#76 08 Sep 09 :: 18:09

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Re: The Girl Next Door fanfic "Alternate Universe" by Bree :]

Hehe then youre gonna be in hog heaven... cuz there is seven chapters altogether now.
Im working on chapter eight so let me know if I need to slow down a bit so you guys can get caught up. wink

PS: Deb I read the JOA fanfics all of you wrote from those links you posted to me... THANK YOU!!! They were INCREDIBLE!!!
Your writing skills are VERY IMPRESSIVE and I could totally feel where you were coming from and the character's feelings as I read.
INTENSE STUFF! Dont ever quit... keep up the great work! (I still have yet to read butterflies though...)

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:30)

~*Minions! Let's move! *snaps fingers*~ Eli Brooks TGND
~*We live in a crazy mixed up world. CRAZY. But oh so beautiful.*~ - Eli Brooks TGND

:::SELLING MY THE GIRL NEXT DOOR AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTER ON EBAY! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!!:::

#77 08 Sep 09 :: 18:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

What exactly did you read?  The prequels?  I don't remember what else we directed you to.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#78 08 Sep 09 :: 19:01

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

It was the ones that you guys did back and forth like a continuation:
experiments
dreaming is free
and all those others... I forget most of the titles but they were GREAT! big_smile

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:30)

~*We live in a crazy mixed up world. CRAZY. But oh so beautiful.*~ - Eli Brooks TGND

:::SELLING MY THE GIRL NEXT DOOR AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTER ON EBAY! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!!:::

#79 08 Sep 09 :: 19:29

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh, the teen smut.  I see.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#80 08 Sep 09 :: 19:39

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

lol yup. Very good stuff. I so totally wish Adam and Joan had made love just a little more PG13 in the show though and not super detailed.
So that it was obvious what they were doing and wanted to do but not so out of line and revealing that people would complain.

It would have been sweet. And then Bonnie could have been KICKED to the curb with Joan keeping Adam hooked on only her. *sighs*
I miss their relationship... it was so adorable and true.. really heartfelt. It's a crying shame... *shakes her head*

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:31)

#81 08 Sep 09 :: 20:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nothing we can do about the way the show went.  Which is why fic is so cathartic.  We're getting them to where they need to be.  We're going to rewrite the Independence Day camper scene next...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#82 08 Sep 09 :: 20:39

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

HOORAY!!! You go guys!!! big_smile
Let me know when it's done? I really need to get on with my chapter 8.... some pretty heavy stuff is about to go down.
im close to the part where she meets Eli for the first time. It's gonna be kick a** lol

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:32)

#83 08 Sep 09 :: 21:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Might be a while.  With me, things have to gestate a little bit before I committ them to the page.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#84 08 Sep 09 :: 21:49

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Thats totally cool. wink

I rarely ever plan ahead sequence of events in a story or screen play I write..
it just sort of... comes out as I go along all from my head... at random.

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:32)

#85 08 Sep 09 :: 21:59

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm Capricorn.  I gotta know where I'm going before I get on the road.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#86 08 Sep 09 :: 22:28

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

I'm Gemini... wild and free like the winds and can change any moment at the drop of the hat to suit myself or others better in life.

~Mrs.Brooks~

#87 08 Sep 09 :: 22:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I don't like driving in circles.  Ask TeeJay.  LOL!  I need a road map and a navigator.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#88 08 Sep 09 :: 22:42

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

LMFAO!!! lol I don't drive... I FLY!!! lol *flaps her wings*
No but seriously I love riding bikes, taking the buses.

I often entertain my thoughts with ideas of what it would be like tho to actually have wings and fly and soar around in the skies. *shrugs* I sometimes dream of it too.
Then again, double edged sword... I am TERRIFIED of heights and HATE flying in planes.

If I had complete control it could be fun and easy... I HATE PLANES! *shudders*
Ill grit my teeth and clench my hands on the chair arm rests through the whole flight.
HAHA Ill be gripping the arms of the seat and squeezing my eyes shut should I ever fly out to meet everyone for the big fan pow wow we could have someday.

Listen to me... I am so silly. XD Afraid of heights/planes, and yet wants to fly with giant wings.... lol

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:35)

#89 08 Sep 09 :: 22:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

I don't like driving in circles.  Ask TeeJay.  LOL!

Hey, I don't like driving in circles either!! wink

Yep, our LA trip with Deb at the helm and me as navigator was... let's say... interesting. We mostly got where we needed to go, but I distinctly remember a trip to an outlet mall that was a little delayed because we ended up where we didn't want to end up. It was also the day we had met Chris a few hours earlier, so you will understand. LOL

I now have a GPS, and whenever I go somewhere I don't know, I use it frequently. Next time I'm going to the US and need to get around by car, I will make sure to take it as well.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#90 08 Sep 09 :: 23:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm not crazy about flying myself.  It doesn't scare me so much as I just hate being cooped up in cramped quarters for hours and hours on end.  And I can't sleep on planes.

As for my need to at least have an idea of the beginning, middle and end of any story I write --- whether it be prose or a screenplay --- that's just ingrained in my thinking after studying writing for a couple of decades.  It's expecially important when writing a screenplay since the very best scripts are the ones that are perfectly "sequenced".  And I can explain sequencing later if anyone's interested.  I rarely do what one would consider an official outline or treatment.  But I do use index cards to "storyboard" as much of it as I've got before I start.  Of course the fun thing about writing is when it goes off in an unexpected direction.  But I still think --- for me --- it's important to at least have some kind of frame on which to hang my idea.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#91 08 Sep 09 :: 23:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Interestingly, my writing is very visual. I don't need to have an outline of the story so much as I need to have a clear picture of what the scenes and situations look like. Very often a story or chapter is based around what I call a "scene flash" -- a brief scene or snippet thereof that I see in my mind's eye -- and the rest of the story I then construct around that flash. It's like a movie playing in my head. I'm a very visual person not only where writing it concerned, a lot of my actions and reactions are based on visual stimuli or processes. Probably something I inherited from my dad, he loves painting and can appreciate a good motif--be it a painting or a photo.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#92 08 Sep 09 :: 23:19

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Very often a story or chapter is based around what I call a "scene flash" -- a brief scene or snippet thereof that I see in my mind's eye -- and the rest of the story I then construct around that flash. It's like a movie playing in my head. I'm a very visual person not only where writing it concerned, a lot of my actions and reactions are based on visual stimuli or processes

Sounds like you got a bit of Matthew Kidman from TGND in you there... man his visualizations were CRAZY WILD. Lol. Like the cops car crash during the chase? I heard on commentary that Emile kept cracking up during that scene at the cop crashing they had to keep re shooting that scene over and over until he could finally do it with a straight serious face. LMFAO!!!

But I do use index cards to "storyboard" as much of it as I've got before I start.

Yep... I definitely can relate to how you guys write.
Im mostly the same but the only difference is... your note card storyboards and your movie flash visualizations are a mix of the two for me and hardly have time to enter and leave my brain before my hands start typing away and putting them down.

So it seems random but really its just a really quick mental image/idea in a matter of seconds that turns into sentences before I know it.

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:37)

#93 08 Sep 09 :: 23:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Another thing is, my writing is often inspired by other movies or TV shows. Like I see a situation on the screen and it's like a switch is flicked. I start imagining "my" characters (in this case Adam and Joan) in the same or a similar situation and then create my own version of that scene. It actually happened the other day, and I may finally have found a way to end my "Why?" story. I can't even really remember what inspired me, but I think it was something from an old TNG episode. Now I just need to get the ball rolling and get back into that story.

Also, the TV summer hiatus really needs to end so that I get more fresh visual stimuli to inspire me! big_smile

-TeeJay

#94 08 Sep 09 :: 23:43

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Hehe well Ill be pulling for you TeeJay!!! Keep those creative waters flowing!!!
I look forward to reading it once it's all finished. I am trying so hard to get to the point of my fanfic.
I think one more chapter... and then they will meet... and thats where the HILARITY will begin... hehehee

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:38)

#95 09 Sep 09 :: 01:22

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Somehow I missed chapter 7, so I still have to read that.  It won't be tonight though.  I came home with a headache.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#96 09 Sep 09 :: 01:28

Warbee
Unchallenged

sad Thats not cool Deb. Maybe try to get an early night and feel better. Bree you are awesome. I am seriously loving your stories. I have never really thought about art the way that you have put it. But its a good way to describe it with an ocean of emotion. I'm still curious as to how these 2 worlds are going to collide, but im enjoying the story as it goes too

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#97 09 Sep 09 :: 02:13

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Im glad you guys are enjoying it. That was my main focus... to create something we could all enjoy together. *smiles*
and yes Deb thats not good... please get some rest and relax try to get better.
if you want I can e mail chapter seven to you.... it should be on here somewhere but maybe I didnt post it on accident? *shrugs* Ill figure it out.
oh and Kate.. your tarot reading is up in the random things thread that arent related to Chris... ENJOY. It was an amazing reading!

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:39)

#98 09 Sep 09 :: 02:22

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's here, it's on page 3.  I just missed it somehow.  I'll probably just print out the last 2 chapters at work tomorrow and take them to lunch with me.  I had a bit of a lie down earlier.  Still have a dull headache around the eyes.  I just need not to blow out my eyeballs online tonight, and to not sit at a weird angle in my chair.  And I absolutely have to crash before 1 AM.   For some stupid reason, I stayed up last night to watch Alpha Dog get raped by USA Network.  Do NOT watch the TV version of the movie.  It's terrible.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#99 09 Sep 09 :: 02:30

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

awww... so much sad news.
I truly hope your days get better and brighter and that you feel better soon!!
xoxo

Yes... rest and relaxation
dont stress yourself out when you are not feeling good. Take your time ok?
The stories will be here for you for when you are better. wink

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:40)

#100 09 Sep 09 :: 02:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm kicking back in my computer chair with my feet up, watching TV instead of reading a bunch of articles on my political or metaphysical websites like I normally do, or reading your fic.  wink

Just checking in during the commercials...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer