#1 04 Jan 08 :: 05:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Chris & Kyle Newman Interviewed On Internet Radio This Weekend!

Just got this from Jamey...

Just wanted to alert you that Chris and his 'Fanboys' director Kyle Newman will be guests on the interviet radio show MOVIE GEEKS UNITED! this Sunday at 6pm EST.  Fans may call in with questions or converse with other fans on our chat room during the broadcast.

www.blogtalkradio.com/moviegeeksunited

Gather up your Fanboys questions guys and get those dialing fingers ready!  Maybe we can finally get some answers.

What if we all try calling in and see if any of us can get through?  Make it a Dorquette project.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#2 04 Jan 08 :: 07:14

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Re: Chris & Kyle Newman Interviewed On Internet Radio This Weekend!

That's awesome!  We should try and think of some questions, in case anyone gets in.

Last edited by justme (04 Jan 08 :: 07:16)

#3 04 Jan 08 :: 09:02

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Awesome!!!!!!!!

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#4 04 Jan 08 :: 09:57

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That's awesome! They will shut off my internet connection on Jan 6, though. So I won't be able to listen. That's just perfect timing. Not!

I have a friend who's good with audio stuff on the PC, so I've asked him if he would be willing to record it for me. Let's cross our fingers that it'll work out. Does anyone else around here know how to record it who might be able to do so?

I'm just going through our Chris questions thread to see if there's any unasked Fanboys questions there. Paige had one. Both Kyle and Chris should answer that one:
If you were put into Linus's situation, what is the last thing you would want to do?
(I'm assuming it's "last thing" in a timeline context and not as in something you'd never do. If so, maybe we should rephrase to: ... what is the very last thing you would want to do in your life?)

That's the only Fanboys-related question I could find. I guess if we wanted to try to coax some info out of the guys where the reshoots are concerned, we could go with something like:
You did some reshoots for Fanboys at the end of last year, can you tell us if and how they will affect the original storyline of the movie?

I'd also like to know about the merchandising thing that Kyle mentioned in an interview before:
Kyle, you talked about some merchandising ideas for Fanboys before, such as Fanboys action figures and lunch boxes, possibly as a tie-in with a fast food chain. Any more news on that? Can we expect Zoe, Eric, Linus, Windows and Hutch figurines with our chicken nuggets and French fries some time in the future?

I guess it's pointless to ask about a release date. That's not Kyle's and Chris's decision to make. And I'm sure that'll be addressed at some point during the whole interview. If we don't ask, I'm sure some other caller will.

Also, what I would totally do is write an e-mail to Jamey and send in my merchandise question, explaining that since I'll be internet connection-less on that day and won't be able to listen to the interview, if he would be so kind as to ask Kyle my question for me. You think that's worth a try?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#5 04 Jan 08 :: 12:03

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That's really awesome. It just sucks that I can't participate. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#6 04 Jan 08 :: 15:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

This could be a question for Chris that just came to me:
Chris, what aspect of Linus's character did you identify most with and what aspect the least?
Though that's quite a brainy question, he might have to think about an answer to that one a little...

How about: In Fanboys, what did you enjoy playing more, the emotional scenes or the comic scenes?

Or this would be fun to know: Chris, did you keep a prop/piece of wardrobe from the movie for yourself after shooting wrapped? If so, what was it? Was there anything you would have liked to keep but couldn't?

EDIT: Just talked to Ralf, he'll give his best to record the interview for us. Yay! smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#7 04 Jan 08 :: 19:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm gonna record it off my computer speakers with the VR.  I'm not sure any of these Fanboys questions will even apply anymore since they may have changed the plot.  What I wanna know is:

Does Linus still die?

Is Kyle still the "director of record"?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#8 04 Jan 08 :: 19:15

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, I was thinking of asking some subtle way to ask if Linus dies, but Deb's way works too. wink

LifeSucks.jpg

#9 04 Jan 08 :: 19:29

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

If I did get through and actually asked that, I can just hear Kyle saying, "No spoilers.  You'll have to see the movie."  Bastard.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 04 Jan 08 :: 19:32

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, that's true.  I'm honestly not even gonna try to get through... I have a bad track record of talking on the phone with Chris, I wouldn't do us any good :embarrassed:

LifeSucks.jpg

#11 04 Jan 08 :: 19:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If you asked Kyle if he was still the "director of record" and he's not, would he answer that question? Major awkward moment! Would he even do this interview if he wasn't?

If they changed the plotline and Linus doesn't die anymore, would they give any sort of satisfactory answer before an official press release has come out? I think not.

Which doesn't mean we can't ask these questions, of course. One of you will have to be the one to pose them in the first place. tongue

-TeeJay

#12 04 Jan 08 :: 19:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I'm hoping that I won't be the only one seeking answers to the very confusing messages that came out of the reshoots.  And I will find a better way to pose the questions.  I might also drop Chris a quick email to let him know that some of us, including me, will be trying to get through.  That way, he might be able to help us get "selected" to ask our questions on air.

Also, we can think about sending Jamey a list of questions that he and his cohorts might not otherwise think of since they're not Chris fans or movie boosters.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#13 04 Jan 08 :: 19:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, that sounds good. I'm just not sure what kind of listeners/question posers there'll be. I kinda doubt anyone else listening/calling in knows as much about the movie and the reshoots as we do. Most of these guys might not even be aware that there were reshoots, much less the rumors surrounding them.

When Kyle did the Force-Cast, there were no questions about Fanboys at all, it seemed like all they wanted to talk about was Star Wars. Granted, this won't be a Star Wars-themed podcast, but if you're expecting all the hardcore Fanboys fans to be gathered in front of their speakers with the phone in hand to ask the pertinent questions, I think you'll be in for a bit of a disappointment.

-TeeJay

#14 04 Jan 08 :: 20:42

rayce33

Thanks to everyone for the interest in Sunday's broadcast.  Just to clarify a few things:

-anyone can feel free to send me over any questions they have in mind (just leave your name with your questions so I can give you credit).  Email to me at moviegeeksunited@yahoo.com

-please understand that if I get to your question at all during the interview, I will probably limit to one question

-If you miss the live broadcast, you can catch the show anytime on replay.  There's no need to record...it's automatically done for you!

Looking forward to the show on Sunday and we hope you all enjoy it!  Feel free to look through our archive of shows at our website:  www.blogtalkradio.com/moviegeeksunited

All the best,
Jamey DuVall

#15 04 Jan 08 :: 20:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thanks, Jamey!  We were thinking of sending questions from some of our members.  That would be great.  It's cool that you'll have it archived, but we'll still be recording it for our own personal use.  wink

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#16 04 Jan 08 :: 21:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yes, thanks so much for clarifying, Jamey. Don't worry, we won't bombard you with questions. We were just tossing ideas around. We might send you a few questions by e-mail, once we've decided what would be good to ask.

-TeeJay

#17 04 Jan 08 :: 21:25

rayce33

If you have iTunes, you can subscribe to our show and download Sunday's broadcast for free.  That gives you an mp3 or wav file that you can do anything you want with...whether it's embedding into your website or burning a CD.

#18 04 Jan 08 :: 21:28

magicalturkey
Website

I have iTunes, so I can do that... I think

LifeSucks.jpg

#19 04 Jan 08 :: 21:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I've never been able to do anything with the iTunes files I have on my PC because I have the basic account and an off-brand MP3 player.  I thought all iTunes stuff was proprietary and only worked on iPods.  Am I wrong about that?  I'd really like to have it on my VR or MP3 player so I can listen to it anytime anyplace.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#20 04 Jan 08 :: 21:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I can totally ask Rob to download the file for me, he has iTunes. He might be opposed to it for the sheer fact that this is something Chris-related (he'd totally roll his eyes now), but I believe I can verbally pester him long enough for him to buckle. big_smile

And if Jamey says you can download it as an MP3, you should be able to play it on your MP3 player. Unless the MP3 comes with playback rights, but I don't even know if MP3s can have that kind of restriction. I'm guessing they can.

EDIT: Jamey, we also plugged parts of your "press release" into our News section on the actual website. Hope a lot of Chris fans come and listen!

Oh, and Deb? I think only the stuff you buy off iTunes is proprietary with certain playback rights. This interview wouldn't be something you'll have to pay for.

-TeeJay

#21 04 Jan 08 :: 22:49

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's not that I'm afraid I'll have to pay for it.  I've just always thought that you can't upload iTunes stuff to anything but iPods.  At least that's what Joe said when I was trying get the AD soundtrack.  But what do I know?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#22 04 Jan 08 :: 22:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It's not like I know much about iTunes. Never used it. Don't really want to either. I'll ask Rob on Monday, if he'll be in the office then. I'm pretty sure that the stuff you have to buy off iTunes only comes in iTunes format that you can't play anywhere else. But this sounds like you can also get free stuff through it that'll come in different formats to choose from.

-TeeJay

#23 05 Jan 08 :: 00:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I will be e-mailing some collected questions to Jamey tomorrow, so if anyone wants to add a question for Kyle and/or Chris, post away, they might just get asked during the interview.

-TeeJay

#24 05 Jan 08 :: 08:45

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I'm glad to hear that you'll be recording it, Deb. I'll probably be too busy on Sunday to listen to it.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#25 05 Jan 08 :: 11:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

You can always go back to the Movie Geeks site and listen to the interview there. They'll be archiving it so that you can listen to it on their site even after it has aired live.

-TeeJay

Board footer