#951 16 Aug 12 :: 02:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Road Trippin'

Sometimes the cheapest flight in the US is ATL - LAX.   Like a hundred bucks each way.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#952 16 Aug 12 :: 05:16

EOcean214
Dorquette

I'm in smile  wherever it may be smile

Lindsey

#953 16 Aug 12 :: 05:39

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

As long as we have enough notice to put something together, I can probably make it.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#954 18 Aug 12 :: 04:44

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Me too Deb!

#955 25 Aug 12 :: 23:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Off to Spain tomorrow morning. Another business trip until Thu. So be good and behave, fellow Dorquettes.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#956 25 Aug 12 :: 23:51

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Your life is so boring.   tongue

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#957 26 Aug 12 :: 22:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LOL! I know, right? I mean, this trip is actually kind of nice because a) I'm going with Hellen, and b) we flew out on Sunday morning so that we had a whole afternoon today to spend in Barcelona, but, really, often these business trip aren't exciting or pleasant at all. Of the five days we're here, we'll be spending three of them cooped up in (possibly window-less and cramped) hospital rooms, checking documents all day until our eyes start crossing. That part is neither fun nor entertaining. We're also visiting three cities all over the country in five days, so traveling is part of the equation. It's not all fun, you know? wink

Still, today was nice, although it was pretty hot weather, and it's only gonna get hotter (lower 90's). Having spent half a day walking through various parts of Barcelona, I have to say, it's a beautiful city, but I'd take Edinburgh, Vienna or Copenhagen over Spain any day. But that's of course all personal preference.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#958 26 Aug 12 :: 23:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I know there's work involved.  But when you get to see something of the place you're visiting, that's pretty special.  Look at all of the places you've gotten to go.  Pretty dang cool, even if they weren't all pleasure trips.   smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#959 27 Aug 12 :: 01:40

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I have relatives and ancestors in Spain from my dads mothers side. Never been yet. You lucky girl TJ!!

#960 28 Aug 12 :: 18:35

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

My parents like Spain a lot. Me, not so much, somehow. I'd rather go to Copenhagen, too. And this is what I am planning to do once I can afford a vacation trip.

I hugged the Seeker!

#961 29 Aug 12 :: 03:09

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Me I just want to travel anywhere fun and fees-able.

#962 01 Sep 12 :: 16:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I would love to do a road trip through the US and visit all you great people and some other ones.

I hugged the Seeker!

#963 02 Sep 12 :: 02:29

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Ive been to about half US states. I want to go to Europe!!

#964 05 Sep 12 :: 00:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

We should swap places for a while. lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#965 05 Sep 12 :: 04:37

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I would love to live in Europe!! :]

#966 28 Oct 12 :: 01:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Off to Lithuania tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be back on Wednesday night. It's a business trip, and the weather isn't supposed to be great there (plus really cold), so please refrain from wishing me to have fun. tongue

-TeeJay

#967 28 Oct 12 :: 03:02

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Have great time!

#968 21 Mar 13 :: 14:37

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Holy crap. Ralf and I just booked flights to Canada. I can't believe it's actually happening. It'll be a two week trip at the end of September, and it's going to be Toronto and Ontario. Eeeeee! Can't wait!

-TeeJay

#969 22 Mar 13 :: 00:56

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's really pretty up there in Ontario.  Very clean, lots of flowers.  And the people are SO NICE.  I hope you have a great time.  I haven't been to Toronto, but I have been to Windsor, Stratford & Niagara Falls.  Loved them all.  Stratford is gorgeous.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#970 22 Mar 13 :: 16:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I've been to Toronto and Kingston on business before. I think it was 2007. And as with most business trips, I didn't really get to see such a lot. We only had an hour to spare in Toronto, so I've seen the bottom of the CN Tower and some of that area, but it wasn't anything spectacular. So I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it, since I've always wanted to return there.

Not sure yet we're gonna go to Stratford. I've been contemplating it (you know, Stratford Festival and all, and Geraint Wyn Davies and Kate Hennig are performing), but it looks like we won't really have time for that. Unless the weather turns out really shitty, then perhaps it could be an alternative. Niagara Falls is definitely on the agenda.

There's also going to be some geekery, as I'm hoping to meet up with fellow Bomb Girls fans in the area. And there will be location scouting too, since ReGenesis was shot in Toronto, and there's the odd exterior location I want to stake out. That should be fun! It's also entirely possible I can meet with the ReGenesis composer, though I don't know if he was serious when he first said I should let him know if I was ever in the area. We shall see.

I was also hoping maybe I could score a set visit to the set of Bomb Girls, since I've had a number of really nice e-mail conversations with the show's creator (who is quite active online), and who's actually proactively asked me to help with something once. But, well, looks like my street cred was heavily overestimated, since he basically told me they don't do that and even if they did, he couldn't help me. I'm sure he could if he wanted, so that's that.

I mean, I can surely understand they don't just let any random fan on set who asks, but come on. I've been heavily promoting the show online ever since Day 1. I've been writing reviews for every episode, I've been posting season premiere countdowns, I've been organizing Twitter trending sessions to help the show get renewed, and I'm constantly answering fan questions on the official Facebook because no one else does. I'd have to lie if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed that it seems like I'm just another voice among the fandom masses whom you can ask for help when you need it. And to top it off, yeah, they "don't do that", except there's these two amateur Canadian bloggers whom they gave a tour of the set last year. *sigh*

That said, what would be the absolute icing on the cake is if I could somehow finagle an interview with Peter Outerbridge. I know the agency that represents him in Toronto, and I think I found an e-mail address how to contact them, so that's going to be my first try. I could theoretically also message his wife via Facebook, although I would really, really not want to have to go that route. Though perhaps if all else fails, I might just be desperate enough to try. I really hate that Facebook doesn't alert you anymore when messages from people outside your friends list get sent to you, so it's also entirely possible she might not even read my message. Either way, cross your fingers for me, will ya?

-TeeJay

#971 23 Mar 13 :: 01:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Will do.  I hope you are able to get your geek on big time.  Elaine and I saw a play about Joan of Arc at the Stratford theater.  It was really cool.  Definitely a nice back-up plan, if it turns out you need one.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#972 23 Mar 13 :: 05:00

EOcean214
Dorquette

have fun Teejay!  Hope it works out for you! I've always wanted to go to Canada!

Lindsey

#973 23 Mar 13 :: 07:11

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I've always wanted to go to Canada! Great festivals and concerts! I'd love to go this summer to a festival Marilyn Manson, Alice Cooper, and Lamb Of God will be at

#974 30 Mar 13 :: 01:59

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My friend Elaine said friends of hers had turned her on to Bomb Girls.  I didn't know it was playing on the Reelz Channel, which I have.  I watched the first couple of eps of S2 Wednesday night.  I really enjoyed it.  I could see getting addicted to this one.  I love that time period and it's very well done and compelling.  Plus, I've been a Meg Tilly fan since the 80's and she's terrific in it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#975 30 Mar 13 :: 23:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep, Reelz is currently airing season 2. Two new episodes every Wednesday. Global in Canada is also airing season 2 right now, but on a slightly different schedule. I currently know up to episode 2x07. Unfortunately Outerbridge's role isn't exactly loveable in this one, but it's been a while since he actually played something other than either a jerk, a criminal or a creep. *sigh* I love the show overall, though, not just the parts that he's in.

-TeeJay

Board footer