#1 24 Dec 08 :: 11:55

irina

merry christmas !

sorry if there is already a topic for this. please move this to the appropriate place if necessary.

i would like to wish to all members a great snowy Christmas!!! may all your small and big wishes come true in the coming year and also i hope that Santa will bring you lots of fantastic presents !!!!

christ10.gif

#2 24 Dec 08 :: 12:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: merry christmas !

Thanks, Irina! This is the perfect place. Merry Christmas from me too!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#3 24 Dec 08 :: 16:17

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I already did it in the other thread but there can never be enough Christmas threads. LOL Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 24 Dec 08 :: 17:38

Simon
Dorque

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Current Member. Future Star. :silly:

Ever wanted to see Chris as a Chippendale? Today is your lucky day;
http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ZcTzI7ylqCg2Xfsq
:youdaman:  :grovel:
R.I.P. Hazel. Life has lost something special now.

#5 24 Dec 08 :: 19:55

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Merry, merry Christmas to you all. big_smile

We kinda had our celebrations already. We finns are hasty people. We eat the christmasfood on the 24th and Santa came knocking, sat down (only my middle kid dared to sat on his lap) and gave out presents. Then Santa left and we opened them all and spent some time together. That's pretty much the finnish Christmas tradition. Plus the family sauna before dinner.

Our Chrstmas this year was at JTT's sisters place. We just got home. I'm exhausted! And covered in purple. I got a purpple robe and warm slippers. And a box of chocolates and a curling iron. Pretty much what I wanted. Hubby has been paying attention for once! big_smile I'm dazzled! It was so nice watching the kids open their presents. And I got a Shiatsu massage thingy for the hubby. Everybody tried it out. lol Pretty much everything was a success. Even the number of presents was just great. Not over-the-top like the last few years. smile

So really, this was a very good Christmas for us. big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#6 25 Dec 08 :: 08:04

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

It sounds like you had a great Christmas with your family, Maria.  big_smile

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#7 25 Dec 08 :: 11:35

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Why can't I have a normal Christmas, at least once in my life, please? I guess christmas just doesn't work for my family if there aren't any little children around. It's always the same: my brother makes me (almost) cry by saying hurtful things to me. I just want ONE normal christmas in my lifetime but it seems that I will not get it in this family. Maybe I'll just go somewhere else next year. roll (If someone wants to invite me over next year, here's your chance. LOL wink )

In better news, here are the presents I got so far: My parents gave me a new teapot (since I broke my old one a few weeks ago) and some tea. My other brother gave me some really expensive candies. The other one didn't have any presents because he thought we had agreed in giving nothing to each other, but I didn't really care about that because I didn't want anything from him anyway.

Here's something funny: My mom told me that she's going to make turkey for dinner tonight and I asked her: "Are you going to do it the American way?" LOL I doubt she will, though. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#8 25 Dec 08 :: 15:20

Illinoisguy1
Banned

MerryChristmasCat.jpg

#9 25 Dec 08 :: 15:33

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Oh, I'm sorry Anne. *hugsie* You can come to us next year! big_smile The more the merrier! Good food and company quaranteed. wink How does this sound to you.. Christmas eve with my inlaws (you even get to sit on Santa's lap if you want to big_smile ), then a few cozy days with us. Then a road trip up north. We could stop at the Arctic circle and go to the Christmassy-amusementpark there and see what else is there (I've always wanted to try). Then even further up north in the middle of Lapland, where I was born. Stay at my dad's house, drive my Godfather's snowmobile, maybe put a sledge behind it and take a little ride, burn some sausages on a campfire (another finnish thing). Then more good food; my dad makes this awesome deer rost. tongue On new year's eve we can watch the fireworks compete with The Northern lights, of course the fireworks loose. lol Heck, I'll even find you some reindeers to look at. Or probably don't even have to look for, they're all over the roads..

So... How about it? wink I just listed a few things I haven't done myself in years. It would be great excuse for doing them if I had a friend to go with. big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#10 25 Dec 08 :: 15:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That sounds great, Maria, thank you so much. smile I might consider that, actually. LOL
Although I'm not really a person for cold weather, as I have already told you, I think. I unfortunately tend to freeze really fast, which kind of sucks. That is the reason I don't like cold weather and snow that much. But I'll just dress myself in really, really, REALLY warm clothes, so I'll be able to do that. I always wanted to celebrate Christmas abroad. Somehow I never had the chance to do that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#11 25 Dec 08 :: 21:07

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Those of you who have family and friends to be with today, I just hope you know how lucky you are.  Just like on Thanksgiving, I'm alone this Christmas.  Just another day in my house, except for the fact that I'm not at work and there's tons of marathons on TV.  neutral

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#12 26 Dec 08 :: 09:40

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I'm sorry your Christmas didn't go well, Anne.
And Deb, I'm sorry you have to be alone on Christmas. *Hugs* for the both of you.  :hug::hug:

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#13 26 Dec 08 :: 15:25

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My Christmas was actually less boring than I anticipated. Somehow it's always the same every year. But like Deb said, I should rather consider it a blessing that I still have family I can spend it with. With a lot of the relatives, we're not giving each other presents anymore because it always ended up people giving each other money. The only people in the family that we exchange presents with these days is my mom, dad and my grandma.

This year my biggest present was this:

3714-bosch-tas4011-silber.jpg

It's a coffee maker that doesn't only do coffee, but also latte, espresso, cappuccino, hot chocolate and even tea. It's great, I love it already. Only thing is that the discs you need (that hold the coffee grounds or chocolate or milk) are quite expensive. But since I'm not a frequent coffee drinker, I guess the occasional indulgence is worth the price.

Other than that, I got a Jack Wolfskin scarf, a pair of warm socks, a coffee table book about England and books about photography. From my parents I also got money to buy a new alto recorder with, which I am going to do in the new year. All in all a pretty good Christmas. I'm happy. smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#14 26 Dec 08 :: 17:26

Simon
Dorque

When i thought i had lost it, my horrible cold and sore throat decided to rear it's ugly head on Christmas day. I woke up at 5am and couldn't sleep all for the wrong reasons. At least all the fun opening presents took my mind off it for a while. I actually got most of what i was after, including films and CD's i didn't think they would bother with. I only mentioned once in passing that i loved the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack, and i ended up with it as a present. Biggest surprise was getting a Nintendo Wii, which i didn't even ask for, but i did have a random thought about it Christmas eve. I'm sure im physic. tongue

Current Member. Future Star. :silly:

Ever wanted to see Chris as a Chippendale? Today is your lucky day;
http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ZcTzI7ylqCg2Xfsq
:youdaman:  :grovel:
R.I.P. Hazel. Life has lost something special now.

#15 27 Dec 08 :: 01:01

justme
Supreme Dorquette

I just heard about these today, but I think you can still do the music one for sure.  It's a way to send free music downloads to a soldier serving overseas.

To send a holiday card:
http://www.letssaythanks.com/

To send two free music downloads:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/specials … song.shtml

The second item runs through December 31st.

#16 27 Dec 08 :: 09:03

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

It's great you had a great Christmas, TJ.
I'm sorry you didn't fell good on Christmas, Simon.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

#17 31 Dec 08 :: 07:35

Lynnie~
Website

I'm horribly late, sorry about that.  But I hope everyone had a grand Christmas.  Mine was pretty good.  Here in Seattle, or at least in the little town some miles east of Seattle, we had about two feet of snow.  Not a big deal for some, I know, but for Seattle, that was a record breaker.  We're use to maybe 6 inches at a time, not two feet (24+ inches)!  We certainly got a white Christmas, and we haven't had a true white Christmas in years.  That much was certainly nice.   smile

As for what I got, some of the more interesting things were some flannel sheets, pajamas, slippers, a bath robe, some body mist, an electric mixer and a sweater.  I'd say it was an enjoyable Christmas over all.  Not to mention the FOOD!  I love holiday food, for little more reason than this is the only time of year we eat it.  I miss it now.   sad  Oh well, there's only 11 more months before I start eating it again.   wink

There's a "Holiday Foods" thread somewhere around here too, isn't there?  While I'm here, I'll stop by there and give you a list.   big_smile

Banner.png

#18 01 Jan 09 :: 09:34

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, Lynnie! Your soo lucky you saw snow. I haven't seen snow in forever.  : [

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

Board footer