#1 29 Aug 07 :: 11:22

Illinoisguy1
Banned

How does Chris prefer to be credited in his films?

Last edited by Illinoisguy1 (25 Jun 09 :: 08:19)

#2 29 Aug 07 :: 13:28

magicalturkey
Website

Re: How does Chris prefer to be credited in his films?

For some reason, it seems to depend what he's doing.  In comedies like Girl Next Door and Just Friends he's credited as Chris but in Joan of Arcadia, Strong Medicine and in most of the other dramatic stuff he's done it's Christopher.  It might be that he wants to be taken more seriously in dramatic stuff and Christopher sounds more professional and Chris could help him get that image of "just one of the guys".

... yeah, I really don't know.

LifeSucks.jpg

#3 29 Aug 07 :: 14:33

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That's a very good question, actually. We could ask him why he's sometimes credited as Chris and sometimes at Christopher next time. Laura might be right, and I've noticed it too that he's sometimes Chris and sometimes Christopher. I think in The Tic Code he was actually credited as Christopher George Marquette. I know that as a person, he's usually called Chris instead of Christopher. Or Marquette, probably because there's lots of Chrises around. Even Di seems to call him Marquette... Might be that his parents only called him Christopher when he did something wrong. wink "Christopher, come here. Did you eat all the cookies again?" - (Chris points at Eric) "No, he did it."

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#4 29 Aug 07 :: 18:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

In TTC he's credited as "introducing Christopher George Marquette". I should know, I've seen this movie 1000 times. LOL
Yeah, I also think it's Chris for comedy and Christopher for dramatic stuff. And the full name is proably showing up when it's some bigger production or something like that. (Although I think Freddy vs Jason doesn't qualify as a big thing. wink )

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 09 Sep 07 :: 05:56

herrommance
Website

Hmm...I think it is weird him going by Marquette. That just doesnt seem like one of those last names that someone would go by.

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#6 09 Sep 07 :: 09:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

herrommance wrote:

That just doesnt seem like one of those last names that someone would go by.

That is what I like about the name. It's not a last name for everybody. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 09 Sep 07 :: 12:32

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Chris getting called Marquette completely reminds me of Grace calling everyone by their last names in JoA.

tesig1.jpg

#8 09 Sep 07 :: 19:08

herrommance
Website

nope not everybody...it's a good name.lol

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

Board footer