#1 29 Jul 06 :: 15:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thru The Moebius Strip

I think I may know why this movie was never released. Apparently, its distributor, Senator International declared insolvency in 2004. At least their website (which is German, because Senator is a German company) said so. It also said something about cancelling the insolvency trial in 2006, and they are still releasing movies. But that may play a role in why this movie suddenly disappeared. Man, I really wish we could see this movie. I watched the trailers with Lars last night and I wanna hear Chris as Jac! I loved "Final Fantasy", and this movie seems along the same lines.

Let's hope for a release in 2007.......

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 15 Aug 06 :: 13:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Thru The Moebius Strip

You know how much I wanna hear Chris as Jac ... I once drove my friend Nathalie crazy because I loved so much how he says: "He's missing Mom, that means he can be found." LOL
Well, we can hope for a release but I think this will stay withful thinking.

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 22 Nov 06 :: 23:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Didn't you say, Anne and Deb, how you'd rather watch the Moebius movie instead of the early Disney voice-work Chris did? Well, you can. If you can speak Chinese... tongue I downloaded the movie. Unfortunately, it's dubbed in Chinese and not English (which I only found out after the fact, but kinda expected already). I don't think it's available in English, actually. There seems to be a Chinese version out there on DVD somewhere (with no English language version, I'm guessing) and I think I also saw something in Russian. No English, though. Darn! Why won't they release it, at least on DVD! There is a market out there for this. People at the Trek-Dinner have been talking to me about it when I mentioned it, and they have nothing to do with Chris.

Hellooooo??? Movie or DVD or studio types!! We want this movie released as an English version DVD!!!!

PS: The Chinese voice of Jac sounds like he's in his late twenties or early thirties. I dare say Chris did a waaaaay better job!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 22 Nov 06 :: 23:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Didn't you say, Anne and Deb, how you'd rather watch the Moebius movie instead of the early Disney voice-work Chris did? Well, you can. If you can speak Chinese... tongue

Well, you forgot that the Chinese version is not Chris's voice ... ok, no, you didn't forget, in fact you said this yourself in the same post. So you're contrary to yourself. tongue

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 22 Nov 06 :: 23:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I said you can watch the movie, not hear Chris's voice. tongue

-TeeJay

#6 22 Nov 06 :: 23:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

No thanks, if I wanna hear cats meowing, I rather listen to Momo. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 23 Nov 06 :: 03:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No thanks, if I wanna hear cats meowing, I rather listen to Momo.

OMG! That made me laugh so hard and I have no idea what it means.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#8 23 Nov 06 :: 08:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Momo is a German novel by Michael Ende, the guy who wrote The Neverending Story (which I both love). In the book, Momo is a little girl. But I think Anne is talking about a cat named Momo, right?

-TeeJay

#9 23 Nov 06 :: 20:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, right. I also love the novel(s) by Michael Ende, that's the reason why I called my (former) cat "Momo".
Here's a pic:
971280.jpg
Yeah, she likes to sit in boxes. LOL
She now lives with our old neighbors, we couldn't take her with us in our new home five years ago. She's 16 years now, but she's still as fit as a younger cat. I miss her soooo much. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#10 27 Jan 07 :: 00:34

peek-a-boo

i want to see this movie soo bad cuz it has double the fun for me (voice wise of course)
it has chris(yay) and then my first ever celeb crush from when i was like 5 years old Jonathan Taylor Thomas (sighhh)

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#11 27 Jan 07 :: 00:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I wanna see it so badly for the fact that I think it's gonna be really cool even without the voicework meaning something more to me. I really liked Final Fantasy, and this is gonna be something similar, at least from the looks of it. Michael Dorn and Mark Hamill also did voicework for the English version.

But I've kinda given up hope that we'll ever get to see it. It was slated for a 2005 release and it has kinda dropped off the face of the earth since then. Apparently, it was released on DVD in China, but I guess that's only the Chinese language version (and I've heard some of it, Jac's voice sounds nothing like Chris's in Chinese!!). I wish someone would come along and put it out on DVD. Like so many of Chris's other indies that have been lying unpublished for WAY too long.

Sorry if I'm being so negative (Deb would whack me for it), but how can you not get frustrated when you know Chris has so much finished stuff out there which we just don't know if it'll ever come out?

-TeeJay

#12 27 Jan 07 :: 04:50

peek-a-boo

I'm kinda hoping they will save em and release em all at once so i can throw a chris Party cool

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#13 27 Jan 07 :: 11:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Sorry if I'm being so negative (Deb would whack me for it), but how can you not get frustrated when you know Chris has so much finished stuff out there which we just don't know if it'll ever come out?

I know what you mean ... hmm

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 16 Aug 08 :: 21:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I just realized that Thru The Moebius Strip is out on DVD in the Netherlands. In English. Doesn't seem to be available elsewhere except Asia, though. How weird. The best thing is: I just bought a copy on the Dutch eBay. And it was just 11 EUR including postage. (For those who don't know what I'm on about, it's a Chinese animated sci-fi movie from 2005 in which Chris dubbed one of the main characters.)

Will let you know if it's worth watching when I have it. Haven't heard a lot of good things about it, but I'm totally willing to give it a try. I think Mark Hamill and Michael Dorn did voicework on it too.

d9d9_1.JPG

Oh, and by the way... I just found out I actually have the 7th Heaven episode with Chris on my computer as DivX AVI file. Anja gave it to me a while ago since she has the whole show on her computer. Oops. Must have forgotten about that.

-TeeJay

#15 16 Aug 08 :: 23:21

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Looks kind of interesting.

That cover looks so much better than the one I found while doing a google shopping search.

8801961__101.jpg

I did a search on dvdempire & amazon.com and it's not available in region 1.

#16 16 Aug 08 :: 23:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's awesome on both counts, TeeJay. big_smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#17 16 Aug 08 :: 23:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I like the Dutch cover better too. Apparently the Dutch one is also a special edition in a steel case. I'm kinda curious what it'll look like.

-TeeJay

#18 17 Aug 08 :: 00:03

Illinoisguy1
Banned

We call them Steelbook's here. I have a few in my collection.

I really check to make sure they are perfect before buying a dvd that comes in one. Especially for dents.

I have only one film in a tin box and that's the special edition of Forbidden Planet. I paid over $30 for it, but it was well worth it.

#19 17 Aug 08 :: 00:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I don't care if the box is dentend as long as the DVD inside is okay. wink

-TeeJay

#20 17 Aug 08 :: 00:12

Illinoisguy1
Banned

I'm very picky about the cases.

Everything has to be perfect. No dents, scratches. I even shake the case to make sure the dvd isn't loose. I also look at the paper insert artwork to make sure that when I remove the security tape around the case that it won't ruin the artwork at all.

But of course that's for brand new dvds. If I buy something used I basically forgive it because it's usually such a bargain.

#21 17 Aug 08 :: 00:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I totally understand. You're a true collector. I mainly care for the content. Of course it's nice if the case looks great. I wouldn't want a steelbook with lots of dents either, but since this one's gonna come via eBay, I don't have a lot of control over it. If it has a dent, I'll live with it. I'm not about to put it on display...

-TeeJay

#22 17 Aug 08 :: 01:26

Illinoisguy1
Banned

I've bought dvds off of ebay as well, some were used as well. Of course there was no way of knowing in some cases. Some were even ex-rentals with stickers on the case/dvd.

As you said there isn't anything you can do about it and kind of have to live with it.

I just mentioned about the dents and all regarding new dvds and that I pay close attention to it. Used is completely different case especially when buying off ebay as it's impossible to physically inspect it before buying.

#23 22 Aug 08 :: 17:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Got the Moebius Strip DVD today. It didn't come in a steelbook, just a normal DVD case. But that's okay, the eBay seller didn't say it was a steelbook. I just assumed there would only be one edition in the Netherlands. And I don't mind a plastic case, I didn't buy this one for the collector's value. Well, I did in a way, but not for the packaging and look of the DVD, more for the content. smile

More when I've seen the movie.

-TeeJay

#24 22 Aug 08 :: 19:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

I just realized that Thru The Moebius Strip is out on DVD in the Netherlands. In English. Doesn't seem to be available elsewhere except Asia, though. How weird. The best thing is: I just bought a copy on the Dutch eBay. And it was just 11 EUR including postage. (For those who don't know what I'm on about, it's a Chinese animated sci-fi movie from 2005 in which Chris dubbed one of the main characters.)

Oh, and by the way... I just found out I actually have the 7th Heaven episode with Chris on my computer as DivX AVI file. Anja gave it to me a while ago since she has the whole show on her computer. Oops. Must have forgotten about that.

-TeeJay

Wow, cool! Next time I have vacation I am going to the Netherlands! LOL

And it's also cool that you have the 7th Heaven episode. Can you include it in your next package please? I only have crappy files from the net.

I hugged the Seeker!

#25 22 Aug 08 :: 19:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Can't wiat for the review.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer