#76 12 Sep 07 :: 18:48

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: All you IMDb jerks out there

I second what Deb said. And I would NEVER post any details about my life (as my address) on a public message board, especially not the imdb boards. You never know who might read it. Thing is, you can warn other people about that, but you can never really stop them.

I hugged the Seeker!

#77 28 Feb 08 :: 02:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

This one's for the IMDb mods:

YOU SUCK!

They've been deleting the hell out of me lately.  Most of the time, it was probably TWC or Brillohead having me deleted.  Today, they deleted something that really puzzles me.

Some one posted on Chris's board something like...

He's always...
...the funny one in his movies.

I answered...

Yes, he is!  And there's more to come soon.  I looks like we might get to see Graduation, The Beautiful Ordinary, The Education OF Charlie Banks, Fanboys and Infestation before the year is over.  Infestation might not hit the big screen until early '09.  But we may just have all the others gracing our DVD shelves before the end of '08.

Who would get that deleted?  I didn't release any secret information.  Gave no dates.  I merely said we might get to see these movies this year.  And that is totally true.  We either will or we won't.  So I can't be wrong whichever way it turns out, can I?

I mean, WTF?!?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#78 28 Feb 08 :: 03:36

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

That's screwed up. IMDB sucks!! I barely log on anymore or post.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#79 28 Feb 08 :: 08:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That is weird. Does it maybe have something to do with someone being overly careful about Infestation or the other movies you mentioned? But then again, what you said is common knowledge, it's on the internet. Officially. Very weird. Maybe someone is just making an example, deleting random posts of yours just because he/she can. And to annoy the hell out of you.

I checked IMDb this morning, they didn't delete any of the posts I made on the Fanboys board last night, but they deleted MindVault's post (the one where I presume he said that the full version of the movie was screened at C Europe). I've asked him to repost. Oh, and they deleted my Stop Darth Weinstein post off the Chris board. I reposted it. Wonder if they'll delete me as a user if I repost it again and again if they keep deleting it. wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#80 28 Feb 08 :: 16:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Not as long as you're not violating the TOS, they'd better not.  If they do, screw it, open a new account with a different user name.  They won't ban your IP unless you become an insane troll like the one on the AD board last year that they let run roughshod for about 8 months before they finally made a move.  I'd really like to know who's running around having stuff deleted though.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#81 29 Feb 08 :: 01:57

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Its funny how the posts that get deleted the most, are ones by people who are just giving an opinion and not cursing or anything. Once all of my posts got deleted. I kept posting on 1 bands board standing up for them and I guess someone kept reporting me. Its stupid and wrong because there's a thing called freedom of speech.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#82 01 Mar 08 :: 14:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I haven't been on the imdb boards for ages now. This place is way too crowded with morons and idiots. And it seems that the mods there aren't even better.

I hugged the Seeker!

#83 01 Mar 08 :: 15:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It's been okay on the Fanboys board lately. Actually, it's been fun, defending the movie. And sticking our tongue out at whoever had our posts deleted by reposting them. And it's been very rewarding because Deb keeps being told by people involved in the movie (on Kyle's side) that they're really appreciating that we're sticking up for them and our cause.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#84 01 Mar 08 :: 15:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wait, there are people who repost your posts to post them by themselves? Wow. These people REALLY don't have a life, do they? LOL
But yeah, it's great that Kyle and his people appreciate what you do.

I hugged the Seeker!

#85 01 Mar 08 :: 15:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Wait, there are people who repost your posts to post them by themselves?

Huh? No. Maybe I phrased this wrong. Someone kept having our posts deleted off IMDb. We kept reposting our original posts, once they were deleted. Just to show them that we won't let ourselves be forced into silence.

-TeeJay

#86 01 Mar 08 :: 15:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ah, now I get it. And I noticed, I wrote repost instead of deleted. Sorry, I'm confused. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#87 24 Mar 08 :: 02:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Anybody wanna back me up on Chris's board, especially those who know what happened Friday night?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#88 24 Mar 08 :: 03:15

magicalturkey
Website

I posted something.

LifeSucks.jpg

#89 24 Mar 08 :: 03:24

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I just went on IMDB and saw the posts made by hersheyskiss. I reported the post of her cursing at you, Deb. I doubt it will get deleted though. The mods are idiots!

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

#90 24 Mar 08 :: 03:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thank you guys.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#91 24 Mar 08 :: 12:17

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just went to the board. Haha, some people are soooooo pathetic. lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#92 24 Mar 08 :: 13:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

One of hershey's messages got deleted (I guess it was one of hers, right?). I'm not sure what I can contribute to the conversation on IMDb at this point. There's this weird, long post at the end by someone who was trying to make a point that stars sometimes do end up dating fans and end up happily married. Hey, no one ever said it doesn't happen. Didn't something like that happen with someone on ROTN? Ryan Pinkston? I recall something like that having been discussed somewhere before, but I don't remember details.

This is not so much about anyone saying Chris would never date a fan. Hell, how would we know?? We don't even really know him, much less his dating preferences. This is about Deb saying it was quite unlikely he'd date a fan unless she was close to his age and lived in the greater LA area. If anyone is a fan of his and wants to try dating him, hey, go ahead. He's perfectly capable of making his own decisions as to whom he would like to date or not. But what we won't ever participate in is giving out his contact details. Never ever.

I know this person didn't ask us to, but I felt this vibe that this is what it was all about. We will happily relay any messages from fans to him that we feel are sincere and that he would appreciate reading, but we will not forward anything to him that we feel is inappropriate. And if this person really wanted us to ask Chris if he preferred his women more model-like or with some meat on their bones, that would well fall into that category. If we started sending him stuff like that, it would very quickly end our relationship with him too. And I guess it's safe to say that no one here wants that, right?

-TeeJay

#93 24 Mar 08 :: 13:35

magicalturkey
Website

It is one of Hershey's posts that got deleted. I was trying to bring some sanity onto that board, saying what you said TeeJay... we don't know for sure that he wouldn't, but the chances are slim.  I guess it didn't work.

LifeSucks.jpg

#94 24 Mar 08 :: 14:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

What did Hershey say? Sounded like she was calling Deb bad names.

I just wrote up a little "essay" about dating actors. Just had to get it off my chest. But I'm not sure if I'm really gonna post it on IMDb. I don't wanna piss off any more people, even though there really isn't anything in it that I'd call offensive.

-TeeJay

#95 24 Mar 08 :: 15:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Mel reported her for cursing and calling me names.  Frankly, I'd rather her insane drivel stay up there so people see exactly what kind of person she is.  And I'd still rather not talk about this stuff in a public forum.  It's really none of our business who he dates.  But I will say this:  I don't know why people can't just be happy enjoying someone's work.  Why in the world would you set yourself up for crushing disappointment by thinking you're gonna become his one true love?  There's 300 million people in the US alone.  And over half of them are women.  Most of the women surrounding him, that he meets on a daily basis, are GORGEOUS and smart and talented and cooler than any of us will ever be.  What are the chances you're gonna compete?  Really.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#96 24 Mar 08 :: 17:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If I wanted to make a stand on IMDb, this is what I'd post. Let me know if you think it'd be appropriate or not.

Listen, guys, no one ever said Chris wouldn't date a fan. It would be preposterous of any of us from chris-marquette.com to even say so. We don't know him very well. We don't have a clue whether he likes his girlfrields slim or well-rounded. But I do agree with Deb that it would not be very likely for him to date someone who wasn't close-ish to his own age and didn't live in the greater LA area.

And I'm sure there's tons of examples where "stars" have dated their "biggest fans" and then end up happy together or happily married. And it's great if it works out that way. But, like Laura already said, if you seriously wanna date a working actor, you have to be aware that their lives are very different from that of your average working day man or woman.

Most of this applies to any relatively well-known actor/actress, independent of gender, but let me use the male pronoun to make my point. A working actor will be away for weeks or months on end if the movie he's in is being shot on location somewhere outside of his hometown or maybe even outside of the country. Even if you're there on set with him, he will work 12 to 16 hour days sometimes, will get up at 5 AM for make-up, will work until nightfall and will not have more than a few short breaks during the day. He will continuously be given rewrites of the script to memorize and spend his off-camera time preparing for the shoot. If he's really busy and one project follows the next, he might not be home for more than a month at a time before he goes off to the shoot the next project.

Temptation: Deb has a point when she says he will constantly be surrounded by beautiful women--both on and off the set. He might also be screen-kissing some of them, maybe even make out with them, lie in bed with them (half-) naked. I imagine this could be quite the trial for a girlfriend unless she trusts her guy explicitly.

Once the actor gets more well-known, he will be addressed in the streets, will be asked to give autographs, take photos with strangers, hug strangers, put on a smile for them, talk to them even if he may not want to. Take this a step further, he might be followed around by paparazzi. Unless he totally seals himself off, his life (including that of his family and friends) will to some degree be shared with the public more than that of any given non-celebrity.

Laura also pointed out that often actors date other actors or people working in the business. Because they understand what it's like, what the business is like, what the pressures and challenges and pitfalls are. Of course that doesn't mean that someone outside the business can't understand or handle it. But it certainly makes it easier.

Think about this for a moment: If you love an actor you've only seen in the movies or on the TV screen, did you fall in love with the person or the character? What you see of an actor on the screen is what he wanted you to see, what he wanted the character on the screen to be like and to act and react like. It would be wrong to think that there isn't a bit of every actor's personality in each of the roles he played, but you will rarely be able to grasp an actor's personality only through the roles you've seen him play. Because, quite simply, a character on the screen is just an effigy of the person the actor meant to portray.

What I'm trying to say is that if you meet an actor in person whom you only know from seeing on the screen, be prepared that he might be completely different from what you're expecting.

I'm not trying to make a stand against dating people in the entertainment industry. Love has no boundaries. If you're in love and you wanna make it work, you will always find a way, no matter what obstacles are thrown in your path. However (and I can only speak for myself), I know that I myself would be quite unhappy if all of what I've been trying to convey would apply to my boyfriend. Of course I would try to make it work, but I can imagine it would be twice as hard as being with someone who had a lifestyle closer to my own.

And if you are that person who wants to date the actor you admire, more power to you. I really, sincerely wish you all the best of luck.

-TeeJay

#97 24 Mar 08 :: 17:05

magicalturkey
Website

I like it.  I don't think it's harsh at all... it's truthful, just like it's been between all of us on that board.  We're telling the truth, and it hurts. But hopefully that can get through to them.

LifeSucks.jpg

#98 24 Mar 08 :: 17:50

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I would take out the mention of our website.  I really just don't want it to be associated with this discussion.  Am I the only one who's incredibly uncomfortable with this?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#99 24 Mar 08 :: 18:03

magicalturkey
Website

I am uncomfortable with it, yeah.  I just wanna try to knock some common sense into them.  I have a feeling this won't just go away on it's own.

LifeSucks.jpg

#100 24 Mar 08 :: 18:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I'm with you there, Laura.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer