#26 19 Nov 07 :: 10:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: 2x08 Friday Night

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan wrote:

Am I the only one who feels a little bad for Adam though??

No, absolutely not. I have a love/hate thing for Adam in that episode. Of course I hate what he did, but you still can't help but feel the need to hug him, don't you? He's so miserable and guilt-ridden, he makes you feel sorry for him. I bet he cried all night after Joan broke up with him. sad

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#27 19 Nov 07 :: 20:19

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That was the thing with me! I wanted to hug and slap him at the same time! And I didn't even know that I am capabe of feeling something like this! I mean, I never wanted to hug and slap somebody at the same time. Not even a real person. That's just another sign how amazing Chris was at playing Adam.

I hugged the Seeker!

#28 20 Nov 07 :: 06:08

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I gotta say, I didn't know who to be mad at in that episode, Adam for being an asshole, or Joan for yelling at Adam when he was already so upset. It was quite emotionally taxing.

tesig1.jpg

#29 20 Nov 07 :: 06:23

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Just tell me why they had to ruin Joan and Adams relationship?? The only good thing about that episode is that you can relate to it.

Last edited by BiggestChrisMarquetteFan (20 Nov 07 :: 06:24)

#30 20 Nov 07 :: 09:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Inside the Joaniverse, I don't know why they had to do it. Seems like there's no reason to justify Adam's behavior. Outside the Joaniverse, it's what Chris has been telling us in an interview in October. The Powers That Be wanted to make the show more like The O.C., they wanted heartbreak and love triangles, somehow thinking it would skew more viewers. Aaaaank, WRONG!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#31 20 Nov 07 :: 21:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TOTALLY wrong!!! Somebody should have told them that OC sucked. :fedup:

I hugged the Seeker!

#32 21 Nov 07 :: 01:06

justme
Supreme Dorquette

They didn't care if it sucked.:o  It was commercial!:fedup:

What they didn't take into account (among many, many other things) was that the audience they were trying to attract by making all of the bizarre changes weren't watching television on Friday nights.

#33 21 Nov 07 :: 01:15

magicalturkey
Website

What they didn't take into account (among many, many other things) was that the audience they were trying to attract by making all of the bizarre changes weren't watching television on Friday nights.

Exactly.  High school and college kids are out partying Fridays, they aren't in watching TV.  It should have been on during the week, it would have gotten better ratings.  Man, they're lucky I'm such a dork.

LifeSucks.jpg

#34 21 Nov 07 :: 02:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I always thought Sunday night at 8 would've been good.  There's absolutely NOTHING on at that time.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#35 21 Nov 07 :: 08:05

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

They had most of the first season screening on a Tuesday night in New Zealand. But then they stopped for awhile and then stopped again, and then moved to a friday night for the last few episodes. And that was just for season 1. Season 2 wasn't even showed for another year and a half and was put on at like saturday afternoon at a crap time.

I guess it didn't even have very much luck here. sad I honestly don't know why though, it was a good show. A very good show. Just didn't get all that much appreciation, I suppose.

tesig1.jpg

#36 21 Nov 07 :: 10:02

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, well, they showed s1 in Germany on a Saturday at 3 PM. NO ONE at the age of 12 to 25 watches TV at that time. I wouldn't watch TV at that time if I was watching regular TV! It's no wonder they never showed season 2 in Germany...

-TeeJay

#37 21 Nov 07 :: 19:55

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I wish Joan Of Arcadia was still on tv. Its one of the best shows ever!!!!!

#38 21 Nov 07 :: 21:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I can't believe that it's more than two years since they cancelled it. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#39 22 Nov 07 :: 00:18

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I can't believe that it's more than two years since they cancelled it

Wow. Really? I still haven't got over it. sad

tesig1.jpg

#40 22 Nov 07 :: 03:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Me neither, Susanna.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#41 22 Nov 07 :: 06:48

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

CBS is lame. I hate them for cancelling the best show ever!! sad

Does anyone like the show Freaks And Geeks?? Its a drama/comedy like JOA.

#42 22 Nov 07 :: 19:22

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Me neither, Susanna.

And me neither! Every year when the new TV show season starts I feel like I have to cry so much because I always think "Now we would have Season, 3, 4, 5 ..." :crying: (Although I'm not sure if there would have been enough stuff for five seasons ... but all I wanted was the season 3 to solve the mystery about Ryan and Adam and Joan getting back together. *sigh*

I hugged the Seeker!

#43 22 Nov 07 :: 19:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, Melody, some of us are big F&G fans.  It was a wonderful show!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#44 23 Nov 07 :: 07:27

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I wish it was still on tv. I have the first season on DVD both versions. The 6 disc version and 8 disc version with yearbook. big_smile

#45 23 Nov 07 :: 19:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Wow, how'd you end up with both versions?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#46 24 Nov 07 :: 00:42

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

My parents bought the 8 disc edition for me for my 15th b-day. I let them watch it and they loved it. A few months ago my dads friend was getting ready to move and he had a garage sale. My parents bought the 6 disc version from them because they wanted to own it too. smile

Last edited by BiggestChrisMarquetteFan (24 Nov 07 :: 00:43)

#47 24 Nov 07 :: 03:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's really cool!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#48 24 Nov 07 :: 07:19

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Yep! Its one of the only shows that both me and my parents can agree on liking.

#49 03 Feb 08 :: 07:07

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I watched the commentary for this episode last night, I've never been very partial for JoA dvd commentaries, which is why it took me so long to watch it.

Anyway, there's talking about how they built up Joan and the audience's relationship with Judith so that both would feel her death deeply. I wonder how many people this actually worked on? I mean, I certainly didn't have an affection for Judith and was kinda glad when she died, only in the sense that it meant that I wouldn't have to put up with her on future episodes. Maybe that makes me sound cold, or harsh, but it's true, and I know I'm not the only one who didn't like Judith and was mostly unaffected by her death  (I say mostly because I felt for the characters, Joan, Friedman etc. who lost someone they cared about). So, I was wondering how much of their making Judith sympathetic to the audience actually worked, and how much of it was lost on people like me.

It's just that they make it sound like the audience as a whole was affected by Judith's death and I know that not everyone was.

Last edited by Susanna (03 Feb 08 :: 07:07)

tesig1.jpg

#50 03 Feb 08 :: 07:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Read the first post in this thread for my take.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer