#1 10 Aug 06 :: 07:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Chris and Michael Welch

I just stumbled across Michael Welch's blog once again (and I wish Chris had something like that too!) and there was something I hadn't really realized before that now struck me. Chris just recently did two movies together with Michael: The Beautiful Ordinary and Choose Connor. I don't know why, but it didn't really register with me that Michael was in both those movies too. Makes me want to see them even more. (Unfortunately, Michael didn't say anything about Chris in his blog.)

I just downloaded and watched Michael's demo reel they offer on his website. Great stuff. And you can see him with long hair (can't say I dig it--but that's a pattern with me). And he's really good at playing the angry kid, too. I wanna see Chris's demo reel!!! (I've seen Martin Lindow's.)

And to explain for those who don't know what a demo reel is: It's a video with a collection of some of the actor's best scenes (hey, maybe we should do our own Chris demo reel), around 5 minutes long, aimed at showing the whole range of one's acting abilities. Basically like a picture on your job application, only this "picture" is moving. This is passed to whoever has an interest in the actor or those who have a say in something that the actor wants to work on. It's sort of a pre-audition thing where someone who possibly wants to hire an actor can look at him/her and get an impression what he/she's like before meeting him/her. (Right, Deb?)

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 10 Aug 06 :: 16:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Chris and Michael Welch

One's reel can also be used instead of an audition, say if you can't get to the audition because it's on the other side of the country and you're currently shooting so you can't get away.  I would bet that this happens a lot with Chris since he's pretty much working no-stop.  His reel probably gets a workout!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 10 Aug 06 :: 18:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

What do you think will be on there? We should really make our own "best of Chris" video. We all know the AG meltdown will have to be in it. What else? The T&E break-up scene? Which James scene? The "biblical revenge" one? And which Eli scene? And which JF scene?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#4 15 Aug 06 :: 14:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

When it comes to JF it has to be the Massage Scene (the "You're naked" quote is priceless, isn't it? big_smile) and GND ... oh God, let me think about that, I am planning to re-watch the movie tonight. LOL

And yes, I want to have Chris's demo reel too ... but I guess if I would do my own Chris demo reel it would not be just five minutes long ... LOL

EDIT: I'm in the middle of watching Michael's demo reel ... wow, where did he play that bomb guy? That's a remarkable performance! yikes

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 15 Aug 06 :: 16:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

The bomb guy was in NCIS, wasn't it?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#6 15 Aug 06 :: 21:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't know, that's why I am asking! wink

NCIS? Bummer! I don't watch this show, otherwise I may have seen it in German already. If that season is available here.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer