#101 24 Mar 08 :: 18:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: All you IMDb jerks out there

This new girl is not gonna let it go.  I'm sorry but Micky Dolenz?  Could she cite an example who's not a dried-up old has-been who'd probably marry anybody that looked at him twice?  Jeebus!

Post your thing, TeeJay.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#102 24 Mar 08 :: 19:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just posted it without mentioning the site. I'm not overly comfortable talking about this, but I'd rather set the record straight than being called names for speaking the truth. And it's not like we're doing anything inappropriate. Inappropriate would be if we actually sent Chris the original question asked by waannief.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#103 24 Mar 08 :: 19:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just read what you wrote and I think it's perfectly written. I think it was a good decision to post it. If they still don't get it - their problem.

I hugged the Seeker!

#104 24 Mar 08 :: 20:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

BTW, that "new" person who's butting in on th thread?  It's Abbie.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#105 24 Mar 08 :: 21:09

justme
Supreme Dorquette

I tought I taw a puddy tat! tongue

#106 24 Mar 08 :: 21:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

BTW, that "new" person who's butting in on th thread?  It's Abbie.

Actually, you know what? I had a feeling it was. Something about the word "Kitty" in her username. And it sounded like her writing style. Weird. Is she on the warpath or something?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#107 24 Mar 08 :: 21:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No idea.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#108 25 Mar 08 :: 03:31

magicalturkey
Website

The IMDb admin is gonna be getting their work outs with deleting Hershey's posts today roll

Last edited by magicalturkey (25 Mar 08 :: 03:32)

LifeSucks.jpg

#109 25 Mar 08 :: 03:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

She's at it again, huh?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#110 25 Mar 08 :: 13:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Her last post got deleted. I kinda wish I had seen all her name-calling, it's only half the fun this way. tongue What did she say? No doubt something that doesn't matter at all, right?

-TeeJay

#111 25 Mar 08 :: 14:00

magicalturkey
Website

She called Deb a "5 yr old tattle tale".   How clever roll

LifeSucks.jpg

#112 25 Mar 08 :: 14:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

On what grounds?

-TeeJay

#113 25 Mar 08 :: 14:10

magicalturkey
Website

Hershey thought Deb had her post earlier deleted, saying she tells the admins every little thing doesn't go her way on the boards.

LifeSucks.jpg

#114 25 Mar 08 :: 16:20

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

When in fact, Mel reported the one where she called me names, and Laura, didn't you report the one from last night?  I love it when her foul-mouthed hooliganism is visible for all the world to see.  Shows her for the true nutball she is.  I only ever reported her one time and that was because she just waltzed in and posted:

Subject line: "He looks like..."
Body: "...an idiot."

I immediately reported her as a troll without a reply.  Otherwise, I just let her make a fool of herself.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#115 25 Mar 08 :: 16:26

magicalturkey
Website

Yep, I reported her.  Someone over there is under the incredibly mistaken impression that I'm nice wink

LifeSucks.jpg

#116 25 Mar 08 :: 16:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh no!  Who would say such a thing?  It's not true, I tell you!  tongue

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#117 25 Mar 08 :: 16:40

magicalturkey
Website

I have no idea.  Some people tongue

LifeSucks.jpg

#118 25 Mar 08 :: 18:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

magicalturkey wrote:

She called Deb a "5 yr old tattle tale".   How clever roll

I don't even know what that is! lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#119 25 Mar 08 :: 20:18

magicalturkey
Website

It means she's constantly telling people higher up than her about trouble other people are causing when it's really none of her business.  Five year olds are basically known for being tattle tales.

Last edited by magicalturkey (25 Mar 08 :: 20:19)

LifeSucks.jpg

#120 25 Mar 08 :: 20:24

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay, I think I get that. Thank you, Laura. Tattle tale shall be my new English word for today. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#121 26 Mar 08 :: 13:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I guess the appropriate German term would be Petzliese or Petze. smile

-TeeJay

#122 27 Mar 08 :: 16:13

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Gee is IMDB getting annoying.

Some of my pet peeves.

1. Why is it that people think their opinions are fact?
2. That they call people or films they don't like such things as "hack, untalented, crap, sucks" and other adjectives without any kind of statements to back it up.
3. Why do they continue to post negative things about a person/film whatever over and over again and again? Can't they post their opinion once and move on?
4. Make fun of peoples names - such as Shia LeBarf or Justin Timberfake or whatever. Do they think they are clever or something?
5. Instead of having a meaning discussion of a film/actor whatever it turns into childish namecalling either against the topic of the thread or other posters.
6. The rating system still needs vast improvement. As before it seems that the vast majority either vote 1 or 10. Why can't people actually give an honest rating to films/tv instead of voting in extremes?
7. People who makes posts such as "This movie is racist" (I swear I see that on just about every films message board), "This is the worst movie ever made" or the opposite "This is the best film ever made"

Gee I could go on and on.

I think another thing that really bugs me is that people who hate someone continues to post over and over on that persons message board. Can't they post their opinion once & move on? I dislike a few celebrities, such as Paris Hilton but I have never even posted on her IMDB message board because it's a waste of my time. Of course if anyone questions them as to why they continue to post their hate they say something like "This is not a fan board" Which is true, but instead of having civil discussions it turns into a childish tit-for-tat attacks.

#123 27 Mar 08 :: 16:20

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, that's one of those things I don't understand about IMDb.  Do these people really have nothing better to do than cause trouble?   I realize it can be fun when you have nothing better to do and you're bored, but there's people who do that every day .

LifeSucks.jpg

#124 27 Mar 08 :: 16:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Illinois, I could hug you right now. You are so right and I whole-heartedly agree with you. I love your signature on IMDb: "Your opinion is not fact." So true!

What ticks me off is that people post the same shit over and over again and think they're so clever because they're the first person to think of it. No one ever reads older posts but just butts in with a new one. MINE MINE MINE! I need to have MY OWN THREAD!

I don't get it either why people get off on calling actors or celebrities names on these boards. Guess they take some kind of perverse pleasure in seeing the fans coming to this person's defense. Just last night someone basically called Kyle Newman a bungler, based on some rumors they heard. Gee, thanks. Most of these people are probably just bored and enjoy picking a fight. What I've learned is that you don't go to IMDb to have a serious or honest conversation. I mainly go to put the wrongs right that are being spread on most every IMDb board and to stand up for the people or projects I believe in.

-TeeJay

#125 27 Mar 08 :: 17:21

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Oh yeah thought of another one.

Why do people make a big deal about a films IMDB user rating?

I have never seen a studio use the IMDB rating to promote a film or a dvd.
Since the voting is open to dishonest voting (extreme voting 1 or 10) or other manipulation it's not an honest & true rating at all.

In a way I wish they would abolish the ratings all together.

Board footer