 23:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Poor Jane. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#639 02 Mar 10 :: 23:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Now you're making me feel guilty about selling her. sad

-TeeJay

#640 07 Mar 10 :: 23:21

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I took a little trip today to a place called Sinneswald (Senses Forest). I've been there before, they always have some kind of exhibition of weird-ass sculptures. Of course I took photos, so if anyone's interested, start with this photo and move forward for the latest photos. Stay tuned for the self-portrait at the end. tongue

http://teejay.bplaced.net/gallery/displ … =22&pos=52

Some of the sculptures may be reminiscent of the art of one Adam Rove. smile

-TeeJay

#641 16 Mar 10 :: 07:12

Warbee
Unchallenged

For those of you that were around the message board a few months ago you may remember my rambles about visiting the US. Well its really happening. I applied and have a placement at a Girl Scout Camp in Wisconsin. I will be there 3 months from May 16 till Aug 17. After that so far the plan/want to do is Chicago, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Savannah, Louiville, Memphis, Nashville, Miami, New Orleans, Dallas, Austin, Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle. From there its heading north into Canada. Vancouver, Jasper, Winnipeg, Toronto, Niagra Falls, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. After which I will fly into Europe. London, Bath, Oxford, Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Inverness, Glasgow, Dublin, Blarney, Belfast, Kilkenny, Cardiff, Bruges, Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Munich, Zurich, Lucerne, Venice, Verona, Florence, Tuscany, Rome, Pisa, Nice, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Casablanca, Bordeaux, Paris.

HAHAHA If you couldn't tell this is going to be a massively expensive and long trip and I am SO excited to begin in 2 months time! I plan to be finished by Feb 20 next year. I may have to miss some of the places that I have listed but this is the ultimate list which I am going to try and do and see everything. I also plan to be visiting both Deb and Moon while in Atlanta, and Breeza in California. I would LOVE to visit more of you if I have the chance  TeeJay and Samsy where abouts in Germany are you from???

I would also appreciate any tips or comments about the places I plan to visit. Something I have overlooked or something that is overrated. I am so excited right now. Almost wanting to go home and pack, but that's just silly 2 months out.

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#642 16 Mar 10 :: 08:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sounds awesome, Kate. I'm wicked jealous!!! Unfortunately, I don't think we can meet. I live neither near Berlin nor near Munich. I live near Cologne and Samsy near Stuttgart. Sounds like you're not gonna be anywhere within a three hour radius of either of us. The closest to Cologne you listed is Brussels, but that's still a three hour drive from here.

-TeeJay

#643 16 Mar 10 :: 15:42

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

So cool that you finally got it scheduled!  Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of company this year.  Leesey's also coming to Atlanta for a visit.  Who knows?  She might even overlap with you and Thea.  We can have a little Dorquette gathering!  LOL!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#644 17 Mar 10 :: 01:38

Warbee
Unchallenged

I still have a fair bit of leeway in my travels. I am trying to not have anything set in stone. I like to have a framework and solid IDEA of what I want to do. But Cologne was one of those places that I wanted to see if I had time but unsure if I could fit it in. I actually have a friend originally from Melbourne living in Bremen at the moment that I wanted to visit but because I told him the rough timing would be around Christmas this year, that was also the time that he was planning on travelling. Its still 9 months away right now. I would love the opportunity to travel the world catching up with Dorquettes though! I will have my laptop with me throughout my travels so I will no doubt be keeping everyone posted.

-- Kate

KissChasy

#645 17 Mar 10 :: 05:13

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Thats awesome Katie! I hope you have an amazing time!
I live in Georgia about an hour away or so from Deb. We should meet!  smile

#646 17 Mar 10 :: 05:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

When Thea and Kate are here, we will FIND A WAY to meet, Mel.  But you're actually about 90 minutes from me.  Still, it's do-able.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#647 17 Mar 10 :: 05:18

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Alright. That'd be great.  big_smile

#648 17 Mar 10 :: 06:14

Warbee
Unchallenged

That would be brilliant Mel. smile Should be such a good gathering!

-- Kate

KissChasy

#649 17 Mar 10 :: 09:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If you do get to go to Cologne, I'd love to meet with you, Kate. It's only a 30-minute drive from where I live. And I'd show you around (even though I don't really know Cologne). Bremen is a whole other part of Germany, though. Berlin, Cologne, Munich and Bremen are pretty much the four opposite corners of Germany.

#650 18 Mar 10 :: 00:25

Warbee
Unchallenged

Ha! Cant make things too easy for me wink There is SO much that I want to do but only so much that time and money I can afford.

-- Kate

KissChasy

Board footer