#1 09 Oct 07 :: 01:33

herrommance
Website

amazing books

hmmm...I just read Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, and I am absolutely in love. I want to read the next two. Has anyone else read them?

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#2 09 Oct 07 :: 01:37

magicalturkey
Website

Re: amazing books

Yep. They're all amazing.  You have to get the next two.  When I went to the store, it was the day the third came out, I only wanted Twilight but the lady insisted I buy the other two.  Then she put them on hold for me while I went back home to get more money for them.

But, yeah, they're awesome.  I saw Chris as Edward the entire way through the books.

LifeSucks.jpg

#3 09 Oct 07 :: 14:00

herrommance
Website

umm yeah I cant even find them anywhere. If they make a movie of them I would def love to see Chris as Edward. Perfect!

#4 09 Oct 07 :: 14:15

magicalturkey
Website

Barnes and Noble should have them, and if they don't they'll probably be getting them in again soon so you can ask them to hold a copy for you.  And if you have access to Amazon and Barnes and Noble online, you can order them there.

I really would love Chris to be Edward, especially now that he's buffed up, but they're looking at Hayden Christansen and other blond pretty boys for the movie.  Which, there will most likely be one.

LifeSucks.jpg

#5 09 Oct 07 :: 14:28

herrommance
Website

thanks! darn yeah you are right. Too bad they'll miss out haha. Chris would be amazing!

#6 09 Oct 07 :: 16:08

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

So would that be the second role Chris lost to Hayden, if that happens?  Is tehre a pattern here?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#7 09 Oct 07 :: 16:34

magicalturkey
Website

Well, in our eyes Chris lost the role to Hayden.  They were never looking at Chris for Edward in the first place, so he didn't lose anything really.

LifeSucks.jpg

#8 09 Oct 07 :: 16:39

magicalturkey
Website

I just looked up Hayden's age and he might not get the part either.  They're insisting on actors 22 or under to play Edward, so both of them are over the cut off age.

LifeSucks.jpg

#9 09 Oct 07 :: 16:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

They'll probably get Zach Efron.  He's the flavor of the moment, right?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#10 09 Oct 07 :: 17:06

magicalturkey
Website

Oh, God... I didn't even think of that.  And the sad thing is he'd be perfect.   He'd have to lose the scary orange tan and start getting pale, which I wouldn't object to but he might not want to give up the sunless tanning.

Emily Browning is basically a lock to play Bella, Edward's girlfriend, and I don't know how Zach would react to acting opposite someone prettier (in my opinion) than him.  And I think he'd have to learn to do a British accent to play Edward, which I highly doubt he'd be able to do.

LifeSucks.jpg

#11 09 Oct 07 :: 17:22

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

None of that matters.  Hollywood only cares about popularity, not talent.  Which is probably why our favorite guy can't seem to get arrested these days.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#12 09 Oct 07 :: 17:51

magicalturkey
Website

Stephanie Meyer won't let Zach play Edward.  Even though she has no control over casting she's said before if they cast any "Disney produced lip-syncers" for her characters, she'll wreak havoc on the set.   Nothing would probably come of it in the long run, but she'd hope her loyal fans would know the cast and would boycott the movie.  I know I would.

Last edited by magicalturkey (09 Oct 07 :: 17:51)

LifeSucks.jpg

#13 09 Oct 07 :: 18:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, I hope she gets her way.  Though writers are NOT very respected in Hollywood --- unless they're JK Rowling, of course.  But I hope she fights and wins one for the team.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#14 09 Oct 07 :: 18:35

herrommance
Website

If he were to be Edward I would refuse to watch it. He is pretty much ovverated

#15 09 Oct 07 :: 19:14

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Though writers are NOT very respected in Hollywood --- unless they're JK Rowling, of course.

Oh yeah. roll She's really the only one.

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 09 Oct 07 :: 19:22

magicalturkey
Website

Exactly.  It would probably do well box office with the teeny-boopers but all that would mean is that Twilight sold out.  No fan wants that to happen, but there's always gonna be the loyal fans who won't judge the book by its movie.

LifeSucks.jpg

#17 09 Oct 07 :: 19:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I never judge a book by its movie. The books are always better. (Well, most of the time.)
I am curious what they're going to do with The Time Traveller's Wife. I loved that book so much, but I don't have very high hopes for a very good movie.

I hugged the Seeker!

#18 10 Oct 07 :: 11:07

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

The Time Traveller's wife was an awesome book. I wanted them to make it into a movie, but I know it's never going to be the way I would have wanted it. Rachel McAdams is a great actress, although she's not how I saw Clare. And I wasn't too pleased about the casting of Eric Bana but, I'm getting over it...slowly. It's just when the casting is far off how I envisioned it, it doesn't exactly bode all that well.

It was never going to be as good as the book though.

And I've never read Twilight, what's the premise?

tesig1.jpg

#19 10 Oct 07 :: 13:28

magicalturkey
Website

I can't really tell you in great detail without giving everything away. 

Basically, Bella, the narrorator and main character, moves in with her dad in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else and Bella knows no one.   Edward eventually becomes Bella's boyfriend and they fall very very deeply in love.  But he's a vampire who's vowed not to drink human blood (he feeds on animals), but he can't resist the smell of Bella's blood.  Which, obviously puts her life in danger... it doesn't help that she's a total klutz.

So far, there's three books and obviously each book changes the story just a bit and Bella is under more danger as it goes on.   I won't spoil Paige with a synopsis of those wink

LifeSucks.jpg

#20 10 Oct 07 :: 14:25

herrommance
Website

I finally got ahold of New Moon. Im working on it right now

#21 10 Oct 07 :: 14:53

magicalturkey
Website

Awesome!  I think New Moon is the best one in the series.

LifeSucks.jpg

#22 10 Oct 07 :: 19:11

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Susanna wrote:

The Time Traveller's wife was an awesome book. I wanted them to make it into a movie, but I know it's never going to be the way I would have wanted it. Rachel McAdams is a great actress, although she's not how I saw Clare. And I wasn't too pleased about the casting of Eric Bana but, I'm getting over it...slowly. It's just when the casting is far off how I envisioned it, it doesn't exactly bode all that well.

It was never going to be as good as the book though.

And I've never read Twilight, what's the premise?

Oh, you don't know how shocked I was when I read that Brad Pitt was supposed to play Henry! yikes He does so NOT look like I imagined him! But I have to say, I am not convinced about the new guy either. Can't they just wait a few years until Chris could play him? wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#23 10 Oct 07 :: 20:20

herrommance
Website

magicalturkey wrote:

Awesome!  I think New Moon is the best one in the series.

my friend said it is the worst I like it so far. I'm missing not having Edward around though.lol

#24 10 Oct 07 :: 21:29

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, no Edward sucks but when he comes back it's lotsa fun wink

I think Eclipse is the worst one.  I know you haven't read it yet, so I'll let you form your own opinions about it.

LifeSucks.jpg

#25 10 Oct 07 :: 21:42

herrommance
Website

hmm yeah Edward has not come back yet. I need to get to reading.lol

Board footer