#1 25 Sep 09 :: 21:34

Poweranimals

FlashForward

It's a new sci-fi show on ABC. The pilot aired last night and I wanted to get some your opinions on it. I wasn't really feeling any of the characters myself yet. It kinda felt as if they forced too many characters on us at once. It was a bit hard to follow.

I did however feel that the plot was nicely done and I'm quite intrigued by the idea of everyone on the planet blacking out and having these visions for 2 minutes and 17 seconds. I'm also curious to learn more about this mystery figure that was awake during all of this.

Overall, I'm impressed by certain elements but I hope the characters work out better as the show progresses. I'll continue to tune in for a while at least.

Did anyone else watch it?

#2 25 Sep 09 :: 22:12

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: FlashForward

I tried.  I was really excited about it, but last night I wasn't feelin' it either.  I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood or if it just wasn't that exciting.  The previews for upcoming eps looked really good and I'll be happy to see Dom Monoghan, but I don't know...  So far, I'm pretty luke warm about it.  I don't think I can take another show as convoluted as Lost.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 26 Sep 09 :: 10:36

Warbee
Unchallenged

I plan to be watching the premier here in Australia on Monday so I will be able to let you know what I think then smile

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#4 26 Sep 09 :: 17:38

therealshell
Fanboy
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

I tried.  I was really excited about it, but last night I wasn't feelin' it either.  I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood or if it just wasn't that exciting.  The previews for upcoming eps looked really good and I'll be happy to see Dom Monoghan, but I don't know...  So far, I'm pretty luke warm about it.  I don't think I can take another show as convoluted as Lost.

I don't mind convoluted/confusing series, actually. My head usually hurts after watching LOST, but it hurts in a good way.

I expect to be watching FlashForward at least until it starts getting goofy.

A propos of diddley, the show vaguely reminds me of a great movie from way-back-when called The Quiet Earth.

That movie has one of the most surreal conclusions that I have ever seen.

At a certain part in your life. Probably when too much of it has gone by. You will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals.

#5 26 Sep 09 :: 18:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm gonna be watching the pilot too some time in the next few days. Will let you know what I thought.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#6 26 Sep 09 :: 19:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I actually tried to watch the replay last night while waiting for Medium's 6th season opener to begin at 9 PM.  I still couldn't get into it.  It doesn't suck or anything, it just hasn't blown me away so far.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#7 28 Sep 09 :: 19:00

Poweranimals

I taped it so I started watching it again last night and it seemed to flow better for me. There were some scenes that really didn't click when I watched it the first time. None of the characters are really interesting yet though, but it's still a promising concept.

If LOST frustrates you, I can understand why you wouldn't like it though.

#8 07 Oct 09 :: 19:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The next FF episode has a German title: 137 Sekunden (= 137 seconds). Wonder if they're going to show us something that's supposed to play in Germany but is so obviously American. Please don't let them use American actors who pretend to be speaking perfect German (but really aren't). I hate it when they do that!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#9 14 Oct 09 :: 20:53

Poweranimals

^I thought it was well done. Then again, I don't know German. Btw, I'm really getting into this show now.

#10 14 Oct 09 :: 21:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I actually posted this in another thread, but I'll gladly repeat it here. smile

TeeJay wrote:

Thank you, ABC, because for the Flash Forward episode last week they indeed used "real" Germans that spoke real German. Not sure if the Munich skyline was real or CGI, though. I've been to Munich once or twice, but I don't know the city well. However, I'm pretty sure that there isn't any prison in Munich that's called "Qualen" because that's the plural of the German word for "tortute". That would be a little too in-your-face.

-TeeJay

#11 14 Oct 09 :: 21:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I watched that today and I liked it so far. Yeah, the prison name was kinda weird, but it was entertaining to hear some German on the show.

I hugged the Seeker!

#12 15 Oct 09 :: 04:23

Warbee
Unchallenged

sad sad sad Hahaha I am hopeless I forgot and missed this weeks episode :doh: Might try and see if I can download a copy from somewhere...

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#13 15 Oct 09 :: 10:40

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I'm starting to like this series. smile I'm following way too many as it is... lol TV junkie...

joa219crysig.jpg

#14 15 Oct 09 :: 17:00

therealshell
Fanboy
Website

CappuGirl wrote:

I'm starting to like this series. smile I'm following way too many as it is... lol TV junkie...

Could be worse. You could be a junk food junkie !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiVeRJTtqo

At a certain part in your life. Probably when too much of it has gone by. You will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals.

#15 17 Oct 09 :: 21:44

herrommance
Website

I was so confused when I saw this title. I have not heard of the show, but I used to watch a show when I was younger of the same title with Ben Foster in it haha

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#16 22 Nov 09 :: 01:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just watched this week's episode, and I loved it. I couldn't believe it was over when it was. Damn! Can it be next Friday, please? smile

-TeeJay

#17 23 Nov 09 :: 10:49

therealshell
Fanboy
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Just watched this week's episode, and I loved it. I couldn't believe it was over when it was. Damn! Can it be next Friday, please? smile

-TeeJay

I wish that it was next Sunday already after the jaw dropping Thanksgiving episode of "Dexter".

:crying:

#18 25 Nov 09 :: 00:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

FlashForward is taking a step back.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that ABC has temporarily shut down production on the rookie drama. The move comes a month after the departure of co-showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, and less than a week after FlashForward hit a new ratings low.

An Alphabet spokesperson confirms the shutdown, but is quick to note that the show's schedule was designed to accommodate such breaks. "They started production early so that they could have the luxury to do this," says the rep. "They want to maintain the high quality of the show, and this gives the writers the opportunity to do so."

FlashForward's lull won't be nearly as long as the month-long creative hiatus ABC imposed over at V. The Alphabet rep says FF — which airs its mid-season finale on Dec. 3 — will resume production on Monday after just a six-day break.

Source: Michael Ausiello, http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/11/23/ … roduction/

-TeeJay

#19 26 Nov 09 :: 00:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, and I have to say that Bryce really grew on my in the last episode. I'm such a sucker for characters who score major sympathy points. :embarrassed:

-TeeJay

#20 10 Dec 09 :: 18:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Newcomers "V" and "FlashForward" are set to film 12 and 24 total hours, respectively, both one episode shy of numbers reported earlier this fall. Come 2010 then the Alphabet will have eight new episodes of "V" (returning March 30) while "FlashForward" (returning March 4) will offer up 14 fresh installments.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8416

Reportedly, this is due to ratings not being as good as ABC hoped. Why does this all sound terribly familiar?

-TeeJay

#21 11 Dec 09 :: 02:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Also, those two are terribly expensive to produce.  So there you have it.  I've given up on Flash Forward.  I've tried so hard, but I just have to face facts.  I don't like it enough to waste anymore time on it.  V, I can take or leave.  It's entertaining, but I can't say I'm even remotely emotionally involved in it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#22 11 Dec 09 :: 10:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm hooked on FlashForward, but I could live without V. In my eyes V is too much like The 4400, which I've also never truly watched from beginning to end. I'd be sad to lose FF, which is bound to happen if the ratings drop more next year. Somehow recently I have a thing for choosing to like the shows that don't make it past one or two seasons. sad

-TeeJay

#23 23 Feb 10 :: 02:56

EOcean214
Dorquette

This starts  back up second week in March.  I've seen a few episodes, I'll probably stay tuned.  There were a few good ones.  I enjoy the premise.

Lindsey

#24 23 Feb 10 :: 09:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm excited for the continuation. Hope they don't cancel the show.

-TeeJay

#25 23 Feb 10 :: 18:14

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

I watched the first three eps last fall online, but then forgot about it. Now it's been on Finnish TV for about 4-5 episodes and I've been watching every episode. it's ok, but I could live without. I read somewhere it's based on a book. So if it fails to air in complete, we can always read the book to find out the end.

joa219crysig.jpg

Board footer