#976 24 Jun 13 :: 19:05

EOcean214
Dorquette

Re: Road Trippin'

I'm looking forward to an unexpected trip to Santa Fe Wednesday.  It's in the upper 60s, better than the upper 90s here!

Lindsey

#977 25 Jun 13 :: 01:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Sounds great!  I've always wanted to go there.  Hope you have a blast!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#978 27 Jun 13 :: 23:28

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I'm actually road tripping right now. Sometimes, the journey really isn't as much fun as the destination. and the bar was actually pretty low considering I traveled 800 km to visit family members for two weeks. surprisingly, so far meeting the family has been a pleasant thing despite my alcoholic mother having her drink on. the road tripping was a pain in the back. seriously, I threw my back carrying the bags. uh..  it was so awesome to meet my friend for a couple of days. her baby was so cute!  big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#979 28 Jun 13 :: 01:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I need a trip.  I've been nowhere for so long!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#980 01 Jul 13 :: 00:37

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I wish I had vacation a place out of town to go. could happen on next birthday though

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#981 05 Jul 13 :: 17:59

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I've been tripping since the tuesday of last week and seems I'll be home just around the 2 week mark. so far my trip has been from Home (Tornio) to Oulu (2,5 hour bus ride) to visit my bestie S and her little fam for two days which is where I threw my back walking around town with my hefty bags. Then I took a 6 hour train trip to Tampere which is about 800km from home. loooong and boring trip. couldn't even take my laptop out so I just rested my eyes. then my mom and sis came to pick me up and we drove an hour to my mom's tiny town. I spent two nights there and one visiting my big sis and niece 10km away. then I went back to Tampere to visit another friend (E and her two kids). That was only supposed to last two days until I got my kids but I ended up staying there 2 days with the kids too. then we got back to my big sis's place. we were supposed to go to my other sister's home but first night was inconvenient and then yesterday they had a belly bug so we stayed here for another night. now my younger big sis will come pick us up right after she's done with her stables. we'll spend the rest of the trip there or I might go to mom's for one night if the kids are ok to stay alone with my sis. the giant music festival of that tiny town is going to start on saturday and end on monday. we originally planned to go home on monday but might be able to push that to tuesday. it's going to be so weird going home since the kids have to go to J right away.

so far the trip has been just great despite of the weather and my back. I would have never believed I could have fun visiting family and friends. that oughta tell you something about my past trips.. lol

Last edited by CappuGirl (05 Jul 13 :: 18:02)

joa219crysig.jpg

#982 15 Jul 13 :: 19:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Should have mentioned this sooner, but I'm actually in Yorkshire right now, online only via smartphone. It's absolutely beautiful, and we're staying until Sunday. Here's a little taste of the view from down the road of our vacation home.

BPKrmbSCcAA0K_e.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#983 16 Jul 13 :: 05:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Wow, that's gorgeous.  Have a wonderful time.   big_smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#984 16 Jul 13 :: 17:48

EOcean214
Dorquette

Beautiful Teejay!  Enjoy your time there!

Wish I had travelled more this summer, next summer I'm definitely planning more trips!

Lindsey

#985 21 Jul 13 :: 22:22

pegghead
Unchallenged

Breathtaking Teejay!!! Beautiful shot :-)

#986 23 Aug 13 :: 20:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

I need a trip.  I've been nowhere for so long!

Me too. My vacation starts the week after next, but I'm not going anywhere. I hope to catch up with the internet, though. I know I've been MIA here since forever, but work keeps me so busy, all I wanna do when I get home is fall into my bed and sleep. And I can only do facebook from my phone.  sad

That's a beautiful picture, TeeJay, thanks for sharing.

I hugged the Seeker!

#987 29 Sep 13 :: 22:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Back from Canada. Totally beat after a crappy overnight flight, but happy since the vacation was fantastic, and I met several really wonderful people. First and foremost, with the help of author Maureen Jennings, I landed the jackpot, cause.... I met with Peter Outerbridge! We basically just hung out at a very laid back café for two hours, and geeked out over ReGenesis, Sherlock and Star Trek. He's super nice and so much fun to talk to!

Of course I have photos, and I'm gonna write up something longer eventually, but I wanted to share this with you guys. That same day I also got to speak to the creator of ReGenesis and in the evening we had dinner with two (minor-ish) Bomb Girls actors (Gabe Grey and Carlyn Burchell) and one of the co-creators (Michael MacLennan). It was such a great trip, and of course the rest of Canada was fabulous too. I also got to visit some of the ReGenesis locations I had staked out before we went, including the building they used as the exterior for the lab. (Which is oddly also used as the police headquarters in Cracked.)

TinaPeterO_02.jpg

PS: I can't believe this actually all happened. Meeting Chris was already super cool and very special, and this was just as special, if maybe not a little more special cause it wasn't an official interview or anything. Just us talking over coffee. Every fangirl's dream.  yikes

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#988 30 Sep 13 :: 02:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Damn, that's fantastic!  I know you're completely over the moon and will be riding that high for a while!  I look forward to reading more of the details in whatever you write up.   big_smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#989 30 Sep 13 :: 04:52

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

wow cool i love when people i know have chance seeing celebs! i hope you have chance seeing him again

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#990 02 Oct 13 :: 00:09

EOcean214
Dorquette

Thanks for sharing Teejay!  So glad you had a great time!

Lindsey

#991 02 Oct 13 :: 16:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Congratulations! I actually still don't know who Peter Outerbridge is, but I guess I was feeling similar when I met Peter Dinklage in London, and I didn't even have coffee with him. lol Plus, Finn Jones recognized me from last year's RingCon. I did not expect he would.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer