#26 13 Oct 08 :: 07:44

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Re: Lets post some mini-reviews and recommendations! :D

I saw FireProof today. It was okay. Kirk Cameron gave a terrific performance! Has anyone else seen it?

#27 13 Oct 08 :: 13:48

irina

maria, i am glad i got you interested in some of those movies because i love them. but how about your recommendations??? it's sort of your thread and i haven't seen you recommendations big_smile

#28 13 Oct 08 :: 15:24

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nope, Mel, but the flyer they gave me for it with my breakfast at Chick-Fil-A last Friday morning gave me a bad nightmare when I took a nap Friday evening.  sad

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#29 14 Oct 08 :: 06:21

Donna

Say Anything and The Sure Thing are my two early John Cusack faves. I dare you not to like them. Absolutley anything by Kevin Smith, we haven't mentioned Clerks 1 and 2. Great thread!

#30 14 Oct 08 :: 06:41

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

irina wrote:

maria, i am glad i got you interested in some of those movies because i love them. but how about your recommendations??? it's sort of your thread and i haven't seen you recommendations big_smile

Hey not true. I did put on some of my favorites in post 16. big_smile

Here's some more.. growing up I had only few movies of my own. It was still the VHS time.. I had a copy of Sleepless and Seattle and The musketeers (with Sutherland and Oliver Platt and such). I called them my favorite movies for a long time. Funny thing how the Sleepless in Seattle got stuck in my mind somehow. It made me want to learn how to peal an apple at once and I sometimes find my self having flash backs from some scenes when I'm doing the same stuff with the kids as 'Sam' does with 'Jonah'. lol

During the past year I've seen lots of movies I can recommend.

Imagine me and you - A beautiful love story about love at first sight. Piper Perabo and Lena Headey look great in it. And I didn't know Piper could make such a great english accent. I have a review of this movie in my blog. http://nordiclighter.blogspot.com/2008/ … -2005.html

The forbidden kingdom
- Michael Angarano gets a sudden time travel experience and becomes a hero. Jackie Chan and Jet Li are in it too. It's pretty darn good. I like movies like that. And I like a lot of Jackie Chan movies. I wish I could see the Myth again. That was really awesome. I even got to see some of his older films. The drunken master 2 was pretty good.

Charlie Bartlett - I've liked Anton Yelchin since I saw him in Taken. Too bad I haven't come across a lot of his movies. Charlie Bartlett is all about Anton. big_smile He's so talented in it I got blown away. It's a good story about a good kid that good things but they look like bad things. And there's Robert Downey Jr. too. like him too.

August Rush - Some say it's full of cliches and it's badly done. I have to disagree. It was a great experiment the first time I saw it. And I had to see it again and again. There's Jonathan Rhys Meyers in it singing and I had no idea he could sing like that. The movie is all about music and the music is great. Mark Mancina makes great tunes for films. After seeing this flick I checked his Imdb as well and got suprised finding out he's done the soundtrack for many films and tv series I've liked.
August Rush is an exciting and beautiful story about a boy looking for his parents, a mother looking for her son and a man looking for his long lost love. It's all brought together by music. Absolutely great movie. After seeing it about 10 times I can say I start to see some of the cliches and some of the reasons some call it a bad movie but I don't mind. I can still look pass them and see masterpiece. DO not take this movie too seriously. Just let it take you to a magical trip. big_smile

I saw the Holiday with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz last december. There's two love stories, lots of interesting characters. Maybe the best christmas movie I've ever seen. Nicely done and well acted and so on. I have nothing but good things to say about this one too.

So there's a few. big_smile

Last edited by CappuGirlFin (15 Oct 08 :: 06:23)

joa219crysig.jpg

#31 14 Oct 08 :: 15:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I like Jackie Chan movies too, Maria.  I have a bunch of them on VHS.  Police Story and its sequels are my favorites.  The stunts in them are outrageous.  I wanted to see Forbidden Kingdom, but we were kinda still protesting The Weinstein Company over Fanboys and I just didn't wanna give them any of my money.  :fedup:

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#32 15 Oct 08 :: 02:47

irina

maria i saw now the post 16. somehow i missed it :embarrassed:

#33 15 Oct 08 :: 06:28

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

I like Jackie Chan movies too, Maria.  I have a bunch of them on VHS.  Police Story and its sequels are my favorites.  The stunts in them are outrageous.  I wanted to see Forbidden Kingdom, but we were kinda still protesting The Weinstein Company over Fanboys and I just didn't wanna give them any of my money.  :fedup:

Oh crap, that was a Weinstein movie too? Oh well, I can happily say I didn't give them any money eighter. I got a free ticket! lol

Last edited by CappuGirlFin (16 Oct 08 :: 06:16)

joa219crysig.jpg

#34 15 Oct 08 :: 06:42

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

LOL!  Good for you.  big_smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#35 26 Oct 08 :: 16:12

Illinoisguy1
Banned

The Incredible Hulk

Just watched it this weekend and I liked it. It's much better than the Ang Lee version.
It has at least 2 nice nods to the tv series. One with Lou Feringo (sp?) as a security guard and the little bit of music from the tv series when Banner would be walking down a road.

It does start a little slowly with Banner trying to find a cure. A soldier named Blonsky gets injected with some of the same stuff as Banner and becomes a super soldier. Of course he wants more of it and forces a scientist inject him with more of it and he becomes Abomination. The finale is the big battle between The Hulk and Abomination with some very good action.

Of the 3 summer films I've seen on dvd so far, it's my third favorite.

#36 07 Nov 08 :: 01:48

irina

i recently saw this movie called " battle in seattle ". i never heard about these events before, no have i heard about wto before. it is a very interesting movie, very well made that mad me research stuff i never knew before. the movie is of course one point of view but it makes you think and i guess this is what any good movie should do.

it is written and directed by stuart townsend. i knew he is good looking, it looks like he is talented also.

#37 07 Nov 08 :: 02:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I really wanna see that one.  I saw the trailer earlier this year and it looked great.  Love Stuart.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#38 07 Nov 08 :: 03:35

irina

i looked at the film's website http://www.battleinseattlemovie.com/ and it's a section that says you can request the fil to come in your city. who knows, maybe it will.

#39 09 Nov 08 :: 00:14

irina

i saw a cute little movie " beautiful thing ". i never heard about it, didn't know what it's about but i thought well lets watch i have nothing better to do.
so it's a romantic story about the first love between these 2 boys. it's a british movie. the 2 actors seem very believable and the story just seems to flow pretty naturally. it's no big drama in the movie just enough to keep it interesting.
i was in the mood for a love story so i really enjoyed this one.

#40 09 Nov 08 :: 00:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I love that movie.  Dave and I saw it in an arthouse theater when it came out.  Have you seen Get Real?  It's pretty good too.  And there's a cool American movie that's kind of similar called Edge Of 17.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#41 09 Nov 08 :: 00:53

irina

weird enough i saw the edge of 17. these are movies that i think almost no one in romania heard about. i don't even know how i ended up seeing edge of 17, but it also had something to do with having nothing else to do.
i liked beautiful thing more then the edge of 17. the character in edge of 17 seemed a little hasty in his decisions. but the actor was so believable and he was so beautiful in my opinion. i think it would be very painful indeed to be a girl and to have a best friend like that. hot, sensitive and never yours.

i will see if i can get to see get real.

#42 09 Nov 08 :: 07:15

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Beautiful Thing sounds like a good movie. Have you seen Brokeback Mountain, Irina?

#43 10 Nov 08 :: 14:09

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Get Smart (2008)

A very good pop-corn flick. I really like the homages to the TV series. Some very funny segments and action sequences. The traitor is easy to discover early on, but it doesn't really ruin anything.

Bill Murray is in it, but just a brief sequence that really didn't add anything to the film. Probably could have been left out.

#44 11 Nov 08 :: 17:43

irina

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan wrote:

Beautiful Thing sounds like a good movie. Have you seen Brokeback Mountain, Irina?

well of course i saw brokeback mountain. i think everybody saw it, it was sort of like with titanic tongue but to be honest i did not enjoy this movie very much. i loved heath and jake in it, they are great. but i found the story somehow lacking. the movie ended and i was still confused on a lot of things that happened in the movie.:/

#45 12 Nov 08 :: 06:00

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I agree with you about Heath and Jake's performances. They're amazing in it! You should read the book.

#46 25 Nov 08 :: 00:45

irina

i would like to read the book but i did not see it anywhere in romania. hmm

#47 25 Nov 08 :: 07:15

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I have to admite, I stoped in the middle when I was watching Brokeback.. :embarrassed: I know it's supposed to be really great and all but it was just so damn slow I couldn't concentrate.. I'll try that again sometime...

joa219crysig.jpg

#48 26 Nov 08 :: 06:53

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

The love scenes between Heath and Jake are great and the ending is really intense. You should at least watch those parts, Maria.

#49 03 Dec 08 :: 17:24

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Watched Vantage Point yesterday.

Very good suspense/thriller. I must say it's sort of scary what happens to the President in this movie could happen in real life. One of the best car chase scenes I've seen in a long time.

Dennis Quaid is perfect. William Hurt is great as usual. Sigourney Weaver is very good, but isn't seen enough.

Will say that the concept of the film left me 'disconnected' from the story for the first 30 minutes or so, but once the story started going further and further and more details on what is really happening kept me interested.

#50 21 Jan 09 :: 02:40

irina

i don't know if you guys already talked about it. i saw slumdog millionaire last night. well, it's a cute movie but it really didn't blow me away. maybe because i don't believe in destiny.
anybody saw it?

Board footer