#26 08 Aug 09 :: 23:40

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: The Peril of Adam Rove

They absolutely thought they'd have another season.  As far as I know, TPTB never went on the record about T&E.  I think they were too chicken to try to defend it.  They knew they screwed up.

So, Rochelle, ready for your first link to a post Season Two fic (a Butterflies prequel)...?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#27 09 Aug 09 :: 02:51

taylor_27

I still have 2 episodes left and then I'll be ready!

#28 09 Aug 09 :: 02:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Okidoki.  Five more minutes till Infestation!!!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#29 09 Aug 09 :: 04:04

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

BTW, I really like a lot of the second to the last ep, Common Thread.  Most especially this scene at the end...

JoA_2x21_052.jpg

Adam in the tree is almost Adam again.  And Joan gives me a lot of hope in their talk.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#30 11 Aug 09 :: 01:12

taylor_27

Finished, it was amazing Ryan Hunter was perfectly cast IMO he was hot, alluring, and dangerous!

I Love that screen cap! It's artistic and sweet.

I loved the special features i want more!!!! 

Chris' interview was really good and I'm so happy they put it on the dvd.

Amber is an amazing singer, actress, performer she's multi-talented.

Michael Welch is down right hilarious! The way he described Joan & Adam in the camper and the way he said he's living vicariously through Luke:lol:

The table read was awesome I felt like I was there lol, I wish they would have filmed more table reads, i found them really interesting the looks they give eahc other and the little stuff they do.

#31 11 Aug 09 :: 01:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, I like the table read a lot too.  I just wish it had been for a different ep.  At the very least, one with more Chris in it.  I told him I wish they'd been brave enough to put the T&E reading on there...

Chris: Well, they might not have because also me and Amber at that point, before the table reads, we got the script you know like the day before, couple of days before, we were just like ffff...., like just on fire. We were just like, "This can't happen! What are you talking about? They can't break up! Are you kidding me?"

(Laughter)

Chris: Yeah, so we, uh, that maybe... 'Cause I remember, I think might've like purposely gone in and did a really bad job on the table read, specifically because I didn't want it to work, so...

Deb: You seemed a little depressed on the one after it too.

Chris: Yeah, I was. I was just really, it was nice, you know.

Have you seen Amber in Stephanie Daley yet?  Or Normal Adolescent Behavior?  If not, you ain't seen nothin' yet.  wink

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#32 18 Mar 10 :: 08:36

OliviaRose

Ok, just want to share with you all that I'm up to T&E, just watched Secret Service today.  (I just got into JoA a couple weeks ago when the marathon was running on SyFy and I've been feverishly watching it every spare moment I have.)  I'm literally feeling completely nauseous about watching the rest of it having some idea how it's all going to go down.  For real feel like I could vomit.  Ughh...will probably finish it tomorrow and be able to share my take on things.  Totally dreading it...:(

#33 18 Mar 10 :: 15:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I understand.  For most of us, it was a complete shock.  We were totally blindsided.  And that really sucked.  But I honestly can't imagine going into it knowing what's going to happen.  All I can say is you kinda have to go through that with this show.  It's part of what makes it so impossble to shake from your consciousness.  Because afterward, you just keep going over and over it, trying to figure how in the world what just happened could've possibly happened.  Some of us have spent years trying to figure it out.

The other imortant thing to keep in mind is that the performances in that ep, expecially Chris's, are just lights-out, man.  Chris and Amber both should've been put up for Emmys that year.  For a lot of us, that was the night we fell hard for Chris.  As I told him, I wanted to slap Adam, but I wanted to hug Chris.

I look forward to your impressions, but it may take you a few days to process it, so no pressure...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#34 18 Mar 10 :: 20:06

OliviaRose

Ugh...that was excrutiating.  I blew off doing my distance/online course work for like the billionth time to watch JoA and saw T&E this morning.  I feel sick and personally betrayed.  I've been watching so much of the show -- a few episodes a day -- so it all feels very real and personal, like these are people I actually know or something -- which is totally weird but I know you all can relate and I'm not alone in my weirdness wink  Anyway, it will def take some time to process and I need to finish the last few episodes, probably watch them all more than once to be a bit more objective.  I feel like someone cheated on me!  Horrible!  But I will say right off the bat that the acting was truly awesome -- Chris did a great job portraying Adam's guilt and whatnot.  Hope he never has to feel that guilty in real life!!

#35 18 Mar 10 :: 21:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I felt it as a personal blow, too.  I couldn't figure out why BH & Co would go to such great lengths to create a wonderful character, only to completely destroy him --- and everyone who loved him.  I still can't figure it out beyond the fact that it was a calculated ploy by the network to turn the series ino a teen soap.  A direction that could not have been more wrong for the show.  It seems like if they could've made it into a Buffy/O.C. hybrid, Les Moonves might've let it live.  But since that just was never going to work with JoA, he got pissed and pulled the plug.

Feel free to use us a sounding board, if you feel like venting...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#36 19 Mar 10 :: 04:33

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

T & E is so sad. I can really relate to it. Cheating is the worst thing you could do to me. I've been cheated on alot even by a few guys I thought wouldn't because the relationship we had was strong just like Adam and Joan's. The writers turned the show into O.C. like Deb said.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#37 19 Mar 10 :: 18:25

OliviaRose

Well...Here's my take:
T&E didn't feel like Joan and Adam at all, I think we all agree on that.  I was just like, "Who the hell are these people?!"  And "Spring Cleaning" was also pretty lame and not really quite them, until the end anyway.  I actually liked the ending of that episode when they gave each other back their boxes of stuff from their relationship and Joan said how she didn't want to clean him out of her life and lose what they had.  I felt like they were Joan and Adam again.  And when Joan is standing there outside his workshop holding her box and crying and you see him through the window working on a sculpture -- that made my heart hurt.  "Common Thread" was ok, I thought it was kind of cheesey when he comes running down the trail in the rain -- "I'm ok!" blah blah blah -- didn't really feel very real.  But I liked the conversation with Adam in the tree and it gives you a little more hope.  And by the last episode, I really liked the direction they were going in the show with the introduction of the Ryan Hunter character -- very intense.  It's so horribly disappointing that we'll never know what was going to happen.  I feel like I'm having to say goodbye to some very dear friends who I'll never see again...there's a little ache in my heart.  I keep listening to the Blessid Union of Souls song "Peace & Love" over and over..."I hope you find everything you are worthy of/ I'm gonna miss you, but I only wish you peace and love/ Peace and love, tears of joy, kindness of strangers/ All of your roads paved in gold by guardian angels/ Wherever you may be in this world/ My salutation says it all/ May you always have enough peace and love..."
Anyway, on a completely different note, I know that many of you prob weren't totally down with the whole God thing and were just more interested in the relationships on the show, but I really loved that.  It's actually what first got me interested int the show.  Not to say I don't totally love the relationships in the show as well -- I was just as giddy as the next person when Joan and Adam finally got together wink -- but I also really dig the way they brought God into the day-to-day and I esp love how respectfully and realistically they portrayed Catholicism.  I'm passionately Catholic and have a dynamic relationship with God, so it was really cool to see Catholicism portrayed in a real way.  So often in films/tv shows Catholics are shown beating/molesting children or as completely dippy people who don't know anything about their faith and are just "following the rules" and having no relationship with God.  I'm so thankful for the way this show gave us a strong Catholic woman (Lily) who had a complex relationship with God.  Very cool in my opinion.  There's so much I love about this show, so many different layers.  It's such a shame it's over and we'll never know...
And as a final note, I think I have to change my questionaire response about what question I would ask Chris if I had the chance.  I think if I actually ever met him, what would first come out of my mouth would be, "How could you cheat on Joan?!"  I don't think I'd be able to stop myself lol

#38 19 Mar 10 :: 18:48

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Heh.  He probably still gets that question all the time.  But I do really love that he HATED that storyline.  Of the post-T&E eps, Common Thread is my favorite.  I love Adam in the tree.  That was a great scene.  Plus, he's just so beautiful...

JoA_2x21_052.jpg

The table read of the ep on the DVD is very interesting too.  But Chris seemed really broken-hearted in it.

Wresting with the whys of what happened is what keeps a lot of us attached to the show.  I know that I spent years trying to right the Adam/Joan 'ship.  That's what our epic fic Butterlfies is all about...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#39 20 Mar 10 :: 05:24

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I agree with alot of what you said, Olivia. You really should watch all of the extras on the dvds especially the table reads.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#40 02 May 10 :: 19:19

fangirl1891

I honestly don't think he liked Bonnie. He just wanted sex. He was supposed to be a 17 year old boy, boys have a way of seperating love and sex.

Joan - I didn't take back my photos from the yearbook. I got fired. I'm not a photographer or an artist like Iris. I'm not a literary editor or...  A science geek or anything. I'm-- I mean, I tried to be, but I'm not. I'm really just... digging around in the garbage trying to... find something that matters.

Adam - That's what I love about you, Jane.

#41 02 May 10 :: 20:25

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, I agree. Adam never liked Bonnie in a sense that he would ever love her. I think he liked what she represented: An opportunity to get from her what he couldn't get from Joan.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#42 03 May 10 :: 02:44

fangirl1891

TeeJay wrote:

Oh, I agree. Adam never liked Bonnie in a sense that he would ever love her. I think he liked what she represented: An opportunity to get from her what he couldn't get from Joan.

-TeeJay

Exactly. They only made Bonnie an artist so she and adam would have chances to meet each other.

Joan - I didn't take back my photos from the yearbook. I got fired. I'm not a photographer or an artist like Iris. I'm not a literary editor or...  A science geek or anything. I'm-- I mean, I tried to be, but I'm not. I'm really just... digging around in the garbage trying to... find something that matters.

Adam - That's what I love about you, Jane.

Board footer