#26 03 Oct 06 :: 20:14

irina

Re: All you IMDb jerks out there

sarcastic english, is always a good ideea!:lol:
i don't know if i have anything to contribute. but i do like to discover actors. and chris seems to have a lot to offer.:)

#27 03 Oct 06 :: 20:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

irina wrote:

and chris seems to have a lot to offer.:)

Girl, you don't know the first thing about what he has to offer if you've only seen JoA and Huff yet. smile I recommend The Girl Next Door and also maybe Just Friends, just because he's so refreshingly goofy in it (even if I didn't really like the rest of the movie much). And  Chris just rocks in American Gun! Lots of that great tear duct action.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#28 03 Oct 06 :: 21:06

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, Girl Next Door! You have to see this! And, well, Just Friends is a stupid movie, but Chris is just funny, because he has a great comedy gift.
I also still recommend The Tic Code and American Gun, my alltime favorite movies! wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#29 15 Oct 06 :: 18:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's another fine example of IMDb jerks. Because this time I was outright personally insulted. Someone asked if anyone knew if he's still single. And that really annoyed me, so I posted something like, Why the hell do you care? It's his decision who he's with and if he stays single or not and that I didn't know if he was with anyone and that I didn't care. And just now someone went off on me, saying, Hey, did this person ask you post that you don't know who he's with? No, so shut your big mouth and STFU if you don't have anything to contribute.

Yeah, great, thank you. I didn't reply, of course. These things are better ignored, I don't wanna end up in another flame war. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have opened my big, fat mouth if I was only gonna vent, but I just can't stand all these people going, Oh, look who he's with, she's such an ugly bitch (probably just because they're jealous). I mean, come on! People, get a life! If someone loves someone, it shouldn't matter if that person is ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. Some of the men I've been in love with weren't beauties, but I fell in love anyway. And that's what matters.

And for the record, I hope Chris has someone like that. Or finds her. He sure deserves that, but I guess being away from home for months on end doesn't quite offer a good basis for a healthy, long-lasting relationship. He'll settle down some day, I'm sure. But he's young. I hope he enjoys is while it lasts. smile

Oh, and for a second I was tempted to reply: I've met him, you stupid person, and you haven't and probably never will! <blows raspberry>

But I didn't. And I won't.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#30 15 Oct 06 :: 18:57

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

These people will never stop. Just leave them like they are and don't care about what they say. They just don't get how stupid it is to post something like that. And yeah, I also hope that Chris has someone like that or will find her. He certainly deserves it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#31 16 Oct 06 :: 01:57

irina

girls, don't get it like that! i mean i like lots of people ( actors and figure skaters-another hobby of mine) and some times have silly conversations with my friends about them. sometimes really stupid ones. of course i have a certain age where i know what's real and what's not, but maybe the girl on imdb was just a teenager and that was just how her mind worked and she didn't mean anything bad by it.
i actually don't care about this too much, i just wish you wouldn't get so upset. not good for you:D

#32 16 Oct 06 :: 03:06

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I agree it's not good to get upset at IMDb people.  I try not to fight with them, though I will say my peace when I feel I have to.  Most of the people who post there oddly don't really even care that much about what they say or who they say it about.  So we shouldn't either.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#33 16 Oct 06 :: 09:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

irina wrote:

i actually don't care about this too much, i just wish you wouldn't get so upset. not good for you:D

Yeah, I realize that I shouldn't get all riled up about this. But I just can't help it. Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore and am more grown up about the whole thing. (Which is not to say that I'm very grown up in general.) And just like Deb, I will say what is on my mind when I feel like I need to. I also get the vibe that often people post offensive or provocative things just to engage in heated coversation or flame war. I mean, come on, people, what is wrong with you? I will try my best to ignore such posts in the future, but I can't promise that I will. I mean, with Chris being such a nice guy (which we now know first hand), I feel like I have to come to his defense when people say "I wanna beat him up for his happy-go-lucky attitude". Because, dude, he couldn't be more modest if he wanted to. There is NOTHING about him that would suggest he expects people to respect him or his celebrity status to make him someone special.

Okay, enough ranting for the day. I'm really tired. Went to beg at 12.15 AM last night, but I don't think I feel asleep until around 1. And my alarm went off at 6:40, so.... And now I have almost 500 e-mails at work to read up on. How exciting... not.

-TeeJay

#34 16 Oct 06 :: 09:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, I realize that I shouldn't get all riled up about this. But I just can't help it. Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore and am more grown up about the whole thing. (Which is not to say that I'm very grown up in general.) And just like Deb, I will say what is on my mind when I feel like I need to. I also get the vibe that often people post offensive or provocative things just to engage in heated coversation or flame war. I mean, come on, people, what is wrong with you? I will try my best to ignore such posts in the future, but I can't promise that I will. I mean, with Chris being such a nice guy (which we now know first hand), I feel like I have to come to his defense when people say "I wanna beat him up for his happy-go-lucky attitude". Because, dude, he couldn't be more modest if he wanted to. There is NOTHING about him that would suggest he expects people to respect him or his celebrity status to make him someone special.

That's the reason why I am  happy sometimes that my English is still not perfect. Because if it was perfect, I would post so much more on the imdb boards although I know it won't change anything. Sometimes I wonder why I still go there from time to time, because there are so many jerks there, not only on the Chris board, I've read a lot of stupid posts on other boards, too. I am also a person who says what's on her mind when I feel the need to do this. But I also respect the opinions of other people when they are serious. But what I hate is when people just coming there to post some stupid think like "I wanna beat him up" or something like that. This is disrespectful and unnecessary but unfortunately there are some people who will never learn that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#35 25 Oct 06 :: 20:08

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Maybe we should expand this thread to all those myspace users who have a fake celebrity account. To you people: Seriously, GET A LIFE!

I hugged the Seeker!

#36 25 Oct 06 :: 20:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

To you people: Seriously, GET A LIFE!

Or pour your excess energy into a website about your favorite actor. I've heard that really helps making your life anything but boring. (And, well said, Anne.)

-TeeJay

#37 12 Nov 06 :: 20:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's some maybe true trivia that someone posted on IMDb today: Chris has a girlfriend by the name of Sarah Charlotte and lives with her in LA. Well, could be true, could not be true. All I wanna say is: Lucky girl. smile Hope they make it, what with him being on the road all the time.

IMDb doesn't list her, but this is what wikipedia says:
Sarah Charlotte, born August 20, 1983, is a working actress and aspiring screenwritter who has also written and published two books under an alias.

A California native, she has written, directed, and starred in the German short film, The Massacres

She has had her worked published in newspapers and is currently working as a model in the Bay Area, where she lives in apartment with her dog Steve McQueen.

The Massacres? Never heard of it. Wiki also has some info about it:

The Massacres (2006) is a independent short film written and directed by three students in San Francisco. The movie is done entirely in German context. Filmed in the Bay Area, the film follows two girls stranded after a freak car accident. After a series of strange occurences, we meet a third girl. As the three girls attempt to find safety, they befriend a serial killer, who agrees to lead them to safety if they help him murder a young woman and her baby. Stars Sarah Charlotte, Kristina Merani, and Keeli Cowgill.

Now, what is "entirely in German context" supposed to mean??

-TeeJay

#38 12 Nov 06 :: 20:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Pretty cool.  She's obviously a smart woman.  So he digs smart.  Best wishes to Chris and Sarah!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#39 12 Nov 06 :: 20:30

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, if she's a model, he must also dig pretty. wink But who doesn't?

-TeeJay

#40 12 Nov 06 :: 20:33

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I saw that earlier today on imdb (and wikipedia). Lucky girl. wink I hope the jerks will not start to post rubbish about her on the imdb boards. Hey, they deserve to be happy with each other.
And yeah, I also want to know what's with the "entirely German context". Hey, Chris, send us some info on The Massacres! Then we'll promote your girlfriend and her short film on our site too. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#41 19 Nov 06 :: 01:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, someone deleted the Sarah Charlotte entry from wikipedia again. Wonder what that's all about. But these people deserve their privacy, so I'm not gonna do any more "research" on this. If he has a girlfriend, no matter what her name is, I hope they're both really happy. He deserves a girl and a lucky girl sure does deserve him. smile

-TeeJay

#42 19 Nov 06 :: 10:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

My speech.

I hugged the Seeker!

#43 19 Nov 06 :: 11:46

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

You mean "mein Reden"? That does not make sense in English, Anne. What are you trying to say?

-TeeJay

#44 19 Nov 06 :: 13:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

LOL Yeah, I meant to say "Meine Rede". But I'm using a lot of German terms in English too, you know this. wink
PS: You can say you to me. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#45 22 Nov 06 :: 22:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey, did you guys see that two people are arguing back and forth about Chris's girlfriend on IMDb?  And check out just which ones they are.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#46 22 Nov 06 :: 22:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I saw that. One is the person that I tagged as maybe being his bro Eric and the other has the nickname alphadog-something. Why, is the second person someone I should know? I was tempted to post something, but then I stayed away. I keep saying it's none of our business to discuss who his girlfriend is, so maybe I should be true to my own word.

-TeeJay

#47 22 Nov 06 :: 22:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I so don't care about that, sorry. If they have to make it their business if he has a girlfriend or not instead of getting an own life, it's their thing. roll I absolutely don't care about what they say and who they are and if this is really true.

I hugged the Seeker!

#48 22 Nov 06 :: 22:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Just thought it was interesting that the alphadog person, who seems to be a fan, is acting like he or she knows everything for a flat fact and the Eric person keeps referring to Wiki as if it actually means anything.  Who are these people?  And why are they so up in his business?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#49 22 Nov 06 :: 23:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Geez, I don't know. Actually, I don't really care. I mean, it's kinda amusing, but I'm not gonna butt in on them on IMDb. Let them battle. But did you notice how none of them is actually coming forth as to how they claim to know this?

-TeeJay

#50 23 Nov 06 :: 03:32

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Of course not because they're either close to him and don't want to reveal who they are, or they're nobody and they're full of crap.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer