#1 23 Jul 06 :: 17:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Fanboys

From www.ernestcline.com:

Basically, "Fanboys" is the sentimental story of four wisecracking X-generation guys from a small Ohio town -- a sensitive barbarian-type named Hutch, a computer geek named Windows, a basement dweller named Linus (Ed.: that would be Chris) and a decidedly more adult-acting Eric -- who set off in the 'Za Warriors pizza delivery van for the legendary and well-guarded Skywalker Ranch, the real-life Northern California wine-country headquarters of Lucasfilm Ltd., where "Episode 1" is being edited and finished under tight security for its May 21 date with destiny. Armed with a magical security key-card from an ex-Lucasfilm janitor (procured at a sci-fi convention), the fanboys hope to break in and watch the unfinished movie on an editing screen.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 23 Jul 06 :: 22:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Fanboys

Didn't we get the info that Hutch is the basement dweller and not Linus?

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 24 Jul 06 :: 00:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, Hutch lives in a garage, or at least has some sort of hang-out there. We don't have any confirmation whether or not Linus actually lives in the basement. Right?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 25 Jul 06 :: 03:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I think Sean said that the garage is Hutch's "Lair", where the boys all hang out and play video games.  I don't think he lives in there.  I don't remember if he nixed the idea that Linus is a cellar dweller, he just confirmed that the room where Linus is lying on the bed (sigh) is his room.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5 25 Jul 06 :: 13:15

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ok, then maybe I mixed this up, sorry.

I hugged the Seeker!

#6 27 Jul 06 :: 02:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

This is really cute.  Chiefly because this lady is for real.  Her sons really are named what she says they are.  Wow.  And we thought we were obsessed.

A suburban NM soccer mom Avon lady's view of the Fanboys shoot:

http://blogs.salon.com/0003522/2006/04/02.html

The names of the stores in "Kirk's hometown" are hilarious!  Sean didn't tells us about these, did he?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#7 27 Jul 06 :: 08:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Some of these stores were on the pictures, though, weren't they? I do recall some of these. But you're right, they're great! Sean is on two pics. Ken as well. Already posted the link in the other forum.

And, ugh, I just realized that there's this small apple green border from the original message board design around the post box showing up in IE. Gotta fix that when I get home. Ew.

-TeeJay

#8 27 Jul 06 :: 15:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I think I saw this link some time ago.

I hugged the Seeker!

#9 28 Jul 06 :: 07:50

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Hello my friends!! I made the journey over here from the other site. It was a magical journey, filled with Hobbits, and Ewoks, and SMurfs!!

Now that I am here....lets talk about Fanboys!!! I've missed talking with you guys! Hope everyone is doing okay!

fbsig.jpg

#10 28 Jul 06 :: 07:57

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

I don't think I ever mentioned the signs in downtown Vegas to you guys, but I think there might've been some pictures of them out of the ones I sent ya.
I remember taking those pics with that lady and her kids. She was a huge Star Trek fan and was so excited. Wait til she sees the movie, hehe.
Did you notice how one of her son's is named Gandalf? smile

As far as the basement dweller goes....I'm pretty sure that Linus just lives in a 'regular' room, as opposed to Hutch who does live in the garage.(Or Carriage House) as he likes to say.  Don't know if you heard, but a trailer for the movie was shown at the Star Wars Fan Films presentation at the San Diego Comic Con. I talked to a couple of people that were there and they said it was hilarious!! I hope this means that a trailer will be popping up online any day now!! I can't wait!! The Director Kyle Newman was there to talk about the film right before they showed the footage and I guess it was just announced that his next project will be a modern re-make of "Revenge of the Nerds'. I hope he does well, he is an awesome guy!!

fbsig.jpg

#11 28 Jul 06 :: 08:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey Sean, glad you came here and joined our little bunch of obsessees. Wow, a trailer. Cool.I guess we'll be scouring the net every day now to see if it's online somewhere. Can't one of you guys e-mail Kyle and ask, bug even? wink

I found this, though:

Friday, July 21, 2006
From Sci-Fi Channel website-

Bell Finds Inner Fanboy

Kristen Bell, who will play a Star Wars fangirl in the upcoming Fanboys, told SCI FI Wire that she got to change her look from the sunny blond high-school detective familiar to fans of her TV series, Veronica Mars. "I wore, like, a short dark bob that has, like, really tight bangs, and, yeah, it was funny and cute, and I sort of dressed ... in, like, skull tights, and ... it was kind of like Goth comic-store nerd fangirl," Bell said in an interview at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on July 17. Like Thora Birch's Enid in Ghost World? "Totally."

In Fanboys, Bell plays Zoe, one of several fans who set out in 1999 from the Midwest to California to honor the wish of their dying friend to break into George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch and watch Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace before the movie's worldwide release.

"Dude, it's a rad idea," the ebullient Bell said. "It stars Chris Marquette, Sam Huntington—who is Jimmy Olsen in Superman [Returns]—Jay Baruchel and Dan Fogler. And ... it's got amazing cameos, like [a] Billy Dee Williams cameo, Carrie Fisher cameos and William Shatner. I mean, it's hysterical." Why Shatner? "There's a war between Star Trek and Star Wars. It's an absolute love letter to any cult fans, but especially the Star Wars ones."

Is Bell herself a Star Wars fangirl? "Kind of," she allowed. "I'm a Star Wars fan. I don't know that I'm as much as the people that we met on the movie. But, ... I mean, I've always loved that trilogy. But we met some crazy fans, man, that have like devoted their life [to it]." Fanboys, directed by Kyle Newman, is tentatively slated for a February 2007 release. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

Hey everybody, keep your eyes peeled on Ainitcool.com for FANBOYS news!

Source

PS: IMDb lists a release date for February 2007. I wonder if there's any truth to that.

And Sean, did you see Papa Smurf? Did he have private parts? Hehe. I remember someone discussing that not too long ago, I think it was on the radio. Hilarious. Did you notice that none of the smurfs have private parts? This makes me think of Chris on the specials of the Just Friends DVD, talking about how freakin' cold it was: "You walk out there and it's like you have no genitals. You're like a Ken doll. Where'd they go?" LOL

-TeeJay

#12 28 Jul 06 :: 09:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Welcome Sean! big_smile

A trailer? Wow, this is soooo cool! I hope we'll get to see it soon!

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 28 Jul 06 :: 15:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey Sean,

TeeJay emailed me about the trailer and before I came here, I said the con you mentioned was probably SDCC.  I told her I'd be shocked if they DIDN'T put together a trailer for that con.  It is THE traditional place to introduce such movies, after all.  I watched the SDCC specials on G4/Tech TV last weekend hoping they might mention the movie, but they didn't.  Not a huge surprise really considering the enormous volume of stuff they were dealing with.  They spent a lot of time on the big movies like Spidey 3.

Of course, you know us gals are really exceited about the prospect of a trailer so if you hear anything at about it popping up online, you will let us know, right?

And congrats on getting the job on Wildfire.  I've actually seen a little of the show.  It's pretty cheesy, but so what?  It's a paying gig and more exposure, right?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#14 28 Jul 06 :: 17:37

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

PS: I'm probably going to Dragon Con on Labor Day Weekend.  Sean, is there any way you could find out if they might have the trailer at that con?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#15 28 Jul 06 :: 18:18

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Yes, the CON was the one in San Diego. Wish we could've made it out this year. Haven't been there since 2003. sad
I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for the trailer whenever and wherever it hits. I'm not too sure if it'll be at DragonCon or not. That'd be cool if it was. I haven't checked out the Triggerstreet site in a while for any updates, maybe I'll head on over there and see if anything was mentioned.

Thanks for 'congrats'! I was cast to play a waiter in some kind of Country Club scene in "Wildfire". I've never actually seen it, but like you said, it's a paying job and of course it's cool to be on the boob tube!! smile

fbsig.jpg

#16 28 Jul 06 :: 19:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Guys, I give up. I tried to google for anything on Fanboys. All I found was old news and a blib about Sam Huntington and Kristen Bell being at the launch party of the new TriggerStreet.com website (no info there on Fanboys either, unless I was too dumb to find it). Nothing worth posting at any rate. Guess we'll have to wait and see until someone decides to bless the general public with an online version of the trailer. Deb, it would be cool if you could see it at the Dragon Con. Maybe you'll even get to speak to Kyle, who knows.

I've seen maybe three or four episodes of Wildfire. I quite liked it, but I was really into riding as a teen, so no surprise there. I still love horses and riding, I just don't have the time anymore. And it's quite an expensive sport. And only half as much fun if you can't ride a horse whenever you want to and have to go to some riding stable to take lessons. But it's great that you're gonna be on the show, Sean! Let us know when the episode is gonna air, I'll download it.

Oh, on a side note... I found two Kristen Bell websites that had the Fanboys pics up. I contacted them and asked them very nicely to remove these pics. Let's hope they do it.

-TeeJay

#17 28 Jul 06 :: 19:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

I was really into riding as a teen, so no surprise there. I still love horses and riding, I just don't have the time anymore. And it's quite an expensive sport. And only half as much fun if you can't ride a horse whenever you want to and have to go to some riding stable to take lessons. But it's great that you're gonna be on the show, Sean! Let us know when the episode is gonna air, I'll download it.

Same here. Hey, maybe the show will be here on TV too, and maybe I'll catch a few episodes.
Hey Sean, are you planning to become an actor now? wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#18 29 Jul 06 :: 21:00

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Hey Sean, are you planning to become an actor now? wink

Hehe, no acting plans for me, though being an extra is a lot fun! ...that casting call was totally out of the blue. I had auditioned to be an extra in a movie that filmed after Fanboys called Wild Hogs. I wasn't cast for anything, but the same casting director called me up the other day and asked me about Wildfire. I said "Sure, what the heck!!"
If there's a role that requires me to stand in the background and pretend like I'm talking, I'm your guy!! smile

fbsig.jpg

#19 29 Jul 06 :: 22:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nana Vistor is on that show Sean.  If you get to meet her, TeeJay might like to hear about that.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#20 29 Jul 06 :: 23:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh yeah, I know about Nana Visitor being on the show. I'm a huge DS9 fan, and I loved Nana as Major Kira. I've heard people tell only good things about her who saw her at conventions. She sounds like a regular "dude", just like Chris. Not those arrogant types. I hope you get to meet her. And, sure, I'd love to hear all about her. Actually, when I turn my head to the left, I can see her autograph hanging on my wall. I have a small collection: Martin Lindow (German actor), Gerti Honneck (Cpt. Janeway's German dubbing voice--I saw her in a theater play a while ago), Alexander Siddig (formerly Siddig El-Fadil, a.k.a. Doctor Bashir on DS9), Nana Visitor and Max Grodénchik (who played Rom on DS9). I met him at a con once, and he's a totally nice guy. I'm on the photo he signed too. Too cool! Oh, and I forgot one of the original props from a German cop show Martin Lindow was on. I've got his shoulder gun holster that he used to wear. Signed by him!

And I really hope to complete my small collection with an autograph of Chris's some day.

-TeeJay

#21 30 Jul 06 :: 10:56

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Nana Vistor eh? I'll keep an eye out for her! I have no idea how this is gonna go. They may just throw me in the scene for a few takes and then send me on my way...or I may get to hang out and chat with everyone. We'll have to wait and see....hopefully the latter one!!

fbsig.jpg

#22 11 Aug 06 :: 18:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Question: When will we get to see that first trailer for the movie???? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase, someone put it online. TriggerStreet? Anyone? We're dying here!  roll

-TeeJay

#23 15 Aug 06 :: 14:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I was hoping that there may be a trailer when I returned from my vacation but it seems that there is still no trailer. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#24 17 Aug 06 :: 03:34

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Yea, no trailer over here either...:(

But we have Bumper Stickers!! Yay!!

bumpersticker.jpg

fbsig.jpg

#25 17 Aug 06 :: 07:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey, that's so cool! Where'd you get it? Did the production company give it to you? I'd totally put one on Jane (= my car). smile

-TeeJay

Board footer