#1 25 Jul 06 :: 13:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Your Top Five Performances

I kind of stole the idea from Deb, but I think she'll be ok with that. wink

Here you can post your Top Five Chris Performances.
These are mine so far:

1) American Gun. Definitely my No. 1. No need to say more about that. big_smile
2) The Tic Code.  I had this "Wow"-Effect when I watched it for the first time. He was only 14 years old but he already played it so perfectly and just wonderful. The people who know me will know why this movie is so important for me.
3) JoA - especially Trial&Error - Break Up Scene. Definitely the most heartbreaking scene of the whole show (it breaks my heart every time I watch it), but the performance is just brilliant.
4) GND/Just Friends. I know JF is a stupid movie, but I love the way he grimaces in the Massage Scene! It's just so hilarious and it cracks me up every time I watch it. big_smile And GND is classic. big_smile
5) Top Five includes Miracles and Huff.

I hugged the Seeker!

#2 25 Jul 06 :: 21:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Your Top Five Performances

3) JoA - Trial&Error - Break Up Scene. Definitely the most heartbreaking scene of the whole show (it breaks my heart every time I watch it), but the performance is just brilliant.

I feel the need to say something about this.  Yes, that scene is stunning.  Absolutely stunning.  It damn-near killed me the first time I saw it.  But there's so much more to his work in that ep.  It's not just about that one scene.  When I watch it, I find myself knocked out by how we don't know what's going on with Adam for the longest time, but we know something is terribly, terribly wrong.  The guilt is on him like a crushing weight.  Witness the scene where Joan gives him the airbrush pen.  And what about the scene in the bookstore where he's trying so hard to make everything just be all right again?  And the scene with she-who-will-remain-nameless.  So sordid and painful.  God, how gut-wrenching is this whole thing?

To go back to something we talked about a little while ago; saying that Chris's performance in Trial & Error is all about the confession scene is kind of like saying Haley Osment's performance in The Sixth Sense is only about the "I see dead people" scene.  It just doesn't go far enough with the praise.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 25 Jul 06 :: 22:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

To go back to something we talked about a little while ago; saying that Chris's performance in Trial & Error is all about the confession scene is kind of like saying Haley Osment's performance in The Sixth Sense is only about the "I see dead people" scene.  It just doesn't go far enough with the praise.

Oh God, so true. The airbrush scene, that's what I first thought about when you mentioned the guilt. Plus the one in the bookstore, where he goes in and almost breaks down crying in Joan's arms. That scene alone inspired me to write "'Til It's Gone".

Also, the scene in the mock trial room that precedes the break-up scene--that's so powerful. How Adam just sits there and is being verbally crushed by Joan. So heartbreaking. Make my gut wrench every time. And how Joan is standing there with the single tear running down her face. So so powerful. Man, I could sing praise about this episode for pages. No wonder it makes me want to write one fan fiction after the next.

Girls, let's move this over to the JoA section. Click here to go there: Trial & Error discussion

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#4 25 Jul 06 :: 22:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Crap, now I want to watch the ep again.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5 25 Jul 06 :: 22:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Girls, let's move this over to the JoA section. Click here to go there: Trial & Error discussion

Thanks for opening the new thread, Tina. I wanted to have a place where we can share our Top 5 Performances. We can talk about Trial&Error in the JoA Section.

I hugged the Seeker!

#6 05 Aug 06 :: 16:19

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I haven't posted my top 5 performances, have I? Okay, here goes:

#1: Miracles
Yes, this is my top performance, it even tops American Gun. He just does the kid Travis so torturous that it rips my heart out every time. Don't think I've ever seen a performance that made me cringe as much as this did and still does every time I rewatch it.

#2: American Gun
That's my number two, following Miracles very closely. We all know why. DAVIDNEEDSAHUG! That meltdown was just damn near brilliant. Is there any scene where we see him and he doesn't have tears in his eyes?

#3: Just Friends
Ah, I know, you're gonna go: What???!! now, right? I didn't want to watch this movie for such a long time because I was sure I would not like it. Well, I don't like the movie that much, but I just LOVE Chris in it. And this is about performances and not the movie. And his performance was just hilarious and wonderful. Deb said recently she loved his gorgeous rubber face. That's what it is, he can do so many funny grimaces and it's always spot-on. In Deb's words: Chris is the most adorable horndog ever.

#4: Joan of Arcadia
Sweet Adam. Don't we all love him? Don't we all want our own Adam at home we can hug to death? No character has been played into  my heart and got stuck there as much and as long as Adam has. And writing fan fiction has never been so much fun. If I had to name one scene that has stuck with me expecially, it would have to be the break-up scene from T&E. No question. Never have I agonized about something on TV as much as I did about that episode and that scene.

#5: Huff
This character James was just so different, it was both refreshing and surprising watching Chris portraying a character that you don't want to hug to death or who's not some horny comedic jerk, as much as I love those. You thought he can't pull off playing a bad guy? Oh yes, he so can!

It's so hard to put his performances into any sort of order that makes sense, because I loved him as Eli, Miles, Cody and Marc too. But I guess the five above are my very favorites.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#7 06 Aug 06 :: 18:07

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Being the weirdo that I am, I DO wanna hug James to death.  I want to take him home after his last scene, nurse him back to health and help him get his ten-fold Biblical revenge on tweety-pie Byrd.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#8 06 Aug 06 :: 19:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yep. Total weirdo. Okay, I can see wanting to nurse James, but I can't see hugging him. You can have him all for yourself, Deb. smile

-TeeJay

#9 07 Aug 06 :: 03:40

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yum.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 15 Aug 06 :: 14:08

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I think the Huff perfomances is hidden in my Top 5 somewhere too. Yes, I confess it, I love James too. wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#11 07 May 07 :: 06:51

deedee

1) touched by an angel.. tourette episode...
to this day it always makes me cry.. ive wathced it over and over again since i taped it.
2) the invisible.. it was so gut wrenching.. yes they cut out alot.. but hey tht means i get to look forward to it being on dvd
3) girl next door & just friends.. these 2 are tied.... girl next door with all his " i just wana bang hot chicks" and just friends with all his girly screams.. they are dead even.. but wait okay just friends is .1 point up.. u get to see a glimse of his abs in the massage scene
4) boston public... yes i know.. rare but this was one of the first times i rember falling head over heals for this actor. his acting in this was soo good and was what got me hooked on CM. *( sounds like im describing a drug:S do we have chris marquette anonoyms meetings yet?)*
and # 5)...again its a tie.. i gelive it woul dhave to be strong medicine & huff.. i know ties arent fair.. but yes.. its a tie.

now because there are so many things i have yet to see due to them not being released ill have to update this.. eventually and make it a top ten:P
im so excited for : fanboys.. graduation.. the edcuation of charlie banks.. and omg infestation looks halarious.. ohh and everything else coming up far to many to list.. fo shizzle my nizzle:)

OKAY and before i forget Joanof Arcadia is not listed there.. WHY you ask.. i have only seen 3 episodes now.. yes im a joa virgin:O but yes its on five nights a week so ive started:D:D tommorow=boat episode.. yes!

#12 07 May 07 :: 15:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

We HOPE we get to see deleted Pete on the TI DVD.  Didn't happen with AD so I'm not gonna get excited about that until it's announced.  At least we'll probably get the DVD fairly soon since the movie's tanking at the box office.  On over 2000 screens it has only made $12,000,000 in two weeks.   AD did that much on half as many screens and it was rated R.  Pretty pathetic, really.  I think bad word of mouth is killing it.

As for needing a CM Annonymous, I thought that's what this message board was.  wink

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#13 08 May 07 :: 17:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

We HOPE we get to see deleted Pete on the TI DVD.

Oh yes, we do! yikes
I couldn't bear another DVD frustration ... :fedup:

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 10 May 07 :: 11:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Looks like TI is tanking in Germany too. I blame it on the lack of promotion. Moving the release date forward was one of the most stupid decisions they could have made, if you ask me. And it also looks like they won't get any money for a movie ticket from me either, seeing how I'm not gonna watch it dubbed.

-TeeJay

#15 10 May 07 :: 12:43

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That's unfair. I wanna see it and there is not a single sign of the movie for Stuttgart. Darn!!! **** German Cinema Business! I HATE it!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 12 May 07 :: 01:24

shoothoops22

My tops 5 are

1. Joan of arcadia
2.amercan gun
3. girl next door
4. strong medicene
5. just freinds

The G song haha

Board footer