#1 17 Aug 06 :: 21:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

The Three Jobs Principle

I've been meaning to post about this for a long time, but I always forget when I'm actually sitting in front of the computer.  So here goes:

A long time ago, I read this article about acting where someone said the goal of any actor is to take jobs that will get them more jobs.  Seems like a no-brainer, huh?  Well, yeah.  But this article said that any actor can stay busy if each job he takes lands him three more jobs, and each one of those jobs lands him three more jobs, etc.  You know, kinda like a pyramid marketing thing.

Chris seems to have found a way to put this principle into play.  It seems like every time we hear about a new role, another one and then another one and then another one always follows.  It's insane!  But wonderful for his bank account and his resume, I guess.  Kinda makes me proud.  I mean, really, take a look at any other 21-year-old actor you can think of and check their credits.  How many others have as much work under their belts as our guy?

Another thing I wanted to point out was that he has benefitted enormously from being a part of the Sony stable.  Just think, he was probably able to walk over from the JOA set to the SM set on the same lot.  And Huff was shot there too.  I have this funny mental image of him on the last day shooting JOA.  He goes from the set to the studio barber's chair, gets his fresh, new Marc GSW haircut, and walks over to shoot that.  Then, a few days later, with his chin all stubbly, he comes back to shoot Huff: Sweet Release.  I know it didn't happen like that.  But it's funny to think that it could've.  Man, those lucky employees on the Sony lot.  They got to watch him grow up over there.

What we wouldn't give...

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#2 17 Aug 06 :: 21:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: The Three Jobs Principle

Oh yes, that principle certainly seems to work for him. That's good. He once said he wants to "do it all". He certainly seems to be on the best way there.

Yeah, I would have paid money to hang out on the Sony lot just to watch him. I wonder how much time passed between GSW and Huff. The hair certainly looks similar.

And it's true, his resume is impressive. He's been really blessed, I think. A combination of luck, talent and skill. Lots of skill. And awesomeness.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

Board footer