#1 13 Sep 09 :: 21:16

Moondanser83

Dancing with Mondanser..

Hey guys! Well I seem to be the newest edition to this lovley little family and I can't even begin to express how happy I am to have found you all. big_smile
My name is Thea, but I'm in the habit of signing everything Moon, but either name will do. Obviously I'm here because I adore Chris Marquette and
enjoying talking to people with like interestes/obsessions. LOL I'm 26 years old (4 months and 3 weeks older than Chris.. lol) and I'm a 911 (emergency/police)
dispatcher. I've been in this job for almost 3 years, and love it. I also go to school part time and am happy to announce that there is a light at the end
of the tunnel! I looked at my degree audit the other day and discovered that I only have 18 classes left then I will have my AA in English and my AA in Film. big_smile
I was born and raised on Conneticut and moved to Florida when I was 18. Now I realize I've been here far too long and it's time to get back to a state that
actually has seasons! Unfortunatly that's not going to happen untill I finsih school... well this part of school anyway. After I've relocated and settled in I plan on
getting my BA in English and possibly my teaching certificate. What can I say.. I actually enjoy school.. for the most part. LOL
My passion is writing. Most it's been fanfiction (which can be found at HPFF and FF.net I also dabble in graphics which can be found at TDA and make the occasional fanfic vid (Youtube), thought
the evil youtube overlords have either muted or disabled many of my videos forcing me to use their lame audio swaps.. but NO FEAR! I have found a new site to host
my videos and I should be back up and running in the near future.
At this time I have one JoA fanfic in progress and a Joan/Adam video in the works, so hopefuly (along with a few new graphics) those will be up in the near future.
I live for feedback, so if you decide to check out any of my work PLEASE comment.
Well, I think that covers just about everything about me for the moment.. if you have any random questions or want to know anything else about me feel free to ask!

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!

Much Love
~Moon~

Last edited by Moondanser83 (13 Sep 09 :: 21:34)

Linus_KeepTheFlaws.jpg

#2 13 Sep 09 :: 21:25

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Dancing with Mondanser..

Wow!  You are a formidable person, Thea.  I'm impressed.  smile

What's a fanfic video?  Never heard of that before.   Truthfully, beyond our little fanfic universe here, I don't read much fic these days.  Used to be heavily into Buffy fic, but that was a long time ago.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 13 Sep 09 :: 21:33

Moondanser83

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Wow!  You are a formidable person, Thea.  I'm impressed.  smile

What's a fanfic video?  Never heard of that before.   Truthfully, beyond our little fanfic universe here, I don't read much fic these days.  Used to be heavily into Buffy fic, but that was a long time ago.

A fanfic video is exactly what it sounds like. It tells a fanfiction story, but with video instead of words big_smile
I've read a few Buffy fics (I'm a bit of a Spuffy fan.. lol) But it always comes back to Potter for me. wink Though I admit I do have
a Drake & Josh fic posted, but it's still a WIP. If you're into Potter at all I would LOVE to hear what you think of my
stories over at HPFF... though I admit, I'm not much of a canon writer, I much perfect Dramione or Harry/Hermione.. lol
But enough about that here big_smile
It kills me that I have all these story ideas starting to hit, and I just don't have as much writing time as I'd like.
The one thing I did forget to mention, that I am extreamly proud of, is that I'm also almost done writing my first origial novel.
I wrote it fro last year's NaNoWriMo and if any of you are interested you can check out a few snips of the story, along with the cover art, at
NaNoWriMo under the Novel info tab. I do warn you though, these snippets are
completly unediting and there will be several errors and typos.

Talk to you soon!

Much Love
~Moon~

Linus_KeepTheFlaws.jpg

#4 13 Sep 09 :: 21:42

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hmmm, well, that sounds very cool.  Wouldn't I love to see some Butterflies fic videos?  LOL!

I'm not gonna be your go-to-girl for Potter.  I've only seen the first 4 movies, never read the books.  I read so much non-fiction, I hardly ever get around to novels.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#5 13 Sep 09 :: 21:50

Moondanser83

LOL.. No worries about the Potter thing smile But I've been hearing quiet a bit about this Butterflies story, and once I get a chance to read it I will
DEFENITLY see if I can find the right clips to tell the story in video big_smile
As far as reading.. I'm rarely without a book in my hands, but I prefer fantasy and FBI thrillers to non-fiction.. lol. Though I will pick up a non-fiction
if its about a tip I'm interested in. big_smile

~Moon~

Linus_KeepTheFlaws.jpg

#6 13 Sep 09 :: 22:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey Thea, thanks for the lengthy intro. LOL big_smile I hope you start feeling at home here very soon.

I think what Thea means with the fanfic videos is that they're basically audio books in video format. The one I've looked at (the Harry Potter one--the Hermione story) is just audio with a static picture. But it's still really good.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#7 13 Sep 09 :: 22:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

There are three short prequels to Butterflies that you might want to read first.  Let me know when you're ready and I'll send you all the proper links.  Once you've read the main fic, there are a handful of little Butterfies satellite ficlet as well.  Mostly smutty vignettes, if you're into that sort of thing.  wink

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#8 13 Sep 09 :: 22:35

Moondanser83

TeeJay wrote:

Hey Thea, thanks for the lengthy intro. LOL big_smile I hope you start feeling at home here very soon.

I think what Thea means with the fanfic videos is that they're basically audio books in video format. The one I've looked at (the Harry Potter one--the Hermione story) is just audio with a static picture. But it's still really good.

-TeeJay

LOL, My Dark Angel was an exception to the rule. That was origianly a podcast and I only put it up in youtube so that people without iTunes could listen to it too big_smile
IF you want to see what I mean about "fanfics" check out my Dramione video "Within Me" or my Harry/Hermione one called "Last Train" they are more of an AU story told with music and video clips rather then writing big_smile

Deb, I will defenitly check out all the Butterfiles stories, if you want just go ahead and email me the links. I just might need it tonight to break up studying for my
Western Civ test.. lol

Much Love
~Moon~

Linus_KeepTheFlaws.jpg

#9 13 Sep 09 :: 22:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

You got it, Thea.  Not much I enjoy more than sharing the A/J love...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 14 Sep 09 :: 05:53

Moondanser83

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

You got it, Thea.  Not much I enjoy more than sharing the A/J love...

YAY! big_smile I've already gone to FF.net and favorite both you and TeeJay so you can expect reviews in the very near future!! big_smile
Also when I woke up today I got smacked in the head with ANOTHER JoA fic plot line and was forced to grab my notebook and start scribbling.. lol. I have a feeling there's a whole new era of fanfics come on for me. LOL
It is a bit annoying that the stories are all hitting at once... I really wanted to finish my first JoA called "Aware" before I started anything else... but this one hit with a story and a song and refused to be ignored!! LOL
The title of the new one is "Unanswered Prayers" and opens with lyrics from the Garth Brooks song of the same name...

"Sometimes I thank God
For unanswered prayeres
Remember when you're talking
To the man upstairs
Just because he doesn't answer
Doesn't me he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts
Are unanswered prayeres... "

The proluge to it takes place after the dreaded T&E episode where in a moment of weakness Joan begs God to make the whole mess with Adam go away... she wants things to be like they were before... and I'm sure you know how that goes.... we then jump to nearly 5 years later where Joan is just finishing up college...

But that's all you get for now! LOL

OK... I really have to crack open my Western Civ book now.. *whines*
Talk to you all in a bit!
~Moon~

Linus_KeepTheFlaws.jpg

Board footer