#1 12 Aug 06 :: 00:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If you had one question...

If you had one question you could ask Chris, what would it be?

We had a similar thread on Melissa's forum, so why not make one here too? Start with your questions, I'll chime in.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 12 Aug 06 :: 12:45

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Re: If you had one question...

Questions, okay, I think I finally have one. smile

Chris, why do you always do Indie movies? Is it an artistic need or just you just accept roles based on whether you like them without taking into account what kind of a movie it is? 
The reason I ask is, I can see the attraction to doing some, but there gets a point where you're depriving your fans who don't have access to seeing you perform. And limiting exposure to attracting new fans.

smile Yeah, I migrated from ezboard, I logged in and got overblown by ads, that's just not good. Do you think they could find anymore space for ads? roll

Last edited by Susanna (12 Aug 06 :: 12:46)

tesig1.jpg

#3 13 Aug 06 :: 04:32

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Good question. It's something we've all wondered.  You know what would be perfect?  He should do at least one TV guest role for each indie movie.  Then we'd get a regular fix. 

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#4 15 Aug 06 :: 14:32

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I second that Suzanna's question is a good question. And Deb: Good suggestion! LOL lol
Now let me think about my own question.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 05 Nov 06 :: 10:57

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I asked on the follow-up message board to the joanofarcadia.net one what they would ask Chris if they had the chance to ask him a question. The person called adam_n_joan said she would ask:

If Adam Rove was a real person, would you be friends with him?

I'm actually quite curious what Chris would say about that myself. wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#6 05 Nov 06 :: 14:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I read that on the forum and I was also curious about that. Damn, why can't I think of such questions? roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 05 Nov 06 :: 20:06

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'd bet yes.  Remeber how he said he was the one who wanted to make him the senstive artist?  And he also said that in S2, he said Adam was more him than anything else.  So he'd probably like the dude.  Probably give him hell over the cheating thing though.  Hey, we could get really weird and write that conversation between them.  LOL!  Be kinda like the Adam and Eli Rove thing TeeJay wrote.
Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#8 05 Nov 06 :: 21:01

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I'd love to read that. LOL big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#9 12 Feb 07 :: 04:13

novice2269

Hmmm... What draws Chris in to the characters that he plays, not only that but scripts in general?  When approaching characters what is his approach? Perhaps it has been asked but I have not come across it yet!
Cheers

#10 12 Feb 07 :: 04:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nope, I've never seen anyone ask him that, Tash.  Gonna add that to our list of questions for next time.  Shall I say it came from you?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#11 12 Feb 07 :: 09:30

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, that's a very good question. Definitely needs to go on the list. Deb, are you making one?

-TeeJay

#12 12 Feb 07 :: 12:47

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, that should go to the list. Shame that I can never come up with questions like that. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 12 Feb 07 :: 13:22

novice2269

LOL that would be fantastic, thank you for the would be credit! With every perfromance I have seen him in it has been pretty diverse and I just wondered what he does to get into character. I am anxious as to how he would answer that! cool

#14 12 Feb 07 :: 13:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Did you read the interview transcript from our January interview, Tasha? He explained a little about what he did for his role in Alpha Dog, said he basically played kids he grew up with. I'd love some elaboration on that from him, though. We were asking us at some point if Chris was more like Eli or more like Adam, but we decided that he must be both.

On another note, he does what is called Method Acting. His mom said to us that when he was young and had to cry on screen, he told her that whenever he had to cry on cue, he thought of something really bad happening to people he loved, and that would make him cry for the camera.

Not that I can really tell, but I'm thinking that as an actor you get the chance to take certain aspects of your psyche and get to explore them openly, get to live them to the extreme. Like if you play a dark villain, you get to tap into that certain part of you that can be very mean and deceptive and multiply it and let it flow into the character that you're creating. That sounds ultimately fascinating to me. I'm sure it can be a heck of a lot of fun to get to do things like that, but on the other hand I can imagine that it must be very challenging to become a different person on cue. Imagine you're having personal problems in your life and suddenly you have to be this hilariously funny, goofy character in front of the camera.

We definitely gotta ask Chris about that in our next interview.

-TeeJay

#15 12 Feb 07 :: 15:19

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Not that I can really tell, but I'm thinking that as an actor you get the chance to take certain aspects of your psyche and get to explore them openly, get to live them to the extreme. Like if you play a dark villain, you get to tap into that certain part of you that can be very mean and deceptive and multiply it and let it flow into the character that you're creating. That sounds ultimately fascinating to me. I'm sure it can be a heck of a lot of fun to get to do things like that, but on the other hand I can imagine that it must be very challenging to become a different person on cue. Imagine you're having personal problems in your life and suddenly you have to be this hilariously funny, goofy character in front of the camera.

You know, that is exactly the part of acting which fascinates me the most. I envy people who are able to do things like that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 12 Feb 07 :: 18:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I have started a list, yes.  We need to make sure we keep adding these questions we come up with to it so we're not scrambling at the last minute.

And Tisha said that he thought about bad things happening to her, specifically.

I also loved that stuff he said in the second half of the October interview about how he'd already explored how kind and sensitive he can be (talking about playing Adam, no doubt) and now he's interested in exploring his anger in future roles.  Remember how he said, "I just wanna scream at somebody."?  LOL!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#17 12 Feb 07 :: 19:57

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Remember how he said, "I just wanna scream at somebody."?  LOL!

Yeah, I remember. That made me grin, actually. LOL
But actually he was able to scream at somebody already. Remember American Gun? wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#18 15 Feb 07 :: 05:25

novice2269

Ok, not sure if this particular question has been asked of him either, aside from acting is there anything else he would like to try being that he has accomplished so much at a young age. By this I mean as far as something besides the entertainment industry AND anything else within perhaps behind the camera or writing? wink

#19 15 Feb 07 :: 05:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Good question.  I'll add it to the list.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#20 10 Aug 07 :: 08:14

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I would ask him if he would go out with me!!!  big_smile

#21 10 Aug 07 :: 08:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

And, you know, not to burst your bubble, somehow I think with Diane at his side, his answer will be "no". tongue

-TeeJay

#22 10 Aug 07 :: 17:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

What Tina said.

I hugged the Seeker!

#23 11 Aug 07 :: 05:25

herrommance
Website

well other than Diane...the 5 year age differernce and such. GO FOR IT! lol

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#24 25 Nov 07 :: 00:19

magicalturkey
Website

I'm sitting here with my friend (watching JoA) and we're wondering if Chris' hair is as soft as it looks big_smile

LifeSucks.jpg

#25 25 Nov 07 :: 00:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

We'll test it out the next time we meet him.

"Hey, Chris, hold still for a second, will you?" <ruffle>

-TeeJay

Board footer