#1 21 Nov 08 :: 16:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

RPF?

Okay, this is something that's creeping me out. Fan fiction is one thing, but Real Person Fic? You don't know what RPF is? RPF is when writers don't take the characters of a show/movie to use them for their story, it's when they take real persons and write stories about them. Like if someone wrote a fan fiction that starred Chris Marquette and Amber Tamblyn.

Why am I suddenly posting this? I've been a little obsessed with Prison Break lately, and a lot of people seem to be interested in writing Sarah Wayne Callies/Wentworth Miller RPFs. Eek. It's creeping me out. Sarah Wayne Callies is (I think) married and has a kid. And not with Wentworth Miller. Just out of curiosity (so I knew what I would be talking about when I said it creeped me out), I read a bit of one of them. It wasn't even badly written or anything. It was about the two of them being at the set and a lot of unspoken sexual tension between them.

Is it just me, or is that something that you could call overstepping boundaries that shouldn't be overstepped? As far as I'm concerned, the fanfic writers can get Sara Tancredi and Michael Scofield into bed, making them do all the wildest, kinkiest, dirtiest things they can think of, but projecting this onto the real actors? Sorry, way out of line, dude! At least that's my opinion.

What do the others think?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 21 Nov 08 :: 17:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: RPF?

You know what I think already.  I'm squarely in alignment with you.  I think it's icky and strange and something I could never do in a million years.  Now when I was say 14-15 or so, I used to make up stories in my head about me and my favorite guys --- usually to help put me to sleep since I've always had problems with insomnia.  I'm not going to go into detail about it because it's far too embarrasing, but I think it's kind of normal when you're a kid to imagine that stuff.  But to write it all down and share it with the whole world via the Internet?  No freakin' way!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 21 Nov 08 :: 18:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I'm with you here.

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 22 Nov 08 :: 08:03

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I really like what you said, Deb. I feel the same way.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

Board footer