#51 26 Oct 07 :: 16:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: amazing books

ManTan!  Woohoo!  It's magical.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#52 26 Oct 07 :: 16:57

magicalturkey
Website

No.  Spray tans never work.  It would make him all orange and gross :fedup:  I like pale!Chris.

LifeSucks.jpg

#53 26 Oct 07 :: 20:33

herrommance
Website

I know Jakob is native american, but I can't picture him that way. I picture Jakob as being pale

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#54 26 Oct 07 :: 20:37

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, Chris is the palest half Cuban guy I've ever seen.  wink

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#55 26 Oct 07 :: 20:40

herrommance
Website

ha yeah. The pic from The FVJ premiere (the one where looks like someone scared him) is how i have pictured Jakob.haha Well just how he looked at the premiere, but that pic just hapens to come to mind:P

Last edited by herrommance (26 Oct 07 :: 20:41)

#56 26 Oct 07 :: 20:47

magicalturkey
Website

Chris as Jake... oh, look, here comes the rabid mob with their pitch forks.  Sorry, I just really can't see it and Chris as Jake would probably piss a lot of people off.

Sorry if I'm being bitchy, I'm moody.

LifeSucks.jpg

#57 26 Oct 07 :: 20:49

herrommance
Website

.....ok Im just saying that when I read the book that is how I pictured Jake. As Chris. No harm done.

#58 04 Nov 07 :: 03:16

Mutant_Enemy_Girl

Does anyone know any good suspense books?

"I don't question your existence." ~ God

#59 04 Nov 07 :: 07:20

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I've just started getting into the Twilight series. My favorite book though would have to be My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Any book by her is awesome! I also love Amy by Mary Hooper. I wish they would make a book out of the scripts for Joan Of Arcadia. I would definitely buy that!! smile

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#60 05 Nov 07 :: 04:24

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I like Jodi Picoult's books, I thought My Sisters Keeper was good, but I didn't like the ending. Kind of felt like a cop out to me. She is a good author though.

tesig1.jpg

#61 06 Nov 07 :: 01:01

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

The ending was sad and shocking but I liked it in a way. Its about real life and no matter how depressing it may be its good to relate to.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#62 06 Nov 07 :: 04:47

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Yeah, I prefer books that don't scrimp on the reality to make it easier for the readers to handle. Many of the books that I've read and consider to be great books have parts that can be hard to handle.

Last edited by Susanna (06 Nov 07 :: 04:47)

tesig1.jpg

#63 08 Nov 07 :: 04:12

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Just a random fact in case anyone cares. When I was reading through Twilight, I pictured myself as Bella and Chris as Edward. big_smile

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

#64 17 Nov 07 :: 13:29

Skurvy

Actually when I was reading Twilight and New Moon I really was in LOVE with Edward, but now, after reading Eclipse I am totally Team Jacob. Bella is so very facinated by Edward's beauty and the way he can protect her. And if she becomes a vampire she'll be that beautiful herself and also that strong, and I guess she'll lose her adoration for Edward. Furthermore i think a big part of Edward's love for Bella is caused by her blood's "aroma", and that would be lost too. But if Chris played Edward, I'd be Team Edward again immediately.;) And BTW englisch isn't perfect at all, so feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes lol.

Last edited by Skurvy (17 Nov 07 :: 13:30)

#65 17 Nov 07 :: 14:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

No need to worry about your English, mine isn't perfect either.
I see you're from Munich so I suppose you're German? You can always come to the German corner if you want! wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#66 17 Nov 07 :: 14:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey Skurvy, nice to see you post here. Welcome to our board. Feel free to fill in our Chris questionnaire in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Your English sounds just fine, don't worry.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#67 17 Nov 07 :: 14:38

Skurvy

Samsy-Marie wrote:

No need to worry about your English, mine isn't perfect either.
I see you're from Munich so I suppose you're German? You can always come to the German corner if you want! wink

yep, half german and half greek actually. smile
and TeeJay, I'll do the questionnaire this evening or tomorrow:), cause I have to leave now.

Last edited by Skurvy (17 Nov 07 :: 15:02)

#68 17 Nov 07 :: 21:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nice to see you posting!  Your English is great.  Don't worry!  Welcome to the board.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#69 18 Nov 07 :: 01:21

OhGnarly

Hey Scurvy, welcome! You're doing great with your English!

I'm with you as far as being Team Jacob -- I've always found Edward to be kind of annoying and terribly controlling, regardless of whether or not he's doing it for Bella's safety. Jacob is just a much more realistic character. I've never been the type to fall for the "perfect" guy - I like it when characters have flaws

#70 18 Nov 07 :: 01:35

magicalturkey
Website

Welcome.  Your profile says your name's Lydia, would you rather us call you that instead of Skurvy? wink   I agree that you're doing fine with your English.

And I guess I'm on my own with being on Team Edward.   There's something about the way Jacob acted when he first started falling for Bella, to me it seemed like he didn't care that she loved Edward, and I get that they're enemies, but Jacob could have been a little more accepting of the relationship.   It's like, she's in grave danger because the vampire family can't control themselves, but aparently werewolves are the safest creatures on earth... ooooook, Jake.

LifeSucks.jpg

#71 18 Nov 07 :: 07:10

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Welcome to chris-marquette.com Lydia!

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

#72 18 Nov 07 :: 19:38

Skurvy

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Nice to see you posting!  Your English is great.  Don't worry!  Welcome to the board.  smile

Thanks.. smile

magicalturkey wrote:

Your profile says your name's Lydia, would you rather us call you that instead of Skurvy? wink

You can call me however you want wink

#73 18 Nov 07 :: 19:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

You do realize that skurvy is a sickness in English, right? wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#74 18 Nov 07 :: 20:14

magicalturkey
Website

I wanted to point that out, but I figured it had a meaning in German other than a pirate disease.

LifeSucks.jpg

#75 18 Nov 07 :: 20:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It's not a German word, at least none that I know... Apparently, it means something else if you use it as an adjective. Here's what Merriam Webster Online says:

Main Entry: scurvy
Function: adjective
Etymology: scurf
Date: 1579

: arousing disgust or scorn : contemptible, despicable <a scurvy trick>

-TeeJay

Board footer