#1 09 Sep 07 :: 04:37

herrommance
Website

Hot Fuzz

So I will be honest when I say that at first I had no desire to see this movie. I finally rented it though and it was "ah-ma-zing!" It sucks that so far I have been the only one to think so. Im a huge Shaun of the Dead fan so I think it is kind of the impossible to like one and not the other. The whole plot is pretty interesting too.

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#2 10 Sep 07 :: 07:29

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

Re: Hot Fuzz

I have it, I didn't get to see it in theaters but I wanted it, so my dad bought it for me on my Birthday. Same with Shaun, I didn't see that one in theaters, just took a risk and bought it. Loved it!

And I like how they include Bill Nighy in both movies. He's cool.

Simon and Edgar are great screenwriters, and I think they are underrated really. And Nick Frost with his stuffed monkey.. lol.

"I don't question your existence." ~ God

#3 10 Sep 07 :: 07:50

Editsound
Dorque

It's very funny, (not quite as funny as Shaun), and they did a great job of pointing out every cliche of the action genre. 

What is special about their films is that they obviously love the movies they are lampooning.  As you laugh with them, you also feel their love of the movies and grow fonder of the source movies.  I had gotten sick of all the zombie movies until I saw Shaun, now, I am open to the genre again.  And Hot Fuzz did the same thing for action films.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#4 10 Sep 07 :: 13:55

herrommance
Website

I second that

#5 10 Sep 07 :: 16:51

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Bill Nighy is amazing!  Anyone seen Still Crazy?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6 10 Sep 07 :: 19:45

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

Yes! He's awesome.(I can't believe how much I've been using that word lately, only on the web)

I thought he was hilarious in Love Actually.

Oh, in Hot Fuzz I loved Timothy Dalton playing the smug guy. And that last scene with him... stuck. lol "It really hurts.":lol: Oh and the appearance of Bill Bailey in there as the left out sergeant. "Nobody tells me nothin!" He's great.

But I think I like Shaun a bit more, too. I mean not only Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but you had Jessica Stevenson and Dylan Moran in there. Dylan was great, love him.

#7 10 Sep 07 :: 19:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Mutant_Enemy_Girl wrote:

I thought he was hilarious in Love Actually.

I had to check whom he played in Love Actually, but I completely second that. lol:lol::lol:

I hugged the Seeker!

#8 10 Sep 07 :: 22:24

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

lol.

I even liked him in Underworld.

I kinda wish he had a bigger part in Hot Fuzz like he did in Shaun Of The Dead.

#9 11 Sep 07 :: 14:35

herrommance
Website

Mutant, did you happen to catch Simon in The Big Nothing?

#10 11 Sep 07 :: 18:20

Editsound
Dorque

"Still Crazy" was damn funny, and also kind of sweet. 

Simon was the only highlight of Mission Impossible III.

Last edited by Editsound (11 Sep 07 :: 18:20)

#11 11 Sep 07 :: 19:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

While we're talking about Still Crazy, here's a bit of praise for Billy Connoly!  That guy rocks!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#12 11 Sep 07 :: 19:42

Editsound
Dorque

I was gonna mention him in my reply (but forgot), he is always appealing and very funny.  Wish he would do more.

#13 11 Sep 07 :: 20:52

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

herrommance wrote:

Mutant, did you happen to catch Simon in The Big Nothing?

No, I haven't. I will look into it, though. Has anyone seen the Doctor Who episode that he guests in? He played like the Big Bad in that episode. Same with when he guested on Black Books, he played Manny's(Bill Bailey) new "weird" hard boss who makes Manny work to hard. Manny goes back to working for Bernard(Dylan Moran), of course. It was the series 3 premiere. Funny episode.

I haven't seen MI3, mainly because I can't stand Tom Cruise. And that's before all this Scientology, glib, couch-jumping crap. I mean, I've never been a fan. All that stuff is just more reasons. But I guess if I do watch that movie, it would be for Simon.

#14 11 Sep 07 :: 21:22

Editsound
Dorque

Then definately DON'T bother watching it.  He has a very small part, and there is lots of Cruise.  Rewatching something else would be time better spent.

#15 11 Sep 07 :: 23:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I might fast forward through MI3 someday.  I'd like to see Chris's girlfriend, Diane in it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#16 12 Sep 07 :: 18:42

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That would be the only reason I would watch this movie. I HATE Tom C. roll But since I watched Freddy vs. Jason two times for Chris, I can forward through MI3 for Diane too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#17 12 Sep 07 :: 18:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Her role will be tiny. I don't even know if she has a speaking part. I did watch MI:3 in the theater, but of course that was way before I even knew who Diane was.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#18 12 Sep 07 :: 19:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Tiny or big, if she's there, I'll watch.

I hugged the Seeker!

#19 12 Sep 07 :: 21:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's probably at least a few lines.  Isn't she someone's secretary?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#20 13 Sep 07 :: 18:42

Editsound
Dorque

MI3 was on cable this morning, and I was pretty sure that Diane was in one of Simon's scenes, so I left it on while I was doing some other stuff, and paid attention during Simon's scenes.  I did spot her.  No lines of dialog, and if you blink you might miss her.  In a scene near the end of the movie, Simon is on the phone with Tom.  Simon is nervious and looking around throughout the scene, and in one shot, one of his assistants, Diane, goes close by him and smiles at him, causing him to be slightly scared.  The shot is about 5 seconds (at most) long.  And I am pretty sure that is her only appearance.  (she may be in the background in Simon's first scene, early in the movie, but I didn't spot her).  So, if you are still interested, that is where to see her in the movie.

#21 14 Sep 07 :: 23:13

herrommance
Website

Well Mutant if you do see it...prepare yourself for seeing a little more of Simon than you may want to.lol. Even though he is a total cutie

#22 16 Sep 07 :: 21:53

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

Really? lol If you mean more as in more, I'll definately have to watch the movie!;)

#23 21 Sep 07 :: 14:09

herrommance
Website

nothing too bad. I just didn't expect it. Probably because I had never seen him do anything like that.lol. Let's just say my jaw dropped, and I turned down my television pretty quick. haha

#24 30 Sep 07 :: 00:22

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

lol Well, if I ever watch it, I have something to look forward too. Which is hard for a Tom Cruise movie.

Board footer