#1 27 Jan 07 :: 11:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Chris at the FX Show in Orlando, FL

Here's an update I received from Joe (Deb's colleague) who Deb called from the con:

Debbie called me from the convention. She said she met the organizer of the Con and he's a dick. She gave him a card and he said he'd give it to Chris but there's no way they were going to talk at this convention. If they want to meet and talk outside of the convention, that's their business.

Okay, so I guess our chances to get a good talk with Chris just slimmed out. Let's hope he'll have some time to spare outside of the con to sit down with Deb. Would majorly suck if we spent all this time and effort to get this off the road and nothing ain't happening but a handshake and an autograph. Which is what I kinda see happening now. I guess at this point that's all we can expect. If we get more, that'd be great.

What I think Chris would do, though, is give Deb his manager's contact info and maybe we can arrange something with him some other time through that. Either way, I don't think this trip will have been in vain. The least we'll get out it is planting our page in Chris's head and maybe get some more reliable contact info than UTA. Let's cross our fingers for that happening.

I'm off to wear my own Fanboys shirt now and cross fingers all day. smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 27 Jan 07 :: 11:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Chris at the FX Show in Orlando, FL

Aaawww, that sucks. But well, we kinda had to face that this would happen. This con is hard work in the first place.
But I will definitely still wear my Fanboys Shirt today and also cross my fingers.

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 27 Jan 07 :: 11:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I guess these organizing people kinda want to lower the chances of fans stalking the actors. I can even kinda see his point of not wanting to arrange things for Deb, but it sounds as if he wasn't very nice about it. Let's hope he at least gives Chris the card, although it also didn't sound like he would. Probably threw it in the next trash can, the prick. Depending on how big such a con actually is, I believe it's hard to actually get in touch with the actors and guests if it's a huge thing and security is very tight. That's why I'd always prefer to go to small cons, sometimes you even end up sitting with one of the guests at the bar in the evening.

Sometimes it's also about talking to the right people a little lower in the "food chain". At my (so far) only Star Trek convention, I was supposed to go with Julia, a friend of mine. But then she had to cancel and I went with Anja and Birgit instead. At the con, I started to write a letter for Julia, telling her all the cool things that were happening. Then I had the idea of getting some of the actors to sign it on the second day, so I took my letter to the autograph tables, told them quickly that this letter was for a friend who wanted to come but couldn't, and they all signed it. Well, except for the two Klingon actors, who wanted money for their autographs.

Who was also there were Larry and Janet Nemecek, who were people who worked behind the scenes on Star Trek. Larry is, I believe, also editor of the official Star Trek magazine. Their autograph table was not very frequented, so we ended up hanging out there and talking to them, having a really nice chat. And later I went back to them and told them about Julia's letter and that I was only missing two autographs of Rob O'Reilly and J.G. Hertzler. And Larry said he'd get them for me. Which he did. For free. That was very nice of him.

So, maybe Deb has the chance to meet someone like Larry who might get her more access. Fingers crossed!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 27 Jan 07 :: 14:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Well, I guess these organizing people kinda want to lower the chances of fans stalking the actors.

Yeah, that's what I guessed too.

TeeJay wrote:

Well, except for the two Klingon actors, who wanted money for their autographs.

WTF??? They wanted MONEY? Boo. Not nice.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 27 Jan 07 :: 15:02

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

WTF??? They wanted MONEY? Boo. Not nice.

Yeah. That's actually very common nowadays at cons. They'll charge you between 10 and 30 EUR for a signed photo. Especially at the bigger cons, things tend to be very organized and pre-planned. Often you can't even bring your own pictures, but have to use those that they offer. You have to buy them too. Or buy an autograph package beforehand that gives you the right to stand in line and get an autograph in the first place. It's kinda sad, actually. I hope FX isn't as pissy about things as this.

-TeeJay

#6 27 Jan 07 :: 16:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Me too!
That sucks. Nowadays everything is about money, huh? Hey, if I should become rich and famous someday, you can have as many autographs as you want for free. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 27 Jan 07 :: 18:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's an update. Just talked to Deb on the phone. Well, actually I also talked to Kyle (Newman, director of Fanboys) on the phone. But first things first. Geez, I don't even know where to start. LOL

Deb went to stand in line for Chris's autograph (the first one to be there, she said), apparently with only one other girl who left after a while. (And Chris went like, "So, apparently no one wants to talk to me." Awwwww! LOL) Chris recognized her immediately, and this time she got a kiss, she said. smile She talked to him, of course, and he said he'd love to spend some time with her after the panel (which will be at 1 PM). It'll probably last until 4 and Chris needs to leave at 6, so there should be some time to squeeze in for him and Deb. Very cool!

As Deb is talking to me on the phone, Kyle is standing there, grinning at her. And Deb tells me, "Hang on, here, talk to Kyle." And she hands him her phone. He did remember me and he asked how the website was going. I said great and told him we have lots of Fanboys stuff on there, getting people interested in the movie. He told me that they're gonna show about 10 minutes from Fanboys later. And he said he'd get that preview to us for the website. Really? Wow. Thanks!! I told him to ask Deb for a business card with our details, let's hope he'll do it for real. But I guess Deb's gonna bug him enough. tongue

Or course Deb's wearing her new Fanboys t-shirt today, so Kyle also asked me, "So, you designed those shirts, huh?" Yep. Looks like he really liked it. That was about it, I wished him lots of fun at the con, and then the moron hung up on me! (Just kidding, Kyle's not a moron.) So I called Deb back. She said she's gonna go find out where the panel is and she might call in later to give me an update. Or maybe I'll hear from her tomorrow.

Wow, looks like the combined Fanboys t-shirt mojo helped and Deb will bring home lots of goodies. Oh, and Deb said what I just described above: Autographs (also Chris's) were $20 a piece and you had to use the photo they were offering too. Curious what photo that'll be. But she's gonna try having those collages of ours signed later.

All in all I'd say: Pretty damn friggin' cool. Looks like things turned out all right after all. Or way better than all right. Wish I could be there as well but I'm so glad Deb is.

Oh, and Anne? Deb said since there was no one in Chris's autograph line at first and he had some time on his hands, he read our letters that Deb gave him right away. So this time we're actually sure he's gotten and read them. Very cool! Deb didn't tell me if he said anything about them, though. Guess we can quiz her on that later.

I'm all big_smile

PS: Deb said Chris's facial hair style is getting really scruffy, kinda like in those Fanboys party pictures from Sean. And the head hair is all spiked up, looking good. Can't wait to see it for myself.

-TeeJay

#8 28 Jan 07 :: 01:33

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Wow!

You guys sure know how to meet Chris huh? Sounds awesome. big_smile

tesig1.jpg

#9 28 Jan 07 :: 09:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, well, we're trying, you know. smile The con thing was just something that fell into place. We just had to take the opportunity to have one of us there. Where else would you have a chance to get close to the actors and talk to them, this one actor in particular? I hope Deb managed to get some manager info off him this time, so maybe it's not the last time we hear from him. You never know...

I'm curious what Deb has to tell us when she gets back, but her flight doesn't go before tonight (her time), so the earliest we'll see pictures will be Monday morning. Can't wait!!

-TeeJay

#10 28 Jan 07 :: 11:09

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!
That was friggin' cool!!!
I can't wait to see pictures!!!
yikes:o:o

I hugged the Seeker!

#11 28 Jan 07 :: 18:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just got a call from Deb. She told me she pulled it off. big_smile You da (wo)man, Deb! She tried to take some pictures during the panel, but it was hard to keep the camera steady, so she doesn't know how many good ones will be among them. Let's hope we'll get a few at least. She'll also bring back a 30-minute interview with Chris, all recorded with our new voice recorder. She had him sign stuff and now she says she has a day to kill, so she'll probably go watch a movie or something. She just wanted to quickly call in and let me know that things worked out great, so that we don't have to cliffhang until tomorrow. Thanks! smile

-TeeJay

#12 28 Jan 07 :: 19:02

peek-a-boo

wow this is so exciting lol
Now i can sleep easy knowing that this was a sucess

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#13 28 Jan 07 :: 20:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Just got a call from Deb. She told me she pulled it off. big_smile You da (wo)man, Deb! She tried to take some pictures during the panel, but it was hard to keep the camera steady, so she doesn't know how many good ones will be among them. Let's hope we'll get a few at least. She'll also bring back a 30-minute interview with Chris, all recorded with our new voice recorder. She had him sign stuff and now she says she has a day to kill, so she'll probably go watch a movie or something. She just wanted to quickly call in and let me know that things worked out great, so that we don't have to cliffhang until tomorrow. Thanks! smile

-TeeJay

This is so friggin cool, I almost cannot believe it! <bounce bounce <bounce> big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 28 Jan 07 :: 21:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

This is so friggin cool, I almost cannot believe it! <bounce bounce <bounce>

Yeah, man! Who thought we'd meet him in person twice in four months? Look at where we were last year around this time? Just a couple of gals on a Chris message board on someone else's site with big dreams we never thought would come true. Now we have our own site that, if I may say so, rocks da house and we've met the guy twice. Well, Deb has. We've been in touch with three directors of his movies and we have tons of pretty exclusive material. Dude, this doesn't happen to people who run fansites! Except it did. big_smile

-TeeJay

#15 28 Jan 07 :: 22:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, it worked for you. Or at least Deb. I still have to wait ... probably forever.
And our site is not just a "fansite". It's way more. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 29 Jan 07 :: 01:49

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

This is just too awesome!!!

tesig1.jpg

#17 29 Jan 07 :: 08:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Howdy guys.  Quick update.

Got home OK.  It's really cold.  Lacey's hanging in there.  She was very happy to have me home.  Dave didn't burn down the house.  Although he did lock himself out at one point yesterday and he and his dad were lucky to find a window that wasn't locked to creep in through.  For Lacey's sake, I'm glad they managed to "break in".

But on to what you really wanna know about.  Chris.

He was just as sweet and thoughtful as the last time we spoke with him.  And yes, I got a scruffy peck on the cheek when we first saw each other and a big hug when we said goodbye.  big_smile

Lots of goodies on the way.  Hang in there...   

I have a total of 1 hr 26 mn of audio from the Fanboys panel and from talking with Chris in the green room.  I have a full trip report hand-written up that just needs to be transcribed.  And I have several sweet pictures.  Not as many as I would've liked but as many as I could get without being an ass about it.

Even got two pics of him actually reading the letters from TeeJay and Anne and one of Kyle talking on the phone to Teejay.  I also let the VR run after the interview while he was signing stuff and got his reaction on tape to the Young Spock pic.  Goes a lot like this:  HAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAAAAAA!!!!!  He LOVED it.  He KEPT it.  Sam Huntington and Matt Perniciaro loved that one too.  They said they were going to give him hell about it.  I showed them all the "embarrassing pics" during a lull in Sam's line.  They both got a huge laugh out of them and talked about where they were shot.

These guys definitely had a lot of fun shooting the movie and they seem to be having fun promoting it together too.  You'll get the flavor of that as we post the stuff we got over the next few days.

Jay and Dan had to cancel their appearances because jobs came up and they were both off shooting.  But all of us gave Jay a big shout-out during the panel, thanks to Chris.  Check out the trip report and the panel audio (to be posted soon) for more on that.

I couldn't get anywhere near Kristen Bell.  She was mobbed, just as I suspected.  I learned from her line manager that she'd signed for 370 people in the 1.5 hour morning shift alone.  And unlike the others, no one was allowed to just go up and talk to her.  Well, her line never died down. They had to cut it off for her breaks and you had to have a numbered ticket to get back in line when she returned.

I talked to Kyle a good bit and to Matt.  They were both totally cool.  Didn't get to talk to Kevin Mann or Jamie King either.

Because autographs were $20 a pop, I got no signatures but Chris's in private for free.  He was signing two pics for $$$ ---one from JoA and the Fanboys photo shoot one where Sam's in the middle with the light saber held aloft.  I can't find them right now to show you.  I will tomorrow.  We can post that Fanboys pic now since they were selling it.

BTW, Chris (or anyone else) wasn't getting $20 a pop for autographs.  That money goes to the con to pay for the appearance fee that the actors are paid up front.  Maybe some of them get a cut, but don't think they're greedy bastards for selling their autographs.  It's not cheap bringing these people to places like Orlando, Atlanta and Chicago.

I do miss the days when even Nimoy signed for free.  But hey, that's the game.  What are you gonna do?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#18 29 Jan 07 :: 10:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Wow, sounds awesome. Can't wait and hear about all the stuff that happened and see the pics! I read all the tidbits you posted on the board in the different threads, I'll probably comment on them later. I'm so glad all this worked out! Now, where can we meet Chris again in four month's time. wink A con in Germany, maybe? (Okay, let's not be greedy.)

So, only Chris signed the Abbey Road collage? Did Kyle at least see it? Did he like it? Guess I'll read all about it when you post the trip report.

So cool that Chris got a big kick out of the Spock thing. It is really funny.

-TeeJay

#19 29 Jan 07 :: 11:16

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sooooooooooo cool!!! Can't wait to read the report/see the pics. <bounce bounce bounce> big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#20 29 Jan 07 :: 21:02

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's your visuals, guys. Sorry a lot of the photos are way blurry, but Deb said it was hard to hold the camera steady, especially during the panel. It looks like it was quite dark in the room, so the camera was set to a longer shutter time, which makes it even harder to hold the cam steady and get a clear picture. Still, you will get the idea of what things were like and how everything was set up. Now dive in and bathe in the atmosphere. It totally transported me back to when I went to the one Star Trek con I was at, back in '99. And I can still totally feel the air and excitement of what that was like.

Okay, enough talking already, here's the pictures.

at the autograph table, signing pictures:

01_FX_AutographTable.jpg

02_FX_AutographTable.jpg

03_FX_AutographTable.jpg

04_FX_AutographTable.jpg

at the autograph table, reading Anne's and Tina's letters during a lull:

05_FX_AutographTable_ReadingLetters.jpg

06_FX_AutographTable_ReadingLetters.jpg

07_FX_AutographTable_ReadingLetters.jpg

08_FX_AutographTable_ReadingLetters.jpg

talking to fans:

09_FX_TalkingToFans.jpg

10_FX_TalkingToFans.jpg

The autograph table for Fanboys:

11_FX_AutographTable.jpg

Kyle Newman, talking to Tina on Deb's cell:

12_FX_KyleTalksToTina.jpg

photos taken during the panel (mostly blurry):

13_FX_Panel.jpg

14_FX_Panel.jpg

15_FX_Panel.jpg

16_FX_Panel.jpg

17_FX_Panel.jpg

18_FX_Panel.jpg

19_FX_Panel.jpg

20_FX_Panel.jpg

21_FX_Panel.jpg

Chris and Deb, also blurry:

22_FX_ChrisDeb.jpg

23_FX_ChrisDeb.jpg

Just Chris:

24_FX_JustChris.jpg

I'm guessing this is some sort of rub-on removable tattoo (it's cool!):

25_FX_FanboysTattoo.jpg

A Stormtrooper who posed for Deb:

26_FX_Stormtrooper.jpg

Chris's signature on Deb's bracelet that Chris wore as Keith Stratten in Alpha Dog:

27_FX_SignedBracelet.jpg

And last but not least, a mock-up of the comic that Eric creates from the boys' adventure and it's shown in the last scene of the film. It's not real, though.

28_FX_ProgramBackCover.jpg

-TeeJay

#21 29 Jan 07 :: 21:08

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wooh. I have to regain consciousness now. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#22 29 Jan 07 :: 21:27

CordyJay

Hello!

My name is Courtney - I actually found out about this site when Deb handed me a business card at the convention, whilst we were in line for Chris.  (Deb's very cool and nice, btw)

You can actually see my sister in one of her pictures.  She's wearing a red shirt and has a red purse in it. 

Here's a link to my personal detailed summary (lots of Chris goodies) on my LJ:  http://cordy-jay.livejournal.com/

And here are some Chris pics:

BestWeekEver034.jpg

BestWeekEver016.jpg

BestWeekEver011.jpg

BestWeekEver018_small.jpg

BestWeekEver027_small.jpg

BestWeekEver007.jpg

There are more pictures at my LJ, so feel free to check it out!  This is a great site!

#23 29 Jan 07 :: 21:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey Courtney, lovely to have you! Thanks for all the pics and the link, I'll check it out in a sec. I would have loved to have been there with Deb, but I live in Germany... Maybe next time.

Love the pic of you and your sis and Chris. And, Sam!!! NAUGHTY! Why did you point the arrow at your private parts!!! LOL tongue

-TeeJay

#24 29 Jan 07 :: 21:33

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Welcome to our boards, Courtney.
Yeah, it would have been cool to go to the con, but since I am also living in Germany ... well.

TeeJay wrote:

Love the pic of you and your sis and Chris. And, Sam!!! NAUGHTY! Why did you point the arrow at your private parts!!! LOL tongue

Guess what, I just thought so, too. That made me laugh out VERY loud. lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#25 29 Jan 07 :: 21:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Courtney, thanks so much for posting!!!  Woohoo!  Great stuff.  Glad you guys had a good time.  Isn't Chris just the nicest, most down-to-earth guy?

Thanks for visiting the site and sharing your stuff with us.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

Board footer