#1 31 Aug 06 :: 19:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If The Dorquettes Made Chris's Demo Reel, It Would Have To Include...

... the meltdown from American Gun.

... the menacing James/Teddy scene from Huff 2x04.

... something from Miracles 1x05, maybe the library scene or the meltdown.

... Colin Ingrim's breakdown from Judging Amy.

... something from Strong Medicine.

... the Adam/Grace scene from Joan of Arcadia 2x17.

... the break-up scene from Joan of Arcadia 2x19.

... the massage scene from Just Friends.

... the "f... her for me!" from Girl Next Door.

... something from The Tic Code.

Any more or more specific ideas? If we can get a unanimous vote on this, we can try to actually put this together and upload it somewhere.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 31 Aug 06 :: 21:50

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: If The Dorquettes Made Chris's Demo Reel, It Would Have To Include...

From Strong Med, I would pick the scene in BMI where Lu tells Marc he has gotten Olivia pregnant.  Come on, "define first moment" is classic!

From The Tic Code, I would pick the scenes surrounding Miles seeing his father for the first time in ages.  That's some great work.

The scene where Helen reads Elizabeth's letter to Adam in Jump would be on my reel because the silent agony that turns to relief that we get to see Chris portray is so powerful.

Cody's breakdown in TBAA.

The James/Byrd "biblical" scene would be on my reel too.  God, I just love how badass he is in that scene.

This reel is already getting really long already!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 31 Aug 06 :: 22:34

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I see, I don`t need to post my favorite scenes, because you already posted most of them. wink

The BMI "define first moment" definitely HAS to be on the Demo reel! LOL
From the Tic Code I would also add the scenes when Tyrone and Miles are sitting at the harbour (?) and talking. I love this scene.

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 01 Sep 06 :: 05:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

So, I'm going through pics, looking for a wallpaper to have on POS for Steph to see and I finally figured out how to explain to her why I love Chris:  He's quirky as hell.  And he's balls to the wall every single time, in every single role.  Think about it.  And yes, I think he's sexy.  But also, I think he's very funny and emotionally intuitive and just so damned talented that he could work forever, if that's what he wants.

Tonight, I watched the two hour Inside The Actor's Studio with Dustin Hoffman.  And it was amazing.  I love Dustin.  Tootsie is in my all-time Top 10 favorite movies.  That's who Chris is, I think, the Dustin Hoffman of his generation.  Maybe not what one would think of as conventionally handsome, but certainly beautiful.  And so passionate about his craft.  When Chris is 68, like Dustin, he'll be doing just this kind of illustrious-career retrospective interview.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5 01 Sep 06 :: 08:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

First of all, here's some explanation of a term that I had never heard before, so I'm quite sure Anne won't have a clue either:

BALLS TO THE WALL
To push to the limit, go all out, full speed.
A very colorful phrase, one needs to be careful when using "balls to the wall". Although its real origin is very benign, mos people assume it is a reference to testicles. In fact it is from fighter planes. The "balls" are knobs atop the plane's throttle control. Pushing the throttle all the way forward, to the wall of the cockpit, is to apply full throttle.

To push to the limit. Oh yes, that's what he does. He throws himself into each and every role that he does, as best as he can to give the audience the best possible full-on character the way he intends him to be like. I would have to agree with that. I'd love to see Chris become something of the new Dustin Hoffman and I'd love to follow his career until he's 68. Not that I think I'll live that long, but, hey, you never know. I mean, he's barely 21 (Chris, I mean), and look at all the amazing work he's already done. I don't wanna jinx it when I say: It can only get better, but I sure hope it will!

What he also is, and Melissa named her website after that: versatile. He's done different things and he's marvelled at pretty much each of them. We have yet to see his full range, but I'm quite sure we will at some point. I, for one, would love to see him play a really through-and-through bad guy. A really evil character. I mean, yes, we've had James, but he wasn't the true bad guy that you hate and despise and would want to stay away from as badly as you can. I wanna watch Chris as Mr. Evil and hate him for it. I mean, as the character he's playing. Not that I'd like to see him be the bad guy all the time, typecasting isn't too cool. But Chris is way too talented at different genres to be typecast any time soon.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#6 01 Sep 06 :: 09:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I have to admit it, I didn't have a clue either. Never heard of that term. LOL
So thanks Tina, for the explanation.

So Chris is the new Dustin Hoffman? Well, for me he is also the new John Cusack, but I also like Dustin Hoffman a lot and I am definitely with you on following his career until he's 68 ...
I don't need to say that I second what Tina posted above. But yeah, I also want to see Chris as Mr. Evil. Kinda like a Dr. Jekyll (?)/Mr. Hyde character. LOL wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 01 Sep 06 :: 15:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I was thinking last night --- and I will post this in that past roles thread at IMDb --- if they ever decided to remake The Graduate, Chris would make a perfect Ben Braddock.  With maybe Mariska Hargitay as Mrs. Robinson.  Not that I think they should ever remake The Graduate.  That would be blasphemy.  But if they did...

Deb

PS: Balls to the wall became part of the vernacular with the old Accept song of the same name.  It's a heavy metal song about rebellion, kinda hokey.  But the term stuck.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#8 01 Sep 06 :: 16:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

One more thing:  I chose the Ken doll collage as my wallpaper for Steph's visit.  Would that be "no balls to the wall"?  LOL!  OK, shutting up now.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#9 03 Jan 07 :: 22:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I swear, one day I'm gonna sit down and put all those scenes together in one video. But that's gonna take a loooot of patience and time because the formats of the video sources of the stuff I have differ (4:3 vs. 16:9) and for it not to look shitty, I would have to do some heavy converting. But I'd love to attempt it when I find the time.

-TeeJay

#10 03 Jan 07 :: 23:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

You do that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#11 18 Jan 07 :: 21:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

After talking about it for weeks, it's finally here!! I proudly present..........

::: The Dorquette Demo Reel (76 MB)
WARNING! Some of this contains strong language (rated R)!

This is what Chris's demo reel would look like if we had a say in what would have to go in there. It's a little heavy on the dramatic stuff and maybe a little too short on the comedy, but we feel it's an accurate representation of his best work so far. Enjoy 42 minutes of pure Chris at his best.

-TeeJay

#12 18 Jan 07 :: 22:09

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Great work, I like it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 19 Jan 07 :: 18:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It rocks.  Plain & simple.  Of course.  Look who made it.  'Nuff said.  big_smile

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#14 20 Jan 07 :: 01:25

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I'll start downloading it now. It's going to take awhile though - my connection speeds are crap. Stupid telecom.

tesig1.jpg

#15 20 Jan 07 :: 19:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey Susanna, how'd it go?  Did it download and play for you OK?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#16 21 Jan 07 :: 05:34

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Wow, that's a very impressive collection. He's too good isn't he? I mean, I know he's a brilliant actor, but seeing all those clips, one after the other - it blows you away.

tesig1.jpg

#17 21 Jan 07 :: 05:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, it certainly does blow you away.  You know what's funny?  As cheesy as Touched By An Angel is I cannot get through those clips without crying.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#18 21 Jan 07 :: 13:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, I have to admit, it didn't blow me away that much, but I guess that's because I knew all the clips already. But it must be a mind-blowing experience for someone who doesn't know his work or only parts of it. It's a great collection and I love it very much.
On the other hand, I can't watch the Judging Amy clips without a knot in my stomach. <sigh> Not to mention the JoA clips ... <double-sigh>

I hugged the Seeker!

#19 21 Jan 07 :: 14:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I think it's a wonderful collection and a true homage to what he's done so far. It didn't blow me away either when I watched it, but that was probably because I've been converting and cutting and watching the clips so much that I've seen them too often now. But for someone who hasn't seen all this stuff (or parts of it) and who wants a true, representative overview over what Chris has done, this is what that person should be looking at. I love how it turned out. I hope the demo reel his manager/agency sends out is halfway as good as this!

-TeeJay

#20 21 Jan 07 :: 16:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

I love how it turned out. I hope the demo reel his manager/agency sends out is halfway as good as this!

Yeah, me too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#21 28 May 07 :: 18:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey, look, someone else made their own 4-minute demo reel. But somehow the MB won't let me post the link properly, so you'll have to paste it into your browser yourself from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-iZaU0auYQ

smile

-TeeJay

#22 28 May 07 :: 18:34

shoothoops22

I just watched it it wasnt as good as the one as the one on here though.:)

The G song haha

#23 28 May 07 :: 18:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks. smile It's not as comprehensive. I mean, ours is 42 minutes. This one is 4. I still like it, but I don't really get why this person chose the song "Don't Dream It's Over". That doesn't really have anything to do with Chris, does it?

And I don't wanna seem petty or anything, but I'm quite sure this person used the vidcaps from our site. She didn't credit us. Not that I really mind or need to give permission, but it sure would have been nice.

-TeeJay

#24 28 May 07 :: 18:57

deedee

yah i noticed almsot all the scenes were the same from here it hink they did tina. thats not nice:(:(

#25 28 May 07 :: 19:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's pretty cool, actually.  Don't know why they chose that song.  Probably they just like it.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer